Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   10,000 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=76701)

GrannyMae 04-01-2006 05:13 PM

ok, i wanted to make sure 10k was an important post.

i have been working very close with Mat, and there are some changes we will be making.

1. status of the ZOO:

the zoo has become nothing but a bash forum. with the addition of the affil and bonus forum, the zoo is also a redundant forum. therefore, we will be eliminating it (look for other forum eliminations in the coming days as we try to consolidate to a more manageable list of sub-forums).

in order for the deletion of the zoo to be complete, we must purge the records in the back-end. therefore, i will give everyone a day to copy any posts they want to save as unfortunately they can't be archived owing to the deletion procedure.

i appreciate your cooperation in this. it is unfortunate, but i am not happy with the quality of the post contents here lately.

ZOO moderators..

effective tomorrow, mike haven will become the moderator of OOT. Jim kuhn will be running the new Religion Forum i am starting to take the zoo's slot. we have had many requests for this, and i am certain jim is the perfect choice in mods for this new forum. i hope all check in daily, as i will be running a "spiritual post of the day" contest, and awarding coffee mugs to the best posts.

Other changes:

I need to inform all of new 2p2 privacy policy...

if i determine that there is a need, i reserve the right to check outgoing and incoming PM's for ALL posters and moderators. i will try and be minimally invasive in this. however, due to poor attitudes and rampant bashing, i have decided i need to find out the source of these poor attitudes, and expunge all violators.

that's it for now (more changes coming soon). thanks again for your cooperation.

finally, if you want to complain about all of this, complain to ME. Mat, Ed and Mason will not help you. My word is final.

Jurollo 04-01-2006 05:16 PM

Re: 10,000

Damn it!!! This is all going to suck! I love the zoo!
~Justin

jasonHoldEm 04-01-2006 05:16 PM

Oh no! They're getting rid of the zoo??? At least you're waiting until April 2 to do the deed...doing it on April 1 would be waaaay too soon.

Thanks for the HU (and congrats on 10k).

J

PS - will there be a Internet Gambling is rigged forum opening for all the kooks?

uDevil 04-01-2006 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope all check in daily, as i will be running a "spiritual post of the day" contest, and awarding coffee mugs to the best posts.

[/ QUOTE ] For the sake of inclusiveness, I suggest Postem cups for Mormons and others to whom the spiritual joy of caffiene is forbidden.

Mike Haven 04-01-2006 05:39 PM

April 1st jokes finished at midday and regrettably this is not a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Granny is serious, but activity in the Mods' Forum is frenetic as I write, and we are currently lobbying S&M to reverse Granny's decisions and what we feel is an obvious abuse of power.

Apparently some of the above posts have annoyed Granny, and now we are being told that to prove a point all of January's posts will be deleted in exactly one hour as a demonstration of what is about to follow.

I don't come off too badly, but Jim is very upset.

We'll get back to you as soon as we hear more.

MicroBob 04-01-2006 05:46 PM

meh. not like we ever have that much important to say over here anyway.

I've already vented about this 'over there' and remain less-than-thrilled that Granny would go behind the zoo-mods' backs on an issue as important as this. But I actually do agree with the reasoning behind it so whatever.

congrats on 10k posts anyway you old hag!!!

MuckinWinners 04-01-2006 05:49 PM

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire.

Jurollo 04-01-2006 05:56 PM

Sadly I thought this was an April Fool's joke too, until I went to the mod board, unfortunately most of this stuff is very close to comeing to fruition.
~Justin

Alobar 04-01-2006 06:00 PM

congrats on 10K

Mike Haven 04-01-2006 06:05 PM

Thanks for your show of support, Jurollo.

And, on a personal note, I'm sorry to hear what Granny has suggested for you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I don't think you deserve it for the small mistake you made, which in fact I thought was excusable after after that thread about you in OOT.

APerfect10 04-01-2006 06:06 PM

I move to keep the Zoo. I only visit two forums, Software and Internet. Removing it would be an injustice!

GrannyMae 04-01-2006 06:14 PM

All,

i can assure you i am not joking.

this thread actually illustrates everything that i perceive to be wrong with the zoo, so my changes are now justified IMO.

the only regret i have is not checking the calendar when i told Mat on tuesday that i would begin on saturday. i should have looked, so i guess i am a fool.

finally, i have spoken to chuck this afternoon. it turns out that OOT is a tremendous cost to us in terms of bandwidth. however, none of you donks ever click a sponsor banner.

therefore, we will be sponsoring an IRC chatroom for the OOT posters, and discontinuing OOT . this will reduce our costs, and actually let you folks communicate in real time. i assume that is acceptable.

Best Wishes,

GM

Transference 04-01-2006 06:17 PM

Ugh, sure the zoo isnt what it used to be but its a 2+2 landmark, hate to see it go...

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

p.s. I'm skepitcal, this whole thread seems pretty bizarre

p.s.s. I reread the OP, and now im not skeptical im embarrassed [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

warlockjd 04-01-2006 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
however, due to poor attitudes and rampant bashing, i have decided i need to find out the source of these poor attitudes, and expunge all violators.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kicking people out for having a bad attitude?

Is this an April Fools type post?

Alobar 04-01-2006 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

i can assure you i am not joking.

this thread actually illustrates everything that i perceive to be wrong with the zoo, so my changes are now justified IMO.

the only regret i have is not checking the calendar when i told Mat on tuesday that i would begin on saturday. i should have looked, so i guess i am a fool.

finally, i have spoken to chuck this afternoon. it turns out that OOT is a tremendous cost to us in terms of bandwidth. however, none of you donks ever click a sponsor banner.

therefore, we will be sponsoring an IRC chatroom for the OOT posters. this will reduce our costs, and actually let you folks communicate in real time. i assume that is acceptable.

Best Wishes,

GM

[/ QUOTE ]

ill believe that when mee [censored] turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert!

http://www.btinternet.com/~tonyrichardson/horse.gif

warlockjd 04-01-2006 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
April 1st jokes finished at midday and regrettably this is not a joke.

Granny is serious, but activity in the Mods' Forum is frenetic as I write, and we are currently lobbying S&M to reverse Granny's decisions and what we feel is an obvious abuse of power.

Apparently some of the above posts have annoyed Granny, and now we are being told that to prove a point all of January's posts will be deleted in exactly one hour as a demonstration of what is about to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

jmillerdls 04-01-2006 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
however, due to poor attitudes and rampant bashing, i have decided i need to find out the source of these poor attitudes, and expunge all violators.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are kicking people out for having a bad attitude?

Is this an April Fools type post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously...can't imagine anyone believing any of this.

jmillerdls 04-01-2006 06:24 PM

Yes, lets make a post on the mod board about an April Fool's joke so we can all coordinate what we are going to say! It will be so funny.

Umm, not very well executed, but nice try.

GrannyMae 04-01-2006 06:25 PM

Death Valley 04-01-2006 06:27 PM

Any chance you can purge all the forums except for Omaha8? That seems to be the only one without excessive bashing....though I may be wrong as Ive never clicked on it.

As for religion, it seems like an interesting idea, but at this point in my life I am much more interested in American Idol than in religion. That being the case Id uggest an AI forum as opposed to religion

disjunction 04-01-2006 06:28 PM

Before the forum dissolves, I just want to take this opportunity to say what a wonderful singer Taylor Hicks is.

Jim Kuhn 04-01-2006 06:28 PM

But Granny................... I cant even spell religon

busguy 04-01-2006 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it turns out that OOT is a tremendous cost to us in terms of bandwidth. however, none of you donks ever click a sponsor banner.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT has sponsors ??

Jim Kuhn 04-01-2006 06:35 PM

I have been somewhat missing from the mod forums these past few days. I know there was alot of discussion about OOT and splitting forums off and making a religion, sex, and other type forums. I really did not think it would be at the expense of the Zoo. I can't believe Granny would think of disbanding the Zoo. She was our FOUNDER!

radek 04-01-2006 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it turns out that OOT is a tremendous cost to us in terms of bandwidth. however, none of you donks ever click a sponsor banner.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT has sponsors ??

[/ QUOTE ]

SInce OOT is going away can I get these stupid [censored] ** removed? I want my sheep pimp title back Can you help me granny?

GrannyMae 04-01-2006 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ill believe that when mee [censored] turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert!

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't want near your [censored], but you are now purple-alobar.

don't eff with Granny!

disjunction 04-01-2006 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been somewhat missing from the mod forums these past few days. I know there was alot of discussion about OOT and splitting forums off and making a religion, sex, and other type forums. I really did not think it would be at the expense of the Zoo. I can't believe Granny would think of disbanding the Zoo. She was our FOUNDER!

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, times change. We've always been at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia. No thoughtcrime please. Thanks.

GrannyMae 04-01-2006 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She was our FOUNDER!

[/ QUOTE ]

and now i am the terminator.

if you and Haven had done your jobs properly, this would not have been neccessary.

jason_t 04-01-2006 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At least post something believeable.

[/ QUOTE ]

bigt2k4 04-01-2006 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
April 1st jokes finished at midday and regrettably this is not a joke. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't allude to an April Fool's joke as not being an April Fool's joke. It's against the rules, all you are allowed to do is ignore all comments that refer to April Fools.

Gildwulf 04-01-2006 06:59 PM

What's depressing is that the mods took time out of their day to plan this elaborate, not funny joke.

Shoe 04-01-2006 07:07 PM

This is most definitely an April's fools joke, they must have posted in the mod's forum to go along with it. Having the mods go along with it almost got me, good one guys!!!

I will explain why if anyone doesn't believe me.

Jim Kuhn 04-01-2006 07:07 PM

I am depressed that I was totally left in the dark about all of this. They have been discussing forum realignments for weeks but....................

I had no idea Granny would be an admin. I know her and Mat have spoken alot lately and she did have that big fling with Mason........... Maybe she is blackmailing Mason?

Religion forum????? WTF? But.... Granny - I voted for TribeFan to WSOP AND I donated to send you to the WSOP even though I saw you play before! I even tried to refund some of your money when that one guy transfer cheated you! I guess you are the only one to realize I am too stupid to be a significant mod! At least demote me to politics!

Gildwulf 04-01-2006 07:13 PM

!
!
!

Jurollo 04-01-2006 07:36 PM

This GM
http://budget.gmu.edu/images/gmu_logo.jpg
Is better than this GM
http://www.playpcpoker.com/images/saggy111.JPG
~Justin

Uglyowl 04-01-2006 07:43 PM

THere is nothing to see in my e-mail...mind your own business.

MicroBob 04-01-2006 07:43 PM

on TV the abbreviation for them in the score-box is just 'Mason' and not 'GMU'.

It looks like it's Florida vs. the Grand Pooh-Bah.

jason_t 04-01-2006 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This GM
http://budget.gmu.edu/images/gmu_logo.jpg
Is better than this GM
http://www.playpcpoker.com/images/saggy111.JPG
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

This one too, and I hate American automobiles.

http://www.gm.com/images/gm_nav_logo.gif

Gregatron 04-01-2006 07:45 PM

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...nazigranny.jpg

Gildwulf 04-01-2006 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...nazigranny.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLERCAUST