Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   My Battle with mu_empire (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555053)

Ship Ship McGipp 11-26-2007 07:33 PM

My Battle with mu_empire

In my blog.

I've outlined graphs and stats and almost 50 hands, none of which are boring.

Enjoy.

goofyballer 11-26-2007 07:35 PM

Re: My Battle with mu_empire

Can you talk about Laydown #3 plz? Wow. Does he only shove the nuts or something (I noticed he did the same in hand #1)? Or does he balance that move and you were just convinced he had it?

SamuraiJon 11-26-2007 07:40 PM

Pretty entertaining McGipp. I'm also confused about hand #3 as well. Smells of bluff or slow play flush. You think he 2 outered you?

yellowsub 11-26-2007 07:41 PM

my 3k was crucial eh?, oh and nh's too

goofyballer 11-26-2007 07:42 PM

Wow, this is a sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk suckout by aejowns (needed to hit A + K or running AA):

------------------
HAND #4
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $4,280.25
SB: $5,256.30

Pre-Flop: A K dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to $30, Hero raises to $111, SB calls $81

Flop: ($222) 9 9 K (2 Players)
Hero bets $150, SB raises to $300, Hero calls $150

Turn: ($822) K (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($822) A (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB bets $799, Hero raises to $2,898, SB calls $2,099

Results: $6,618 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed A K (a full house, Kings full of Aces) and WON $6,617.50 (+$3,308.50 NET)
SB mucked K 9 (a full house, Kings full of Nines) and LOST (-$3,309 NET)

king_of_drafts 11-26-2007 07:44 PM

lol sick marathon, that guy seems awful

goofyballer 11-26-2007 07:45 PM

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9598/mugrafxc1.jpg

HU = SWONGS amirite?

Sponger. 11-26-2007 07:46 PM

shove the river

grando 11-26-2007 07:49 PM

how do you not shove hand 4? cost you like 1k

xjimraketex 11-26-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is a sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk suckout by aejowns (needed to hit A + K or running AA):

------------------
HAND #4
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

Hero (BB): $4,280.25
SB: $5,256.30

Pre-Flop: A K dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to $30, Hero raises to $111, SB calls $81

Flop: ($222) 9 9 K (2 Players)
Hero bets $150, SB raises to $300, Hero calls $150

Turn: ($822) K (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($822) A (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB bets $799, Hero raises to $2,898, SB calls $2,099

Results: $6,618 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed A K (a full house, Kings full of Aces) and WON $6,617.50 (+$3,308.50 NET)
SB mucked K 9 (a full house, Kings full of Nines) and LOST (-$3,309 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]
[x] soulread teh board

Ship Ship McGipp 11-26-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove the river

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, i dont' wanna talk about it, thought this woudl look bluffier and get him to call with a nine whereas he might fold a nine to a shove

its a shove tho most likely

Shizzle12345 11-26-2007 07:50 PM

hand 1 and 2, explain please. I would really like to know lol, hes hyper aggro why fold there?

Ship Ship McGipp 11-26-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1 and 2, explain please. I would really like to know lol, hes hyper aggro why fold there?

[/ QUOTE ]

risk reward

he's hyper aggro but in weird spots, also he was tighter preflop HU than I am 6m. err, close anyays his vpip was around 30, a little under. craziest [censored] nit of all time if you ask me.

Pasterbator 11-26-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

risk reward

he's hyper aggro but in weird spots, also he was tighter preflop HU than I am 6m. err, close anyays his vpip was around 30, a little under. craziest [censored] nit of all time if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, hes about the spewiest 30vpip player i've ever played.

also, sick session. i'd like to play another one of these with him - ive just about recoved from my last one.

wannabe2 11-26-2007 08:01 PM

Full Tilt Poker, $10/$20 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

Hero (SB): $4,534.50
BB: $3,296.50

Pre-Flop: A 8 dealt to Hero (SB)
Hero raises to $60, BB raises to $180, Hero raises to $500, BB calls $320

Flop: ($1,000) 4 6 2 (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1,000) 6 (2 Players)
BB bets $699, Hero calls $699

River: ($2,398) T (2 Players)
BB bets $2,097.50 and is All-In, Hero calls $2,097.50

Results: $6,593 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed A 8 (a pair of Sixes) and WON $6,592.50 (+$3,296 NET)
BB showed K Q (a pair of Sixes) and LOST (-$3,296.50 NET)

sickeest thing
EVER

isapistola 11-26-2007 08:07 PM

the last hand is just epic.

entertaining read.

Nielsio 11-26-2007 08:16 PM

Some of your laydowns seem awful considering the rest of his hands.

Nice score.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-26-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice score.

[/ QUOTE ]

i folded for 6k more into a 2k pot with the fourth best overpair on a paired board, i folded for a second half pot bet OOP 175bbs deep with the fourth best overpair on a coordinated board where the top card paired the board against a player who raises top pair for information and protection, and i folded the worst possible full house for like 7 times the size of the pot on the river, in a spot where he almost never gets tehre with a flush, almost never bluffs, and can feasibly have 44 or 94 (if he opens it on the button) or even T9 because he is weird enough to check it behind on the flop and flat the turn.

those don't seem that spectacular.

terp 11-26-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nice score.

[/ QUOTE ]

/nielsio in bbv

Cumulonimbus 11-26-2007 08:41 PM

wow dude why did you fold hand 3

danzasmack 11-26-2007 08:45 PM

spam

Schmitty 87 11-26-2007 08:48 PM

i watched a good deal of this match once it got to 10/20, good fun.

do you normally play a 36/24 game? i've been thinking about how to play optimally vs. a 30/29 hyper aggressive player like mu_empire, and it seems to me that the way to go is to either tighten up like you did or gamble with him. the problem with the tight approach is that he might quit you (as I sadly discovered) and that he seems to spew much less. i watched him play 5/10 a few days ago and he absolutely donated to a guy playing like a 50/40 game.

i also noticed you seemed to be saving a lot of bets for the river. your river aggression frequency is huge over the 3k hands i have, just wondering if that's a sample size issue or a conscious adjustment.

Schmitty 87 11-26-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow dude why did you fold hand 3

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw hand #3 go down and i think it was an easy fold. aejones tanked but i don't think he was ever strongly considering a call.

grando 11-26-2007 08:57 PM

hand 3 for who cares:

------------------
HAND #3
------------------

Full Tilt Poker, $10/$20 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

SB: $4,739.50
Hero (BB): $7,926.50

Pre-Flop: 2 2 dealt to Hero (BB)
SB raises to $60, Hero calls $40

Flop: ($120) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($120) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $100, SB calls $100

River: ($320) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero bets $311, SB raises to $4,579.50 and is All-In, Hero folds

Results: $942 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $941.50 (+$470.50 NET)

goofyballer 11-26-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you talk about Laydown #3 plz? Wow. Does he only shove the nuts or something (I noticed he did the same in hand #1)? Or does he balance that move and you were just convinced he had it?

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted for being ignored [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

nutsflopper 11-26-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"i folded the worst possible full house for like 7 times the size of the pot on the river, in a spot where he almost never gets tehre with a flush, almost never bluffs, and can feasibly have 44 or 94 (if he opens it on the button) or even T9 because he is weird enough to check it behind on the flop and flat the turn."

Schmitty 87 11-26-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can give you my opinion from watching the watch to hopefully tide you over until ae can answer.

what kind of bluff/v-shoving worse are you expecting him to show up with? i don't think he'd shove a flush, not to mention he'd almost assuredly c-bet the flop with one. i feel the same for high diamonds (Adx, Kdx) in that mu_empire will bet the flop almost every time because he likes 3-betting a c/r (he's spewy in that way). the only hand i can maybe see is Ad9x or something like that, but again i don't think he's checking the flop, and even if he did i can't see him flatting the turn. from the flow of the match i don't see him shoving air here either, as he didn't seem to be tilting at all at this point.

44 makes SOOOO much sense to me, and i think he has it at least 75% of the time.

edit: fwiw i think ae is wrong in that mu_empire could get to the river like that with 109 any reasonable % of the time, though his opinion is obviously more qualified than mine.

goofyballer 11-26-2007 09:15 PM

ty I read good

Nielsio 11-27-2007 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well i can give you my opinion from watching the watch to hopefully tide you over until ae can answer.

what kind of bluff/v-shoving worse are you expecting him to show up with? i don't think he'd shove a flush, not to mention he'd almost assuredly c-bet the flop with one. i feel the same for high diamonds (Adx, Kdx) in that mu_empire will bet the flop almost every time because he likes 3-betting a c/r (he's spewy in that way). the only hand i can maybe see is Ad9x or something like that, but again i don't think he's checking the flop, and even if he did i can't see him flatting the turn. from the flow of the match i don't see him shoving air here either, as he didn't seem to be tilting at all at this point.

44 makes SOOOO much sense to me, and i think he has it at least 75% of the time.

edit: fwiw i think ae is wrong in that mu_empire could get to the river like that with 109 any reasonable % of the time, though his opinion is obviously more qualified than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is a good analysis and I feel the same, but later on you see the guy making ridiculous spewtastic moves meaning rational analysis goes way down and absolute hand value goes up. But yeah, gameflow has to do with it as well. People change their play when it gets swongy.

spooky shadows 11-27-2007 04:46 AM

Keyser. 11-27-2007 04:51 AM

semi-sick fold with deuces (although i admit i didn't see how big of an overbet it was at first). who is this mu_empire guy anyway? has he shared what he had that hand?

cameronbarry 11-27-2007 05:01 AM

wow wow oo very fun read aejones thank you. i played this guy briefly but quit him as he seemed to be playing reasonably well. now that i see these hands i'm going to looking out for him.

i like your 22 fold, as well as the two JJ folds. i really like the play of most of these hands, with the exception of some river raises (AJ v A4) that make no sense to me. feasibly given flow and how/how much you were bluffing they could be good but in a vacuum i don't get them at all.

anyway sick sick session

shootaa 11-27-2007 05:12 AM

wp sir

rsxpunk 11-27-2007 06:02 AM

i watched u guys for a few minutes.....i almost sat w/him right before you sat down after pasters thread, but realized that playing a maniac hu for 20% of my br prob wasnt too good.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-27-2007 01:02 PM

yea lol i forgot about the hand where i like minreraise him four times with top pair no kicker, but i was dying to felt based on the aggression on dry a hi flops in the match

fslexcduck 11-27-2007 01:14 PM

if you're gonna fold JJ on the 776 board to a raise, checking behind there on the flop is so much better... why did you bet?

if u check he will bluff into you or you'll get value easily but against someone hyper aggro bet/folding that board is awful imo

Ship Ship McGipp 11-27-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you're gonna fold JJ on the 776 board to a raise, checking behind there on the flop is so much better... why did you bet?

if u check he will bluff into you or you'll get value easily but against someone hyper aggro bet/folding that board is awful imo

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that checking behind is viable, but i bet for value and to protect my hand becasue i can easily get CCed by draws and by worse one pair hands.

bet folding is no where near awful for a 3x pot bet, i mean seriously? it's risk reward vs this guy, i wrote in my blog response to gabe that i would have called two kings instantly, and two queens after debate. it's mostly having to deal with the % of time he has an overpair and the size of it, and the amount of equity taht his overcard + club draw hands have vs my range.

it is super unfortunate that my hand was at the bottom end of my made hand range for betting that flop, but i folded pretty quickly once he insta shoved. i might have tanked a lil but i think in my mind i folded almost the second he shoved. he was hyper aggro when checked to, but not hyper aggro to CR. my c-bets, in fact, had a tremendous success rate.

optionsguy 11-27-2007 05:29 PM

real nice job

imabigdeal 11-27-2007 06:07 PM

sick match, sick hands, still i'm never ever ever folding that 22

cowpig 11-27-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that checking behind is viable, but i bet for value and to protect my hand becasue i can easily get CCed by draws and by worse one pair hands.

bet folding is no where near awful for a 3x pot bet, i mean seriously? it's risk reward vs this guy, i wrote in my blog response to gabe that i would have called two kings instantly, and two queens after debate. it's mostly having to deal with the % of time he has an overpair and the size of it, and the amount of equity taht his overcard + club draw hands have vs my range.

it is super unfortunate that my hand was at the bottom end of my made hand range for betting that flop, but i folded pretty quickly once he insta shoved. i might have tanked a lil but i think in my mind i folded almost the second he shoved. he was hyper aggro when checked to, but not hyper aggro to CR. my c-bets, in fact, had a tremendous success rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

you think a guy like this is going to check/call with worse hands than JJ often enough to make a flop cbet good? plz