Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Line check with vulnerable set (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552280)

markuisis 11-22-2007 02:44 PM

Line check with vulnerable set

Villain seems fishy but I dont have stats on him, if u guys play it differently, can u tell me y? Do u guys hate the small bets? I shoulda raised more on flop I now realize.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $99.90
MP: $98.45
CO: $58.70
BTN: $102.55
Hero (SB): $99.70
BB: $100.45

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $1, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50, BB checks

Flop: ($3) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $8

Turn: ($25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13</font>, UTG calls $13

River: ($51) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $74.90 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $95 Pot ($3 Rake)
UTG mucked and WON $92 (+$45 NET)

Suwalski 11-22-2007 02:55 PM

Re: Line check with vulnerable set

Lead flop yourself, bet bet bigger on turn. As played river fold is good.

orange 11-22-2007 02:55 PM

you can consider raising pf.

flop fine.

turn bet harder and call a shove.

given that a larger turn bet will bloat the river a bit more, thus, giving you a nice river shove.

as played, bet larger on the river and call a shove.

manupod 11-22-2007 02:56 PM

I raise pf a lot. I bet the flop a lot. I bet more on the turn as played and I'd bet more on the river and call his raise.

So basically I play it differently at every possible juncture.

Ganon 11-22-2007 03:27 PM

Salut. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Raise preflop most of the time but checking is ok. I'd check 66- and raise 77+ most of the time in this situation.
Lead pot on flop both for value and protection.
Bet bigger on the turn.
River doesn't really change much except that A3o got there and I don't think it's a good enough reason to fold. You're getting 4-1 with a set vs a villain you described as fishy. Overpairs and 44,55 are in his range. I'd call and expect to lose a often - but I think we're good 25%+.

ciro bonano 11-22-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop fine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you explain why? I'd hate it if it get checked trough.

nazahl 11-22-2007 03:39 PM

easy raise preflop

markuisis 11-22-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

flop fine.

given that a larger turn bet will bloat the river a bit more, thus, giving you a nice river shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always raise this pf, not sure y I didnt, and why do I wanna bet/call the turn? what am I ahead of 89?

the machine 11-22-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

there is nothing wrong with limping mid pairs OOP from the blinds from time to time for deception. when you show this hand down people will not be light to raise your limps,

also there isnt always a need to play a big pot where we will be OOP postflop. its ok to play a small pot here from time to time.

i probably default 75/25 raise/call pf

orange 11-22-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

flop fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always raise this pf, not sure y I didnt, and why do I wanna bet/call the turn? what am I ahead of 89?

[/ QUOTE ]

plenty of 2p combos, players are generally horrible, etc.

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 04:00 PM

your folding the 4th freaking nuts here??? VS A FISHY OPPONENTS??? thats blasphemy man. Setphemy in this case. And pls raise preflop, you wanna put pressure on fishy opponents with pocket 8's. Take big pots from their A6 on 632 board.

markuisis 11-22-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your folding the 4th freaking nuts here??? VS A FISHY OPPONENTS??? thats blasphemy man. Setphemy in this case. And pls raise preflop, you wanna put pressure on fishy opponents with pocket 8's. Take big pots from their A6 on 632 board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I put him on the flush

Ganon 11-22-2007 04:06 PM

Too narrow. You don't know him, he limped UTG and seems fishy - his range is wider. A large part of it is the flush but it includes QQ+,44,55.

markuisis 11-22-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Too narrow. You don't know him, he limped UTG and seems fishy - his range is wider. A large part of it is the flush but it includes QQ+,44,55.

[/ QUOTE ]

K, I guess I disagree with most ppl, I dont think he ever has a set or an overpair here, I'm confident in my river fold but curious about the turn and river since my bet size were obv non-standard. My reasoning for them was that he could be scared of the nine with an eight so id just string him along AND he might price me in to draw to a boat (prob wouldnt be priced in I led bigger and he raised) and on the river I just bet hoping to be looked up by an eight or some weird two pair etc. (keeping it small to widen his calling range and allow me to fold without much regret if he shoves)

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 04:13 PM

ok id raise flop more then, bet turn more , and check call the river. I dont like blocking bet here.

ciro bonano 11-22-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok id raise flop more then, bet turn more , and check call the river. I dont like blocking bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]
C/c looks terrible to me; he checks behind his pairs/two pairs and vbets you with the flush.

primate 11-22-2007 04:16 PM

"Dont go broke in an unraised pot". You gotta raise this preflop like 97% of the time.

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
C/c looks terrible to me; he checks behind his pairs/two pairs and vbets you with the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you block this u gotta call shove, thats why i either bet this big on the river or just check it..

markuisis 11-22-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
if you block this u gotta call shove, thats why i either bet this big on the river or just check it..

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this comment, its not like hes a good player whos turning a made hand into a bluff over a blocker bet for his entire stack, there r no missed draws either. I hear it constantly, "u lead weak and get raised = u have to get it in" I def disagree with this against fishes at 100nl. I also hate c/calling the river a lot.

ciro bonano 11-22-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why do we HAVE to call a shove? What is he shoving here that we beat?

(I agree the river bet is too small here and might invite bluff raises)

Shizzle12345 11-22-2007 04:23 PM

well you think he has a flush here more then 75% of the time if he shoves (depends alot on the fish, and you cant say 'generally fish have...')? I like betting big on turn and river, he calls with a ton of other crap too.

THe thing is with checking river, fish generally dont know how to valuebet.. so he bets like 1/3-1/4 pot and you can easily call if your that afraid of his flush.

melioris 11-22-2007 04:54 PM

as played your line is consistent and good.

If you raised preflop and bet flop the pot is so big compared to stacks that once you bet the turn you are committed so the rest of the hand plays itself.

You took a different (and not bad) line preflop, made the correct flop play based on your preflop play, and then played the turn and river consistent with your line. NH and WP.

jc1418 11-22-2007 05:34 PM

yea raise pf but not that big of a deal. I dont ever try to check raise this flop in limped pot with the opponent described, i think you are giving up too much value by not controlling the pot size yourself. That being said I pot this flop, you could even over bet it to like 6, go for 3/4 psb on turn and I fold this turn if raised. I fold because you dont have a read on the man and I give my opponents credit until I have more information. Yea hes fishy but I find alot of fish make turn moves when the hit the nuts and call down with 2 pair or are more likely to raise the river with two pair. If he calls the turn then bet 2/3 psb on the river and call his raise as long as river doesnt get much uglier---another spade or if a 6/7 falls. In the case that one of these cards hits, bet half the pot as there is still 1/2psb value vs fish on 3 flushed or 4 to a straight boards, if there is no value then this also works as a blocker.