Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   filthy cleans up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430330)

king_of_drafts 06-18-2007 06:36 PM

filthy cleans up

villain is filthy71, the best 5/10 reg, fairly taggy 21/17 but really hard to play postflop (for me at least)

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1,111.00
Hero (BB): $2,365.00
UTG: $1,000.00
CO: $1,015.00
BTN: $1,970.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $40.00</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $30.00

Flop: ($85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $50.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $151.00</font>, CO calls $101.00

Turn: ($387) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($387) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $333.00</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $824.00</font>

jsnipes28 06-18-2007 06:38 PM

Re: filthy cleans up

callcallcall

ipokeder 06-18-2007 06:38 PM

wtf? why did you fold.

you lose to 66 and QJ...? this looks like a really easy call for 100bb

JKratzer 06-18-2007 06:40 PM

call for sure

king_of_drafts 06-18-2007 06:42 PM

My thoughts: normally I check-raise better hands and worse hands than TPTK here but I decided to merge it up. I had been check-raising a lot vs him so I knew he could have air, plus I wanted to control the pot so I checked turn. River I figured he might have KK,AA or 77-TT so I decided to bet...I just don't see him turning any of those into bluffs, though. Wtf?

king_of_drafts 06-18-2007 06:44 PM

Reasoning plz? Only hand I beat is a pure flop float or QK imo...

ipokeder 06-18-2007 06:45 PM

like honestly i can see where you're coming from and how it's hard to put him on a hand, but your hand value is just so good that i would just close my eyes and go with it. kind of like when i have bottom set and i think that the other guy HAS to have me beat and i know i'm beat but what the [censored] i have a set, i'm not folding this [censored].

just call it a cooler and be done with it

JKratzer 06-18-2007 06:46 PM

what beats you is the better question?

king_of_drafts 06-18-2007 06:50 PM

err 66 22 QJ

GLmaestro 06-18-2007 07:02 PM

66 and 22 never check behind on turn

BalugaWhale 06-18-2007 07:08 PM

you are beat and should fold

i dont know if i could make it happen though.

king_of_drafts 06-18-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made it happen

D104 06-18-2007 07:10 PM

I have to agree with OP -

1) If he's value betting, I don't think villain raises this river with less than AQ.

2) I don't see why AA/KK/TT/99, etc. would try to bluff this river - OP's line looks KQ @ the minimum (if he's value betting) - does villian really expect OP to fold trip Q's?

3) What other hands could villian have? If he was floating the flop C/R, he would surely bet the turn, yes?

I think this is a fold.

D

BalugaWhale 06-18-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I made it happen

[/ QUOTE ]
nice dude, i think that is a sick play

i think he shows up with a boat/flush here a ton, since he kinda has to expect you to have at least a Q

D104 06-18-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I made it happen

[/ QUOTE ]
nice dude, i think that is a sick play

i think he shows up with a boat/flush here a ton, since he kinda has to expect you to have at least a Q

[/ QUOTE ]

It's super sick if he had a flush, considering the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are out - the only thing that I could figure is like 34hh that floated and then decided to take the freebie instead of betting the turn.

duh 06-18-2007 07:18 PM

He can't really have a boat.
He's repping a flush. ( and i don't belive him )

BalugaWhale 06-18-2007 07:20 PM

i think a boat is definitely more likely, but i could see him with 45hh or 34hh

JaBlue 06-18-2007 07:36 PM

Your hand looks like nuts/air. I don't think he has 22/66/QJ very often here and he could certainly have AQ or KQ. I could see a bluff, too, given that you don't rate to have a Q very often in this spot. You're getting 2:1 and are gonna be chopping a lot of the time and winning some of the time. I can't see folding here. Why can't he be bluffing here if he's the best 5/10 reg and tough postflop?

BalugaWhale 06-18-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't he be bluffing here if he's the best 5/10 reg and tough postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
why would he bluff if we pretty much never fold our hand.

everyone in this thread and their mom and their dog thinks its a snap call

i would imagine that villain assumed this would be a snapcall by OP too

Readzie 06-18-2007 07:52 PM

its close but i call. to me it looked like your betting because he checked turn, yourt pretty much saying i dont think you hit this board at all. if you do have it, it looks something like Q9 QT QJ because you did check turn.

him pushing here can be alot of things because of that. Thats why i would call as played.

However i think the better line if filthy is a bit aggro on river is to throw out a little block bet like 80 ish, and call his raise to 400 happily. He would do that with air alot because your hands looks really weak, and when he does have you beat, you see it for the same price as if you had bet folded.

etizzle 06-18-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
why would he bluff if we pretty much never fold our hand.

everyone in this thread and their mom and their dog thinks its a snap call

i would imagine that villain assumed this would be a snapcall by OP too

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing he can't see our holecards

BalugaWhale 06-18-2007 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
our river bet is so obviously for value.

jsnipes28 06-18-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
our river bet is so obviously for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

his range on river is super polarized dawg

Ship Ship McGipp 06-18-2007 09:29 PM

he is definitely the best regular, he's amazing at 3-betting me with QTo and flopping two pair lmao

BalugaWhale 06-18-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree, and so rarely a bluff

king_of_drafts 06-18-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand looks like nuts/air. I don't think he has 22/66/QJ very often here and he could certainly have AQ or KQ. I could see a bluff, too, given that you don't rate to have a Q very often in this spot. You're getting 2:1 and are gonna be chopping a lot of the time and winning some of the time. I can't see folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The chop is kind of important but him shoving AQ there is still kind of thin considering all I could call him with there that HE beats is QK. And I just don't see him floating a flop c/r then checking the turn just to set up a crazy river shove.

If he is bluffing, I'm 90% sure it's with 77-TT, in which case he would be putting me on Jx that check-raised, hit some showdown value on the turn, and decided to play pot control then go for thin river value...but that's pretty implausible.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of a cheap shot. I don't think he would both put me on a queen AND expect me to fold it...even the BEST 5/10 players aren't psychic.

All in all, sure, I beat him sometimes and split sometimes but I think we disagree on how frequent those are going to occur.

MDMA 06-18-2007 09:47 PM

I definitely agree with this never being KQ, and given the way this hand played out, I would say it's a bad push with AQ as well; that's not saying he isn't doing it, but if he is as good as you guys seem to think he is, then he shouldn't be pushing AQ here.

I actually like this fold, I can't see him have a flush here very often at all (actually whether he instapushed or not on river might a little bit of a tell of this, this also depending on how fast you bet..I think a small flush would at least think a little bit before pushing here, especially if you bet really fast on river, whereas a FH prob just pushes without much thinking), I guess the suggested 34hh/45hh is possible though, but him checking a set behind on turn given the flop texture isn't all that strange at all, it's a good play. I think QJ is way more likely to bet turn than a set, FWIW.

TheGrasshopper 06-18-2007 10:15 PM

I like the fold.

jsnipes28 06-18-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree, and so rarely a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

if heros range is v polarized then so is villains. villain doesnt show up w/ KQ ever i dont think. its JJ or more likely a flush

that being said, i cant imagine folding, hehe

i shold clarify: bc heros range is polarized as nuts/bluff then villain is not turning any made hands into bluffs (eg AA etc) he would simply call or fold. so when he shoves, changing my opinion now...

back to the flop. he is rarely calling the flop w/ complete air. the air that he does call the flop with and could possibly bluff the river with, likely made a flush and is now shoving the river. even w/ hands as strong as KQ(or even a chop like AQ) I think is still flatcalling this river as are most of his other made hands.

furthermore, as others have stated, he is a good player who knows that players do not fold trips and is most likely smart enough not to try and bluff someone off of them.

i think he shows up w/ JJ here still the most often, followed by hearts and then possibly QJ/66/22

Daliman 06-18-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your hand looks like nuts/air. I don't think he has 22/66/QJ very often here and he could certainly have AQ or KQ. I could see a bluff, too, given that you don't rate to have a Q very often in this spot. You're getting 2:1 and are gonna be chopping a lot of the time and winning some of the time. I can't see folding here. Why can't he be bluffing here if he's the best 5/10 reg and tough postflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree with most of what you have said, AQ here is pretty far from both nuts AND air, and I personally don't think it looks anything like either. If you're going to fold here though, I like a check/call much better.

"Either nuts or air" is the new "I put you on AK"

HedonismBot 06-18-2007 10:25 PM

I think I've played ~5000 hands with him at 5 10 maybe as much as 10,000 and his play was so transparent/bad, maybe it was just a bad run?

True 06-19-2007 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
While I agree with most of what you have said, AQ here is pretty far from both nuts AND air, and I personally don't think it looks anything like either. If you're going to fold here though, I like a check/call much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you going to c/c against? please be at least a little reasonable.

@OP, standard fold unless he is ridic aggro bluffer, unlikely from descrip.

cheiro 06-19-2007 05:56 AM

but the runner runner flush hit!@!21

Moonshine 06-19-2007 06:37 AM

i like it, it looks like he decided to get cute with a set

Daliman 06-19-2007 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you going to c/c against? please be at least a little reasonable.

@OP, standard fold unless he is ridic aggro bluffer, unlikely from descrip.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about QT, QK Q9s, Q8s, AA, KK, TT, 34 or 45 that wanted to try to hit or steal from position, I don't know.

If you really think no hands worse than AQ bet here, you've been running really bad, cuz they do. Lots of them.

Quick Question; If you are the villain, and you have KQ, are you betting the river if you are checked to?

king_of_drafts 06-19-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quick Question; If you are the villain, and you have KQ, are you betting the river if you are checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, but maybe. It's super thin if you think about it, whereas if OP(me) bets with his AQ, who knows, maybe TT will call sometimes. I should perhaps mention that I have an ugly history of trying to filthy with little success.

KdB 06-19-2007 10:27 AM

Very, hard fold, but i think you made the right decision. Its strange he checked his set on the turn, but I don't see him bluffing here ever.

Ship Ship McGipp 06-19-2007 10:30 AM

u guys seriously fold this?

i call and berate

sdfsdf 06-19-2007 10:45 AM

i dont think its strange he would check a set on the turn since we are representing a bluff giving up or a weak hand by checking the turn. if he was floating with air on the flop he would bet the turn 100% of the time so he has to have a real hand here so i think this is a fold.

schwza 06-19-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

checking behind on the turn with a set is totally reasonable here. the flop was totally dry so no reason for him to think hero now has a draw. getting close to 3:1 i have a hunch i'd wind up calling though.