Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Squeeze with KK, good flop but he just don't care... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533915)

raze 10-29-2007 02:43 PM

Squeeze with KK, good flop but he just don\'t care...

He's a regular, 22/13/5 over 400, we have no history together. The other two guys are fish.

I've played 110 hands at this table and have been quite tight at 19/16/8. I haven't done anything significant, no squeezes or big plays.

He's gotta have a set or some pretty huge balls to make that little raise.

Call flop? Call turn/river bets on blank cards?

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $503.10
UTG: $236
CO: $495.87
BTN: $855.66
SB: $543.20

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $8</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $8, SB calls $6, <font color="red">Hero raises to $46</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $38

Flop: ($108) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $78</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $168</font>

ikestoys 10-29-2007 02:45 PM

Re: Squeeze with KK, good flop but he just don\'t care...

poosh, its drawy and if he's dumb enough to setmine here its not profitable.

DanJ. 10-29-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rand 10-29-2007 02:48 PM

lol hes an idiot...push

Praetor 10-29-2007 02:49 PM

all in

raze 10-29-2007 03:41 PM

OK to all the pushers, tell me why he's making this tiny raise on me after I put in a huge PF raise and then a flop value bet?

Jamougha 10-29-2007 03:43 PM

Raise more preflop. 52 or something.

Don't know what he has but I'm stacking off if he hit a set.

AcTiOnJaCsOn 10-29-2007 04:17 PM

all in

runningirl07 10-29-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK to all the pushers, tell me why he's making this tiny raise on me after I put in a huge PF raise and then a flop value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

who knows man? You could be just squeezing and making a continuation bet here right? Maybe he has the flush draw or AQ but I would get it in here.

AAismyfriend 10-29-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorilla Boy 10-29-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From his preflop play it's clear he's probably bad, so it follows I'm happy to get it in here.

13_Xerxes 10-29-2007 05:57 PM

lol, hi 55^^

*push, no brainer*

ddubois 10-30-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I mean, everyone here is saying shove. They're kinda deep, and he's calling 38 to win like 525.

I know the argument is going to be that OP won't always stack off when villain hits a set, since it's "just a squeeze", but I don't know if that applies here. OP is nitty and squeezing an UTG raise, his range should be really strong, not wide.

The other arguement is that sets don't always win, which is reasonable. I wonder: Exactly what is the threshold of stacks sizes where calling 38 is profitable?

ipokeder 10-30-2007 01:10 AM

The poker games are loose, so just go all in www.lolwtf.com

ImsaKidd 10-30-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I mean, everyone here is saying shove. They're kinda deep, and he's calling 38 to win like 525.

I know the argument is going to be that OP won't always stack off when villain hits a set, since it's "just a squeeze", but I don't know if that applies here. OP is nitty and squeezing an UTG raise, his range should be really strong, not wide.

The other arguement is that sets don't always win, which is reasonable. I wonder: Exactly what is the threshold of stacks sizes where calling 38 is profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to factor in stuff like hero getting set over set on villain, boards like Axx where hero isnt felting KK, and flushdraw boards where hero has a lot more equity. Im too lazy to do the math though.

Pete H 10-30-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anything little over 100bb is not deep.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling is profitable with these stacks if hero folds an overpair for a miniraise.

The exact setmining odds depend on what hero felts here + the things choo choo mentioned. I'm in the too lazy to do the math camp.

ScoobyDooo 10-30-2007 03:17 AM

you gotsta go ALLLL INNN BABY!!!!!!

ddubois 10-31-2007 02:13 PM

It's kinda stupid to debate whether 125bb deserves the moniker "kinda deep", isn't it?

The Velour Fog 10-31-2007 03:31 PM

good thread imo

Big_Rob 10-31-2007 11:07 PM

I think your preflop reraise is too small, and on that premise I fold to his flop raise because we gave him great odds pf

fearless2k 11-01-2007 12:20 AM

doesnt 38 more to call mean its profitable if u get another 380 from Villian (hero in this case) ?? or am i just suuuuper dumb, its 7:1 for the set, and figured 10:1 ods would be sufficiant to set mine after the Reraise?! ESP with position (which i know he doesnt have in this case)

Sory if this is a bit off topic

Also his Calling the SB, then calling again means % of him havin the set increases a lot? this is a lot closer to the fold for me..

raze 11-01-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doesnt 38 more to call mean its profitable if u get another 380 from Villian (hero in this case) ?? or am i just suuuuper dumb, its 7:1 for the set, and figured 10:1 ods would be sufficiant to set mine after the Reraise?! ESP with position (which i know he doesnt have in this case)

[/ QUOTE ]

38 for 380, that's what I figure too. And if I stack off here his odds are just fine to set-mine in this case... and nobody ever sees a regular call a PFR and then call the squeeze as well? I see it, and a lot of the time it's a pocket pair, although his set range of 55/44 is very tiny.

Isura 11-01-2007 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your preflop reraise is too small, and on that premise I fold to his flop raise because we gave him great odds pf

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Isura 11-01-2007 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

38 for 380, that's what I figure too. And if I stack off here his odds are just fine to set-mine in this case... and nobody ever sees a regular call a PFR and then call the squeeze as well? I see it, and a lot of the time it's a pocket pair, although his set range of 55/44 is very tiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hint: You don't always have KK

intel 11-01-2007 03:54 AM

A reg that min raises UTG = DOnkey Reg
a large percentage of 2+2'ers are huge nits to not say insta shove
its an insta shove, and berate if he has a set.

Novles 11-01-2007 04:02 AM

anything wrong w/ calling and getting it in on the turn?

Jurrr 11-01-2007 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its an insta shove, and berate if he has a set.

[/ QUOTE ]it's an easy shove (not an insta one to avoid giving off timing tells), but you congratulate him on a hand well played if he has a set

you want him to keep making those EV- calls preflop (I assume you squeeze more than KK+)

luegofuego 11-01-2007 05:17 AM

brilyantz

futuredoc85 11-01-2007 05:57 AM

how is this thread still getting posts? Surely there is a hand that requires some thought somewhere in the forum you guys could look at

jj12 11-01-2007 06:46 AM

all in

jj12 11-01-2007 06:47 AM

go all in

awrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in

poooooooooooooooooosh

jj12 11-01-2007 06:49 AM

i hope some other guys chime in too cuz this thread isn't getting enough replies. such a tuff hand!