Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   BIG NIGE / custom title request (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510038)

tuq 09-26-2007 05:25 PM

BIG NIGE / custom title request

Sent me this PM:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for getting rid of my asterisk. Is there any way I can get a custom title? I want my title to be "minusEV" (without the quotes) as I just registered that domain name.

[/ QUOTE ]
I let him know that titles aren't bandied about, they're generally given to established, quality posters but that I would gladly ask. Got sent this:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I would appreciate it you could ask. If it helps I have another account HighStakesPro that I don't use anymore because I got ridiculed a lot for posting in BBV where it is easy to become a target, but I have 400-500 posts on that account if it helps at all as far as having enough posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even after viewing some of his posts I am unqualified to say anything about the guy or whether to honor his request. Since he did it privately I guess it could be done without anyone knowing and bugging mods for their own. Thoughts?

Yeah this was way longer than it needed to be. I blame caffeine.

*TT* 09-26-2007 05:28 PM

Re: BIG NIGE / custom title request

-ev is a registered url by him, sounds like he has a business endeavor planed - not good for a custom title.

Leader 09-26-2007 05:32 PM

I wouldn't give him a title designed to promote his website. He almost certainly doesn't deserve one in any case, but I only vaguely recall the guy.

tuq 09-26-2007 05:38 PM

Wow, I missed a pretty obvious point that both of you had no problem seeing. Yeah, promoting your site as an undertitle is an obvious "no", for some reason I was just focused on the request and whether he was "worthy". Never mind, I'll let you know.

citanul 09-26-2007 06:01 PM

rumor has it he neither plays high stakes nor is a professional.

entertainme 09-26-2007 06:24 PM

For the record, I have nothing to do with this site.

Cry Me A River 09-26-2007 06:34 PM

My impression has always been that custom titles are generally awarded for actions/posts above and beyond the call of duty, a career of excellence or some kind of a contest win. Just asking for one doesn't really seem to fit that bill.

If it does, I know I have a bunch of friends who'd love me to give them a title...

*TT* 09-26-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My impression has always been that custom names are generally awarded for actions/posts above and beyond the call of duty, a career of excellence or some kind harassment from Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

I Win!

RR 09-26-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My impression has always been that custom names are generally awarded for actions/posts above and beyond the call of duty, a career of excellence or some kind harassment from Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

I Win!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you whine so much?

*TT* 09-26-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I Win!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you whine so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have stitches in my back, and I am going to Hawaii on Friday so I can't play in the water. Waaaaaa.

ahnuld 09-26-2007 07:05 PM

Yeah I really think custom titles should be handed out less, not more, and definitely not to posters who ask or have less than 1000 posts.

NT! 09-26-2007 07:23 PM

lol no way, this guy is one post removed from having a * for being a moron and now he wants a custom title

to reiterate: lol

Mike Haven 09-26-2007 07:30 PM

Whereas normally I would agree with something along those lines, as all titles will be disappearing next Thursday when we move to the new site [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I don't think it's a big deal to be more free with custom titles atm.

I think it was tuq who said recently "Let them eat cake", (or something along those lines), as perceived rewards can often change attitudes and gain lifelong allegiances.

(I am writing in general terms. I would not agree to the subject requested change.)

*TT* 09-26-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whereas normally I would agree with something along those lines, as all titles will be disappearing next Thursday when we move to the new site [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

the cat is out of the bag, spill the beans Mike.

jman220 09-26-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whereas normally I would agree with something along those lines, as all titles will be disappearing next Thursday when we move to the new site

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but all the titles will come back again after we move back to the old software again and apologize to our users three days later.

Mike Haven 09-26-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whereas normally I would agree with something along those lines, as all titles will be disappearing next Thursday when we move to the new site

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but all the titles will come back again after we move back to the old software again and apologize to our users three days later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid point.

Andy B 09-26-2007 09:52 PM

For the record, I have nothing to do with this site.

tuq 09-26-2007 10:53 PM

All,

Thanks for your input (except possibly for NT!, who can't get out of bed in the afternoon until he has insulted half the planet from his laptop), that all makes sense. I'll let him know, to his credit he asked nicely so I'm anticipate he'll take the "no dice" nicely.

deacsoft 09-27-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and definitely not to posters who ask or have less than 1000 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just make sure that never gets out to the forums. Otherwise we'll have a bunch of fools posting anything anywhere trying to get up to 1000 posts so they are eligible for a custom title.

Andy B 09-27-2007 02:34 AM

I've given out three custom titles that I can think of. electrical is sitting at 573 posts, and I'm pretty sure greenage was under 1000 when I gave him his. I'm comfortable with those decisions.

MrWookie 09-29-2007 03:30 AM

I'm not going to ban out of forum, but I think this guy has earned some time off (at least) for spamming. Observe:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12283426

Oh, gee, what ever would you want a signature for? And then,

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12282903

What, you mean I can't make threads about my website? And then,

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12284193

Hay Guise! Look at my [censored] web design work on the website I'm spamming!

tuq 09-29-2007 09:42 AM

Do some of you people sleep? Seriously.

Wookie, I checked out that guy's site and if he's legit he just seems to be young and dumb. I sent him a PM last night about the undertitle because I forgot to do so, and also let him know that his best play was to PM Mat about the site thing but that URLs are forbidden in undertitles and Loc:s.

However, that happened before he started his OOT thread so he either doesn't get it or is deliberately spamming.

NT! 09-29-2007 10:05 AM

real smart guy posting that in OOT

MrWookie 09-29-2007 12:12 PM

tuq,

A week's worth of 14 hr days means I'm not sleeping enough or when I should be. Got back home from lab at 5:45 am, but I allowed myself the luxury of pretty much having just woken up.