Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ethics of clogging up high stakes tables (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430672)

whitelime 06-19-2007 03:44 AM

Ethics of clogging up high stakes tables

Full Tilt only has a limited number of heads up high stakes tables. Thoughts on players clogging the tables either by sitting alone on every table or by sitting against you and sitting out when one of the two of you has no intention of playing the other. Ethical or not?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 06-19-2007 03:55 AM

Re: Ethics of clogging up high stakes tables

if there are a limited number of hu tables, i see nothing ethically wrong with someone sitting alone at every table, however there should never be a circumstance where they sit out at a HU table if they are limited.

fees 06-19-2007 03:58 AM

with the motive of?

TxRedMan 06-19-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if there are a limited number of hu tables, i see nothing ethically wrong with someone sitting alone at every table, however there should never be a circumstance where they sit out at a HU table if they are limited.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhh...

read your post. at least, i dont get it.

tarheeljks 06-19-2007 05:01 AM

forcing you to sit in w/them somewhere

06-19-2007 05:07 AM

sorry

Bill King 06-19-2007 05:30 AM

if someone sits at a ton of tables and nobody wants to play him, thats not his problem.. but sitting at a table and sitting out so you can chat w/ the rail is REALLY annoying IMO.

citanul 06-19-2007 05:47 AM

i have no problem with anyhting but:

1) sitting at tables with a player already there and sitting out so the table is worthless to the other guy
2) if you could sit at all the possible tables, sitting at all of them, and not allowing any other player ot sit at them alone via sitting out if they sit with you, so no one else can wait for fish, etc.

The Gift Of Gab 06-19-2007 06:52 AM

It is extremely lame when there are four or five guys sitting alone at 25-50 heads-up and not one of them will play me or any of the others.

One of these days I will start sitting at every table. Am I bitter? Yes.

Ansky 06-19-2007 08:51 AM

I don't think it's unethical if you sit and are willing to play anyone. If you clog up all the tables and simply wait for noataima to sit and don't let anyone else play, thats a problem.

I think it's also hilarious when ppl like kaintd (although he only does this at 5/10) will sit alone at like 6 tables, and will NEVER play anyone. Same thing w/ a bunch of 10/20 doofballs.

Isura 06-19-2007 10:28 AM

Sitting at all of them is fine. Sitting out is mega lame. I would go and sit at each of their tables until they left.

Marnixvdb 06-19-2007 10:53 AM

on ftp if you sit at a HU table and the other sits out, he will be booted from the table after a few minutes so.... just sit down and take the table from him

Ghazban 06-19-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's unethical if you sit and are willing to play anyone. If you clog up all the tables and simply wait for noataima to sit and don't let anyone else play, thats a problem.

I think it's also hilarious when ppl like kaintd (although he only does this at 5/10) will sit alone at like 6 tables, and will NEVER play anyone. Same thing w/ a bunch of 10/20 doofballs.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is the deal with that guy? I've never played him yet he won't play me if I sit at one of his 6,129 HU tables.

Also, I agree 100% with your first sentence.

ceczar 06-19-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on ftp if you sit at a HU table and the other sits out, he will be booted from the table after a few minutes so.... just sit down and take the table from him

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this strategy. unfortunately if you do this people get all pissy at you. the person who doesn't want to play should be the one who is obligated to get up. PimpOwnage wouldn't play me last night because i'm "too tight" (WTF?? i'm a loose calling station donkey who was already on tilt, if you're waiting for someone who's looser you're really only willing to play the low stakes fish taking shots to double up their rolls) and then demanded that i leave all of his tables.

i don't think anyone is obligated to play anyone else HU, but the attitude that certain regulars take about this is really annoying. and seriously, i've lost a decent amount of money playing 10/20 HU on FTP this year, how is it possible there are regulars that don't welcome my action?

Ship Ship McGipp 06-19-2007 12:03 PM

one time i sat with kaintd with 677.50.... [censored] it didn't work..

Boosted J 06-19-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this strategy. unfortunately if you do this people get all pissy at you. the person who doesn't want to play should be the one who is obligated to get up. PimpOwnage wouldn't play me last night because i'm "too tight" (WTF?? i'm a loose calling station donkey who was already on tilt, if you're waiting for someone who's looser you're really only willing to play the low stakes fish taking shots to double up their rolls) and then demanded that i leave all of his tables.

i don't think anyone is obligated to play anyone else HU, but the attitude that certain regulars take about this is really annoying. and seriously, i've lost a decent amount of money playing 10/20 HU on FTP this year, how is it possible there are regulars that don't welcome my action?

[/ QUOTE ]

PM me for my AIM and you can AIM me whenever you want action from a regular =) "You're up a lot vs. me HU lifetime, how is it possible that you don't welcome my action?"

jsnipes28 06-19-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he also happens to be the biggest winner in midstakes HU games, coincidence?

in regards to clogging up tables: when the number of tables are limited I think it is perfectly reasonable to sit in and force the other person to be booted if they refuse to play or give you a table to sit on.

through 10/20, I realize this isn't the subject of this post, when tables are unlimited, I think it is just a dick move to sit in against other regs who obv dont wan't to play you and force them off of their tables. they are uncapped for a reason, so just sit at a few of your own.

cts 06-19-2007 12:31 PM

someone needs to get in touch with FTP and have them uncap the higher tables -- I remember 25/50HU was capped until the Boosted/JMan match and FTPSean uncapped em like it was no big deal

raptor517 06-19-2007 01:26 PM

i am really annoyed when there is someone sitting every single table, but then will sit out when anyone sits in against them. all they do is sit there eating up all the tables so the fish is forced to play them. i dont have any problem at all with forcing them to sit out. if they get mad, thats their own fault, they are the ones sitting out, not you. so just jump every single one of their tables and make them look like punks. easy.

fsuplayer 06-19-2007 01:32 PM

once again, im with raptor on this.

gehrig 06-19-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am really annoyed when there is someone sitting every single table, but then will sit out when anyone sits in against them. all they do is sit there eating up all the tables so the fish is forced to play them. i dont have any problem at all with forcing them to sit out. if they get mad, thats their own fault, they are the ones sitting out, not you. so just jump every single one of their tables and make them look like punks. easy.

[/ QUOTE ]
i play hu lhe, and i do this all the time. it used to work out great, the guy either left or he got angry and tilted and played me

now the other guy will usually play his button and then leave, which puts me on megatilt [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

GTL 06-19-2007 01:59 PM

pokerroom allows anyone to create a table for nearly any game, at nearly any limit. you can also make private games that require a password to sit in. that was pretty sweet. i don't understand why you wouldn't allow players to create their own tables.

El Diablo 06-19-2007 02:59 PM

All,

"the person who doesn't want to play should be the one who is obligated to get up."

Seems like everyone here pretty much agrees on the obviously correct answer. If you're willing to play, sit at as many tables as you want waiting for all comers. If not, get the f off the table.

DonButtons 06-19-2007 07:16 PM

I witnessed this. uridanger and perky playing nl 40000. perky agrees to play higher. automatically grimstarr sits down in every nl 60000 table to get perky lol. he does.

06-20-2007 12:51 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Donkey-Milker 06-20-2007 01:03 AM

imo this whole thread is about Grimstarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i haven't seen him play a hand at $200/$400 or $300/$600 for over 3 months.... yet he still sits and then sits out.

what a joke of a player. imo - if you're not willing to play MOST of the players at your stakes HU then you shouldn't join an empty tablr - just join when the fish is sitting.

also... what do these guys do when they are sitting out? watch the rail chat about them? pop zits?

Daliman 06-20-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is extremely lame when there are four or five guys sitting alone at 25-50 heads-up and not one of them will play me or any of the others.

One of these days I will start sitting at every table. Am I bitter? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Game selection is lame?

The Gift Of Gab 06-20-2007 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Game selection is lame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only when it's practiced on me.

creedofhubris 06-20-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game selection is lame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only when it's practiced on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it's time to borrow someone else's account.

Or get a new nickname like "noatalma".

HEK 06-20-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaintd is slightly better than breakeven....far from the biggest winner anywhere.

dd323 06-20-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaintd is slightly better than breakeven....far from the biggest winner anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

He must datamine alot or something, because he has never even played a single hand with me and still won't play me. And I'm not even very good, in all honesty.

PHiLLeDINGUE 06-22-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

"the person who doesn't want to play should be the one who is obligated to get up."

Seems like everyone here pretty much agrees on the obviously correct answer. If you're willing to play, sit at as many tables as you want waiting for all comers. If not, get the fhock off the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Lurker. 06-22-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i play hu lhe, and i do this all the time. it used to work out great, the guy either left or he got angry and tilted and played me

now the other guy will usually play his button and then leave, which puts me on megatilt [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
this makes no sense...unless they play the first hand right when you sit down. Otherwise whoever is sitting out is in the bb first.

MagicNinja 06-24-2007 05:38 AM

annoys me that when there are 3 25/50 regs all waiting for opponents, and all won't play each other (and i won't play some, some won't play me, whatever), they have 5 tables open each. I mean its not a big deal, since I can just fire up 5 tables as well. But its stupid to have 5 empty tables open just to 'counter' this bs. This happens on all sites. I think grimstarr originally invented the technique.