Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Unsuited Connectors (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536423)

Frond 11-01-2007 07:57 PM

Unsuited Connectors

Kind of a check up for us all I guess. Just wondering about unsuited connectors, specifically 9To and TJo in the CO and on the button. Just these two hands.

Here is the scenario: You are in a live 4/8 game with lots of limpers and not much PF raising going on. The players to your left never raise Pre Flop. You are in the CO or the Button with either of these 2 hands and almost everyone limps in. Who plays em and who dumps em? Do some of you play these 2 hands in the CO or the Button, just the button or not at all? Remember every hand where you have one of these two holdings is in LP & it is going to be limped to you with 7-9 seeing the flop with no PF raises at all.

Just curious to see where everyone stands on these 2 hands.

TheCount212 11-01-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Unsuited Connectors

If it's a limpfest and the table is allowing me to limp JTo and T9o in LP then I'm limping them all day long.

KitCloudkicker 11-01-2007 08:03 PM

both easy limps

edit: assuming you play alright postflop. i have confidence in you, frond, so i think you can play both of these.

One Outer 11-01-2007 08:03 PM

I'll limp the JT all day from either but with the T9 I'll only do it on the button.

peetar69 11-01-2007 09:35 PM

about 1/2 the time if I'm not way up front,and only if they are almost suited (ie. spade and a club).
As far as position, in real passive games, position doesn't seem to have the degree of importance as it does in online games.So I'm limping 1/2 the time if I'm in the back 1/2 of the field just as long as there isnt a guy who plays well and has the ability to raise withe a decent range behind me.

DeuceKicker 11-01-2007 09:47 PM

In the conditions you describe, I'd limp those, and with quite a few more SCs, to boot. Under more realistic conditions (Btn or blinds occasionally raise, and not quite as many limpers every hand), I usually dump T9 and limp JT on the button, maybe in CO under specific circumstances.

PokerJans 11-02-2007 12:04 AM

Call every time - but I play a lot of hands

After everyone limps I would much rather have a hand like T9o rather than KTo or something. Hands like T9o get you in waaaay less trouble than KTo, KJo, QJ, etc...explain later...

fishyak 11-02-2007 12:04 AM

JTo - no problem. Play it again, Sam. I play T9o inconsistently from the Button only.

mikeca 11-02-2007 02:45 AM

Under the circumstances you describe, I would limp both these hands. In the real world I can never remember limping T9o from the button or CO. I will usually limp JT from the button or CO.

Harv72b 11-02-2007 04:12 AM

Under the circumstances you describe, I'd limp just about everything that wasn't worth raising. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

celiholic 11-02-2007 09:09 AM

auto limp, i'll play anything suited in the table you describe, even k2s utg. especially otb, like basiclly almost everything like 24-34 off. however, it depends how good the ppl play post-flop, the better they are, the tighter i am going to play. so it depends how good you are compare to other people, the skill gap is greater, the more hands you can play

Hamlet 11-02-2007 11:31 AM

These are bad hands in very loose games, but you have good odds and good position. As long as the game is very passive, I will play them.

I don't think you're giving up anything by dumping them though. I think I'd rather play 52s than T9o in a very loose game.

TheCount212 11-02-2007 11:36 AM

I honestly can't tell you how much money I've won limping 97o... it's like a flop-hitting magnet for me.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Under the circumstances you describe, I would limp both these hands. In the real world I can never remember limping T9o from the button or CO. I will usually limp JT from the button or CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is me.

gobbledygeek 11-02-2007 11:53 AM

In a limpfest with little chance of a raise occuring behind me, I'd play both of these hands in Button and CO. I believe SSHE recommends this in the loose game chart.

KitCloudkicker 11-02-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly can't tell you how much money I've won limping 97o... it's like a flop-hitting magnet for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesnt constitute a good reason for playing this hand.

TheCount212 11-02-2007 12:07 PM

Are we mastering the obvious today? I guess you didn't catch the half-serious nature of my post.

But.. At a table full of limpers... it's all the reason I need. Okay, 97o is -0.11EV PF, but since I'm going to play better after the flop than anyone else at the table I come out just fine. It's the worst nonsuited connector I'll play if not in the blinds. And, like I said, it's uncanny how many times I have raked huge pots with it.

fishyak 11-02-2007 12:08 PM

Per pg. 81 of our Bible, SSHE, yes to JTo, from the Button or CO. No to T9o. T9 would needed to be suited to be "standard."

gobbledygeek 11-02-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Per pg. 81 of our Bible, SSHE, yes to JTo, from the Button or CO. No to T9o. T9 would needed to be suited to be "standard."

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to revisit the Bible more often for brushing up on stuff. That should be a November goal.

fishyak 11-02-2007 12:54 PM

Like dental checkups, review SSHE twice a year, standard. Quarterly, if you suffer from halfheimer's or CRS.

jesse8888 11-02-2007 01:55 PM

I review the bible on an almost continuous basis, and just two days ago realized that with tons of limps I should play 54s in the CO. Sure enough, yesterday I limped into a 7 way pot with 54s in the CO, and sure enough, I turned the wheel. It was glorious.

I think a take-away from this thread should be the following:

Use these questionable hands to work on your table image. If you want to up your gambooler image, get in there and fight with T9o. If you want everyone to think you're more nittish and have the goods, then don't. Seems like a fine place for "changing it up" from time to time.

TheCount212 11-02-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I review the bible on an almost continuous basis, and just two days ago realized that with tons of limps I should play 54s in the CO. Sure enough, yesterday I limped into a 7 way pot with 54s in the CO, and sure enough, I turned the wheel. It was glorious.

I think a take-away from this thread should be the following:

Use these questionable hands to work on your table imagine. If you want to up your gambooler image, get in there and fight with T9o. If you want everyone to think you're more nittish and have the goods, then don't. Seems like a fine place for "changing it up" from time to time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Frond 11-02-2007 02:35 PM

Here is my take. I used to dump them both up until about a few months ago except occasionally JTo, at the table descsription I gave.(what a nit [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]) Now I play them both because:
1. I feel a lot more confident about my post flop play
2. I can get away from them when needed
3. It is good for our image when the entire table has limped to us and we toss our chips in nonchalantly. It may look a bit nittish if you are on the button and constantly have everyone limp to you and you don't play any hand.
4. Position. Being last to or next to last to act is huge with these hands(or any hands obv). Also, it is only half a bet to see the flop with a hand that can win a huge multi way pot without the threat of having it raised PF. Even if it is raised by someone on our left, it will almost always be one additional small bet to see the flop with 7-8 others.

Okay then, if someone says that they don't play these hands in the positions at all even with kind of a table, I don't think that it is a huge mistake. I just think that if one feels fairly confident with their post flop play that not playing these 2 hands is passing up some possible very good opps to occasioanlly win some monster multi way pots. Taking down just a few monster pots can easily more than make up for the small bets ventured here and there in good positions.

War 9T OFFSUIT! [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]