Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO Coaching (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526846)

Ansky 10-19-2007 08:52 PM

PLO Coaching

Hi all,

I am really interested in getting premium PLO coaching (not just random guys who can beat 1/2 plo please), especially anyone who can beat 10/20 plo and up in the current FTP/Stars games.

I play almost exclusively NL cash, mostly 6m and HU, and have tried dabbling in PLO as I hardly ever get action in NL and if I do it's from better players. Basically, it has come to my attention that I am terrible at PLO, and I really want to be able to add PLO games to my sessions.

If there is a listing of PLO coaches, or if any are interested please contact me. I would be willing to trade NL/ MTT coaching.

Troll_Inc 10-19-2007 10:07 PM

Re: PLO Coaching

Why would someone at the 10/20 games teach you how to beat their games? (Hi, I have a old beat up 1987 Toyota Celica I'd like to trade for your 2006 Lexus.)

BTW, I'd recommend RoundTower.

Praetor 10-19-2007 11:29 PM

because he will pay them

Troll_Inc 10-19-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
because he will pay them

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL that you can't read.

Ansky 10-20-2007 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
because he will pay them to beat his games

[/ QUOTE ]

(or in money, lots of it)

DLizzle 10-20-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
especially anyone who can beat 10/20 plo and up in the current FTP/Stars games.

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point there aren't very many people qualified to do this, and you already know a good percentage of the people who can. Personally I think I could but I couldn't back it up with sufficient results from those sites. Also I would be a terrible coach. cts would prob be your best bet I think.

I have no idea what Troll's analogy means though.

chucky 10-20-2007 12:25 AM

Troll's point is that offering a PLO player tips on how to beat 10/20 NLHE or MTTs in return for coaching on beating PLO 10/20 is a very unequal trade. Considering all the available resources it should be easier for a PLO player to transition successfully to NLHE than vice versa. Therefore PLO coaching should be more valuable.

Personally, I find troll's analogy a bit off. I prefer to see it as trading a 1000 square ft apt on 5th avenue in manhattan (PLO knowledge) for a 1,500 square ft house in queens (NLHE). Sure the house in queens is nice and you have space, but the apartment on 5th avenue is prime real estate.

SteveL91 10-20-2007 02:20 AM

I think there's one or two coaches listed on the MSNL coaching list that offer PLO. You might want to send an inquiry to 3-bet.net. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth, but I know some of their coaches also play PLO at the stakes you're looking for.

From personal experience, I can also recommend RoundTower. He plays the stakes you do, and is very good at explaining his thoughts on a hand. I've sent him a couple hands/situations that gave me trouble and his responses have always been incredibly thorough. And what I like the most is his willingness to actually say when he doesn't know, or isn't sure about something.

Parlay Slow 10-20-2007 07:22 AM

I haven't play 10/20 and higher online, but I think I would be a good PLO coach.

pete fabrizio 10-20-2007 07:25 AM

Honestly I think the only person who posts here that I would trust to coach is Roundtower.

SuperSnort 10-20-2007 10:38 AM

or me ? not really, but just get loads of hands under your belt at lower limits if need be and try and pick up the beginnings of the game then get coaching, being the person you are i expect that you could pick up the game if you played a lot of hands, and maybe just read over some PLO sections in books

Ansky 10-20-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or me ? not really, but just get loads of hands under your belt at lower limits if need be and try and pick up the beginnings of the game then get coaching, being the person you are i expect that you could pick up the game if you played a lot of hands, and maybe just read over some PLO sections in books

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there any good PLO books?

I feel like there are literally 0 books that are good for modern 6 max internet NLHE.

(fwiw, I'd be most interested in shorthanded plo)

chucky 10-20-2007 01:55 PM

This question comes up way too often. The only books that people will mention are written by Ciaffone, Reuben, and Slotboom. None of those books are given the type of respect that is generally given to PNL or HoH in holdem.

Ansky 10-20-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This question comes up way too often. The only books that people will mention are written by Ciaffone, Reuben, and Slotboom. None of those books are given the type of respect that is generally given to PNL or HoH in holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

well HoH is absoutely terrible, and beleive me I love the fact that so many ppl read it.

pete fabrizio 10-20-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well HoH is absoutely terrible, and beleive me I love the fact that so many ppl read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no good PLO books, unless you want to be a short-stacker.

jbird 10-20-2007 03:18 PM

I think CMYR would be a great coach, although I doubt he'd be interested in this deal.

Elrazor 10-21-2007 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any good PLO books?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive only read SS2 and slotboom, but i dont think either really covers all aspects of the game that well. i would have loved the slotboom book if he had elaborated more on his deep stack play. Fwiw, i think HoH is a great beginners book for all forms of poker