Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   No more Jman on Cardrunners? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495398)

bazookajoe 09-06-2007 10:21 PM

No more Jman on Cardrunners?

From Jman's blog:

PS - Thanks to everyone at CR who continues to read and support me. To answer a question that I keep getting:

At this time, it looks like I won't be making another CR video. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to work anything out and it looks like we probably won't.

Hey Taylor, what's the deal with Jman? I thought his video was great.

Poker monkey 09-06-2007 10:23 PM

Re: No more Jman on Cardrunners?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I thought his vid was one of the top 2 or 3 on the site.

plzbenice 09-06-2007 10:24 PM

yeah me too, one of the best videos.

calm nice voice, some very good points, very good overall impression.

tylerg 09-06-2007 10:26 PM

[Unfortunately, we haven't been able to work anything out and it looks like we probably won't.]

cash moves everything around us

Bakes 09-06-2007 10:27 PM

CMEAU get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all.

SharpObject 09-06-2007 10:39 PM

LOL

But seriously, this is a tragedy.

TianYuan 09-06-2007 10:42 PM

Aww, was a nice vid :[

inverted 09-06-2007 10:47 PM

He should post free ones on 2p2 (:

Whitewash 09-06-2007 10:56 PM

We're stuck with more Muddy videos now probably, YAY

Phresh 09-06-2007 11:00 PM

Damnit, his video was awesome. I eagerly checked the site for his latest one.

Boobies4meNme 09-06-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're stuck with more Muddy videos now probably, YAY

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMFT [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AceCR9 09-06-2007 11:01 PM

fire aba, and with that money hire Jman and bring Jeff back.

Teh1337zor 09-06-2007 11:04 PM

A jman hu video would be worth a subscription by itself his first vid was so good

AggroFish 09-06-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, dont be suprised if you have problems loggin in.

BackedUp 09-06-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my vote for post of the year

snagglepuss 09-06-2007 11:13 PM

jman's thought processes are beyond the scope of cardrunners.

realjaydub 09-06-2007 11:22 PM

I'd rather watch Taylors videos of him getting powned heads up...

"ah, well this guy is agressive"

Bukem_ 09-06-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would get better content, and more vids.

Membership would immediately drop though.

David LoPan 09-06-2007 11:30 PM

cardrunners is hella gay

jman is sick tho, the dudes who run cardrunners are tools though so what did u expect?

tagtastic 09-06-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I thought his vid was one of the top 1 on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

muxplust 09-06-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed, I thought his vid was one of the top 1 on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

LucidDream 09-06-2007 11:41 PM

There haven't been too many good NL vids on there lately. Phil's was the last good one I remember and it was really really good. It really sucks he isn't making anymore and hopefully that isn't set in stone.

JJBuffone 09-06-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!!

mrjetguy 09-07-2007 12:04 AM

It seems like everytime someone asks about cardrunners people give crazy praise for it, but then there is a thread like this. What's the deal?

ColdDecker333 09-07-2007 12:36 AM

Bye Bye CR subscription.

tagtastic 09-07-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like everytime someone asks about cardrunners people give crazy praise for it, but then there is a thread like this. What's the deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

CR is great. They've made a ton of really good videos in the past that have helped many of us (including myself) become a better poker player for a ridiculously good value.

However, lately their NLHE vids have become a bit stale imo. Jman's vid was a breath of fresh air, both with a different perspective on how to play, and because he's so well spoken and clearly explains his thoughts. Not that most of the other CR pros are unintelligible, Jman's vid was just exceptionally well done - it just raised the bar.

I think this hate for CR in this thread is simply because there's been no agreement made for new jman vids to be made. Plus the ppl who just hate CR for whatever reason found a thread to vent where they probably won't get flamed for it.

For me personally, I've been a CR member for almost as long as they've been making videos. I've never contemplated canceling my subscription until lately, due to the lack of high quality NLHE vids. If Jman was a full CR pro making videos a couple times a month, I wouldn't be thinking this way at all.

You don't stay on top by just going through the motions, and that's what it feels like CR has been doing lately.

Micturition Man 09-07-2007 01:03 AM

I think my only CR viewing experience was 1/2 of a rugby video, but it's not really surprising to hear that some people think that their videos are getting stale.

I mean how deep really is NL theory at the level of actual players?

I read Jman's article on J-bucks a while ago and thought it was excellent and actually the best player-written strategy article I have read on NL, but even he was clearly unaware of and/or uninterested in some basic game theory concepts that could have allowed him to go even deeper.

I think the CR model of selling poker strategy is clearly limited then. Fortunately for them the overhead is so low they probably need pretty few subscribers to stay afloat.

Eagles 09-07-2007 01:12 AM

I hear Jman is starting his own website. www.bannanathief.com

Whitewash 09-07-2007 01:14 AM

Well said, Tagtastic. I've been a CR member for several months now and feel the same exact way about the current state of CR, particularly their NL videos.

ChicagoRy 09-07-2007 01:17 AM

Their HUSNGs are pretty weak, I know there's not a huge demand for them compared to the demand for their other content, but I thought Aaron Been's video was a step in the right direction. Unfortunately that was months ago and they haven't had another since.

LucidDream 09-07-2007 01:19 AM

I agree 100% w/ tagtastic. I am a big fan of CR and think for $25 you can't go wrong. I would honestly pay more if I had to to keep Phil on. His first video was so amazing you would think he had made 100 previous ones.

The NL videos have been pretty stagnant lately w/ the exception of Phil's. As a MSNL reg I don't take that much out of most of the videos anymore but his was the exception. I have been a CR member since almost the beginning and they have come a very long way but I really think they need to step up here and do whatever it takes to make this happen.

AceCR9 09-07-2007 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, dont be suprised if you have problems loggin in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll be ok, lol.

Jeff's vids were the only MTT videos I watched, and even though there wern't a ton of HS MTT vids I did learn some stuff, even tho I consider myself a good donkament player.

brian(aba20) videos just didn't do it for me, even though they were at a limit where I have played a bit in the past, but is currently a level above me. Jman's instantly got me thinking(kinda like Taylors old videos did for me)- not copying his style, but how to adjust mine to improve my success. both are great players, but I think Jman might be a better teacher.

I will never cancel my subscription, because w/o them I would have never gotten close to where I am/have been in the past. $25/month is a great deal for what they offer. Unless your at 5/10+ and a solid winner then CRers has plenty to offer you and will improve your game. anyone who thinks differently probably sucks at poker and is never going to get far

bazookajoe 09-07-2007 01:39 AM

How much can Jman cost for 1 hr of his time? Serious question. It can't be that much, maybe 3K? I would think that CR pulls in quite a bit each month, and definitely enough to keep guys like Jman around.

realjaydub 09-07-2007 01:42 AM

CR doesn't pull down as much as people think imo....Like everything in Poker, it will eventually fold.

AggroFish 09-07-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Jeff's vids were the only MTT videos I watched, and even though there wern't a ton of HS MTT vids I did learn some stuff, even tho I consider myself a good donkament player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really liked the actionjeff videos. I think the site is def. worth the $25 a month even if for Taylors old videos which really get you to think. My credit card expired and I never updated the information on CR so my subscription lapsed a few months ago...so I have no idea how the current videos are.

ActionFreak 09-07-2007 01:57 AM

is the jman video still posted? don't see it

Boobies4meNme 09-07-2007 02:22 AM

The lowdown on CR is that the SSNL videos are stale as hell, muddy's are stale and the last couple by aba actually haven't been his best. GP's are usually right on the money and ABA's usually are too. Muddy's latest 2 have been better. But then theres been some garbage ones with Tufat and some other guys who say "ship it holla" in english accents while check raising all in with 23o saying "standard". CR subscrip canceled is what's standard.

ASPoker8 09-07-2007 02:28 AM

Jman and ActionJeff videos are so far ahead in quality its ridiculous

It really sucks to see that the two best video-makers are no longer active with CR.

AaronBeen and Menlo videos are also very good, but the JMan video was fantastic and ActionJeff videos were far and away the best.

tufat23 09-07-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The lowdown on CR is that the SSNL videos are stale as hell, muddy's are stale and the last couple by aba actually haven't been his best. GP's are usually right on the money and ABA's usually are too. Muddy's latest 2 have been better. But then theres been some garbage ones with Tufat and some other guys who say "ship it holla" in english accents while check raising all in with 23o saying "standard". CR subscrip canceled is what's standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

nit

Alexos 09-07-2007 03:26 AM

I must agree hearing "ship it" in english accent is super annoying, for some reason.

Sry Tufat, i liked ur vids tho:)