Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK vs mod, I have very aggro image and we're deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538265)

McRoNiX 11-04-2007 03:29 PM

KK vs mod, I have very aggro image and we\'re deep

This is a hand against Orange. I've got him running about 27/22/3.6, but we havn't played together much. I've been running hot on this table for the last half hour or so, and have run over a few of the players countless times but only showing down big hands.
Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $520
UTG+1: $98
CO: $381.30
Button: $69.96
SB: $436.65
BB: $395

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($26, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $17</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $43</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $128</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($282, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $300.65</font>, Hero folds

Do I have to just fold or raise this flop? Wasn't sure whether the amount of hands I had been playing would influence his play, and wasnt sure what he had after he led out and then 3bet (I'd maybe shove this at 100bbs). But I think flop call is bad by me. Any input?

kekedarius 11-04-2007 03:37 PM

Re: KK vs mod, I have very aggro image and we\'re deep

I shove this flop.

McRoNiX 11-04-2007 03:38 PM

For 220 BBs?

thac 11-04-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For 220 BBs?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you calling for? Waiting for a blank? he 3-bet you, he doesn't have air. If you wanna get it in, shove flop.

spivey 11-04-2007 03:42 PM

Fold the flop when he 3bets.

McRoNiX 11-04-2007 03:43 PM

I know, calling is bad, I guess I thought he was making a play but couldn't pull the trigger. Wanted to see what others would do

orange 11-04-2007 03:44 PM

you guys are seriously shoving this flop? lol...

thac 11-04-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it's better than calling. I'd prob fold because we're not ahead of much when you 3-bet us.

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 03:47 PM

Seriously this deep a flop call is best here. Not many hands that you beat here that will call a flop raise. I would go for pot control on the flop and maybe make somewhere on the way a raise, or just call down. It just sucks to play big pots with hands like this on boards like this, this deep vs players like orange.

Rollos 11-04-2007 03:47 PM

I call flop and probably call a turn bet and fold river unimproved. I don't know spot sucks since orange can bluff you with a large range.

Unknown Soldier 11-04-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DaycareInferno 11-04-2007 03:52 PM

you have to kind of expect that you're going to get 3bet when a reasonable player donks into you in that scenario. i just call the flop bet also.

Mossberg 11-04-2007 03:53 PM

I haven't ever played against orange, but I would guess you are in pretty bad shape when he takes this line -- I think it's best to just let it go.

Noam Chomsky 11-04-2007 03:55 PM

i'd almost never raise this flop here without some serious history

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 03:56 PM

id say not raising orange here on the flop. Anyone agree? Because what the hell is paying us off here this deep.

Oh and im not being results orientated here.

Unknown Soldier 11-04-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd almost never raise this flop here without some serious history

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah raisings bad

orange 11-04-2007 04:00 PM

for those who don't know, AP has a max buyin of 200bbs on all tables and OP and I are semi familiar with each other. these AP games are a whole diff dynamic than the regular 100bb games.

spivey 11-04-2007 04:00 PM

I think everyone agrees for the most part about not raising the flop. It's awful. I wouldn't even raise with it being a 2-tone board.

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for those who don't know, AP has a max buyin of 200bbs on all tables and OP and I are semi familiar with each other. these AP games are a whole diff dynamic than the regular 100bb games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Iv been playing there for a while and the hardest part is playing these hands, and getting lots of action with it vs certain players. There are some crazy guys who use the 200BB thing to make crazy bluffs tho. But vs a player like you i dont expect much value in raising this flop here since theres not much what we beat and that you want to continue with OOP, because playing big pots OOP in deepstack games is the devil imo. I would call and evaluate turn and river.

McRoNiX 11-04-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone agrees for the most part about not raising the flop. It's awful. I wouldn't even raise with it being a 2-tone board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I think I overplay overpairs a lot, which is the reason for this post!

Say I just call flop and the turn puts a 4 straight, orange bets out big. Insta muck?

spivey 11-04-2007 04:06 PM

Instamuck.

orange 11-04-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Iv been playing there for a while and the hardest part is playing these hands, and getting lots of action with it vs certain players. There are some crazy guys who use the 200BB thing to make crazy bluffs tho. But vs a player like you i dont expect much value in raising this flop here since theres not much what we beat and that you want to continue with OOP, because playing big pots OOP in deepstack games is the devil imo. I would call and evaluate turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]
OP had the best hand

terp 11-04-2007 04:10 PM

orange is neither a nit nor a retard and his range includes all kinds of hands that have you crushed, have you flipping and have you WA.

he's not afraid to play the entire range the same way and make giant moves. the difficult part is deciding his frequencies for having each segment of this range....

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OP had the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah thats obvious, but what are you calling his raise with that he beats? A T , maybe a 9, but there are smarter ways to extract from a 9, and some draws. If i cbet here and get raised, Im done with ALOT of hands, and i will probably move allin with a hand like TT or 9T. So thats why i think raising for value is too thin, and there are better ways to play this hand.

Shizzle12345 11-04-2007 04:20 PM

Also lol@ ur bad table selection. 2 shorties, and one good reg = leave table unless there are 2 uberfishes, at that site.

orange 11-05-2007 09:27 PM

sry, i promised to give OP the results, i had A8dd and he folded.

thac 11-05-2007 09:28 PM

Sickooooo

dragonystic 11-05-2007 09:31 PM

A8? were you tilting hard or something?

orange 11-05-2007 09:32 PM

no.