Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   JJ vs. "new" reg 5/10 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499213)

king_of_drafts 09-12-2007 02:35 AM

JJ vs. \"new\" reg 5/10

Villain is GrampaJeff. I haven't seen him before but he is multitabling and we are threebetting/fourbetting eachother a lot, really going at it. He has been in line when we have gone to showdown, though, so I really think it's a reg with a new screen name...

I am pretty sure he'd 4bet AK and AQ, maybe even AJ preflop. Do you play any streets different? If you fold river, how much are you willing to call, if any? If you call river, what is the maximum you would call?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $1,241.00
Hero (BB): $1,171.00
UTG: $1,304.00
BTN: $1,043.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $30.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $110.00</font>, UTG calls $80.00

Flop: ($225) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($225) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $110.00</font>, Hero calls $110.00

River: ($445) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $440.00</font>, Hero...

Ship Ship McGipp 09-12-2007 02:39 AM

Re: JJ vs. \"new\" reg 5/10

this is like the most basic hand faceup post in history

no offense or anything, just saying that anyone who says anything in here won't have anything insighyful, you can read the board, you know he's utg, you know the history

i'd fold without any, since he can value bet two kings or two queens fairly easily, but reading his bet size is so futile from this board, i can't imagine there being a post in this thread that enlightens you

obv call if tilted

king_of_drafts 09-12-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

no offense or anything, just saying that anyone who says anything in here won't have anything insighyful

[/ QUOTE ]

MDMA won't respond to my IMs any more so I have to communicate with him like this

Ship Ship McGipp 09-12-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

no offense or anything, just saying that anyone who says anything in here won't have anything insighyful

[/ QUOTE ]

MDMA won't respond to my IMs any more so I have to communicate with him like this

[/ QUOTE ]

ohok that makes sense

jlocdog 09-12-2007 02:58 AM

'I am pretty sure he'd 4bet AK and AQ, maybe even AJ preflop. Do you play any streets different?'

If this is the case, why check the flop? I am b/3b the flop if I am sure that a strong ace would have played back preflop.

As played, I fold cause I don't buy into that read even though I wasn't there. If their is ever a 'shady' area within ones reads, I feel it is with their opponents frequencies on calling/betting/raising big A's. Way too easy to mix up.

jfish 09-12-2007 03:08 AM

think this is a very, very easy call.

AAismyfriend 09-12-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
think this is a very, very easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given reads, I agree, although he could be valuetowning any random crappy ace here since he knows it's good, but yea it's a call.

MyPTBB100isPOOP 09-12-2007 03:10 AM

" If this is the case, why check the flop? I am b/3b the flop if I am sure that a strong ace would have played back preflop. "

what value is there in b 3b vs someone you think is bluffing?

jlocdog 09-12-2007 03:14 AM

Who said we are b/3b someone who is bluffing?

MyPTBB100isPOOP 09-12-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who said we are b/3b someone who is bluffing?

[/ QUOTE ]
i may have misunderstood. But to me it sounds like you are saying, if he didnt 4b pf he prob cant have a good ace. So if he cant have a good A then what hands is he raising that arent bluffs, and why are we bet 3bing him in that spot w JJ?

jlocdog 09-12-2007 03:32 AM

If his read is that he probably doesn't have AJ+ then who is to say that he doesn't have AT-? And if thats the case, is he really willing to felt a weak Ace?

And if he has spades, we are repping an A so does he really wnat to get it all in on the flop with what appears to be 9 outs?

Read the rest of my post though. I am not a firm believer in OP's read in the first place.

JEFF or DAD 09-12-2007 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, why check the flop? I am b/3b the flop if I am sure that a strong ace would have played back preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If his read is that he probably doesn't have AJ+ then who is to say that he doesn't have AT-? And if thats the case, is he really willing to felt a weak Ace?

And if he has spades, we are repping an A so does he really wnat to get it all in on the flop with what appears to be 9 outs?

Read the rest of my post though. I am not a firm believer in OP's read in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, if you bet and he raises the flop w/an A or spades he is not folding to a 3bet lol

think before you post

MyPTBB100isPOOP 09-12-2007 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i noted that you didnt really agree with him, but i think that like the nice man above me said, if he had a reason to call a 3b as lite as AT pf then i assume that he IS felting it, and the same goes with spades. This IMO would make b/3b bad in the situations you described.

winningfish 09-12-2007 03:45 AM

You don't know what he has(range not just Ax but also 88 etc) because you checked the whole way, but he knows that you don't have Ace/8/3 due to your checking... wrong spot to call. Even if he's bluffing it's not worth $440 to find out.

jlocdog 09-12-2007 03:46 AM

I don't mind if he is never folding spades. Nor do I think it set in stone that any ace decides to stack if he raises here. He could very well turn hi hand into a bluff. Also, as said, read the rest of my post. Not a believer in the read in general and would just fold.

Oh, and STFU. I fu*king hate posters like you who take such a high road with your condescending attitude. 2+2 and their f*cking clicks. MSNL has gone to crap.

JEFF or DAD 09-12-2007 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind if he is never folding spades. Nor do I think it set in stone that any ace decides to stack if he raises here. He could very well turn hi hand into a bluff. Also, as said, read the rest of my post. Not a believer in the read in general and would just fold.

Oh, and STFU. I fu*king hate posters like you who take such a high road with your condescending attitude. 2+2 and their f*cking clicks. MSNL has gone to crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hate posters that turn all defensive/sensitive when i tell them their reasoning sucks

it is awful to expect him to fold an Ace/spades if you bet-3bet allin this flop. im not saying the line is super awful, but if youre doing it because you expect him to raise/fold an Ace/spades, that is completely ridiculous

ps grow some skin, this isnt a nice forum

jlocdog 09-12-2007 04:10 AM

My last post in this thread....

My skin is plenty thick. Me telling you to STFU is on par with you telling me to think before I post. Don't condescend or patronize me and I won't tell you to [censored] off. You are a little punk who is on his 25th account.

I feel I contribute plenty to these forums. I have gained much and hope to continue to grow as a poker player. Having little peckers like you acting cool and throwing your oversized ego around does little to nothing for the community as a whole.

Betting the flop was not intended to try and fold an ace only. Just because we may be ahead (given the assumption that he doesn't have AJ+) does not mean our hand is not vulnerable. Nor does it mean that a bet may not extract value from weaker hands (TT-). I didn't go into all the reasons why I may like a b/3b. Also, unlike many, when I post I am not steadfast on my opinion. I am very adept to changing my view if someone brings up good points to rebut mine. This has nothing to do with 'thinking before I post' but rather acknowledging that I don't have all the answers.

Please STFU if you have nothing to offer but d*ckhead responses. Hmmm.....you're right this forum isn't nice.

AAismyfriend 09-12-2007 04:20 AM

FWIW, villain is definitely not raising this flop with an A if he is intending on folding to a push, because given the immediate history between him and KOD, it would be bad. I don't really like B/3bing here much. OP I like your line if you called the river.

ddubois 09-12-2007 05:08 AM

Sometimes I feel like I'm not even playing the same game as the rest of the forum. I don't understand why people want to call this river. You don't beat an ace, an eight, a three, kings, queens, or spades. Is there anything you beat?

FlyingStart 09-12-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I feel like I'm not even playing the same game as the rest of the forum. I don't understand why people want to call this river. You don't beat an ace, an eight, a three, kings, queens, or spades. Is there anything you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

a bluff =O

creative 09-12-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree, i dont see how people are saying this is a v easy call lmao

luegofuego 09-12-2007 10:18 AM

kod,

snapcall

king_of_drafts 09-12-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kod,

snapcall

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I did

Redgrape 09-12-2007 01:30 PM

Do you think opp calls a ton of the hands he opens pre to the threebet?

Redgrape 09-12-2007 02:46 PM

I think the biggest issue of the hand is this.
1. opp raised UTG
2. opp called a threebet

Bullitos 09-12-2007 02:56 PM

Betting the flop makes this much easier to play, therefore I would bet the flop most of the time here.

As played you could call.. folding isn't too bad either. Was he agressive in RR pots? I tend to fold hands like these until proven otherwise. If you are sure he's capable of bluffing or valuebetting QQ/KK in these spots you should really call, since you set it up like this. If you don't have enough reads yet I would go for the safe option and fold.

HustlerLA 09-12-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont mean this in a bad way, but I agree with your statement, You are playing a different game that this forum. so much of the time nobody agrees with your comments, but I ussually find them to be a valid train of thought. No exception here.

BalugaWhale 09-12-2007 03:01 PM

kod,

this line is obv fine and you know it.

the real question is whether or not c/mr the turn to induce is better

Bullitos 09-12-2007 03:03 PM

c/mr the turn?? That seems really far fetched... explain?

bigt439 09-12-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kod,

this line is obv fine and you know it.

the real question is whether or not c/mr the turn to induce is better

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus. so youre stacked everytime he checks an ace on the flop? i think thats pretty brutal.

aejones nailed it. with given info i really think the rivers a fold. he doesn't expect you to fold what you obviously have imo.

TheWorstPlayer 09-12-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree, i dont see how people are saying this is a v easy call lmao

[/ QUOTE ]
22,44,55,66,77,99,TT,KQ,etc. snapcall.

Yeti 09-12-2007 03:48 PM

bigt i love your avatar. who is in it though ? lc in middle, lo on right? is that kristin on the left? mmm

i'd fold here btw

creative 09-12-2007 04:03 PM

TWP, i think some of those hands you said are in his range check behind bc they have a good amount of showdown value..

ipokeder 09-12-2007 04:26 PM

i think against someone capable of mixing it up you're going to actually see an ace here very often. i'd fold.

jfish 09-12-2007 04:27 PM

i dont think Ax pots the river. its either aces full or quads imo.

ipokeder 09-12-2007 04:32 PM

lol? Ax checks the flop and bets small on the turn so that it can pot the river.

that makes no [censored] sense

Jamougha 09-12-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol? Ax checks the flop and bets small on the turn so that it can pot the river.

that makes no [censored] sense

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'd do about 30-40% of the time.

jfish 09-12-2007 04:34 PM

youre 30-40% trickier than the average player.

ipokeder 09-12-2007 04:35 PM

you're 30-40% predictable, what a tool

bigt439 09-12-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bigt i love your avatar. who is in it though ? lc in middle, lo on right? is that kristin on the left? mmm

i'd fold here btw

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually am not sure who the third girl is. you cant really make it out from the picture and i have no idea where i found it to begin with. one thing's for sure, i wish i took her place in the photo.