Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NL100 folding set to represented flush? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400026)

Flixxx 05-10-2007 03:18 PM

NL100 folding set to represented flush?

Are you ever folding this here? I am not sure, villain seems pretty donkish 44/7/2 over 70 hands but I havent played andy hands with him yet.

OnGame's Room No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) by Hand Converter CG

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button ($98.50)
SB ($47.50)
BB ($66.95)
UTG ($175.80)
Hero ($109.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.5</font>, BB calls $5.50.

Turn: ($18.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $24</font>, Hero calls $12.

River: ($66.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $33.95 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $100.45

ronitonline 05-10-2007 03:28 PM

Re: NL100 folding set to represented flush?

44/7 makes this a lot tougher.
Then again that could mean he would do this with 45 also....
If he has shown down some wierd crap I would call here and see a lot of 2pair but if he hasnt shown down anything odd I guess you just have to fold.

FWIW I push turn.

Zagga 05-10-2007 03:33 PM

push turn

orange 05-10-2007 03:54 PM

given stacks, im not folding.

dirtylobster 05-10-2007 04:03 PM

I'd shove turn.

Flixxx 05-10-2007 04:08 PM

can you reason the shove? is it just villains stacksize? I most likely made a bad fold and actually I also never fold sets anywhere near a 3flush board.

dirtylobster 05-10-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you reason the shove? is it just villains stacksize? I most likely made a bad fold and actually I also never fold sets anywhere near a 3flush board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack size yes. If your plan is to check/fold river on a non-paired board (bad plan) it's better to shove the turn and get some fold equity against non-diamond hands. If he calls you have outs even if he has a flush. In retrospect if you're playing the hand like that you should have folded to the minraise on the turn...

Paul Thomson 05-10-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack size yes. If your plan is to check/fold river on a non-paired board (bad plan) it's better to shove the turn and get some fold equity against non-diamond hands. If he calls you have outs even if he has a flush. In retrospect if you're playing the hand like that you should have folded to the minraise on the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

we're in position, we can't check-fold the river. why do we want any fe? why should we fold to the miniraise on the turn when we have direct odds to call?

Paul Thomson 05-10-2007 04:50 PM

why does everyone like a shove on the river? 2 of the 3 draws just got there. sure he might be over-playing the two pair, but if he has a two pair than he's probably just checking the river right?

I like the way the hand was played. The river is close but whatever.

sMethod 05-10-2007 05:11 PM

how is the BB 2 and u made it 3.5?

Flixxx 05-10-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the BB 2 and u made it 3.5?

[/ QUOTE ]

converter messes that up for ongame.

bilbo-san 05-10-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... no. You do know that a full house beats a flush or straight, right? And you also know that you don't want any FE against non-diamond hands because they are all drawing dead, right?

dirtylobster 05-10-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um... no. You do know that a full house beats a flush or straight, right? And you also know that you don't want any FE against non-diamond hands because they are all drawing dead, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're right, $12:$54 on the turn seems to give us just the right odds to draw for a paired board. It just seems weak to just call with the set and fold to a river bet with these stacks... but on the other hand there aren't any hands that we beat on a blank river.

Are you still sure it's spew to shove the turn?

Paul Thomson 05-10-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you're right, $12:$54 on the turn seems to give us just the right odds to draw for a paired board. It just seems weak to just call with the set and fold to a river bet with these stacks... but on the other hand there aren't any hands that we beat on a blank river.

[/ QUOTE ]

u need to know what questions to ask inorder to find the right answer. so the only reason to push the river is to charge draws or get called by worse hands, right?

- Do worse hands call...nope.
- Does A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] X:call: -- i don't know. he won't be getting the odds to call, so he should fold.

So I dont see any reason in pushing the turn.

mscags 05-10-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u need to know what questions to ask inorder to find the right answer. so the only reason to push the river is to charge draws or get called by worse hands, right?

- Does A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] X:call: -- i don't know. he won't be getting the odds to call, so he should fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure two pair hands call here, plus you dont mind pushing out someone with a pair+diamond draw. The pot is getting decent size, worry about taking it down.

Paul Thomson 05-10-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure two pair hands call here, plus you dont mind pushing out someone with a pair+diamond draw. The pot is getting decent size, worry about taking it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

read, the whole thread over. 2 of the 3 draws just got there. and i'm not so sure about the two pair comment because doesn't that raise the flop?

and just because the pot is bid doesn't mean we should put in money when behind. this inherently doesn't maximize EV.