Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Laughs or Links! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Bloons TD 2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527362)

ImsaKidd 10-20-2007 07:12 PM

Bloons TD 2

http://www.addictinggames.com/bloonstowerdefense2.html

I got to level 31 on easy first try. Looks like a good change from 1st version.

Grey 10-20-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Bloons TD 2

Beat it on hard first try with eyes closed.

soah 10-20-2007 08:37 PM

tried easy first cuz I thought it would be harder than the first one... so far, no

SonOfWestwood 10-22-2007 11:15 AM

How about some hints from those of you who seem to be breezing through this? I passed Easy, but it took several tries...

GTL 10-22-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about some hints from those of you who seem to be breezing through this? I passed Easy, but it took several tries...

[/ QUOTE ]

i just buy the regular dart monkeys and only get the 2 balloons per dart upgrade. don't upgrade the range. stick with just those and pile them up in one area. before level 20 you have to buy one bomb cannon. don't upgrade it. just stick with that untill you can buy the super monkeys. i use glue in the later levels to slow down the balloons.

ImsaKidd 10-22-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tack towers kick ass.

ImsaKidd 10-22-2007 11:00 PM

Got to 41 on medium.

The_Bankroll 10-22-2007 11:25 PM

just got to level 50 and lost, on megatilt

soah 10-23-2007 12:26 AM

I've beaten Hard several times in a row. Load up the left and right with Darts and Cannons where they can hit both paths, and a bunch of Darts in the lower middle (I upgrade range on these, but not the others... and do the other upgrade on all of them). I also put one Cannon and a couple Darts in the upper right area where they can hit the bloons at the very start of the path... in order to get started on the black and lead bloons. A few levels require a bit of Monkey Glue.

ImsaKidd 10-23-2007 12:33 AM

soah, no tacks?

soah 10-23-2007 01:01 AM

none

kordoISback 10-23-2007 02:18 AM

[censored], i cant beat this on hard

kordoISback 10-23-2007 03:27 AM

just beat it got rewarded with a gold medal

Grisgra 10-24-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've beaten Hard several times in a row. Load up the left and right with Darts and Cannons where they can hit both paths, and a bunch of Darts in the lower middle (I upgrade range on these, but not the others... and do the other upgrade on all of them). I also put one Cannon and a couple Darts in the upper right area where they can hit the bloons at the very start of the path... in order to get started on the black and lead bloons. A few levels require a bit of Monkey Glue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat Hard on my 3rd try using the same strategy that led me to beat Medium on my 2nd try . . . cannons cannons cannons. Early on money's short so you end up losing a few guys, and a reasonable number of levels need some tacks/monkey glue, but by the end it's so so easy.

Not sure, but I think I only bought one dart-throwin' monkey, and sold him when I could upgrade to a boomerang-thrower.

The goal is to get 4-5 cannons in the middle, with 2-3 freeze towers slowing them down kinda early on. Spike 8-way tower in the upper right (and then another one around level 30), boomerang-monkey and then a couple more spike towers in the upper left.

Gist is that the spike towers do a lot of popping early, allowing the freeze towers to do their thing, allowing the cannons to do THEIR thing.

I think my final screen had 7 cannons, 4 spike towers, 3 freeze towers, 3-4 boomerang monkeys. Early build goal is 2-4 cannons, 2 freeze towers, 1 spike tower (upper right), one boomerang monkey (covering upper left).

Yikes 11-06-2007 07:27 PM

The super monkey with epic range and laser eyes works great with a lot of freeze towers.

I hate the spike towers, I love the boomerang monkeys since they can pop frozen balloons with the upgrade.

Wires 11-06-2007 11:25 PM

I can beat the hard level every time now with a mix of about 65% tack towers and 35% canons. I upgrade the tack towers so they shoot faster but don't bother with the canons - at 480 points for an upgrade you're better off waiting for an extra 100 and purchasing a new canon. The upgrade on the tack towers is essential though.

Keyser. 11-08-2007 10:09 PM

This game rules. Beat easy last night with all tack shooters (only upgraded a few. I found more tack shooters was better than fewer faster ones. Like it's key to have some at the beginning to start breaking down the black ones that turn to yellow and stuff, and then have a ton on the curves on the right), 2 cannons, and 1 hypersonic monkey. Used quite a few road spikes and quite a bit of glue. Playing medium now. also I just realized how much of a dork I am and I got a little sad.

killsadie 11-09-2007 02:42 AM

youll get used to it

Yikes 11-09-2007 05:54 AM

For those of you that have beat it on hard, how do you start off? What are the first three things you buy and where do you put them?

Grisgra 11-09-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you that have beat it on hard, how do you start off? What are the first three things you buy and where do you put them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I went cannon-dartmonkey-cannon, but it might have been cannon-cannon, I don't recall. Both were near the intersection in the middle (I think it's actually middle-left.)

Sounds like there's lots of ways to beat it.

Keyser. 11-13-2007 04:25 AM

just beat medium easily with this setup. All towers upgraded in both ways. Seems important for this level.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4299/capture1uu2.jpg

Still having trouble with hard though.

Yikes 11-13-2007 06:54 AM

There are quite a few youtube videos of people playing, if anyone needs help

Wires 11-13-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3 tack towers up the gap on the left hand side. Starting at the bottom of the gap between the two north/south roads I stack them on top of each other. I upgrade at three of these towers with the "faster shooting" option. I then add a canon directly on top of the 3 tack towers.

From there you just keep purchasing tack towers and canons, placing them where necessary. Make sure you add some tack towers at the very top where the balloons first come in so you can pop the black ones early so the canons can do their work as soon as possible.

Always upgrade your tack towers, never upgrade your canons.