Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK vs a reg - i coldcall in the SB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558189)

cs3 11-30-2007 07:00 PM

KK vs a reg - i coldcall in the SB

<font color="blue">
BB is a squeeze happy tagfish. he gets a hardon evrytime there is a late pos raise and a a call in front of him. rarely just calls form the blinds

main villain is CO and is a regular and most likely a 2p2er. Hes petty solid and very very aggro. Wins tons of pots w/o showdown. He steals every chance he gets and auto c-bets/raises almsot any flop... his flop AF is ~14, turn and river are both infinte over several hundered hands. He runs at 21/17/5 overall

we were on a couple tables together at the time but hadnt really played any signifigant pots yet. i had 3 bet him several times PF and he folded each time. i had been gettting lots of good hands and been pretty aggro in general, so villain probably thinks im LAGier than i actually am</font>

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $23.45
CO: $97.50
BTN: $105.40
Hero (SB): $129.35
BB: $103.55

Pre-Flop: Khttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif Khttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls $3.50, BB folds
<font color="blue"> CO has almost any 2, i obv 3 betnear 100% of the time here, but i though tthis was an ok time to call because i expected BB to squeeze or fold, so i would either be able to shove PF or play HU vs the aggro CO with a hand that crushes his range </font>

Flop: ($9) 2http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $55</font> HERO???

<font color="blue"> what do you think of my flop ch/r? anything else to do on the flop given PF?
and now that he 3 bets the flop what are we doin?</font>

hotbacon 11-30-2007 07:02 PM

Re: KK vs a reg - i coldcall in the BB

ez stick in given history

spivey 11-30-2007 07:03 PM

CR flop is definitely good. As played, you have to go all in. Stacks aren't deep enough to call and check/call all in, he won't think he has any FE on the turn if he's bluffing here.

Definitely don't think folding is an option with your read.

LT22 11-30-2007 07:03 PM

gotta play for stacks after you just called PF and c/r flop

orange 11-30-2007 07:07 PM

if you c/r fold this flop...lol. well, just dont do it. stack off obv.

blink20 11-30-2007 07:15 PM

Re: KK vs a reg - i coldcall in the SB

Kings look really good in this spot, especially given you check raised an aggr player on a rainbow board, he's gonna put a bluff in your range a decent amount of time and that 55 could just be a creative bet. Also he's prob gonna get it in here with QQ-10 10 most likely.

You probably don't run into a set too often as this is almost the ideal spot to stop and go if you are the villian with a set, however its also not a bad spot to juice the flop with a set if he thinks you have a big hand also.

All in all, your chips with kings go in the middle everytime in this spot.

Also out of c uriosity, who were the two villians in the hand, who's the squeeze happy tag fish.

ikestoys 11-30-2007 07:17 PM

i understand going for the resqueeze, but crazy squeezers do it at most 20% of the time... don't overestimate how often he's doing it.

Paul Thomson 11-30-2007 07:18 PM

donk flop

cs3 11-30-2007 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i understand going for the resqueeze, but crazy squeezers do it at most 20% of the time... don't overestimate how often he's doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i thouhgt it was pretty likely, but obv not a sure thing. i was pretty confident that he would raise/fold though. he hadnt cold called at all yet. and i didnt really mind playing OOP HU vs the CO with a really strong hand - should i though?
also i thought it was a spot where if i 3 bet, CO folds like 95% of the time.

cs3 11-30-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
donk flop

[/ QUOTE ]
why? b/3b on the flop looks waay too strong because CO would put me on a set pretty much 100% of the time on that dry ass board, and would have a pretty easy fold with any overpair with not a whole lot of money commited to the pot.

i can see a case for donking flop/calling a raise, then stackadonk turn, but my line accomplishes pretty much the exact same thing right? but makes me more money when villain is fos/decides to make a big fold, and costs me the same amount when vilain has AA/sets

also flop ch/r on a dry board looks pretty damn bluffy, no?

mendacity 11-30-2007 07:33 PM

I think your question as played is how often this is a set versus TT-QQ, AA. This is not a spot to find intution to guide you to an answer.

Your notes say, "auto raises cbets." This is a perfect board for you to get your stack in.

cs3 11-30-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your question as played is how often this is a set versus TT-QQ, AA. This is not a spot to find intution to guide you to an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, my main concerns are
(1) my PF plan, and
(2) how to get the most value out of smaller over pairs/TP type hands and bluffs. i called PF with the intention of stacking off on almsot all non-Ace flops

i realize that villains somtimes outfops me, but not often enough for me to ever consider folding at any point, correct?

Paul Thomson 11-30-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
donk flop

[/ QUOTE ]
why? b/3b on the flop looks waay too strong because CO would put me on a set pretty much 100% of the time on that dry ass board, and would have a pretty easy fold with any overpair with not a whole lot of money commited to the pot.

i can see a case for donking flop/calling a raise, then stackadonk turn, but my line accomplishes pretty much the exact same thing right? but makes me more money when villain is fos/decides to make a big fold, and costs me the same amount when vilain has AA/sets

[/ QUOTE ]

if his hand range is ATC, then isn't he going to fold to show flop check-raise a ton. Do you think he really will 3-bet bluff you alot? If so, then I like your line.

But it seems to me that he'll be much more willing to bluff-raise a donk bet, then bluff 3-bet a check raise.

that was my thinking at least.

Cernunnos 11-30-2007 07:44 PM

yout pf plan is ok, but i would much rather try to nail a squeezer when i have posistion,
and given that you have underrepped your hand preflop and the previous history as you described get your stack in,

it will certainly surprise villians that your prepared to lay a big trap with KK for him

Bramsterdam 11-30-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, so folding is no option.

I like the way you played this hand and the reasoning behind it as well

mendacity 11-30-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
no, my main concerns are
(1) my PF plan, and
(2) how to get the most value out of smaller over pairs/TP type hands and bluffs. i called PF with the intention of stacking off on almsot all non-Ace flops

i realize that villains somtimes outfops me, but not often enough for me to ever consider folding at any point, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) your pf plan is fine, it's also a decent balancing act

2) given stacks-sizes I think he's going to give up on his turn/river shoves as noted earlier. Given the stacks are awkward he may force himself to make a heroic call thinking you a re-bluffing him in addition to the pot odds he's being compensated.

early325 11-30-2007 07:47 PM

well played hand as long as you shoved

spivey 11-30-2007 07:53 PM

I also think donking flop sucks, because if we call or 3bet his raise, alarm bells will be going off in his head.

Wilson Cortez 11-30-2007 08:23 PM

i like the c/r given that he c bets every flop, but he raises a lot of flops too, then you might want to lead. shove and if he has you beat reload.

Panthro 11-30-2007 08:26 PM

go broke plz

GoodCallYouWin 11-30-2007 08:45 PM

I like your line, now get it in. Preflop isn't even that bad, although obv. rr is standard. Preflop is better if he's a rock than if he has any two imho.

bilbo-san 11-30-2007 09:09 PM

Forget sets and TT-QQ. In addition, this is so [censored] often villain going "WTF? On a 972r board? You're bluffing like always! I re-bluff!"

Anyways, just shove. If he's bluffing, calling his 3-bet here sets off huge alarm bells in his head that you aren't folding the turn so he won't bet it for you anyway.

Besides, no way he 3b/folds any overpair, or probably even 68 and 8T given the odds he'll be getting.

cs3 12-01-2007 02:35 AM

anyway i shoved and villain tanked, then folded. thanks for the replies everyone.