Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL nasty river spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549330)

anthb7210p 11-18-2007 10:15 PM

25NL nasty river spot

Hand is readless, just sat at the table and have never played with villan before. I c/r turn because this seems like a board that villan would float on with any sort of PP, and then lead small on the river to again get value out of 99-QQ, 8x type hands.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $42.45
UTG: $23.55
MP: $14.75
CO: $27.80
BTN: $29.25
Hero (SB): $34.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.40</font>, BB calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.80) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4

River: ($16.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $18</font>

n4rf 11-18-2007 10:21 PM

Re: 25NL nasty river spot

It's possible that villain hit a set. I don't see this as AK since I'd think he'd raise preflop, so I don't think the river is necessarily the problem unless he's doing this with AQ or AJ or something... which is ridiculously unlikely.

As played I would call.

Also, river bet is TINY, that's just asking to be raised.

Schiester 11-18-2007 10:32 PM

He doesn't likely have a better kicker and there is no way I can get away from a FH here.

I might just c/c this river though as you aren't getting called by hands that beat you and you are repping the K from the flop onward.

If he flopped a boat, imo he played this very well.

wingchunflush 11-18-2007 10:37 PM

I call here and expect to see AQ or some other Ax hand here quite often alot

Shaqalicious 11-18-2007 10:47 PM

is this really that big of a problem? turbo call.

Aceium 11-18-2007 10:58 PM

I would call here but I would never raise. Nothing seems to "complete" on the river as I can see it. Villan could have hit the ace but we can still beat most hands.

Micro Donk 11-18-2007 11:01 PM

isnt not shoving losing value? we only leave $7 behind when we call, and hes never folding any piece of the board... its small value but...

shooot@04 11-18-2007 11:04 PM

I really dont see how you have a problem not instapushing or snapcalling here

wooziephantom 11-18-2007 11:34 PM

Since this is an unknown this is a call (i think; the thing is unknowns will easily do this with worse kickers, but against a good player ur almost always beat unless he might see ur riverbet as so weak that it's to tempting to raise.. This is a perfect flop to slowplay with a set, and the lead on the turn is a sweet line with a set ... Meh, don't know, u've showed strength the whole way and on the river he doesn't care.. The more I think abt it the more I think ur beat here, but as said above I wud have problems getting away from it against unknown villain...

justhetip 11-18-2007 11:45 PM

Push to get value from k10

Profish2285 11-18-2007 11:58 PM

You push here because youre ahead of his range and calling leaves you 8 dollars left. I dont see the point in putting in 26/34 honestly. I think youre leaving value on the table by doing this. If youre going to take that mindset then just fold, but obviously folding is wrong so push. You bet small to rep weakness and induce the raise Im assuming so now you got what you want and get your stack in there. He can easily have a weaker king here.

wooziephantom 11-19-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You push here because youre ahead of his range and calling leaves you 8 dollars left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually I do value ur input a lot profish. I would like to hear what kind of range u put villain on... This doesn't look like the line villain wud take with a weak king IMO.. And obviously never with ax...