Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   SEPTEMBER MONTHLY [CENSORED] THREAD (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=501238)

SmileyEH 09-14-2007 06:42 PM

SEPTEMBER MONTHLY [CENSORED] THREAD

I made starting lineup of the rugby team! First game tomorrow! I've never tackled anyone! I'm going to die, it's going to be awesome! CHYEAHHHHHHH

Thremp 09-14-2007 06:44 PM

Re: SEPTEMBER MONTHLY [CENSORED] THREAD

Lead with your head.

AZK 09-14-2007 09:37 PM

going to start a real 5x5 program and write everything down this month...should be interesting...

kyleb 09-15-2007 12:00 AM

[censored] bailed out after 10 elevated pushups in the gym today after my squats, bench press, and other ish

bah. at least my diet's on track again.

also i'm taking fibersure. i feel old.

kyleb 09-15-2007 12:05 AM

also fk this protein shake it tastes like dicks

SmileyEH 09-15-2007 06:22 PM

rugby is the greatest sport ever. we won our first game, played all of it, didn't [censored] up too bad and totally psyched for next one on friday!!!!

Edge34 09-15-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also fk this protein shake it tastes like dicks

[/ QUOTE ]

...its ok kyle, we're not here to judge....

Seriously, though, what brand/flavor/mix do you have that its so noticeably bad that you compare it to dicks?

kyleb 09-15-2007 08:42 PM

meh it's ON chocolate so it's pretty good

i just hate drinking them

Dexytp22 09-15-2007 09:27 PM

Does anyone in this forum trick? Because it's [censored] sweet, and I'm getting down with it. I didn't think a backflip would be this easy to learn, but it took me like 20ish mins to do them on my own. Though I'm in very good shape. Now to just get the front flip.

Victor 09-16-2007 03:33 AM

averaged 18.0 over 33m with 700ft of climbing. felt good.

Victor 09-16-2007 03:34 AM

also

LOL DRINK ANOTHER PROTEIN SHAKE THE BEACH IS OVA THERE U FCKN MEATHEADS

kyleb 09-16-2007 04:14 AM

hahahahahah

That Foreign Guy 09-16-2007 04:48 AM

When it's raining I wish I had a home gym.

cbloom 09-16-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rugby is the greatest sport ever. we won our first game, played all of it, didn't [censored] up too bad and totally psyched for next one on friday!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good on ya. I love that game, I wish I could get healthy enough to play again. I bet all that Olympic lifting is great training for tackles and the explosiveness needed.

Just make sure you get low low low, keep your head up, and watch the feck out for pacific islanders!

Thremp 09-16-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone in this forum trick? Because it's [censored] sweet, and I'm getting down with it. I didn't think a backflip would be this easy to learn, but it took me like 20ish mins to do them on my own. Though I'm in very good shape. Now to just get the front flip.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I live in a white trash mecca. Good luck me trying to find somewhere cool to learning tricking or BJJ or anything that doesn't suck/is latently [censored].

cbloom 09-16-2007 02:25 PM

BTW for anyone in the bay area there's a super active & friendly parkour community

http://www.sfparkour.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Rootabager 09-16-2007 02:56 PM

What is trick?

Dexytp22 09-16-2007 07:19 PM

Tricking combines elements of some martial arts, tae kwon do, Capoeira, wushu and a lot of gymnastics tumbling sort of moves. It also involves free running and parkour. Just google martial arts tricking and you'll find some good info, or try youtube. It's pretty sweet, and very physically demanding. I just started private lessons at a gymnastics center close to my college, and they are helping immensely + I can use the gym whenever I want to train! So great.

globalboy 09-17-2007 11:05 AM

Wow I [censored] hate the gym scene on Mondays. Got there at 8 and it was still packed, wtf. Why do people think quarter squats are good?

shemp 09-17-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow I [censored] hate the gym scene on Mondays. Got there at 8 and it was still packed, wtf. Why do people think quarter squats are good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because somebody told them so. You are LUCKY somebody told you otherwise, not smart.

SmileyEH 09-17-2007 12:06 PM

Nah, the worst instruction most get is to go to just above parallel (still wrong obviously), but they cut it even shorter so more pounds can go on the bar.

mattnxtc 09-17-2007 01:02 PM

Havin the fiancee back in town has really messeded up my workouts. She comes up on the weekends and until she graduates and gets on my membership...I am not able to workout as often. When she moves in in January it will be all good at least. Workouts have just really suffered though lately.

shemp 09-17-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, the worst instruction most get is to go to just above parallel (still wrong obviously), but they cut it even shorter so more pounds can go on the bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once someone is (incorrectly) taught that to avoid injury they must stay above parallel it is rational as the weight goes up to lose even more range of motion in the interest of safety.

kyleb 09-18-2007 01:27 AM

just threw a good full side session today, about 70 pitches. when i play at safeco this weekend i'm going to stick with fastball/gyroball/change.

Thremp 09-18-2007 01:28 PM

This oatmeal tastes like a bushel of [censored]. Argh. I hate dietaments.

cbloom 09-19-2007 12:26 PM

Okay, you guys are gonna hate this, but I'm sick of back & shoulder problems screwing with my squat, I think I'm gonna just use the sled for the next 6 months.

UptownExpress 09-19-2007 02:46 PM

SOMEONE GIVE ME A REASON TO GO WORK OUT RIGHT nOW AND STOP PROCRASTINAING

Rootabager 09-19-2007 05:10 PM

chicks dig big arms

Uston 09-19-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, you guys are gonna hate this, but I'm sick of back & shoulder problems screwing with my squat, I think I'm gonna just use the sled for the next 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can get past your shoulder issuses by getting this:

http://www.fullcirclepadding.com/dis.../dt_0mr136.jpg

Seriously. Best thing I ever did for my rotator cuffs.

Thremp 09-19-2007 06:40 PM

Umm... I used that because I was a tiny bitch with no upper back development. I'm still a tiny bitch, but atleast I can stop bone/bar grinding now.

Rootabager 09-19-2007 06:44 PM

i hate that mana ray thing. they make other stuff.

cbloom 09-19-2007 07:07 PM

Yeah that manta ray thing doesn't help at all, I've never liked it. I still can't get my hand back far enough to hold the bar on my back, and even if I could I've read in a few places now that for people with shoulder problems putting your arms behind your back like that pinches the shoulder and is very bad for you - same issue with going all the way down in barbell bench presses (is okay only if your elbows are all the way down at your side).

suzzer99 09-25-2007 03:54 PM

I got so pissed at my trainer today because he kept pushing me when I was obviously at complete muscle failure on the incline press, that I whipped off another 6 reps.

Thremp 09-25-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got so pissed at my trainer today because he kept pushing me when I was obviously at complete muscle failure on the incline press, that I whipped off another 6 reps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leveling makes its way to HF.

suzzer99 09-25-2007 05:20 PM

It's not leveling. Basically I got pissed and got some adrenaline. That was the hardest I can ever remember pushing myself. So it was kind of cool. Today was a good workout.

Also I'm sure everything he's doing is 100% wrong and I should be doing nothing but 5x5 dead lift and clean and jerk. But for now I'm getting a lot of it and even starting to show some muscle gain where fat isn't obscuring it.

This program is the first time in my life I've ever worked out this much. And I'm even sticking to my diet. My pants are starting to fall down past my underwear like the kids I see cruising the mall (only it's not quite the same effect with white boxer-briefs). I'm going to stay with it until the end of the year then re-evaluate.

I realize gym personal trainers aren't the best solution to put on muscle long term. But more than anything I just need someone to push me and to make sure I make it every day between the boot camp days. I think after 3-6 months it will be enough of a habit I can do it on my own.

Basically for psychological reasons I think this is the best plan for me right now. Also I really only care about putting on muscle for the purpose of losing fat and staying in shape in general. But it does seem to me like people whose only goal is to lose weight tend to stall out on that last 10-15 lbs. So I figure if I have an ongoing goal to beef up, that will help me push through dropping the last bits of fat I want to lose.

cookie 09-26-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1729576

fitnessfreak 09-27-2007 11:05 PM

mini-brag: came back from my holiday on 7th July weighing 109kgs. currently down to 96kgs and still going strong. i dont think im worthy of an individual thread or anything, just wanted to share my joy at no longer being a fat guy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

approx 6 more kilos to go before i look super sexy. and surprise surprise, i lost the weight by eating healthy and exercising regularly. revolutionary stuff!

Ikaika 09-28-2007 01:45 AM

Guys, just wanted to introduce myself here...I suck at poker and am a marginal winner at 25nl...but I'm a mod on Ironmass.com so I know a lot more about lifting/diet/etc than I do poker. If any of you have questions that you'd like addressed personally, shoot me a PM, I love to help.

Would there be any interest if I were to put together a tl;dr post about post-workout nutrition?

faded 09-28-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Would there be any interest if I were to put together a tl;dr post about post-workout nutrition?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be interested.. how about some pre-workout stuff, too?

suzzer99 09-28-2007 10:39 AM

I'd be interested too.