Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   GrannyMae Post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316553)

Lloyd 01-27-2007 03:17 PM

GrannyMae Post

This was moved from Tournament Circuit although I believe it originated in BBV. I definitely don't think TC is the correct forum.

In any event, some of these comments have crossed the line and I think there needs to be some penalties handed out. I'm specifically talking about brazillo and PITTM. There really isn't a history in the user notes for either of these relating to this type of behavior. So I'm thinking a 1-day ban is in order. If you disagree I'm open to other thoughts.

Lloyd 01-27-2007 03:19 PM

Re: GrannyMae Post

Sorry, just to be clear the post I'm referring to has been moved to the Mod forum.

Nick B. 01-27-2007 03:22 PM

PITTM used to cheat, admitted it on the forum, grannymae made sure everybody knew it. PITTM said that he has never trolled GM, but it clear that he has.

Sniper 01-27-2007 03:24 PM

fwiw... GM did post in BBV... I assume the rediculous (yet standard) responses originated there...

(Beyond that, I have no opinion)

adanthar 01-27-2007 03:25 PM

Yeah, he posted in BBV. Next time I assume I should move it to Legislation as a tax Q, like iron PM'd me? I really had no idea where to send it, but it wasn't a BBV post either.

Lloyd 01-27-2007 03:25 PM

So those types of responses are acceptable in BBV?

[censored] 01-27-2007 03:28 PM

Part of PITTM's unbanning last week was that if he returned to his obsessive trolling behavior where he essentially loses his mind and ruins a thread, he would be banned again for much longer than 1 day

Mike Haven 01-27-2007 03:31 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8929334

PITTM's "incinerator" post epitomizes the excessively abusive remark that Mat wants to stop at Twoplustwo, in my opinion.

Some of the other comments are also delete-worthy.

FWIW, I agree with your suggested punishment.

Lloyd 01-27-2007 03:33 PM

There is no mention in PITTM's user notes of any recent issues concerning trolling. Do you have a suggestion other than a 1-day ban? I have no history with him so I defer to those that no about his past.

Sniper 01-27-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you want an opinion...

Have you read BBV lately?... I would say berating a non BBV post in BBV is par for the course. (Not that I think its great, its just the way it is)

Remember, BBV is one of the garbage dumps on 2+2...

Further, if that post had been posted in Finance, my action would have been to edit out the nasty remarks and add a post telling them to chill out on the personal attacks (same for MMB). If the post had been in TLDR, I would likely have done what you did and moved it here and considered suspensions.

So, bottom line, yeah I think the action should vary based on the forum...

Lloyd 01-27-2007 04:10 PM

Well as far as I can tell the posts were made while it was in BBV. So how about this, BBV mods take whatever action you feel is appropriate. The original post is out of TC and should not be moved back there.

Gildwulf 01-27-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, since you want an opinion...

Have you read BBV lately?... I would say berating a non BBV post in BBV is par for the course. (Not that I think its great, its just the way it is)

Remember, BBV is one of the garbage dumps on 2+2...

Further, if that post had been posted in Finance, my action would have been to edit out the nasty remarks and add a post telling them to chill out on the personal attacks (same for MMB). If the post had been in TLDR, I would likely have done what you did and moved it here and considered suspensions.

So, bottom line, yeah I think the action should vary based on the forum...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Mike Haven. I have been trying to get rid of this stuff (specific comments vs a poster like 'die in a fire', kill yourself, etc) when I find it in bbv, but it is like using a sieve to stop a flood and I am not on 24/7. The note on tone clearly says no comments like this and whenever I can find them I warn the poster. I just tempbanned edfurlong earlier this week for doing it in bbv4life because he is a repeat offender of the 'die in a fire' type of one-liners.

Gildwulf 01-27-2007 04:36 PM

I gave pittm a 1 day temp ban

GrannyMae 01-27-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave pittm a 1 day temp ban

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. though i could care less about the bannings, just the removal of the nastyass comments.

most of you know how 'emotional' i can get on an issue. however, since i have posted at 2p2 (pre-1992 actually), abuse of this type has never, EVER been tolerated. i was ready to turn in my green if this post was allowed to stand as is, because i did not want to be associated with a place that would allow personal attacks to that degree (sorry Dids, i'm staying)

i still have some lingering thoughts tho. first, if this is par for the course in BBV (as i assume it is as it was moved by a mod without cleaning up the attack), then all i can say is that BBV is out of control and makes the old OOT look tame.

second, i appreciate this thread being taken out of comission as it was simply a bashing oppty. for PITTM and his minion brazillo. however, it is a legit question that i'd like to repost. where should this be done? remember, it does no good to post the question in a forum that is not read by people who played, and some that cashed, in the wsop.

thanks to most for renewing my confidence in this place. the fact that it stayed up for 12 hours was not making me feel too good.

Jurollo 01-27-2007 06:08 PM

PITTM needs to be banned, this [censored] has been going on for 2 years now guys. He doesn't get it. I say ban him permanently or for like 6 months and let him go through the trouble of starting a new name and garnering some "street cred" again. Brazillo should be banned for 3 days as I don't think he has a history.

Jim Kuhn 01-27-2007 06:30 PM

PITTM has pretty much been a troll for a very long time. He seems to be getting even worse. He has more than one account on these forums - right? Is another of his accounts something like RJPITTS or some variation? Also - why is he bashing David?

[ QUOTE ]

judging by your bustout hand in your first wsop youre a complete [censored] retard. now go post in whatever retard forum you post in and continue ignoring that david sklansky cheated so you dont have to look like a double standardizing retard like you actually are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Gildwulf 01-27-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i still have some lingering thoughts tho. first, if this is par for the course in BBV (as i assume it is as it was moved by a mod without cleaning up the attack), then all i can say is that BBV is out of control and makes the old OOT look tame.

second, i appreciate this thread being taken out of comission as it was simply a bashing oppty. for PITTM and his minion brazillo. however, it is a legit question that i'd like to repost. where should this be done? remember, it does no good to post the question in a forum that is not read by people who played, and some that cashed, in the wsop.

thanks to most for renewing my confidence in this place. the fact that it stayed up for 12 hours was not making me feel too good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's adanthar's first day and I was out on the town because my sister is in town. This is the kind of reason I wanted more mods in bbv was so we could deal with stuff like this as quick as possible when I'm not around. I simply do not have time to deal with the level of stupidity in BBV on a regular basis and certain things will get through the cracks like this from time to time.

GW

Sniper 01-27-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also - why is he bashing David?

[ QUOTE ]
judging by your bustout hand in your first wsop youre a complete [censored] retard. now go post in whatever retard forum you post in and continue ignoring that david sklansky cheated so you dont have to look like a double standardizing retard like you actually are.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw... David admitted to cheating (in his past)... forum drama ensued...

I believe that comment is a reference to the position GM took, rather than David bashing.

Link to David's How I cheated at Poker thread (there has been other discussion...)

Mat Sklansky 01-27-2007 07:10 PM

from pittm

this is a joke right? so its cool for moderators to make terrible posts in the wrong forum and flame someone when they that out? and if i say anything back im banned? this site is turning into such a joke. there is a reason i want to be a mod and its so the worst decisions ive ever seen in my life stop happening weekly with you guys. what a [censored] crock of [censored]. who banned me anyways? what an absolutely absurd decision. i am completely disgusted that you allow such complete morons to run your site.

Gildwulf 01-27-2007 07:11 PM

I agree pittm is a troll. I think he should not have been unbanned, especially now that he thinks he has carte blanche across bbv and elsewhere because the decision came directly from Mat.

Mat Sklansky 01-27-2007 07:12 PM

Re: from pittm

does he have any points here?

if not, we'll make the ban permanent

Gildwulf 01-27-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a difference between flaming someone for making a crappy post, which happens all the time, and an insulting personal attack, which is what he's talking about.

Most of BBV flaming is hilarious and totally harmless and is not stuff like this.

Example of harmless flaming:
-when pokerbob makes his 'vote me out of bbv' post, dan87 writes 'you hate attention dont you'.

PITTM is out of line here as usual.

Jurollo 01-27-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There is ZERO reason to not finally put him out of his misery and permaban him. If someone calls up the archive server you will see instance after instance of him trolling. Adios!

Jurollo 01-27-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a joke right? so its cool for moderators to make terrible posts in the wrong forum and flame someone when they that out? and if i say anything back im banned? this site is turning into such a joke. there is a reason i want to be a mod and its so the worst decisions ive ever seen in my life stop happening weekly with you guys. what a [censored] crock of [censored]. who banned me anyways? what an absolutely absurd decision. i am completely disgusted that you allow such complete morons to run your site.

[/ QUOTE ]
P.S.
For .5 seconds I thought that was you losing your mind Mat because I didnt see the title. Thought you wanted to be a mod and not an admin [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gildwulf 01-27-2007 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
P.S.
For .5 seconds I thought that was you losing your mind Mat because I didnt see the title. Thought you wanted to be a mod and not an admin [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto

[censored] 01-27-2007 07:44 PM

RJ is a [censored] nut case. PUT HIM DOWN

Jurollo 01-27-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RJ is a [censored] nut case. PUT HIM DOWN

[/ QUOTE ]
Dear Censored,
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Dids 01-27-2007 08:24 PM

This thread makes me mad because I have to agree with people I don't like agreeing with.

Mostly because of this

"Part of PITTM's unbanning last week was that if he returned to his obsessive trolling behavior where he essentially loses his mind and ruins a thread, he would be banned again for much longer than 1 day"

I still think it's a little silly of Granny to get up in arms about RJ, because they troll each other pretty equally, Granny's just a better poster so he looks like less of a lunatic.

I think as a general rule, when a thread is moved, comments need to be considered in the context of the forum in which they were posted. I say [censored] in BBV I wouldn't say elsewhere because I respect norms and [censored].

Sniper 01-27-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread makes me mad because I have to agree with people I don't like agreeing with.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Dids

daryn 01-27-2007 08:36 PM

i also vote for putting RJ down for good, make him ban on sight

GrannyMae 01-27-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think it's a little silly of Granny to get up in arms about RJ

[/ QUOTE ]

due respect Dids, but i don't understand how/why you say i am up in arms about this. if you posted a legitimate question (tho PITTM calls it a terrible post), and out of the blue i post that you be incinerated, you would not click the 'notify' button? that's pretty sad that we even need to discuss whether that was abusive posting. that's all i did, click the notify button and had some private discussion with mike haven.

i would hope that you have the good of the community in mind when you see posts like that, directed to ANYBODY, and make sure the post is dealt with swiftly. the piling on by brazillo was no better imo.

no, this was not me being up in arms. when i get up in arms, it is not pretty. actually, i thought i was showing restraint out of respect for the green.

JaredL 01-27-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think it's a little silly of Granny to get up in arms about RJ

[/ QUOTE ]

due respect Dids, but i don't understand how/why you say i am up in arms about this. if you posted a legitimate question (tho PITTM calls it a terrible post), and out of the blue i post that you be incinerated, you would not click the 'notify' button? that's pretty sad that we even need to discuss whether that was abusive posting. that's all i did, click the notify button and had some private discussion with mike haven.

i would hope that you have the good of the community in mind when you see posts like that, directed to ANYBODY, and make sure the post is dealt with swiftly. the piling on by brazillo was no better imo.

no, this was not me being up in arms. when i get up in arms, it is not pretty. actually, i thought i was showing restraint out of respect for the green.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I agree with all those saying RJ should be permabanned and BOS. That's slightly sad for me because he's one of the pretty small group of posters that will actually discuss soccer in the sports forum. Also, I should point out that he has at least 2 other accounts (manufan and RJ! that I know of) and I would guess a few more.

Grannie, the post in question here is not what dids is talking about. We've had issues in the past (well one, despite that I don't recall anything before that point, you called me a troll in ATF and of course when I asked you why you never responded. I would like to point out that I did enjoy the grannie Paradise bonus from which we both benefitted, and didn't even take you up on your free tournie entry offer.), so maybe my memory isn't correct here but I think dids is referring to the many exchanges between you and RJ that were similar to this one in that RJ would make a reasonable post asking some question completely unrelated and you would come into the thread and hammer him with discussion of the cheating which he admitted to, and wasn't relevant to his question. The thread would then 100% of the time derail in to a discussion of him having played at the same table as his dorm mate and general bitching back and forth. As far as I know none of this has gone on lately, and while I felt you were trolling him what you were saying wasn't nearly as bad as what he's said to you in the past and here.

The main difference IMO between GM and RJ on this is that it appears that grannie is at worst just having a bit of fun at someone he doesn't like's expense while RJ pretty much always seems to have flown off the handle. As someone pointed out in the OOT survivor, RJ takes himself too seriously and has the thinnest skin in the world and treats any slight as if the whole world is after him and he's on some holy crusade.

GrannyMae 01-27-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so maybe my memory isn't correct here but I think dids is referring to the many exchanges between you and RJ that were similar to this one in that RJ would make a reasonable post asking some question completely unrelated and you would come into the thread

[/ QUOTE ]

if this Ever happened, it would have been the first week it all blew up. 2 years ago maybe, when he had ~100 posts iirc.

since then, No Way. I have never entered anyone's thread to attack them unprovoked (except maybe neal ross and ramashiva). other than that, i would challenge anyone to find a single instance of this.

as far as calling you a troll, i have no memory of this whatsoever. therefore, i'm sure that at the time i just thought you were participating in any one of the many recent gang-rapes of grannymae. nothing personal.

Mike Haven 01-28-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
since then, No Way. I have never entered anyone's thread to attack them unprovoked (except maybe neal ross and ramashiva). other than that, i would challenge anyone to find a single instance of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll check the first 2000 posts. Another four volunteers, please?

Mike Haven 01-28-2007 09:38 AM

Perception of a BBV poster

I gave someone a Final Warning for a "die" post in the Zoo.

This was part of their reply:

"Was not aware that this was out of line, as it is standard in some other forums like bbv."

Sniper 01-28-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll check the first 2000 posts. Another four volunteers, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Recent assualts on the MinionMeisteress...

RJ on GM

thomastem on GM

Gildwulf 01-28-2007 02:03 PM

Re: Perception of a BBV poster

[ QUOTE ]
I gave someone a Final Warning for a "die" post in the Zoo.

This was part of their reply:

"Was not aware that this was out of line, as it is standard in some other forums like bbv."

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a direct quote from my note on tone

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all,

PJN had a note on this before, but I want to reiterate: ease up on the tone a bit. One sentence responses to bad posts can be funny, but stuff like "KILL YOURSELF", "Die in a fire", etc. do not make the reds happy and when the reds aren't happy I'm not happy and when I'm not happy then hypnotoad's not happy and then all hell breaks loose.

In sum, you are more than welcome to rag on posters; just don't make it 100% of your posts and try and provide something constructive to BBV besides telling everyone else they suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper 01-28-2007 02:24 PM

Re: Perception of a BBV poster

[ QUOTE ]
In sum, you are more than welcome to rag on posters...

[/ QUOTE ]

Therein, may lie the problem [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mike Haven 01-28-2007 02:24 PM

RJ really does need anger management counselling.

*TT* 01-28-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i also vote for putting RJ down for good, make him ban on sight

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to weigh in on the banning because I have been the subject of RJ's trolling in the past hence my opinion doesn't matter; it wouldn't be fair. I remember RJ being a rather good strat poster back in the day and actually having a rather good sense of humor before he became so aggressive - I miss that side of him. The only thing i ask is that someone pull him aside first before a ban is put into place to try to knock some sense into him. RJ has been around he far too long to drop him like a rock, in a way its our own fault for not doing this sooner to help him see the light.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]