Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   NL Cash Heads up at Pokerstars? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453069)

T3rminator4 07-17-2007 03:14 AM

NL Cash Heads up at Pokerstars?

Everytime I try doing it heads up at PSTARS. People join I tell them to leave. Half the time they dont listen. Usually 20 seconds later more people flood in and more and more. And I never can get a NL CASH game going on PSTARS.

Does full tilt have NL cash heads up? If so what stakes?

Dulce Liquido 07-17-2007 03:34 AM

Re: NL Cash Heads up at Pokerstars?

Yes. .5/1 NL and higher.

tautomer 07-17-2007 07:43 AM

Email Stars and request headsup tables please. I'll probably send another one soon as I'm sick of Full Tilt.

PrimordialAA 07-17-2007 10:23 AM

hah, I e-mailed them, would be nice if the whole forum e-mailed and they actually did something about it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Wu36 07-17-2007 11:35 AM

I've been emailing forever now, but stars has good support so can;t hurt to keep trying.

PrimordialAA 07-17-2007 11:40 AM

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your email.

We rely heavily on feedback and suggestions from players to gauge the
popularity of our current games and to make decisions on what new games to
introduce. I have passed your suggestion to the appropriate department who
are in charge of tournament development.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Libertad
PokerStars Support Team

just got myself, and about 6 others to send em an e-mail, maybe if the whole forum makes an effort they would actually do something, I would love to see it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dmk 07-17-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have passed your suggestion to the appropriate department who
are in charge of tournament development.

[/ QUOTE ]

might want to email back and explain you want cash games and the tournament group prolly can' thelp you w/ that

johnnyrocket 07-17-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Email Stars and request headsup tables please. I'll probably send another one soon as I'm sick of Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have seen posts on this over a hundred times, stars always says they will look in to it and still havent

chrismystero 07-17-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People join I tell them to leave. Half the time they dont listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lol'ed at your strategy.

dboy23 07-18-2007 05:28 AM

the only way to play hu is to get 4 buddies to sit out at a 6max table, and that sucks. i sent em an email awhile back about adding hu cash and got that same blah blah email back.

PrimordialAA 07-18-2007 09:42 AM

weak, but I have nothing better to do at work than e-mail them again today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Deewhizzle 07-18-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weak, but I have nothing better to do at work than e-mail them again today [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here. ive sent 5 emails in the past 3 days. hopefully we can get some BR freindly HU cash. probably not tho

ChicagoRy 07-18-2007 12:26 PM

So all it really takes is 4 other accounts with 4 other IPs and enough money to sit at whatever level you want to buyin to....

I like this.

DeathbySuckout 07-18-2007 03:02 PM

Sent an email today.

[ QUOTE ]

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded your email to the
department in charge for future consideration.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Magda

PokerStars Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

DeathbySuckout 07-18-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So all it really takes is 4 other accounts with 4 other IPs and enough money to sit at whatever level you want to buyin to....

I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we could start a thread where people can post when they are available to sit out on other peoples tables, and vise versa.

PrimordialAA 07-18-2007 03:18 PM

haha, maybe use the IRC channel, would be sweet actually, i'd be willing to sit out at like 4 tables for 4 other people if they would all do the same for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], and being able min sit and sit out allows most of us to sit out for even the highest limit players, w00t! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

DeathbySuckout 07-18-2007 03:23 PM

I just realized though, doesn't PS bump you after 3 rounds of sitting out if the table is full?

PrimordialAA 07-18-2007 03:28 PM

not sure... do they?

UtzChips 07-18-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that will work, as once somebody joins the waiting list, your dummy accounts will be bumped from the game once they miss the blinds 3 times.

PrimordialAA 07-18-2007 03:33 PM

lol, im just going to keep spamming them with e-mails daily then, even if it is pointless, they keep feeding me (OK OK, your message has been forwarded to the "Idea Box" and not the tournament team like you suggested, we'll let you know if we are going to implement one of your ideas)

I mean they had .01 / .02 back in the day for HU, always filled up too lol, no clue why they didnt ever go up in limits...

DeathbySuckout 07-18-2007 03:34 PM

And the funny thing is, they have a check box on their filter for "1 on 1"

PrimordialAA 07-18-2007 03:38 PM

rofl... maybe it's not as far off as we think then ;p

Deewhizzle 07-19-2007 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl... maybe it's not as far off as we think then ;p

[/ QUOTE ]
*sigh*
Here is an Email i got back from them after i sent email#10 to them yesterday..........

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your interest in our heads-up tables.

We realize that many players enjoy the heads-up environment. However, these tables were an ongoing source of several problems, from table squatters to internal technical issues. In addition, these games were originally intended only as a temporary replacement for such games that had been offered in the play money section of the site years ago.

Faced with the decision of whether or not to return these games following our 5 Billionth Hand promotion, we decided not to continue offering these games at this time.

If you wish to continue to play in a heads-up environment, please consider our Shootout tournaments, which offer a heads-up matchplay event similar to NBC's Heads-Up Championship (a single-elimination bracket, win or be eliminated). We also offer single match heads up Sit & Go tournaments for as little as $5 on the Sit and Go tab.

Thank you for your understanding and, as always, for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

StephenT
PokerStars Support Team

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

tautomer 07-19-2007 08:21 AM

Seems like I've seen a response similar to this somewhere. What is a table squatter anyway? Someone like Grimmstar? Thanks dude.

I don't understand how a great site like Stars is incapable/unwilling to run heads up cash tables. Even UB can do it for chrissakes. And is it true that the only stakes they ever tried was 1c/2c? If so, they really can't use player behavior from that limit as an excuse to not offer the games, especially if it was a few years ago during the stupid fish boom.

Deewhizzle 07-19-2007 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like I've seen a response similar to this somewhere. What is a table squatter anyway? Someone like Grimmstar? Thanks dude.

I don't understand how a great site like Stars is incapable/unwilling to run heads up cash tables. Even UB can do it for chrissakes. And is it true that the only stakes they ever tried was 1c/2c? If so, they really can't use player behavior from that limit as an excuse to not offer the games, especially if it was a few years ago during the stupid fish boom.

[/ QUOTE ]
sent them another email. basicly stating that it was pathetic that small low-traffic sites were able to pull this off, but the so-called largest site on the net, was having "many problems". so i will keep emailing them until they,either give in, or close my account.

jsnipes28 07-19-2007 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sent them another email. basicly stating that it was pathetic that small low-traffic sites were able to pull this off, but the so-called largest site on the net, was having "many problems". so i will keep emailing them until they,either give in, or close my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP has unlimited HU tables through 10/20 which basically eliminates the problem of table squatters.

tautomer 07-19-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well don't overdo it and annoy the hell out of them.

Seems like the high stakes players are doing their heads up matches on Stars private tables. Maybe some of them with a bit more clout could chime in and make a push for this.

dboy23 07-19-2007 10:41 AM

why are they fighting this so hard?

johnnyrocket 07-19-2007 10:45 AM

Its simple, Stars wont cater to their players as much as Full Tilt will, this will ultimately keep losing customers and they will suffer a little less profit for being idiots

Deewhizzle 07-19-2007 10:51 AM

FTP has unlimited HU tables through 10/20 which basically eliminates the problem of table squatters.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. but what i am aiming for really is a place for people like me who have a smallish Online BR, like 13 buy @ NL100, to play HU cash, learn& earn, at a level that is reasonable compared to br. i still play 1/2hu@ full tilt, but id rather play with a little less risk of Ruin than playing,with 1/13 or even 1/7 of my bank roll on the table. i even started playin 40bb stacks...eeww. i figure 25nl,or 50NL, would be nice.

dmk 07-19-2007 10:57 AM

e-mail FTP and ask if they can implement 50NL HU then. they've been fairly responsive to requests recently

Jiganti 07-19-2007 12:45 PM

FTP has pretty easy HU cash games from what I've heard, but I imagine Stars HU would be even easier.

jsnipes28 07-19-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP has pretty easy HU cash games from what I've heard, but I imagine Stars HU would be even easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt make any sense

also my response that ftp hu tables are uncapped at .5/1-10/20 was, i thought rather obviously, in response to Stars claim of 'squatting' as a reason that they could not implement HU tables.

muxplust 07-19-2007 01:14 PM

emailed

Jiganti 07-19-2007 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what

ChicagoRy 07-19-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its simple, Stars wont cater to their players as much as Full Tilt will, this will ultimately keep losing customers and they will suffer a little less profit for being idiots

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about this.

jsnipes28 07-19-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what

[/ QUOTE ]

what's so hard to understand? you made a completely unsubstantiated statement and expect it to be taken as truth. why would stars HU games be easier than FTP games, which you apprarently have not played either?

Jiganti 07-19-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what

[/ QUOTE ]

what's so hard to understand? you made a completely unsubstantiated statement and expect it to be taken as truth. why would stars HU games be easier than FTP games, which you apprarently have not played either?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because stars is an easier site. If people can be playing HU cash on Fulltilt with 27% rakeback, and they are still hoping Stars opens HU cash games again, then obviously the games would be substantially easier.

ChicagoRy 07-19-2007 02:31 PM

Probably for two reasons:

A) A lot of people play their main game on Stars so their br is on there.

B) FPPs can actually amount to a lot of rakeback if used properly/VIP levels achieved are high enough. There's threads on this in Internet Gambling I believe.

Also different games are going to be easier on different sites, I don't believe there is a blanket statement that would be correct either way about the overall quality of play on these sites.

jsnipes28 07-19-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because stars is an easier site. If people can be playing HU cash on Fulltilt with 27% rakeback, and they are still hoping Stars opens HU cash games again, then obviously the games would be substantially easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf. how can you say that stars is an 'easier' site? what does that even mean? you are good at backing up unsubstantiated comments with more of the same.

how exactly are you defining easier?
is it avg vpip? i could show you datamined samples over a 3month period where ftp 3/6 and 5/10nl 6max is looser on average than the same games on stars.

please dont come in here talking about that which you nothing.