Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Do you hate Jerry Yang already? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453590)

aramfingal 07-17-2007 05:53 PM

Do you hate Jerry Yang already?

do ya?

jdblacknines 07-17-2007 05:56 PM

Re: Do you hate Jerry Yang already?

Hate is a little strong. Why would you hate a man for winning hands?

A little over the top to me.

sweetjazz 07-17-2007 05:58 PM

Seriously, considering the many many annoying things that go on at a poker table, I don't think Jerry Yang is that bad at all. I kind of get annoyed by the long time he takes before every action, but given the context, it is certainly understandable.

The religious comments, regardless of the fact that are not really appropriate and don't reflect well on him, seem genuine and given the magnitude of the moment, seem understandable to me.

HavanaBanana 07-17-2007 06:10 PM

Yes I hate Morons touting 'God' like that.

So I went and laid some $ against him at Betfair.

Hope a PokerStars qualifier wins, that way we probably get a bonus.

ToT

twonine29 07-17-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The religious comments, regardless of the fact that are not really appropriate and don't reflect well on him, seem genuine and given the magnitude of the moment , seem understandable to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

zaxx19 07-17-2007 06:29 PM

Ya I hate mormons also...lol.

Austiger 07-17-2007 06:30 PM

"He is pledging 10 percent of his winnings from this tournament to three different charities – the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Feed the Children, and the Ronald McDonald House"

Stealthy 07-17-2007 06:55 PM

Jerry Yang would be a perfect winner. He calls down with any pair at times, calls allins with A9. A great example for all of our future opponents who dont know any better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

zaxx19 07-17-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jerry Yang would be a perfect winner. He calls down with any pair at times, calls allins with A9. A great example for all of our future opponents who dont know any better. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear sweet g-d thats genious...now how can we reignite the poker boom now that DAT DER INTRANOOT has been banned by bible thumping MORANS that should have been busy saving our young heroes from a cauldron of Arab death and dismemberment.

suzy89222 07-17-2007 07:19 PM

all the jesus christ crap makes me hate his dumb guts.

southgapoker 07-17-2007 07:21 PM

I do not like him but him winning won't be bad for poker.

The religious crap is ridiculous. There's no God in poker.

Scorcho 07-17-2007 07:22 PM

I can't stand all the Mattias Anderson type yelling.

twoblacknines 07-17-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hate someone for their religious views? Anyways I like this guy and think him winning is much better than another gold type player. Plus, if he is donating 10% or w/e thats pretty cool of him.

Also, if a religious person wins it then it could help with all the other religious people saying gambling is bad....you can ask them why God let Yang win then.

Bonified 07-17-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it could help with all the other religious people saying gambling is bad....you can ask them why God let Yang win then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you can never win these arguments. They'll probably say it was a test of faith or something :-)

southgapoker 07-17-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hate someone for their religious views? Anyways I like this guy and think him winning is much better than another gold type player. Plus, if he is donating 10% or w/e thats pretty cool of him.

Also, if a religious person wins it then it could help with all the other religious people saying gambling is bad....you can ask them why God let Yang win then.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tell my religious buddies who play with me that God is sending them straight to hell for gambling.

sirtimo 07-17-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hate is a little strong. Why would you hate a man for running hotter than the sun?

A little over the top to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

RichGangi 07-17-2007 08:06 PM

I hate his religious bantering...other than that, he's GREAT for the game.

pokervintage 07-17-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He is pledging 10 percent of his winnings from this tournament to three different charities – the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Feed the Children, and the Ronald McDonald House"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definitely a guy to be hated. Sheesh.

pokervintage

neverforgetlol 07-17-2007 08:28 PM

and the rest to his church

Clayton 07-17-2007 08:29 PM

bargaining on a card with jesus makes you suck at life. i dislike "those kind of christians". i also dislike all fanatics. i think yang would be bad for poker, unless he donates everything to christianity at which point it's hard to argue that he's bad for poker. dumb scenario either way.

Pauly3511 07-17-2007 08:30 PM

can't stand that holy roller bullshat, what a douche

Bobbo539 07-17-2007 08:31 PM

um who cares? this board has a lot of very small intolerant minds, really. I can't see how he bothers any mature human being. Live and let live.

smilingbill 07-17-2007 08:31 PM

jerry yang is the embodiment of that guy who calls your all-in in an MTT with KQo or 98s and sucks out every single time

idrinkcoors 07-17-2007 08:34 PM

Lol at the the Christian haters.

Family guy donating thousands to charity. Guy must be a scumbag.

Pauly3511 07-17-2007 08:36 PM

you all can gfy's hes a donk, nother jaimie luckbox gold, just cuz he gives to charity doesnt mean you have to like him, he's a fing mook.

pokervintage 07-17-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just cuz he gives to charity doesnt mean you have to like him, he's a fing mook.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody said like him but "hate him"... come on.

pokervintage

W brad 07-17-2007 08:54 PM

Time to buy a new chip set:

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Pho...aith_chips.jpg

Praise the Lord, and pass the chips.

Max Raker 07-17-2007 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think yang would be bad for poker, unless he donates everything to christianity at which point it's hard to argue that he's bad for poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a tough one. I guess it would be go for PR but that is alot of money taken out of the poker economy.

Bonified 07-17-2007 09:26 PM

Haha, I have those chips and they TOTALLY rule.

carpe2k 07-17-2007 09:39 PM

You can't HATE someone who is giving to charity.
You can DISLIKE someone who is spouting religion at the final table. Don't know who said it---
THERES NO GAMBLING IN CHURCH AND THERE IS NO PRAYING AT THE POKER TABLE. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PITTM 07-17-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or they could be basing that on the other information they have about him?

vhawk01 07-17-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or they could be basing that on the other information they have about him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy wears a hat, must be a scumbag.

technologic 07-17-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think yang would be bad for poker, unless he donates everything to christianity at which point it's hard to argue that he's bad for poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a tough one. I guess it would be go for PR but that is alot of money taken out of the poker economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

not like the money that he takes out would be funneled to most of us if he were to take it out of the "poker economy"

Emperor 07-17-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not like the money that he takes out would be funneled to most of us if he were to take it out of the "poker economy"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? Ronald plays on Stars LDO

http://www.theregister.co.uk/media/1130.jpg

teddyFBI 07-18-2007 12:31 AM

i'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt for the .005% chance he somehow curries the favor of the right-wing fundamentalist bastards in DC trying to bend us over the confessional booth like Massachussets altar boys.

asterion 07-18-2007 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The religious crap is ridiculous. There's no God in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]Exactly. Everybody knows that God shoots craps.

Brad1970 07-18-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To all of the Christianity haters in this thread, would somebody please tell me which verse in the Bible says not to play poker or participate in any other type of gambling for that fact. I've read my Bible cover to cover & I don't recall seeing it.

If Jerry Yang wants to show his faith at the table then let him do it. He's just expressing himself. Sounds like alot of you are jealous. GG Jerry.

nath 07-18-2007 11:08 AM

i can't tell which is funnier, the Ronald McDonald at his laptop pic or the "God shoots craps" line

anyway, i'm pretty sure Yang winning is way more likely to be awesome than not for us poker players

jt082005 07-18-2007 11:56 AM

I don't care about the religion stuff, and glad to see him giving to some charity so I think he is a good winner so far

LuckyTxGuy 07-18-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To all of the Christianity haters in this thread, would somebody please tell me which verse in the Bible says not to play poker or participate in any other type of gambling for that fact. I've read my Bible cover to cover & I don't recall seeing it.

If Jerry Yang wants to show his faith at the table then let him do it. He's just expressing himself. Sounds like alot of you are jealous. GG Jerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

As a Christian myself I know many Christians feel gambling is wrong. Fine. I disagree. We might disagree on other small points in our faith. We agree on the most important issue of all and that is what matters.

I just don't see why a seemingly a genuinely nice guy, a family man wins everyone goes nuts bashing him. As for the folks bashing him for donating 10% to charity....what if Barry G. had won?