Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526524)

SunyD 10-19-2007 11:40 AM

Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section?

Why is the "Full Ring" section seperate from all of the other sections, which are divided by stakes, in the PL/NL section?

I know strategies are different for micro-stakes, small-stakes, high-stakes, etc... but is that only for 6-max? Why do all stakes for Full Ring go in the one "Full Ring" forum?

Maybe mods/admins can consolidate those sub-sections.

Labarde 10-19-2007 11:44 AM

Re: Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section?

Filling a ring is harder than it looks. Hope this helps.

mrkilla 10-19-2007 11:47 AM

Full Ring was asked for because about 2/3 of the people play short handed games and were posting as such. The guys who played 7 handed or better found them selves at a loss for getting/receiving strat from these players

diebitter 10-19-2007 11:48 AM

most posts and players in the other nl/pl forums are 6-max, and some FR players were feeling drowned out using these forums, or getting advice better suited to 6-max. As most 2+2ers seem to prefer 6-max to FR, it seemed most reasonable to give the FR players their own forum and leave the current NL forums as they were.

Basically, if you play NL 6-max, use the other NL forums appropriate to your level, if you play FR, use the FR forum (although there is useful advice in medium and high stakes forums for both communities).

In terms of merging, the most likely sequence now is FR may be due to split into 2 forums some time in the near future, depending on traffic and the wishes of the community (and the management, ldo).

THEOSU 10-19-2007 12:10 PM

or, in shorter words.

full ring is for nits, and they needed their own nitty advice.

TheProdigy 10-19-2007 01:44 PM

We need to split it. Bad.

The advice in the forums is simply atrocious and I rarely even post in there because any good advice is just intermingled with horrid advice. I post some hands and look for replies from the total of 4 others who are any decent at all. It definitely needs split. Badddddddd.

nation 10-19-2007 05:37 PM

do you guys think there is enough demand for micros up to say 50nl, and then enough for 100nl+?

i think that seems about the right breakdown. definitely a jump in skill level between 50 and 100. however, if the 100nl+ forum has no traffic it would hurt the forum and a split wouldn't be worth it.

Berge20 10-19-2007 07:11 PM

This is where I really miss Sniper's post count numbers. Not that count it the only factor at when/if we should split, but I cant tell if we're still growing or not.

five4suited 10-19-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys think there is enough demand for micros up to say 50nl, and then enough for 100nl+?.

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded

SgtJake 10-19-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We need to split it. Bad.

The advice in the forums is simply atrocious and I rarely even post in there because any good advice is just intermingled with horrid advice. I post some hands and look for replies from the total of 4 others who are any decent at all. It definitely needs split. Badddddddd.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

We need 2 FR forums. One for microstakes, one for low/midstakes. Please make it happen right away.

ty

Split Suit 10-20-2007 01:35 AM

i think a split would b fine

coordi 10-20-2007 01:56 AM

There isnt alot of good advice in the micros.

Still I think a split would be best as it would probly promote more involvement from the higher levels. There are very few posters above 1/2 and even 100-200 only has 20.

rdrr 10-20-2007 02:38 AM

I vote for a split

kidpokeher 10-20-2007 02:48 AM

I don't mind whether it's split or not or by what limit. Just don't consolidate it back into the 6max forums. When we first proposed a full ring split, 90% of the responses were "no one plays full ring." Obviously that is not the case.

Cry Me A River 10-20-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still I think a split would be best as it would probly promote more involvement from the higher levels. There are very few posters above 1/2 and even 100-200 only has 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

56 posters who have posted in $100NL or $200NL threads in FRNL the last couple days:

911Operator
AceCR9
AceHigh
Albert Moulton
Bluegrassplayer
bottomset
br.bm
BT2
btoowhai
CalledDownLight
CallMeJohn
chicken10der
CLB
Cry Me A River
Ctrl.Dominate
diebitter
DTD
effang
Effen
el_grande
Eternal
Falc.
five4suited
futuredoc85
gman339
GrandMelon
Hklm8383
holdem2000
illini43
jetsetboy
Johnes Benjamin
jphil007
Landlord79
marccus85
mce86
nation
ncboiler
NFuego20
ninjadanger
NL__Fool
pattay
PenguinExpress
PokerFink
rachkane
ranka
RapidEvolution
Renton
Ryanj37
sobos
Split Suit
SunyD
The Eureka Kid
toymach776
vizer02
wikemang
Windforce

Thing is, FRNL is still well behind forums like SSNL and uNL in terms of volume.

While we don't have accurate numbers as far as the popularity of the forums, just looking at the numbers viewing forums at any moment (from the main index) gives us a good idea of the relative sizes.

While FRNL holds its own against other strat forums, it's still easily the smallest of the NLHE forums.

If everyone's clamoring for a split I'm not dead set against it. But I think we're just going to wind up with two small, fragmented forums. When uNL was spun off from SSNL the need was obvious. SSNL was bursting at the seams. This just isn't the case. And immediately after the split, both SSNL and uNL were bigger than FRNL is now.

There were 40 new threads started in FRNL on Friday. If you have your preferences set to show the maximum number of threads per page, that won't even fill half a page.

Limit Texas Hold'em
High Stakes Limit (9 viewing)
Medium Stakes Limit (7 viewing)
Small Stakes Limit (12 viewing)
Micro Stakes Limit (12 viewing)
Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (5 viewing)
Small Stakes Shorthanded (23 viewing)

PL/NL Texas Hold'em
High Stakes (51 viewing)
Medium Stakes (48 viewing)
Small Stakes (71 viewing)
Micro Stakes (41 viewing)
Full Ring (28 viewing)

Tournament Poker
MTT Strategy (19 viewing)
High Stakes MTT (11 viewing)
MTT Community (26 viewing)
STT Strategy (35 viewing)
Tournament Circuit/WSOP (8 viewing)

Other Poker
Omaha/8 (10 viewing)
Omaha High (11 viewing)
Stud (13 viewing)
Heads Up Poker (7 viewing)
Other Poker Games (5 viewing)

Cry Me A River 10-20-2007 03:18 AM

There were 67 threads started in SSNL on Friday.

There were 88 threads started in uNL on Friday.

There were 40 threads started in FRNL on Friday.

SSNL is probably more than 50% bigger than FRNL and uNL is likely at least double the size.

A better question might be whether uNL should be split...

younggunz 10-20-2007 03:23 AM

split - I gave up reading the forum because I didn't feel like sorting through all the micro stakes threads..

gladbach 10-20-2007 04:09 AM

split would be very nice

SkinnyLittleTwig 10-20-2007 04:24 AM

fold

Sounded Simple 10-20-2007 05:48 AM

X - Post from the FR forum.

Previously I thought a split would have been a good idea, now that Im here a while I'm totally against the idea.

I play microstakes and its not exactly hard to ignore the posts that dont concern micro players.
As long as posters
(A) State the relevant level when posting a hand.
(B) Dont clog threads above their "level" with unqualified advice.
In general I feel that FR posters are fairly good at both of these.

I dont think this needs to be discussed until the volume of posts gets to a stage where its hard to keep up.
Certainly not at this stage yet.

Finally I like the forum as it is. In general most in here are very friendly, its a nice community and a well run forum.
If it aint broke....

Edit - Reading the replies above perhaps some of the higher level posters are getting a bit pissed at micro players clogging their hands.
Maybe a special sticky pointing out that its a mixed level forum. Asking posters to keep the levels that they actually play.

Sounded Simple 10-20-2007 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We need 2 FR forums. One for microstakes, one for low/midstakes. Please make it happen right away.

ty

[/ QUOTE ]

No disrespect but you dont post any stat/theory hands so why do you care?

Setzy 10-20-2007 06:26 AM

I lurk the Full Ring forum a lot and play just above microstakes (100 and 200NL). I tend to answer threads about the limits that I play at and not lower or higher...but there just are not that many threads created as compared to the micro ones (5NL, 10NL, 25NL and 50NL). There are even fewer 400NL+ threads created. I would definitely read a FR forum dedicated to my limit and surrounding limits, but I do not believe there would be enough traffic to warrant one.

The FR forum posters are top notch in their thread creation titles, specifically labeling what limit their hand is from, i.e. - "100NL AK oop, fire a second barrel?" or whatever. It is not hard to look through the threads you don't want to read and pass over them. Also, with a FR forum split, the quality of posts in the lower stakes FR forum would suffer, because many posters from a limit or two above will answer questions pertaining to only their limits, and not below.

I think a split would be a good idea at *some* point, but not at this current time. There is not enough traffic.

Sounded Simple 10-20-2007 06:51 AM

^^^^^^^^^
Nailed It

nation 10-20-2007 08:02 AM

agreed setzy that's basically how i feel about it.

1p0kerboy 10-20-2007 10:01 AM

Cross-posted in the full-ring forum.

Part of the reason the forum isn't getting as much traffic:

A lot of the mid-high stakes players don't post here because of all of the noise (2NL-10NL posts).

A lot of the micro-stakes players don't post here because they feel 'inadequate'. I actually had several send me PMs during our last discussion on this topic.

Let's face it: this place is a zoo right now. There are a lot of beginner questions that get asked over and over again. It's gone so far and long that the full ring forum is the universal joke amongst all of the strategy forums. And I'm not saying this to be mean.

NL FULL RING requesting split

Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

Splitting fr

POLL

BotOnTilt 10-20-2007 11:29 AM

I don't mind one way or the other. I like to get replied from people who play above me, but I certainly can understand that people don't want to see too many threads from the micros. I doubt a FR SSNL+ forum would get too many new threads, but perhaps this could lead to better discussions in those few threads?

[ QUOTE ]
I post some hands and look for replies from the total of 4 others who are any decent at all. It definitely needs split. Badddddddd.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are only four good posters there, then do those 4 posters really need their own forum?

LifeTilt 10-20-2007 12:03 PM

Split. .10/.25 is not even close to the same game as 1/2, 2/4, etc.

Vehement 10-20-2007 01:31 PM

Pro split

I don't read Fr cause I don't like sorting through 30 threads that aren't relevant to me (aka super micros)

jack frost 10-20-2007 02:32 PM

split the forum PLEASE

ActionStan 10-20-2007 03:02 PM

Counting myself outside the 4, I'm definitely following you across the split. You can't stop my advice. You can't even hope to contain it, baby.

ActionStan 10-20-2007 03:48 PM

Oh. forgot to add....

bwahahahaha

VINNY VT 10-22-2007 01:19 AM

I would like to see a split

EMc 10-23-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There were 67 threads started in SSNL on Friday.

There were 88 threads started in uNL on Friday.

There were 40 threads started in FRNL on Friday.

SSNL is probably more than 50% bigger than FRNL and uNL is likely at least double the size.

A better question might be whether uNL should be split...

[/ QUOTE ]

a. uNL doesnt need to be split, we are fine.
b. I think you picked a statistically bad day there. SSNL used to(and probably still does) in terms of overall post volume. A lot of uNL questions can be answered quickly.

bozzer 10-30-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

a. uNL doesnt need to be split, we are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q to assist in knocking that idea on the head.

1p0kerboy 10-30-2007 08:29 AM

You guys who are posting the traffic history are missing the point completely.

The whole reason that there is a lack of participation is due to the current setup.

_Apollo_ 10-30-2007 11:56 AM

I think pokerboy's right here. It needs a split.
(not playing FR anymore but I like to read it once in a while anyway)