Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2nd note on my car (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=299884)

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:23 AM

2nd note on my car

continuation of this post.

So, last night we got back at about 2am, and of decided to park in the same spot. I put the original note back under the wipers, so that Mr. nit would not need to write a 2nd note. I got out to my car at 7:45am to find the following note:

This is the second and final request for having this car parked in front of house being visited. For 2 reasons:
1. Difficulty for garbage and recycling bins to be picked up!
2. Difficulty for newspaper delivery!

Also, note posting that cars are not to be parked on street and could be towed at owner's expense!

My play?

NOTE: I have never seen posting regarding cars parked on the street, but that does not mean such a rule does not exist.

JMa 01-06-2007 10:26 AM

Re: 2nd note on my car

stop being a d bag?

Los Feliz Slim 01-06-2007 10:28 AM

You need to find out if you really aren't allowed to park on the street, because if all he has to do is make a phone call and they tow your car that would suck.

Assuming you are allowed, legally, to park there, you need to decide whether you have the time or inclination to escalate the conflict, or if it might just be easier to park elsewhere. I'd personally lean towards parking elsewhere because it's just not worth it.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to find out if you really aren't allowed to park on the street, because if all he has to do is make a phone call and they tow your car that would suck.

Assuming you are allowed, legally, to park there, you need to decide whether you have the time or inclination to escalate the conflict, or if it might just be easier to park elsewhere. I'd personally lean towards parking elsewhere because it's just not worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

your post is reasonable and well thought out, and thus i will have not part of it.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stop being a d bag?

[/ QUOTE ]

your retarted.

Los Feliz Slim 01-06-2007 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

your post is reasonable and well thought out, and thus i will have not part of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that might be a problem. In that case, fill a bag with dog poop, put it on his doorstep, set it on fire, then ring his doorbell.

El Diablo 01-06-2007 10:36 AM

PB,

Instead of doing anything to your car, dude writes a polite note explaining why he's requesting you not to park there, even after you acted like an a-hole and parked it there again on purpose.

Your play? Either continue being a douchebag or park the car in front of the right house.

You sound like a real dick.

bwana devil 01-06-2007 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PB,

Instead of doing anything to your car, dude writes a polite note explaining why he's requesting you not to park there, even after you acted like an a-hole and parked it there again on purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

those dont sound like the real reasons he doesnt want a car parked there though. the guy probably just doesnt want to look at another car in front of his house and feel "his space" violated. i would likely say his reasons are BS and the manner he presented it was only boderline polite.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PB,

Your play? Either continue being a douchebag or park the car in front of the right house.

You sound like a real dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

placing a note on my car in the first place is not "polite".

the location of my car did not hinder either of the things he listed, they were merely a smoke screen.

as far as me being a dick, obviously i am.

Paul B. 01-06-2007 10:41 AM

Park on his lawn.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PB,

[/ QUOTE ]

those dont sound like the real reasons he doesnt a car parked there though. the guy probably just doesnt want to look at another car in front of his house and feel his space "violated." i would likely say his reasons are BS and the manner he presented it was only boderline polite.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct. the real reason is that the guy is a miserable prick (not unlike myself). my friend has had other run-ins with him, and he clearly is just a grumpy old nit.

obviously the best course of action is just comply and feel sorry for him, as he clearly has issues (so, there is no point in posting anything to that effect. i get it). but what fun would that be?

Barry 01-06-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a teacher!?

If you're getting this much of a charge out of this silliness, you really need to get a life.

asb165 01-06-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the second and final request for having this car parked in front of house being visited. For 2 reasons:

Also, note posting that cars are not to be parked on street and could be towed at owner's expense!

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I cannot imagine that trash and recycling gets picked up more than twice a week. If your car is the only car parked on the street, I think that he should be able to find somewhere to place his trash outside the vicinity of your car.

2. Is this a standard size newspaper? If so, doesn't the guy just drive/ride by and throw it on the driveway?

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're a teacher!?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you 12th leveling me here?

PokerBob 01-06-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I cannot imagine that trash and recycling gets picked up more than twice a week. If your car is the only car parked on the street, I think that he should be able to find somewhere to place his trash outside the vicinity of your car.

2. Is this a standard size newspaper? If so, doesn't the guy just drive/ride by and throw it on the driveway?

[/ QUOTE ]
his reasons are obviously total BS.

El Diablo 01-06-2007 10:55 AM

PB, bd:

You missed my point. Doesn't matter if the reasons are real or not.

Edit: Reading other posts, looks like PB might have gotten the point, but is a dick who doesn't give a sh*t.

bwana devil 01-06-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PB, bd:

Edit: Reading other posts, looks like PB might have gotten the point, but is a dick who doesn't give a sh*t.

[/ QUOTE ]

if his reasons arent real nor was he particularly polite, what is the point?

pbob is obviously being a prick as he acknowledges. im not saying he's not.

Los Feliz Slim 01-06-2007 11:04 AM

El D,

I don't think the nit gets credit for not "doing anything" to the car. Of course he shouldn't [censored] the car up, that would be ridiculous. And I think PokerBob is just thinking about having some fun with somebody who's wound up a little too tight, which I would have appreciated much more when I was like 20 or something.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PB, bd:

[/ QUOTE ]

el d,
you are right. i don't give a [censored]. i suppose that makes me a dick. it's basically catch 22. if i knew that the guy didn't like me parking there i wouldn't do it. but the only way i know that he doesn't like me parking there is if he somehow tells me. and the fact that something so stupid bothers him (i suspect it is more of a power trip thing for him than actual annoyance) and moves him to write those absurd notes, makes me want to park there. yeah, i guess i'm a dick.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

I don't think the nit gets credit for not "doing anything" to the car. Of course he shouldn't [censored] the car up, that would be ridiculous. And I think PokerBob is just thinking about having some fun with somebody who's wound up a little too tight, which I would have appreciated much more when I was like 20 or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

another good post. i just never grew up.

bwana devil 01-06-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. if i were young and feeling onery about the matter i may have escalated to the point pbob has now and felt like torn between wanting to park there more often and knowing it's not worth the trouble to do it. i'd just call the second note a victory and leave it at that.

Howard Beale 01-06-2007 11:14 AM

I think the fellow is being nice to you esp. if he can have your car towed. You should ask the person you're visiting if he can do it. Your continued parking where you are may make things difficult for who you're visiting if this other fellow gets aggravated. I'd park somewhere else.

btw: I predict this isn't happening in The Bronx, most of Queens or Brooklyn. Your car would've had a new 'decorative paint job' by now.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the fellow is being nice to you esp. if he can have your car towed. You should ask the person you're visiting if he can do it. Your continued parking where you are may make things difficult for who you're visiting if this other fellow gets aggravated. I'd park somewhere else.

btw: I predict this isn't happening in The Bronx, most of Queens or Brooklyn. Your car would've had a new 'decorative paint job' by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy is not being "nice". he is merely being "less of a dick than he could be."

fwiw my friend is much more fired up about this than i am, and was the one who wanted to park there last night.

Los Feliz Slim 01-06-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the guy is not being "nice". he is merely being "less of a dick than he could be."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not even "than he could be" it's "than many a-holes would be". This is how the jackasses are dragging down society, by being complete jerkoffs they make being slight jerkoffs seem reasonable (not referring to this specific situation).

wet work 01-06-2007 11:21 AM

I seriously doubt that you're going to do anything since all you seem to be doing is running to the internet for advice. Just let it go and move on with your life before you do something stupid-- which you most likely won't do anyway.

Everybody hates retards like this, they're friggin everywhere it seems, you really shouldn't let them get to you. He's already winning by the simple fact that you're spending any time at all even considering this dbag. Just let him rot away in his miserable life.

TomCollins 01-06-2007 11:23 AM

The correct play is to make copies of the note, get as many friends as needed to completely block his property line, put the copies of the note on the cars, and park 5-10 cards in front of his yard.

El Diablo 01-06-2007 11:26 AM

LFS: Yes, when I was in high school and sh*t, I sometimes found this sort of retarded stuff funny. But I was under the impression that PB was a grown man.

PB: "if i knew that the guy didn't like me parking there i wouldn't do it." Huh?

"fwiw my friend is much more fired up about this than i am" Wait, this is some dude's place you're spending the night at? We all thought you were nailing some chick!

PokerBob 01-06-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LFS: Yes, when I was in high school and sh*t, I sometimes found this sort of retarded stuff funny. But I was under the impression that PB was a grown man.

PB: "if i knew that the guy didn't like me parking there i wouldn't do it." Huh?

"fwiw my friend is much more fired up about this than i am" Wait, this is some dude's place you're spending the night at? We all thought you were nailing some chick!

[/ QUOTE ]

i am old, but that does not mean i am grown. grown people are [censored] boring.

why are you assuming my friend is male?

bwana devil 01-06-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El, i really enjoy reading your posts but i have a hard time following your notations and quotations in order to tell what youre talking about. often times i spend more time deciphering what youre talking about rather than just reading them. above is a prime example. change or dont but at least be aware

El Diablo 01-06-2007 11:36 AM

bd,

Maybe you should just try being smarter?

bwana devil 01-06-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bd,

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, so much for leaving you a polite a note and getting a mature response youve been preaching.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bd,

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, so much for leaving you a polite a note and getting a mature response youve been preaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

gentlemen, let's refrain from getting sidetracked and remain on the topic of how i can immaturely [censored] with this bitter old dude.

wet work 01-06-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

gentlemen, let's refrain from getting sidetracked and remain on the topic of how i can immaturely [censored] with this bitter old dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, send him a strip-o-gram and tell her to fart on him.

PokerBob 01-06-2007 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, send him a strip-o-gram

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a nice idea.

El Diablo 01-06-2007 11:54 AM

PB,

Order a bunch of pizzas to his house.

Toilet paper his house.

Make a big cross in his lawn and light it on fire.

Order a bunch of magazine subscriptions to his house.

El Diablo 01-06-2007 11:54 AM

bd,

Sorry man, was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion.

Howard Beale 01-06-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bd,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm flexible:

Place a rusting washing machine on his front lawn. Maybe a stack of old tires also. Heck, throw in some pink flamingos.

Hey, great new idea! If you've got a friend leaving town for a while have him park his car in front of the guy's house for a couple of weeks straight.

Bear in mind that the above is useless if you live in some backwoods area.

bwana devil 01-06-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bd,

Sorry man, was just trying to offer a helpful suggestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

as was i. no need to have a chip on your shoulder about it.

TripleH68 01-06-2007 12:40 PM

PokerBob,

Something that seems to be overlooked here. If you retaliate, even in a clever and funny way, what will be the long term implications for your friend? Do you care? Does your friend care?

MaxPower 01-06-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw my friend is much more fired up about this than i am, and was the one who wanted to park there last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, given what you are saying, I think that your "friend" will eventually become your friend if you just ignore this situation and don't get assertive with the guy. Since she is more fired up that you, if you ignore it, she becomes the man and you the woman. Then again, maybe that is what you like:)

As long as you are not doing anything wrong by parking there and the guy isn't in the waste management business, you should do something assertive, but don't lose your cool.

Just tell the guy in a calm manner to back off you and your "friend" and that as long as you are parking legally he should mind his own business.

Since the guy is leaving notes on your car, there is little chance that he will get violent with you. Just take your friend with you and tell her that in case that happens she should kick him in the nuts:)