Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official 2007 Colorado Rockies Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472701)

Nez477 08-08-2007 06:12 PM

***Official 2007 Colorado Rockies Thread***

Hell, why not, there has to be at least a couple other die hard fans on 2+2 out there.... this season has been hella fun and we are beating the tar out of the division leading Brewers today.

There is a lot to be excited about in Denver, as we have a VERY solid lineup with young stars such as Tulowitzki and Atkins who will still continue to get better, Brad Hawpe and Matt Holliday still not quite in their prime, two fantastic speedsters in Taveras and Matsui to lead off, and still a top 10 first baseman in Helton (although he is on the decline).

There isn't really a liability in the rotation right now as Francis/Cook have been really on, and Fogg/Hirsh/Jimenez have been serviceable. Our staff is on pace to set a franchise record in team ERA, and many of them are young and still have many years ahead of them.

We just swept the Brewers, have a huge home stand against the Cubbies this weekend, and if we could win 3-4 of those games we'd be looking good going into the rest of August/September where we play pretty much only in-division games. Our only out of division games the rest of the year are home against Florida, Washington, Pittsburgh and a 4-game trip to Philly.

So the Rockies really hold their destiny in their own hands at this point in time with so many games against the Dodgers, Padres and D-Bags, and it's going to be exciting down the stretch, something that I am definitely not used to as a Rockies fan.

So, here's to your 2007 NL West Champion Rockies... <font color="white"> or at least contenders </font>

Zach Belden 08-08-2007 06:32 PM

Re: ***Official 2007 Colorado Rockies Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
4-game trip to Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

woo thats gonna be fun. your lineup is good, but ours is better

Nez477 08-08-2007 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4-game trip to Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

woo thats gonna be fun. your lineup is good, but ours is better

[/ QUOTE ]

We shall see my friend... we didn't have too much trouble winning our series earlier this year

New001 08-08-2007 11:40 PM

Good luck with the division or WC. I'm not a real fan, but I love this version of the team. It's fun to watch.

4 High 08-08-2007 11:52 PM

Atkins is a natural born killer.

The Farside 08-09-2007 12:01 AM

I &lt;3 the Rockies. Once I got drunk at a game and tackled Dinger. Good times.

TruFloridaGator 08-09-2007 01:04 AM

I'm on the bandwagon after tonight's Braves' game. Go [censored] Rocks, I hope we beat the Braves by a game to win the WC if we don't win the division of course. GO ROCKIES!

kyleb 08-09-2007 01:06 AM

I have simply had enough of the Rockies killing my bets against them. Stop it.

Nez477 08-09-2007 08:24 AM

Huge 4-game series against the Cubbies for both teams... we did our job and swept the Brewers but the Cubbies couldn't take advantage as they got swept

Ryan Spilborghs is a freaking stud... 41 RBIs in 143 ABs

The back end of our rotation is going to be hurting without Lopez or Hirsh though. I'm not a huge Taylor Buckholtz fan.

The Farside 08-09-2007 09:08 AM

We already have Ubaldo Jimenez in there who shouldn't be a major league starter.... I have no idea who's going to take Hirsh's spot.... better not be Buckholz but then again no one else in the minors is ready. Ugh. When does Lopez get back?

New001 08-09-2007 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have simply had enough of the Rockies killing my bets against them. Stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude. The secret is to bet on the Rockies. (+102 looks awesome tonight)

Nez477 08-09-2007 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We already have Ubaldo Jimenez in there who shouldn't be a major league starter.... I have no idea who's going to take Hirsh's spot.... better not be Buckholz but then again no one else in the minors is ready. Ugh. When does Lopez get back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lopez could very well be done for the season.

Agreed that Jimenez isn't the ideal 5th starter and should've gotten more time in the minors, but at least he has some pretty good stuff (however raw he is).

Who knows? Maybe we claim another starter? Would Wells even consider coming here?

I bet Jimenez has a pretty decent start tonight after his unlucky start against Atlanta.

I really hope Francis/Cook/Fogg keep pitching well because there is no doubt our 4/5 spots are suspect at best right now.

The Farside 08-09-2007 09:42 AM

Not with Jimenez pitching it doesn't. Kid might give up 6 runs in the first two innings.

Nez477 08-09-2007 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not with Jimenez pitching it doesn't. Kid might give up 6 runs in the first two innings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hate on him? He has four starts, and the first three he went 5/2, 7/3, 6/2... and against Atlanta he still struck out 7.

I mean, I have no confidence in him taking the ball for a playoff game or something but he's competent anyway.

Cortz 08-09-2007 09:52 AM

actually the rockies lineup is about 52 times better then the philles lineup

The Farside 08-09-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hate on him? He has four starts, and the first three he went 5/2, 7/3, 6/2... and against Atlanta he still struck out 7.

I mean, I have no confidence in him taking the ball for a playoff game or something but he's competent anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate on him, I just know that he's very young and raw right now. I think in 2-3 years he could be a very good starter, but right now he is inconsistent.

Nez477 08-09-2007 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, maybe as of late, but over the whole season, the Phils have a .461 slugging % to the Rockies .428 and have scored 45 more runs than the rockies, so the Phils probably have the better lineup overall.

Random thought:

An NL playoff year with the Brewers, Rockies, Phillies, and D-Backs would be pretty sweet.... 4 teams that you don't see in the playoffs often.

If I had to make a prediction though I think it will be the Braves, Mets, Cubs and Padres though.

TruFloridaGator 08-09-2007 10:08 AM

[censored] the Braves, go Rocks!

The Farside 08-09-2007 12:10 PM

Phils lineup is better offensively, without a doubt. The Rox are much, much better defensively though and that more than makes up for the slight offensive difference.

Nez477 08-09-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Phils lineup is better offensively, without a doubt. The Rox are much, much better defensively though and that more than makes up for the slight offensive difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the defense this year

Zach Belden 08-09-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha come on dude. phils have almost 50 more runs than anyone else in the national league.

defense? yea rockies D is better but phils' have pretty good D too. once victorino gets back our outfield as a whole will be feared again.

Nez477 08-09-2007 12:48 PM

Meh, 16 more errors for the Phillies and the Rockies have turned 25 more DPs, so I'd say the difference is there

I don't know why we are comparing the Phils to the Rockies though....

The Farside 08-10-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was actually 7 in the first 2 1/3, but close enough.

Nez477 08-10-2007 09:59 AM

Ya, we got shellacked last night

We'll rebound (hopefully) though

uclabruinz 08-10-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, we got shellacked last night

We'll rebound (hopefully) though

[/ QUOTE ]

Good morning, Brad. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nez477 08-10-2007 10:34 AM

http://adweek.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/cubs.jpg

Good morning Paul

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Nez477 08-10-2007 11:13 AM

I really am curious about who is going to be starting for us on Sunday... which isn't a great place to be in at this point in the season.

All AAA SP have been horrific this year for the most part... De Paula? I don't know.

uclabruinz 08-10-2007 11:18 AM

Yeah, we have had a bad century, but how awesome is it that a team that hasn't won the World Series in 99 years shows up at Coors Field with that fan support last night? Pretty awesome when the place explodes on a Cub hit, and you hear chants of "Let's Go Cubs" very clearly on television.

Nez477 08-10-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, we have had a bad century, but how awesome is it that a team that hasn't won the World Series in 99 years shows up at Coors Field with that fan support last night? Pretty awesome when the place explodes on a Cub hit, and you hear chants of "Let's Go Cubs" very clearly on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

As discussed...

It's the Cubs... there have been sad Cubs fans in Colorado for 99 years! We've only had sad Rockies fans for 15.

dlk9s 08-11-2007 12:21 AM

Forwarded message from the Milwaukee Brewers:

The Milwaukee Brewers would officially like to thank the Colorado Rockies for shooting their load all over us this week, only to not be able to get it up against the Chicago Cubs.

Nez477 08-12-2007 06:29 PM

Troy [censored] Tulowitzki baby

Also, thank god hurdle pulled Harrikala when he did... still haven't lost a home series in forever

BRING ON THE PADRES

BobOjedaFan 08-14-2007 12:29 PM

LOL ROCKYMENTS

Nez477 08-14-2007 12:36 PM

I can't wait for tonight's game... Francis&gt;&gt;&gt;Maddux

Just need to get the bats going, and then we are one game back baby

TruFloridaGator 08-15-2007 09:06 PM

Come on Rocks, win tonight plz.

Nez477 08-16-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Done

I hope SF sucks against us in September as much as they have everyone else lately

Chrisman886 08-16-2007 02:07 PM

I must say, as a Padres fan, I was very impressed by your young fireballer last night. I hope you can keep Jimenez around. Looks like he just needs to keep his emotions in check and he'll be more consistent. But last night's start definitely merits more appearances.

Nez477 08-16-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must say, as a Padres fan, I was very impressed by your young fireballer last night. I hope you can keep Jimenez around. Looks like he just needs to keep his emotions in check and he'll be more consistent. But last night's start definitely merits more appearances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, talk to Cubs fans about how great he is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriously, he has lights out stuff... he had one AB where he had an 100 MPH Fastball followed by an 82 MPH sinking offspeed pitch that made me salivate a little

MrFeelNothin 08-16-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't root for the Rockies too hard, they're going to pass your Braves soon.

TruFloridaGator 08-16-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys shouldn't of lost 2 out of 3 to us

Nez477 08-16-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys shouldn't of lost 2 out of 3 to us

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO

We should've won the game against James, but oh well

I predict that the Rockies will be the wild card leaders at least at one point in August

That's my bold prediciton