Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Degen/Rakeaid.com/Rakereport.net Banned (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346867)

Pokeraddict 03-04-2007 08:37 PM

Degen/Rakeaid.com/Rakereport.net Banned

After much debate I have banned Degen and related aliases from all of 2+2. This is related to his behavior in A/R as well as other forums here at 2+2.

TylerD 03-04-2007 08:51 PM

Re: Degen/Rakeaid.com/Rakereport.net Banned

which was...

Poker-Business 03-04-2007 08:55 PM

Why ?

The4Aces 03-04-2007 09:40 PM

yah... give us a detailed reason please.

iron81 03-04-2007 10:24 PM

The short version is PM spaming and abusive posting. Degen created accounts specifically to PM spam people rakeback offers and he has engaged in feuds with other affiliates here that you guys would know more about than me.

Pokeraddict 03-04-2007 10:39 PM

When Degen was called out as being Rakeaid he attacked the poster that questioned him. His posts were abusive towards this affiliate. He also went overboard here in attempting to expose this other affiliate when a sub was violating T&C's of a poker room. Degen even went so far as to threaten to contact the IRS to snitch on this affiliate that exposed him. This was not the first time he was banned from A/R. He also threatened me in a PM which he later apologized for. The affiliate he attacked was a great contributed and AFAIK this poster has not returned.

Also Rakeaid posts were reduntant and mostly useless IMO. Degen has since misbehaved in other 2+2 forums. I wanted to ban him a month ago when he was taking cheap shots at his competitors and spamming here, now that he has caused trouble in other areas of 2+2 it was agreed that banning was the best action.

I certainly agree that he has contributed to interesting topics at 2+2 but has also crossed the line on many occasions.

Falang 03-05-2007 12:24 AM

You just banned one of the best posters on 2+2.

I am never posting in or reading this forum again.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You just banned one of the best posters on 2+2.

I am never posting in or reading this forum again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're not serious, if you are then understand this was a community decision, not just me.

grandgnu 03-05-2007 12:37 AM

Hi,

While I'm not interested in being involved in the middle of this debate, I recently acquired his site RakeReport.net (link to thread about this here )

I was expecting to have access to the RakeReport.net 2+2 forum account in conjunction with our transaction, although I had not made use of this account just yet.

Please let me know if this will be something possible to have turned over to my control, or if I should only post about this type of stuff using my Grandgnu account?

I received notice of this because I have control of the rakereport@gmail.com account that was associated with the 2+2 account in question.

Anthony Martino
RakeReport.net

Falang 03-05-2007 12:39 AM

I'm very serious. It sounds like you made the decision to me, as in you could have stopped it.

Do a check on Degen's 7,000 posts. How many of them were in this forum? You are a fool.

Degen has no less than five 100 post threads going on 2+2 right now, and one that is over 1,500 posts long and the longest active thread in the most popular forum on 2+2. He quite literally makes this site money! Every time he makes a post people flock to it, and for good reason.

Just give him a stern warning and a suspension, I'm sure he'll stop doing whatever you want him to stop doing. The guy is a great poster.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 12:42 AM

He has been given about 10 different temp bans that did not help. As I said, this was a community decision, not a decision made by me. Since more then half of the offenses have been in A/R (not just with me but the previous mods too) it was decided that I should do it. It could have just as easily been almost any other mod.

The4Aces 03-05-2007 12:43 AM

Yah its BS that PA says it wasn't his decision. While it might not have been 100% his choice it is pretty clear that he has wanted Degen gone for awhile. Why is this fourm the only one with an announcement about degen being banned if this forum isnt the only reason?

Also I just did a count of beanies post and MOST of them in the last year are him trying to defend his site ultimate pals or him flaming rakeaid.

He sure does contribute!

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 12:48 AM

Grandgnu,

First please stop linking to that site.

I will go to the mod forum with your concern. Since it is Degen's account it was banned, AFAIK you have never used it to post.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 12:51 AM

Anyone that feels upset by this can feel free to take this to ATF. I cannot discuss what has gone on in the mod forum but maybe if it comes up for discussion Mat and/or Ryan can discuss more openly what is behind the decision. As I said, this is not on a whim.

BTW there has been an overwhelming demand for this banning in this forum. I have received several pm's of support.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 12:57 AM

BTW there is evidence that makes it obvious Poker-business.net is Degen. This account has been banned too.

grandgnu 03-05-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Grandgnu,

First please stop linking to that site.

I will go to the mod forum with your concern. Since it is Degen's account it was banned, AFAIK you have never used it to post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Sorry about the linking, I will refrain from that moving forward. I appreciate your looking into the matter about the account. You are correct, I have not used it previously.

If I am unable to obtain control of the account, it's ok for me to create one specifically for my new site? I just want to make sure I don't violate any rules, so please let me know, thanks.

Falang 03-05-2007 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have received several pm's of support.

[/ QUOTE ]

From affiliates I'm sure. So exile him from this forum, I really haven't followed what has gone on in this forum.

You need to take a closer look at his posting outside of this forum.

Also I think it should be mentioned that Degen created the site RakeReport.net in direct copetition to RRR which John used to own.

John even stated in this forum that Degen copied his site and it has been clear for a long time he did not like Degen.

This is very clearly the culmination of a long dislike of Degen and a very selfish act.

I started a thread in About The Forums and I suggest that PokerAddict be removed as moderator of this forum for the good of 2+2.

Also Poker-Business is based in Europe IIRC

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I am unable to obtain control of the account, it's ok for me to create one specifically for my new site?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that is fine. Give it about a day to see what the discussion is on the rr.net alias.

You are free to end your posts with "Rakereport.net" just leave off the www as it creates a link.

RakebackStore 03-05-2007 01:13 AM

PA I think this is a good decision. I thought you were very nice to only give him a ban of 5 days the first time. He tried to cheat and scam our business by getting us to support RakeReport.net. When I asked he remove us from the mailing list of RakeReport because he was obviously running RakeAid he was indignant and called me names. Then it came out he was running RakeAid and posting as "Heidi".

For anyone with a business it is a privilege to post here and those that have a business should be held to a higher standard. You've banned obvious scammers and cheaters before, but I'm sure you wanted to give Degen every chance to redeem himself because of all his posts elsewhere at 2 + 2. Really, you gave him a lot of slack and he still hung himself.

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So exile him from this forum, I really haven't followed what has gone on in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

When he first caused trouble I asked if this could be done, I was told no.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I think it should be mentioned that Degen created the site RakeReport.net in direct copetition to RRR which John used to own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not relevent, Degen opened rr.net in response to the RRR sale. I sold 100% of RRR so I do not care about his site.

[ QUOTE ]
This is very clearly the culmination of a long dislike of Degen and a very selfish act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering this has been a month long discussion in the mod forum I don't see how this was selfish.

[ QUOTE ]
I started a thread in About The Forums and I suggest that PokerAddict be removed as moderator of this forum for the good of 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not going to happen. I think the rest of your post shows how you don't really understand the business or what has gone no in A/R.

[ QUOTE ]
Also Poker-Business is based in Europe IIRC

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an OBVIOUS giveaway that shows the relation. If the poster is not Degen the site being promoted is which is good enough for me. Banned posters cannot bring shills in to promote their interests.

Leader 03-05-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As has been stated, this was a community decision, which was discussed extensively before action was taken. If you don't want to believe that, it's up to you.

rocco1999 03-05-2007 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW there is evidence that makes it obvious Poker-business.net is Degen. This account has been banned too.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this? Poker-Business IS NOT Degen, so please PM me asap and explain your weird behaviour. You`re getting out of line here...

Suigin406 03-05-2007 09:26 AM

PA, there's really no need to defend yourself here...while he was a good poster in other forums, he also had this nasty tendency (especially in this forum) to piss people off with his behavior and questionable ethics. I dismissed some of the spam offers from fakes because I couldn't really care less...also I was unaware of the several temp bans he was given...good riddance...

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is this? Poker-Business IS NOT Degen, so please PM me asap and explain your weird behaviour. You`re getting out of line here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go ahead and publicly post the obvious reason.

The code and tags are exact in many cases to Degen's sites and the most important part, the affiliate links, are exact. If this site is not Degen's why are his tags being used? There can be no other explanation.

dp13368 03-05-2007 11:16 AM

How will this affect us players under rakeaid.com ?

Mr. Orange 03-05-2007 12:32 PM

I'm glad you banned him. He acted like a complete jerk in this forum on a regular basis. The whole IRS thing in particular was way over the line.

After reading some of his recent posts in the last few months I decided that I would never do any kind of business with him or use any of his affliate operations.

MatthewRyan 03-05-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm assuming Degen getting banned on 2p2 would not have any effect with rakeback payments at all. I think he wants to keep rakeaid growing and profitable.

Falang 03-05-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm assuming Degen getting banned on 2p2 would not have any effect with rakeback payments at all. I think he wants to keep rakeaid growing and profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately Degen cannot come in here and post in response to this, nor can any other representative of the site, but obviously the business will go on.

This effects the rakeback of RakeAid's customers in no way shape or form.

His email address is grindblog@gmail.com if you want to contact him directly.

BluffTHIS! 03-05-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MY email address is grindblog@gmail.com if you want to contact me directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Pokeraddict 03-05-2007 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MY email address is grindblog@gmail.com if you want to contact me directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

ROFLDONKAMENTS 03-05-2007 06:47 PM

lol

Ron Burgundy 03-05-2007 07:54 PM

It's about time. Degen was a scumbag spammer. I don't care how many popular threads he started. He clearly violated the T&C of the forums.

There's nothing I hate more than people PMing me with rakeback offers or other spam that I never asked for. In fact, Degen PMed me offering Party rakeback when I had recently posted that I hated Party and never wanted to play there again.

OnlinePro 03-06-2007 12:17 AM

two plus two has gotten too big - IMHO

teddyFBI 03-06-2007 01:33 PM

Full-disclosure disclaimer: I get RB from Degen

I've had nothing but positive interactions with him. Always been paid on time; good communication; Rakeaid site is good.
This is really neither here nor there, i suppose, with respect to his actions on this forum, which i haven't really followed as closely as the rest of you.
If he violated forum rules with respect to advertising/solicitation/proper-decorum, well that's a decision to be made by the mods, and i guess it has been made, end of story.
But speaking purely as a customer, no complaints whatsoever here.

dp13368 03-06-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full-disclosure disclaimer: I get RB from Degen

I've had nothing but positive interactions with him. Always been paid on time; good communication; Rakeaid site is good.
This is really neither here nor there, i suppose, with respect to his actions on this forum, which i haven't really followed as closely as the rest of you.
If he violated forum rules with respect to advertising/solicitation/proper-decorum, well that's a decision to be made by the mods, and i guess it has been made, end of story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. I am a high volume player now (>5k MGR), but have been with Degen since I was low MGR microstakes and I have had nothing but positive experiences with him. I have received all of my payments on time and fairly timely responses to his emails (and he now offers free CR memberships for >2.5k MGR) and a specific email address for high vol/vip players.

Pokeraddict 03-06-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard this several times. The 2+2 reasons have nothing to do with whether he pays or not.

Bobo Fett 03-06-2007 06:18 PM

I think this post in ATF which quotes Falang, Degen's biggest supporter in this matter (or another account of Degen himself, according to some), brings a nice, neat conclusion to the saga:

[ QUOTE ]
Falang, why did you delete your last post?

For those that missed it:

It really wasn't just one thing Evan. Any of them by themselves wouldn't have lead to a banning.

Degen takes full responsibility and after talking to Nation last night on AIM actually agree's with the decision himself now.

All of the spamming stopped over a year ago, though it did take place at that time. He was banned then and given another chance.

About a month ago he attacked some other affiliates in A/R and was given another chance.

There are a host of other non-tangible things that aren't necessarily banworthy as stand alone offenses, but coupled with the rest of this it just seems the mod's just kind of had enough of his BS.

One of these was that he owned RakeReport.net and tried to keep it a secret that he owned RakeAid.com and secretly listed RakeAid.com at the top of RakeReport.net, and 'unbiased' rakeback directory. This was a pretty shady move on his part and pissed a lot of people off.

He also recently made some racist remarks in OOT about blacks. He also made a pretty stupid thread in the El D forum that pissed some people off.

He has also had probably 10 gnome accounts on 2+2, some of which have been used to spam and or troll...all of this in relation to his affiliate businesses.

It even makes sense to me now.

Lets all just go on with our lives.

So, um, why did you start this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

ASD99 03-07-2007 12:53 AM

so does this mean that newbies shouldn't sign up with RakeAid and that RakeAid will be soon added to the rogue list? Or is this just a simple banning on 2p2 and in no way does this question RakeAid's integrity or business?

StellarWind 03-07-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As has been stated, this was a community decision, which was discussed extensively before action was taken. If you don't want to believe that, it's up to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Falang 03-07-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so does this mean that newbies shouldn't sign up with RakeAid and that RakeAid will be soon added to the rogue list? Or is this just a simple banning on 2p2 and in no way does this question RakeAid's integrity or business?

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had testimonials (100% unsolicited) from two high volume players saying that the service is fine. In all of the heat RakeAid and Degen have taken, nobody has said anything different.

Degen made some poor decisions about how to interact with an internet community. RakeAid is managed in a very professional and organized way and this will continue.