Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539192)

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:00 PM

** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

With the recent increase in Table limits at stars, as well as the availability of e-checks again for most people, it seems as if traffic is up on stars latley, and there are lots of new and old faces populating the games on stars. With this said I asked Cry Me a River if we could reopen the "Stars Regs" thread. I was told to just go ahead and make a new one. So here it is.

This is the place to discuss the current state of the games on stars and the regulars and playrs in those games. However, this is not going to turn into another "epeen" waving or hate bashing thread. There will be strict guidelines and those who do not follow them will be in trouble and ultimatly the thread will end up getting locked again.

Basically, we should be discussing things like new faces in the games, interesting situations vs other regulars, some things some other regulars do really well and really bad,
and of course interesting gossip about the games and players in them. Also, feel free to use this to out yourself and try and get specific advice from other regulars in your games regarding your play.

Keep it civil! And remember, lots of people lurk 2p2 who don't post and aren't very active, so you never know if you may offend some lurker or actually inadvertantly help them imrpvoe thier game from your posts. So watch what you say.

I forsee this thread being mostly Nl100 and below players talking, because as you continue to move up, exploiting specific regulars in your games become more and more important and I don't think people will want to be sharing that information in such a public forum.

So again please keep it civil, if you don't like the thread please just don't post in it and keep to yourself (We don't need 20 posts of people just saying why they don't like this idea like the last thread). Once again, this thread will be strictly enforced, so lets not get out of line people, and let the discussion begin.

Also, make sure to in your posts include the level of game you are discussing.

For example:

NL100 - xxxxxx is running xx/xx/x over xx, and I think they are a pretty solid player who have been running over tables latley, thoughts?

That would be a great post.

TheProdigy 11-05-2007 08:02 PM

Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

Oh noes.

One day I will make a list of best/good/breakeven/bad 400nl regs when I get the time..

Someone else do it for me until then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Just for clarity, I would consider myself in between breakeven and good. Not a good player yet, but am getting better. There are many here I would consider the best, though.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:03 PM

To get the thread rolling...

NL100 - I have been tangling a lot latley w/ Pappi and Frol123 at the tables. They both seem to me fairly agressive and are playing tons of table hours. Frol has gotten out of line a few times vs me, however, I definatly have seen some very creative plays out of him that have worked out well. Pappi, I think is a very solid TAG at these games.

Furthermore, anyone notice the ammount of good games latley at NL100, seems like there have been tons of great times running at all hours of the day, whereas usually afternoons and early mornings are rougher then primetime. However, latley it seems like all hours the games have been stellar.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, anyone notice the ammount of good games latley at NL100, seems like there have been tons of great times running at all hours of the day, whereas usually afternoons and early mornings are rougher then primetime. However, latley it seems like all hours the games have been stellar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed.

Game quality seems to come and go like a sine wave. It seems like we are at a peak this week. I think the last time the games were this good was in August.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed.

Game quality seems to come and go like a sine wave. It seems like we are at a peak this week. I think the last time the games were this good was in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ last time games were this good was August. We haven't been tangling latley [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I miss seeing you at the tables we just play at totally opposite times now. With all the new faces, I miss the familar ones.

Have you played w/ any of the players I listed above? Thoughts on them?

ASPoker8 11-05-2007 08:16 PM

I'll spice up this thread soon enough [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

grouchie 11-05-2007 08:21 PM

I'm hoping to see my name here, on page 35 or so, with someone saying they have like 300k hands on me and my win rate is 0.01 ptbb/100, wondering how on earth I can continue to play when I could make more at Mc Donalds.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/ last time games were this good was August. We haven't been tangling latley [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I miss seeing you at the tables we just play at totally opposite times now. With all the new faces, I miss the familar ones.

Have you played w/ any of the players I listed above? Thoughts on them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took a mini-break from NLH and was flinging some poo.

Pappi is a monster. Fortunately I haven't run into him too much lately. Also he gives me respect because I play(ed) tight, but now that I'm opening up a bit lately we'll see if that changes.

There are a bunch of good regular players that don't look to tangle with the other good players unless the situation calls for it. They include:

bostonhitman
KarlSpakler
Nashorn

While these are some of the best players at the level, I don't really see them as a threat and don't really try to avoid them. At the same time, I'm not looking to tangle with any of them either.

Some of the players who like to "get jiggy with it" against other good players are:

WCG Rider
Mardagg

Now that this thread's going, I'll add some names for discussion as it progresses.

WCGRider 11-05-2007 08:24 PM

Has anyone noticed some serious differences in my game from when i was playing in early October to the last few weeks? I think i might have messed up my game or something and im playing poorly now.

What do you guys think about amazinmets73? I have a lot of hands with this guy and hes down like 700$ in 3k hands.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:25 PM

And I haven't seen Sandviper23 lately. Did he move up? Definitely one of the better players.

TheProdigy 11-05-2007 08:25 PM

WTF is KarlSpakler ever playing 100nl for? He plays 400nl+ sometimes, has plenty of money, and can handily beat the upper games. That just amazes me.

Pboy: Are you trying for SNE or just 500k? Where are you at now?

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think about amazinmets73?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good TAG.

He's tight but will make plays at the LAGS and we pretty much have to give him respect.

He posts 2+2 sometimes and IIRC hasn't been doing too well lately at 100NL.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pboy: Are you trying for SNE or just 500k? Where are you at now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just about at 500k now.

Don't know what my plans are for next year yet, but I am 20-tabling atm.

WCGRider 11-05-2007 08:29 PM

p0kerboy, in what regards do you think i "get jiggy with it" against other solid players. Not in that i dont, but in what makes you say i do.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:31 PM

Yea, at NL100 avoidance vs some of the better regs still is a fine strategy, with all of the horrible players and horrible regs out there, sometimes it just isn't worth putting yourself in marginal spots vs the other good regulars.

WCG, I still have you at like 10/5/2 over a significant sample, you apparently play much looser and more agressive you say. If you wan't Id be happy to look over some hands for you, talk me to me on AIM later tonight and well figure something out. I have seen you felt a few overpairs in obv. spots where I would have folded though, maybe work on that.

Amazingments73, is 2p2 and is a pretty standard ABC player.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I haven't seen Sandviper23 lately. Did he move up? Definitely one of the better players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I know sandviper23 is 2p2, and posts or posted here frequently. However, I really didn't find his game that impressive in the hands we had together. Played very nitty and I think was passing up on some spots vs some exploitable players, I think he was playing way to robotic.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p0kerboy, in what regards do you think i "get jiggy with it" against other solid players. Not in that i dont, but in what makes you say i do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs me personally, i have seen you get out of line a few times. Not saying it wasn't warranted w/ my image andf my style of play. However, I don't think the spots you had picked were all that great. Sometimes, like I said avoidance is the best policy vs the other competent players, maybe something you should think about?

And yes Karl is a beast. We don't ever really tangle, hes very solid, I think he is/was goign for SNE this year and I have really only seen him at nl100 since they upped table max to 24, he used to be at nl200 and higher a lot before.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to see my name here, on page 35 or so, with someone saying they have like 300k hands on me and my win rate is 0.01 ptbb/100, wondering how on earth I can continue to play when I could make more at Mc Donalds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen you around much latley... Feel free to look up my AIM name in the FR AIM thread or shoot me a PM and maybe we can talk some hands.

TheProdigy 11-05-2007 08:38 PM

He was playing some 400nl but I think anyone going for SNE wanting to mix in tables of NLHE should obviously be going for 200nl instead(winrate and tables available reasons, as well as FPP gain-rate). He is awesome though, I like him not playing 400nl, IMO.

ryanmack 11-05-2007 08:41 PM

does anyone have pt stats on me ive been playign 200nl the past month ryanmack91

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You just seem to go out of your way to play pots against me it seems. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm saying this because of a few hands where you defended your big blind with QJo and small pocket pairs.

You're definitely one of the more aggressive players at 100NL. I don't know what happened to make you have such nitty stats in Ryan's database; I've got you at 15/13 last month with a total agression (including preflop) of over 5.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:51 PM

Karl Spakler has been playing a lot of fixed limit to accumulate points for Supernova Elite.

He was splashing around at 100NL for a day or two though, and told me he was working on his no-limit game for a little bit.

He played there for a bit at the beginning of the year.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:55 PM

Anybody know what happened to

Dufman79
LaPoCaFlame
Pandochat

I used to play with them a bunch but haven't seen them around a whole lot lately. Did they move up or go busto?

WCGRider 11-05-2007 08:57 PM

I think ive seen lapoca at nl 50, and i still see duff occasionally, just not as much. Both solid players though imo.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 08:59 PM

100NL just doesn't have that many great players because most of them move up.

wateronrock 11-05-2007 08:59 PM

Hey Ryan,

I'm ON EMPTY on stars...just wanted to thank you for the encouragement at the tables, it does motivate me to play better.

I've never claimed to be good at NL...I've only been playing for about 5 months.

I have struggled playing against you and have gotten my money in with way the worst of it more often than not. I'm not interested in being anyones bitch.

Good thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

I'll contribute more later.

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 09:01 PM

finitofl seems to be playing pretty solid lately.

bottomset 11-05-2007 09:08 PM

I was trying to make a nl100 video, and everytime I looked at the games, there were 5 40bb or smaller stacks on every table

so glad I moved up

WCGRider 11-05-2007 09:10 PM

Ive got a question for you guys at nl 100, lets say you know a player is a solid reg at nl 100, how do you adjust your game vs him? I kind of have conflicting views about this and dont really know how to adjust.

Now lets say they are a 2p2 player How does this change how you play them? Now what if you know them well>?

What i have found is that most people who have helped me in the past try to [censored] with me way too much.

WCGRider 11-05-2007 09:12 PM

And also, do you guys have mad notes on everyone? What type of stuff?

1p0kerboy 11-05-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so glad I moved up

[/ QUOTE ]

I love eating me some 40BB stacks.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($57.40)
MP2 ($56.50)
MP3 ($107.95)
CO ($100)
Button ($211.55)
Hero ($103)
BB ($51.25)
UTG ($98.50)
UTG+1 ($39.70)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $10.

Flop: ($29) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $43.4 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $43.40.

Turn: ($0) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($0) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $115.80

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qh Qs (one pair, queens).
MP1 has Ac 8c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: MP1 wins $115.80. </font>

coordi 11-05-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive got a question for you guys at nl 100, lets say you know a player is a solid reg at nl 100, how do you adjust your game vs him? I kind of have conflicting views about this and dont really know how to adjust.

Now lets say they are a 2p2 player How does this change how you play them? Now what if you know them well&gt;?

What i have found is that most people who have helped me in the past try to [censored] with me way too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you take this way too personal. I highly doubt any of the multi tabling regs go out of thier way to just [censored] with you, unless of course they think you are really bad. The general idea is "practice avoidance".

I dont play with alot 2+2 people that i know of but I pretty much dont get out of line without a reason. There are other fish to take money from. At 200NL+ its pretty much every shark for himself though, you just have to be on the level.

m bozeman 11-05-2007 09:19 PM

Pandochat is playing omaha8. I play with him every day.

Das Budrick 11-05-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to make a nl100 video, and everytime I looked at the games, there were 5 40bb or smaller stacks on every table

so glad I moved up

[/ QUOTE ]

any chance you could still make that video? your last one was more informative than any CR video i've downloaded

bottomset 11-05-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so glad I moved up

[/ QUOTE ]

any chance you could still make that video? your last one was more informative than any CR video i've downloaded

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe once I'm sure my game is back on track

GT30 11-05-2007 09:23 PM

nl100

mufahula
1p0kerboy
amazinmets3
FabianTo
tesorillo
e_cack
Pipedream17
finitofl

are the players I have the most hands with over the past 4 months...all but 1 of them are solid players.

WCGRider 11-05-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now lets say they are a 2p2 player How does this change how you play them? Now what if you know them well&gt;?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you take this way too personal. I highly doubt any of the multi tabling regs go out of thier way to just [censored] with you, unless of course they think you are really bad. The general idea is "practice avoidance".

I dont play with alot 2+2 people that i know of but I pretty much dont get out of line without a reason. There are other fish to take money from. At 200NL+ its pretty much every shark for himself though, you just have to be on the level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have my fair share of hands recorded of people i know throwing stacks at me as bluffs but i ended up having a good hand when they tried it and caught them. I dont even pretend to think that I am catching all the people either (you cant). Also i played nl 200 for a couple weeks, and would still be there if i didnt withdraw money like a retard, and 2p2 people were just as agro there as here. (Except CDL, but hes crazy)

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so glad I moved up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe once I'm sure my game is back on track

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to steal bottomsets thunder, but I have a series of videos Ill be releasing soon to FR forum as my way of giving back to the community. 10 total, 3 of them at NL100. They should be very informative and pretty high in content, I've have put in tons of work on them and I have worked w/ a few other 2p2'ers to make sure that they will be very informative.

I'm still finishing up some of them, any specific things you want to see discussed?

End of hijack....

GT30, who are you on stars? I'm Upay4college.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And also, do you guys have mad notes on everyone? What type of stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I spend a day every week making sure to play daytime games and playing only a few tables and really paying attention to what lots of the regs do and stuff, I take very extensive notes.

Its more important to have reads and notes on palyers you play w/ frequently and who are competent, since a lot of tiems you are put in marginal situations adn you rely on those notes and reads to help you make correct decisions.

However, vs the more generic and bad players at the level (vast majority) a general understanding of theory and just playing well is enough and all you really need is just Stats.

Some things you should pay attention to when note taking are, look at reraised pots and the types of hands people are showing down. I really don't want to divulge more, PM me well talk.

RyanCMU 11-05-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Ryan,

I'm ON EMPTY on stars...just wanted to thank you for the encouragement at the tables, it does motivate me to play better.

I've never claimed to be good at NL...I've only been playing for about 5 months.

I have struggled playing against you and have gotten my money in with way the worst of it more often than not. I'm not interested in being anyones bitch.

Good thread [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

I'll contribute more later.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, Yea I like to just friendly mess w/ some people I see frequently, hopefully nothing was too personal or mean spirited [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hit me up on AIM sometimes, well talk NL100, we both play a lot, im interested to hear some of your thoughts on certain players in a more private conversation.