Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   TPTK BvB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558274)

Profish2285 11-30-2007 09:33 PM

TPTK BvB

Villain runs at 37/15/9. He has a flop aggro of 17 and a raise c-bet of 35 so you have an idea of his aggression. I have seen him donk b/3b with a fd.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">SB ($137.40)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($54.50)</font>
UTG ($69.10)
MP ($60.55)
Button ($49)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($3.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero....

losingdonkey 11-30-2007 09:38 PM

Re: TPTK BvB

3bet this preflop. As played I'm realy unsure. If he's doing this with flushdraws and a bunch of other hands I'd consider 3betting the flop and calling a shove.

Profish2285 11-30-2007 09:57 PM

I dont really 3 bet much pf in this situation, I like calling and taking flops. I also think in general AJ is a bad hand to 3 bet as it has RIO written all over it.

losingdonkey 11-30-2007 10:00 PM

Maybe in general, but think of his range when folded to in the SB. I think 3betting here is standard, as it makes the hand easier to play, he folds often enough, and if he calls, his range is narrowed.

Profish2285 11-30-2007 10:02 PM

Im not sure why we would want to narrow his range down. I also dont really agree that his range gets narrowed much at all if we raise, this guy probably calls with most of his range in a BvB situation, he seems like a hyper aggro idiot.

ceavou22 11-30-2007 10:08 PM

You can loosen 3-betting standards BVB, most of the time these over aggro won't believe your 3-bet and call with alot worse than AJ.

If you just call obv you miss 2/3 of flops and an agrro player will just take pot away from you most of the time.

As played I think I flat and chk/call most turn cards.

Profish2285 11-30-2007 10:15 PM

When I flat in position here, I dont just fold to every flop I miss. I do float and bluff/raise depending on board and villain. Not really interested in pf though, more curious how you guys would play it once you get to this point. The problem with calling here is that he could have a gutshot or he could have a diamond draw just as easily as he could have two pair or whatever.

ceavou22 11-30-2007 10:37 PM

I think alot of his range is just random air and some gutshot type hands as you say. So I think we will extract best vs his range by just chk/calling and using TP as a bluff catcher. No real need to protect imo.

Profish2285 11-30-2007 10:40 PM

Assuming we call the flop, what are your plans for t/r when either a blank hits or a diamond hits, or even a king?

ceavou22 11-30-2007 10:57 PM

Not to worried about diamonds as we're HU. I think most cards are fine to chk/call turn on for reasons above.

If turn goes chk/chk I would call a river bet, except probably a K and PSB together.

River is more interesting if he double barrels turn and river. I prob find a fold on river if this happens regardless of the card as its such a strong line by him.

Profish2285 11-30-2007 11:05 PM

If I just call a turn bet I am pretty much committed to the river. At that point a reasonable bet would be around 15 or more, but lets assume the lower bet size. 15+9.75+1.75 = 26.50. So I am putting in over 1/2 my stack on the by the turn and there is no folding a river to this guy. I am also going to say its fairly safe to assume he will be betting most of his range on the turn. So if this is the assumption we will be making, I think this comes down to either just folding here, shoving flop, or calling flop and shoving turn. I think folding against this guy is obviously pretty damn weak so its between shoving flop and shoving turn. The benefits of shoving flop is that it gives me the most protection and he will probably pay off with any top pair hand. The downside of course is that he folds his air hands and probably mid pair. The positive to shoving turn is that I get paid much more from his range usually as I allow him to double barrel air and mid pair hands. The downside is that I am giving him free shots to draw and there is a chance that he slows down assuming a scare card hits the board.

Cueballmania 11-30-2007 11:15 PM

I didn't read any of the responses. How many hands you have on the villian is pretty important. I 3-bet preflop a fair bit here, but calling is fine against someone who likes to build pots. On the flop, I'd check behind. No use building a big pot WA/WB.

Altreg 12-01-2007 03:25 AM

I think 3bet flop versus this type of player is best option

As played,cold call hes raise -its less EV option

You should raise hem 2like 27bb and put it allin on turn or CRAI on that flop

Profish2285 12-01-2007 11:21 AM

I dont really like checking behind this flop and I dont think this is a wa/wb situation either. I think he could have a fairly wide range of hands here so Im not sure why you think a check is optimal. What threw me off is that he went for the c/r when normally he just leads out with his hands. I think a point to mention here again is that he has a very high flop aggro and an extremely high raise c-bet. While I didnt c bet here, it still indicates his overall aggression. I read a thread a while back talking about stats like this and it stated that someone with a raise c bet of 15 you should start to bluff more and someone with a raise c bet of 20 you should start to get alot more comfortable getting your chips in. It is for this reason that I think a 3b/shove here could be optimal.

Unknown Soldier 12-01-2007 11:56 AM

getting it in here is fine, but i think calling and getting it in on any turn is better. You get more value from his air, which i imagine wouldn't be an insignificant portion of his range.

please don't check behind on the flop