Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   No I'm not leaving Your HU table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482674)

leatherass 08-21-2007 01:52 AM

No I\'m not leaving Your HU table

Seriously what gives with everyone thinking that they can just have their own little personal heads up match with some fish at your 9max table. I'm sorry but just because you sat and some fish sat doesn't make him all yours. If anyone asks me to leave the table I will absolutely refuse. If you want to play HU there are some 5/10 tables that are HU only or you can got to Full Tilt or UB. Does anyone disagree with me on this? Should people be able to type in, "Hey leather it's HU" and expect me to leave? And if I don't I'm a jerk? I mean I am posing this question as if I am the only one who gets asked these things. I am speaking for everyone on this matter actually.

BTW if this is the wrong forum I'm sorry.

Wolverine 08-21-2007 01:55 AM

Re: No I\'m not leaving Your HU table

[ ] News
[ ] Views
[ ] Gossip

sightless 08-21-2007 01:56 AM

if both of them say its hu you leave... if only one says its fine:/

steel108 08-21-2007 01:56 AM

I would think you were a prick if you made this statement prior to Stars implementing HU tables, but now I can't see how people can complain anymore. If the fish and villan both want HU, they could simply move to a HU table. End thread.

DesperadoGM 08-21-2007 02:03 AM

it might be important for them to keep thier stacks sometimes.
if both say its hu then leave esp if there are other tables to play....
if not then stay

FoxwoodsFiend 08-21-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] News
[X] Views
[ ] Gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

easiest FYP ever?

lippy 08-21-2007 02:05 AM

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

FoxwoodsFiend 08-21-2007 02:08 AM

i think if both players ask for HU and there are other games going you should respect the requests. if it's one good player asking to keep a fish HU it's obviously different but sometimes players develop a grudge or want to see if they can beat each other and then it's just really rude to deprive them of that match.

telling them to go to the HU tables doesn't work because the reg might have a legit fear that the fish will just leave once he closes the table once he has a chance to reconsider (it happens) and sometimes people want to preserve their stacks as a key part of their match (try being stuck 5 buyins to a fish when you both have 5 buy-in stacks...it's obviously way different from playing 100BB HU)

Boredom 08-21-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ ] News
[X] Views
[ ] Gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

easiest FYP ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

leatherass 08-21-2007 02:10 AM

I think you make some good points here FWF.

HEK 08-21-2007 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you make some good points here FWF.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul 08-21-2007 02:15 AM

wow leatherass, you make some intriguing and original points! i'm so glad you came along!

straate 08-21-2007 02:21 AM

if both request HU its diff

if fish says nothing and other player says HU obv its ok

leatherass 08-21-2007 02:23 AM

FWF the only problem I have with this is that no game ever breaks if there is a fish. So what must've happened is that the player sat and then a fish came along. I assume this is the reason he sat in the first place was in hoped of this happening. So why in the hell doesn't this person just go to FTP or Ub where heads up play is offered if he is so intent on finding a fish and getting him HU? Why should he get to take a full ring table and call it his own?

Micturition Man 08-21-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously what gives with everyone thinking that they can just have their own little personal heads up match with some fish at your 9max table. I'm sorry but just because you sat and some fish sat doesn't make him all yours. If anyone asks me to leave the table I will absolutely refuse. If you want to play HU there are some 5/10 tables that are HU only or you can got to Full Tilt or UB. Does anyone disagree with me on this? Should people be able to type in, "Hey leather it's HU" and expect me to leave? And if I don't I'm a jerk? I mean I am posing this question as if I am the only one who gets asked these things. I am speaking for everyone on this matter actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were not a shortstacker I would have more sympathy for you. But sitting down with 20 BB when two guys are in the middle of a 200 BB heads up match is annoying as hell.

But in general if it's just the good player who wants HU and the fish doesn't care, obv the good player has no right to demand it.

mrTEA 08-21-2007 02:45 AM

If the reg is stuck a lot I'll just leave him and the other guy hu because I know I'd want the same. I [censored] hate tilting and having another guy jump in your game when you're stuck. I probably shouldn't expect people to do the same though.

leatherass 08-21-2007 02:45 AM

Dude everyone needs to stop it with the short stacking. let me tell you guys something that hopefully will help you understand my situation as well as make you realize that I am the opposite of a hit and run money scamming guy. First off I play appr.3% or less of my poker short stacking. It sure as hell isn't because I'm not any good at it or don't make a lot of money doing it. I actually make way more by short stacking big games than by playing $600 -$2k nl. I have a goal and everyone can LOL about it it doesn't bother me, of becoming one of the best players in the world. So the reason I play a ton of poker full stacked at mid/high limits is to become the best I can be and work my way up )hopefully) to becoming a winner at the nosebleeds. I sure as hell will never get there by short stacking. However, and I have blogged about it a bunch, I am trying to get Elite on Stars. I began with 0 VPP's on April 11th and now have over 500k and have an excellent chance of becoming Elite by year's end. I set out for this gaol on April 11th and have a mini follwing I guess you could say in my blog and I update my Status on it every time I blog. Now occasioanlly after like 5 million hours straight of playing I just need a little mental break and I short stack and listen to some tunes. It gives me a little break when i am meantally fired from REAL POKER (thought you guys would like that one) and still allows me to get a bunch of VPP's.

So no I am not a "shortstacker" Quite the opposite in fact. How many of you guys would give up extra monay to improve your game? How many of you guys would sacrafice putting your feet up, listening to tunes, playing an easy strategy and making more money just to reach a goal of becoming the best?

demon102 08-21-2007 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ ] News
[X] Views
[ ] Gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

easiest FYP ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

qft since the new hu tables at stars no dought

Micturition Man 08-21-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude everyone needs to stop it with the short stacking. let me tell you guys something that hopefully will help you understand my situation as well as make you realize that I am the opposite of a hit and run money scamming guy. First off I play appr.3% or less of my poker short stacking. It sure as hell isn't because I'm not any good at it or don't make a lot of money doing it. I actually make way more by short stacking big games than by playing $600 -$2k nl. I have a goal and everyone can LOL about it it doesn't bother me, of becoming one of the best players in the world. So the reason I play a ton of poker full stacked at mid/high limits is to become the best I can be and work my way up )hopefully) to becoming a winner at the nosebleeds. I sure as hell will never get there by short stacking. However, and I have blogged about it a bunch, I am trying to get Elite on Stars. I began with 0 VPP's on April 11th and now have over 500k and have an excellent chance of becoming Elite by year's end. I set out for this gaol on April 11th and have a mini follwing I guess you could say in my blog and I update my Status on it every time I blog. Now occasioanlly after like 5 million hours straight of playing I just need a little mental break and I short stack and listen to some tunes. It gives me a little break when i am meantally fired from REAL POKER (thought you guys would like that one) and still allows me to get a bunch of VPP's.

So no I am not a "shortstacker" Quite the opposite in fact. How many of you guys would give up extra monay to improve your game? How many of you guys would sacrafice putting your feet up, listening to tunes, playing an easy strategy and making more money just to reach a goal of becoming the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

FoxwoodsFiend 08-21-2007 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

for real. that post is just bizarre

RikaKazak 08-21-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if both of them say its hu you leave... if only one says its fine:/

[/ QUOTE ]

yep

leatherass 08-21-2007 03:26 AM

What is so bizarre about it? People always give me crap bc I short stack on occasion and so I was just explaining.

emil3000 08-21-2007 03:26 AM

What a shocker, the guy playing 180k hands a month is a weird one...

leatherass 08-21-2007 03:30 AM

Whoops...Meant to say Everyone needs to stop it with the short stacking COMENTS (i.e. the ones that make fun of me like I am a regular short stacker).

Thremp 08-21-2007 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoops...Meant to say Everyone needs to stop it with the short stacking COMENTS (i.e. the ones that make fun of me like I am a regular short stacker).

[/ QUOTE ]

Choo Choo?

xker17x 08-21-2007 04:02 AM

if one player requests heads up and the other doesnt its fine to play if they both sit out and wait for u obv just leave and dont return if they both say HU plz just leave thast all there is to it if u wanna be super rude then ignore them and make them move or whatever but if u wanna do the most right thing then leave if both sit out and dont return or just leave if both say HU plz its that simple

lumber44 08-21-2007 04:13 AM

Obv steal blind situation

straate 08-21-2007 05:27 AM

lol leather u just went off like crazy

kurosh 08-21-2007 05:57 AM

LOL you [censored] liar. I see you shortstacking at least 80% of the time. Before about 2 weeks ago, it was 100%

Ansky 08-21-2007 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL you [censored] liar. I see you shortstacking at least 80% of the time. Before about 2 weeks ago, it was 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

unlucky4me 08-21-2007 06:33 AM

I set out for this gaol on April 11th and have a mini follwing

But he has a mini following. Not that theres anything wrong with that

leatherass 08-21-2007 06:53 AM

I did huh?...lol. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I do that sometimes

fsuplayer 08-21-2007 07:50 AM

ohhhhhh, so you're one of the nice shortstackers? nm then.

mastr 08-21-2007 10:58 AM

I think you're so wrong on this leatherass, but that's also just cuz i'm prejudiced from being a player that's had to stop a hu match cuz of you when i was 300 deep. FWF really said it best though, if both people say hu, respect it, if not, play.

Jazzy3113 08-21-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ ] News
[X] Views
[ ] Gossip

[/ QUOTE ]

easiest FYP ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

seth14 08-21-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's poker, youre there to make money and playing against people youve never met and will probably never meet. I could give a [censored] less if someone asked me to leave.

wiggs73 08-21-2007 12:23 PM

leatherass,

Haven't read the entire thread, just giving you my .02 on your OP.

I've always had the view that it's unethical for just 1 person to ask for HU and try to give the fish no say-so, so I would say that it has always been fine to play in a 2 handed game if just one person wanted it HU and the other was cool with you playing.

Up until Stars added HU tables, I had the view that if both people wanted it HU, then it was the right thing to do to respect their wishes and let them play HU. Now that Stars has HU tables, this seems ridiculous to me since they could just go play on one of those.

I'm assuming you held your views before Stars added HU tables as well, since you sat at a 5/10 6 max table that I was at after me, the other guy, and 3 people who were sitting out asked you not to sit. That was just a dick move, imo. He ended up quitting me when we couldn't have HU, so basically you gained nothing while costing me potential earnings just to try to idk, prove that you didn't have to respect people that wanted to play HU.

Not an issue any more since the Stars update, but those are my views for what they're worth.

scott2130 08-21-2007 02:16 PM

I think the OP is correct no matter what the players want. They are sitting at table with open seats and anyone has the right to sit down.

When Andy Beal first went to Vegas he was playing heads up with a pro and Ted Forrest called in to see what games where going on. When he heard of this game he showed up and sat down right away. He lost at first but then came back for a big win taking both players money.

They may have complained after the fact but since they didn't make special arraingments ahead of time they couldn't kick him out. Pstars has heads up table so it is not hard to make special arraignments.

So IMO turn off the chat and play as long as they stay.

MassExodus 08-21-2007 02:18 PM

[x] Had chat banned for telling someone who invaded our HU table that i hope their kids die in a bus crash.

TripSearching 08-21-2007 02:52 PM

Anyone who sits in when two people are playing HU against those two people's wishes and buys in with less then half of the table BI should go kill themselves. It sounds like OP fits into this category.