Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   OH O (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536229)

Jay. 11-01-2007 03:49 PM

OH O

10/20 Cake. Villian in the hand is 10/20+ exclusive player and plays a lot of heads up. Seems very good. We haven't played much before.

$550 stack opens from the CO for $70 he calls BTN. I make it $320 (2k stack) from sb w/ JhJ, shortie folds, he calls.

Flop: AK2hh, check-check

Turn: Qh, check-he bets 440, i call after a while.

River: Jo. I check he bets, $1.2k all in into $1590. i?

n2p 11-01-2007 03:58 PM

Re: OH O

how big do you think his range is preflop? Can he have ATs, 55?

n2p 11-01-2007 03:58 PM

also, it could matter which two are h on flop

Jay. 11-01-2007 04:39 PM

Ah Ko 2h

n2p 11-01-2007 06:24 PM

this is really a tough spot. it feels kinda like a call to me because I feel like his range mostly pairs. I dont think he would bet TT on turn, and a flush seems unlikely as well. So I feel like he is bluffing with a small pair a lot. BUt then I would think that he would have a pretty tight range preflop. If he had been splashing around a lot I would probably fold.

lapoker17 11-01-2007 10:09 PM

i don't know how this only has a few responses while there are tons of simple hands posted that people go nuts over.

this is an interesting hand. what is villain's sn?

Jamougha 11-01-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know how this only has a few responses while there are tons of simple hands posted that people go nuts over

[/ QUOTE ]

Because no-one has a [censored] clue what to do here.

lapoker17 11-01-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because no-one has a [censored] clue what to do here.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ok that's a good reason.

WelshChip 11-01-2007 10:35 PM

doesn't matter what you do...

he knows you don't have a flush, he knows you know he could have a flush....

he plays a lot of HU and this can affect his bluffing frequency, if he wins I would be more inclined to call than fold but if he wins a lot then I would be more inclined to fold.

jlocdog 11-01-2007 11:11 PM

May I ask what you were thinking when you c/c turn? Seriously interested...

Triumph36 11-01-2007 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like he has a draw to the nuts or a very good hand, and the most difficult card just hit the river

and i have no [censored] clue what to do

HERE_2_gamble_ 11-01-2007 11:29 PM

i call, but im a station.

FoxwoodsFiend 11-01-2007 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he wins I would be more inclined to call than fold but if he wins a lot then I would be more inclined to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this is the opposite of true.

also, Jay: I would fold. I think you don't get shown double barrels on this board anywhere near as often as you get shown flushes.

Paul B. 11-01-2007 11:51 PM

I think it's close but leaning toward a fold.

It's very unlikely that he has a flush, unless it's a strangely played KJhh. Same applies to you. And as you're not likely to have a T in your hand, this is a great spot for him to bluff. However, since he knows you can't have a T, and if he thinks that you think the same about him, it's possible and fairly likely that he is value shoving a higher set expecting to get called lightly by lower sets and 2-pair combinations.

Jay. 11-01-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

'[censored] [censored] couldn't make it [censored] easy eh?'

jlocdog 11-01-2007 11:59 PM

Its just that you have a 1 card draw and 4th pair. Not sure how often you expect to get paid off if you do hit. Your trip card fills 4 to a straight. Your flush isn't to the nuts. And you are OOP against a thinking player who showed plenty of strength by calling your squeeze PF.

So I guess my question should be phrased more to, why are you c/c on the turn instead of b/f or c/f?

The Velour Fog 11-02-2007 01:41 AM

close your eyes and click everywhere and see what happens

jfish 11-02-2007 01:45 AM

fold, but it sucks cos if you were like 8k deeper you could bluff shove [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

jfish 11-02-2007 01:46 AM

btw i think it is a fold and not close.

jfish 11-02-2007 01:46 AM

oh, i also fold turn if you dont have nfd.

rand 11-02-2007 03:16 AM

yes to jfish
except the bluff shove (good joke??)

ArturiusX 11-02-2007 03:39 AM

Is this really that interesting? What worse hands is he valuebetting here? AK putting you on AQ??

Trix 11-02-2007 04:35 AM

I think I call, you have repped pretty weak and the river is a good card for him to 2. barrel.

AAismyfriend 11-02-2007 05:17 AM

Any idea what his range is for calling a open from a guy with 25 BBs is? I wouldn't even be that surprised if he showed up with QQ-AA here. As played, I don't really know what to do......I vote for close your eyes, click everywhere and see what happens.

Melchiades 11-02-2007 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this really that interesting? What worse hands is he valuebetting here? AK putting you on AQ??

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think what worse hands he is valuebetting is all that relevant.

jcl 11-02-2007 09:27 AM

villain calls raise from shorty then calls squeeze. He knows ur not bluffing because ur squeezing a shorty so he must have a good idea of where u r. I think he raises AK either initially or once u 3bet so AK is not in his range. 88+ are still well within his range.

The question then is does he turn AA KK QQ into a bluff here on the river seeing as hes only getting called by a T/flush? Maybe but I don’t think so.

I cant see how he has a flush as the Ah Qh and Jh are accounted for leaving only very weak connectors. KTh and smaller connectors. I don’t think he calls with either of these Preflop due to wat I said before 1) he knows u have a good hand 2) ur not deep and it’s a 3bet pot. IMO this leaves TT and air. I think TTh would be inclined to check behind the turn to take a look at its valuable draw…a gutshot and a decent heart flush. Therefore that leaves TT no hearts or air. The trouble is what air could he possibly have given his range is quite tight. The only possibilities are that he may have turned 88h/99h into a bluff on this river. After stabbing the turn with a flush draw as backup.

So at this point I say he has 88h/99h or TT no hearts. These are both reasonable as he may have wanted to see the flop in position and shove a decent flop v the shorty rather than commit to a race Preflop. I don’t know the maths of those 88-TT combos I’ve given nor how less likely he’d be to call with 88 as opposed to TT but I think intuitively this is a call.

2 considerations: if he shoves instantly on river I’d say he has 88/99 and is like omg nice river to bluff. Whereas if he has TT he’d wait a while and think whether its worth value betting the straight when he just got called on a flushed board on the turn.

ArturiusX 11-02-2007 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you, he's not bluffing.

n2p 11-02-2007 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I feel like he is bluffing with 55-99 here quite a bit, not sure if its often enough to call tho

ArturiusX 11-02-2007 10:19 AM

If he is, he has balls and deserves the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jcl 11-02-2007 10:24 AM

results? i'm gonna go with 99h.

Yeti 11-02-2007 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

congratulations, you solved the thread!

Jay. 11-02-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea what his range is for calling a open from a guy with 25 BBs is? I wouldn't even be that surprised if he showed up with QQ-AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

In hindsight, AA and QQ make the most sense. ATs and TT didn't. Low flushes didn't, he didn't really have that euro-cocky call a lot of junk in position against squeeze plays vibe about him. Then 99 88 77 66 i'm not so sure, maybe to likely.

So if 99 - 66 are possible that brings it down to if he would bluff 13% of the time (24 combos * 0.127 = 3 vs 6 combos of sets, enough to call).

From his point of view i think it's clear i have JJ AJ KoJh possibily 99h. I'm not really sure if he's expecting a call or not so i guess he may not bluff here, but then again i'm not confident in that either, i feel i would bluff both streets w/ those hands if it was me. So yea, i'm still not sure on the play.

Results were he had QQ. I guess if i was good i would have bluffed the river.

Paul B. 11-02-2007 11:06 AM

ty for making me look like a genius. Tough hand though

Jay. 11-02-2007 11:15 AM

yea, v good post.

PartyGirlUK 11-02-2007 11:18 AM

who was villain

n2p 11-02-2007 11:24 AM

really interesting hand