Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Halo 3 Ending possible SPOILER ALERT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510634)

MikeSmith 09-27-2007 12:45 PM

Halo 3 Ending possible SPOILER ALERT

I kept hearing talk about how much better and thought out halo3's ending will be in comparison to halo2. I beat halo3 last night and when it ended i thought "thats it?" For those of you that havent finished it, dont get your hopes up for such a great ending, i guess bungie realized that the real game is in the multiplayer and half assed the campaign for a 2nd time.

2218 09-27-2007 12:53 PM

Re: Halo 3 Ending possible SPOILER ALERT

I finished it on Heroic and heard that Legendary has a different ending. If that's true, which one are you talking about?

In any case, I found a lot of the game was just Halo 1 rehashed. Some of it was deliberate, obviously, but I think they took it too far. Some elements didn't click while I was playing the game; they came the next day. I'm still sorta tying the little tidbits to the main plot to get a cohesive whole.

MikeSmith 09-27-2007 01:04 PM

i finished on heroic, i guess with all the hype any ending probably wouldnt satisfy, its a good thing muliplayer is amazing but i wish they had halo2 maps other than zanzibar

Tokyo!! 09-27-2007 04:18 PM

i thought it was kinda dumb. I don't understand how MC's ship can break in half, yet work enough for the arbiter to make it home safely, but leave MC out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, the "he's not really dead LOL" ending is so cliched. I'd rather them kill him. But I guess they always have to leave it open for Halo 4.

rjoefish 09-27-2007 10:42 PM

I liked the ending as it gives them a chance, if they do make another game, to move to a new story line since he's been so far away for, presumably, a long period time. You're right though, it was pretty cliche and we all saw it coming.

g-bebe 09-27-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought it was kinda dumb. I don't understand how MC's ship can break in half, yet work enough for the arbiter to make it home safely, but leave MC out in the middle of nowhere. Plus, the "he's not really dead LOL" ending is so cliched. I'd rather them kill him. But I guess they always have to leave it open for Halo 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no intention of playing the campaign, if even the game, but the way you said this made me curious. I don't care about spoilers; what are you refering to? Kill who, MC?

Tokyo!! 09-27-2007 11:28 PM

yeah i was referring to killing master chief. he is presumed to have died by the arbiter and the humans. im saying the ending would have been better, it would have been 'truly finished' if he had died. it just sucks that they gotta leave it open to make more $$$$ with halo 4.

as far as being away, didnt several of the early battles take place on Earth? in africa? uhh...

rjoefish 09-27-2007 11:37 PM

Did you pay attention at all? lol, remember the giant portal they went through, the one that cut the ship in half? One of the cut scenes says how far away it is, hence it won't set off all the other Halos and you can see the Milky Way in the sky.

Tokyo!! 09-27-2007 11:50 PM

ya but can half a ship fly SRSLY? I DONT THINK SO!!!>!~!

rjoefish 09-28-2007 12:09 AM

I don't know what you're getting at there. Arbiter's half? It had a bit of momentum I'd assume, and it was in space so it's not like it will fall out of the sky. Also, he got through the portal, which is right by earth so they would see him and go get him. Is that what you're talking about?

2218 09-28-2007 12:13 AM

Yeah, Tokyo, you're not really making much sense. The whole things works. That it's cliched is another matter. I heard, however, that this was the end of the halo line as one cohesive plot. So it doesn't matter a whole lot whether or not he died if this is true.

dibbs 10-01-2007 11:25 PM

I beat in on Heroic and got to the part where you finally get Cortana on Legendary and said [censored] it I'm done.

I think this game a great example of why the big game development houses need to invest in some actual writing talent. Yea Halo has never been about story but this was pretty terrible, and felt rushed and thrown together, which makes sense given how they basically had to restart making the whole game after many months of development with a semi strict release window.

The game felt like a huge rehash of Halo 2 to me, just so many level parallels from what I remember. I did really enjoy the game though, as it did what the series has always done best, creating some really epic crazy battles and be a blast to play with your buddies.

Yea and WTF at no rendition of Blood Gulch, I just don't get how there can be a Halo without it.

2218 10-02-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea and WTF at no rendition of Blood Gulch, I just don't get how there can be a Halo without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the new blood gulch that big one with the waterfall and the stream passing through the whole map?

2218 10-02-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea Halo has never been about story...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... Halo 1?

[ QUOTE ]
The game felt like a huge rehash of Halo 2 to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

More a rehash of Halo 1, IMO, but a lot from both. There was one line I particularly liked though. I don't remember it exactly, but:

Cortana: So what was your plan for getting us out of here?
Badass Master Chier: I thought I'd shoot my way out. You know... change it up a little.

dibbs 10-02-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

More a rehash of Halo 1, IMO, but a lot from both. There was one line I particularly liked though. I don't remember it exactly, but:

Badass Master Chier: I thought I'd shoot my way out. You know... change it up a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yea I giggled at that one too, and got a kick out of the "Tank beats ghost...Tank beats everything!" Marine chatter for some reason too, probably the giddiness that comes with playing videogames for hours on end.

bogey1 10-02-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha yea I giggled at that one too, and got a kick out of the "Tank beats ghost...Tank beats everything!" Marine chatter for some reason too, probably the giddiness that comes with playing videogames for hours on end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the "Tank beats <thing>!" was hilarious. I love how the grunts like have you on their side.

Gears of War had some great chatter as well.

TheSalche 10-03-2007 01:06 PM

Halo 1 had story? News to me.

I play half life 2 when I want a game with story, halo when I want to kill [censored].

2218 10-03-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Halo 1 had story? News to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Halo 1 definitely had a plot. When I played through it, it really felt like I was trying to achieve a goal at every step of the way, rather than just killing things, and I was always eager to find out what happened next. Halos 2 and 3 were sorta the same thing but less interesting, since it got a little repetitive, IMO. (For example, a group of marines is trapped blah blah blah go rescue them.)

4 High 10-11-2007 04:49 PM

I just finished it and im a little lost. How did MC die and Arbiter live? Just because Arbiter was at the front of the ship? Is that what people mean by half the ship? Also what was the he might still be alive thing? The 117 scratched onto the ship? How would that be them saying he could be alive?

DonkeyKongSr 10-11-2007 05:16 PM

You didn't watch after the credits, did you? He's clearly alive then.

4 High 10-11-2007 07:28 PM

No i hit A after the Thanks Bungie message was up for 10 seconds thinking i had to, and then it skipped to the main page.

Is there any way to go back and watch it?

DonkeyKongSr 10-11-2007 07:50 PM

Uh, not sure if you can just see the video, but once you pass the game, you can go back and start any level at one of a few checkpoints they have. Just do the last level at the last available checkpoint on easy or normal or something. Probably won't take you more than 10-15 minutes I'm guessing.

DonkeyKongSr 10-11-2007 07:51 PM

Or, watch on Youtube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=X6fXcr7Arqw

4 High 10-11-2007 10:19 PM

Yea i found it earlier. I think i prefer the normal ending. I guess they had to leave some opening, but i think ending with him dying would have been sick.