Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Poker Tracker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=246)

-Skeme- 08-25-2005 09:42 PM

Poker Tracker

Howdy, everyone. Can you guy's tell me what's so good about this program? Share your experiences, pros and cons of the software, etc. Thanks a lot.

Note: This is an official discussion thread made by myself to go with a FAQ for the SSNL forum. Please help out by responding. Thanks again.

voltron. 08-25-2005 10:02 PM

Re: Poker Tracker

pokertracker is a great program for keeping track of your performance. it tracks what money youve lost at each level (1/2, 2/4, etc) and what your winrate it. it provides statistics which you can use to analyze your play like vpip, a measure of how many times you voluntarily put money into the pot, which is a general way of seeing how tight you are preflop. it records how many times you won a hand at showdown, how many times you raised preflop. it records almost every conceivable statistic. it also tell you how you are doing with each hand. you can see stats for AK, AKs, AQ, 55, etc. This helps you to see if you are overplaying a hand, and can help you find a leak in your game.

thats a start...

MINETZ 08-25-2005 10:28 PM

pokertracker is a great program, it shows your any statistic you want about any player you've played with, once you get a a large enough sample it helps you make reads better playing 6 tables than you would be able to if you were playing 1 table and paying attention. So many times it has helped me fold a good hand when I know im against a monster from someone who has very tight stats, and also know when to play my mediocre hands more aggresively against opponents with loose stats. The only con I have had with this program is that sometimes I instantly put the villian in the hand on either the nuts or a mediocre hand based on their stats, weak tight players dont always need the nuts to bet, and loose players do flop big hands too.
Noah

bziegler 08-25-2005 10:54 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

theRealMacoy 08-26-2005 01:16 AM

Re: Poker Tracker *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

ILIKEBIGASSES 08-26-2005 10:27 AM

I found Poker Tracker v2.06 on P2P . I used Emule and found it on there so you might want to check that out. You probably could get it free.

subzero 08-26-2005 11:55 AM

Helps identify which players to steal blinds from. If the SB and BB are tight (low VPIPs), then blind steals are usually more successful.

-Skeme- 08-26-2005 12:49 PM

Thanks, guys!

4_2_it 08-26-2005 01:58 PM

Don't forget there are two overlay HUDs that feed off PT and are free. Game Time + and Poker Ace HUD. I have used both and prefere Poker Ace because it is easier to use while Game Time display is a little slicker. Either is a must with PT.

AliasMrJones 08-26-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found Poker Tracker v2.06 on P2P . I used Emule and found it on there so you might want to check that out. You probably could get it free.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get the most recent version free on the pokertracker site too. You can import 1,000 hands before you need to register it.

excession 08-31-2005 09:03 AM

My free PT guide is here

http://www.bet-the-pot.com/poker-tra...ne-page31.html

Latest NL autorates (full ring and 6 max) are here

http://www.andymcnish.btinternet.co.uk/newauto.htm

Cky3 03-16-2006 05:05 PM

How should one set up poker tracker? I understand what it does and why but I do not understand how to set up the various functions ect...

Thanks
Chris

twoakers 03-16-2006 07:09 PM

Great program! Helps me to track how loose/tight/passige/aggressive my oppnents are, as well as my own play. Also allows me to look back at how I fare with various hands and various positions. Charts my bankroll for various levels and limits. HUD allows me to access all of the pertinent info right on the table as I play. Allows me to play multiple tables and have more relaiable reads than I had concentrating on one table. Also, there's a similar program called PokerOffice that already ahs the HUD built into it. I am just as pleased with that as I am PT.

Chris

Tatarana 03-16-2006 07:48 PM

I agree its a great software but it needs a major facelift and lacks some features. When it stores NL hands, it misses some valuable information. We cant study our flop ( or turn ) play correctly since it doesnt eveluate hands like gutshots or draws. The player ratings subsystem needs to envolve.It only works with locally stored hand files. It does not calculate pot odds and the registration process should be like PokerACE HUD's.
In spite of all that its a great software.

sui generis 03-16-2006 07:59 PM

I would love to see a piece of software that, in essence, had the display abilities of PAHUD and the general features of pokertracker with the GUI (/statistical modifiability, etc.) as poker davinci. I wouldn't mind if this program had the ability to interface with partyplanner or the ability to run AHK scripts (for instance, a menu of AHK scripts available and the ability to run the selected scripts at a given time). Also, I would love for it to interface with poker patterns.

Yes. This is a dreamers paradise.

-eric

async 09-26-2006 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found Poker Tracker v2.06 on P2P . I used [censored] and found it on there so you might want to check that out. You probably could get it free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Retrieving poker-related software from a P2P network is like asking to have a keystroke logger installed on your PC. Do it if you like having your private information stolen.