Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Which poker site has the coolest client software? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=22099)

donkeyradish 01-27-2006 12:29 PM

Which poker site has the coolest client software?

Like I noticed the Truepoker client gives you an angled view of the table, makes it more 3-D (although, the players all look like mutant zombies)

Any 'skin' or client prog thats a delight to use compared to the others?

BigPoppa 01-27-2006 12:41 PM

Re: Which poker site has the coolest client software?

I really like the Ultimate Bet software.

Plus, Triple Draw kicks major ass.

thing85 01-27-2006 01:08 PM

UB software is pretty neat, and I like how the table is set from your perspective no matter which seat you sit down on. The software is also very fast. As for the quality of their bonus clearance, well, that's another issue.

VegasVixen 01-27-2006 01:25 PM

Poker4Ever (new site officially launching in Feb...). Crisp, clean FAST software, you can rotate the table to put your seat wherever you like, and you can "Fire" the dealer avatar & get a new one when your cards turn cold LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

teddyFBI 01-27-2006 01:33 PM

bodog, hands down.

KSOT 01-27-2006 01:36 PM

Absolute.

Looks horrible, runs slowly, has a [censored] snack bar!

PokerEveryDay 01-27-2006 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bodog, hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

MemphisRounder 01-27-2006 02:07 PM

I love Truepoker, play there all the time. Anyway, I will agree that UB has the best software, its also very easy on the eyes.

elliot 01-27-2006 04:47 PM

Ultimate Bet

pokerswami 01-28-2006 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bodog, hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect he was trying to get people to chime in about how Bodog's new software is complete GARBAGE!

IF ENOUGH OF US MAKE ENOUGH NOISE ABOUT WHAT CRAP BODOG SOFTWARE NOW IS, MAYBE THEY WILL CHANGE IT!

HEY BODOG: YOUR NEW SOFTWARE IS A <font color="red">GIANT STEP BACKWARD!</font>
NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IT'S FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED IN ITS BASIC CONCEPT!

WE WANT SOFTWARE THAT ACTUALLY TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM. WE WANT WINDOWS WE CAN MOVE AROUND TO WHEREVER ON OUR SCREEN(S) WE WANT TO PUT THEM.

x2ski 01-28-2006 05:48 AM

StacksPoker, which I understand is launching very soon and is currently in beta-testing, looks pretty rad; however, I'm unsure how efficient it will be.

Apparently, like TruePoker, you have an option of 3D or 2D mode for playing. Although 3D mode looks pretty cool, I personally would play in 2D for multi-tabling effectiveness. It seems as though those I'm sitting with who are playing in 3D would result in slowing the table down regardless, but I dunno since I've never played at TruePoker or anywhere else like that.

Still seems cool though.

dibbs 01-28-2006 06:15 AM

He's utiltizing sarcasm yes. As a related thought, Im starting to think bodo will do nothing at all to hear the voices of their players in renovating the system, alas.

dibbs 01-28-2006 06:16 AM

UB minus the bet pot button would be close to my ideal, perhaps FTP's engine with non cartoony graphics and no pot button. Smoov.

ohface 01-28-2006 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
StacksPoker, which I understand is launching very soon and is currently in beta-testing, looks pretty rad; however, I'm unsure how efficient it will be.

Apparently, like TruePoker, you have an option of 3D or 2D mode for playing. Although 3D mode looks pretty cool, I personally would play in 2D for multi-tabling effectiveness. It seems as though those I'm sitting with who are playing in 3D would result in slowing the table down regardless, but I dunno since I've never played at TruePoker or anywhere else like that.

Still seems cool though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacks was supposed to launch in October. They have been horrible with progress updates and communication in general. I just looked at the site and it appears that they plan to launch end of March-early April? I'll be surprised if it happens before next fall.

KSOT 01-28-2006 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UB minus the bet pot button would be close to my ideal

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the pot button is the greatest thing ever invented.

SUNYGrad05 01-28-2006 05:07 PM

I like the way FTP and absolute have the previous hands in graphical form. It makes it alot easier than scrolling through the action on normal handhistories to find out what people had, although absolute doesn't always show the players card for some reason?

Packard 01-28-2006 06:19 PM

I like the UB table setups also. They need to change their mini view tables to something that is easier to understand when you first staret playing. Party is a decent setup also.

Jurollo 01-28-2006 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UB minus the bet pot button would be close to my ideal

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the pot button is the greatest thing ever invented.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is also tremendously -EV for good players.
~Justin

black_russian 01-28-2006 06:29 PM

UB, but the most of the fish left eons ago

donkeyradish 01-28-2006 06:37 PM

I havent played at these either.

Was thinking though maybe the games might be soft, for the reason that if multitabling is too awkward then strong players might be giving it a wide berth.

AAAA 01-28-2006 10:13 PM

but it should be an option hidden in the menu somewhere so the new players who don't know about big bet poker don't get lessons.

Elevens 01-29-2006 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect he was trying to get people to chime in about how Bodog's new software is complete GARBAGE!

IF ENOUGH OF US MAKE ENOUGH NOISE ABOUT WHAT CRAP BODOG SOFTWARE NOW IS, MAYBE THEY WILL CHANGE IT!

HEY BODOG: YOUR NEW SOFTWARE IS A <font color="red">GIANT STEP BACKWARD!</font>
NOT ONLY THAT, BUT IT'S FUNDAMENTALLY FLAWED IN ITS BASIC CONCEPT!

WE WANT SOFTWARE THAT ACTUALLY TAKES ADVANTAGE OF THE WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM. WE WANT WINDOWS WE CAN MOVE AROUND TO WHEREVER ON OUR SCREEN(S) WE WANT TO PUT THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, how do you <font color="red">REALLY</font> feel?

Instyle007 01-29-2006 02:17 AM

FullTiltPoker by a mile.

Isura 01-29-2006 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ultimate Bet

[/ QUOTE ]

DamitBob 01-29-2006 06:02 PM

Stacks begins beta in the next few days. I talked to the rep. Real money will be about 1 month later. The 3D will be like a video game I think and take up about 160MB. 2D will be for multi tablers and use about 10MB I believe.

starvin-garvin 01-29-2006 07:57 PM

sadly most of them are just garbage... so far I prefer stars, basic... and doesn't give me a headache like AP or FTP... only thing is I wish they showed the all in hands right away and not at the show down...

party's players + stars software + AP RB/bonuses would be the greatest site ever....

roueful 01-30-2006 04:10 AM

No one ever talks about yahoo poker. Or what site has the best euchre software.

nuts 01-30-2006 05:23 AM

Full Tilt in my book. I really like the instant hand history.

But the games are pretty poor so I don't play there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

pothead 01-31-2006 07:43 PM

PokerChamps.

Very good use of the available space on the screen.
I don't get this 3d view and avatar stuff and just want a clean UI.