Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Slowplayed rawketz now I want to kill myself (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541563)

aislephive 11-08-2007 06:36 PM

Slowplayed rawketz now I want to kill myself

Villain is "DontHassleTheHoff" or whatever, decent pretty tight/aggro reg in the 19/16 range. Preflop is something I do very rarely, but I will occasionally flat call big pairs here for various reasons. Anyways, given preflop how does my postflop line look? I didn't think this was a great board to raise the flop and get it in, and I felt like on the turn/river my only option was to call down at this point. Thoughts?

Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $483.30
CO: $400
Hero (BTN): $451.90
SB: $456.80
BB: $394.40

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $24</font>, Hero calls $24

Turn: ($82) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $64</font>, Hero calls $64

River: ($210) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets $154</font>, Hero calls $154

aditya 11-08-2007 06:39 PM

Re: Slowplayed rawketz now I want to kill myself

yeah, seems about right. Your hand is underrepped, etc etc. is the basis for the call.

Darkfolder 11-08-2007 06:40 PM

I think you can shove river.

stackingboxes 11-08-2007 06:43 PM

don't slow play don, he pays off light preflop.

as played easy call. and argument for shooving is possible, but i'd just call

tuckercat 11-08-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jambon 11-08-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

aditya 11-08-2007 07:46 PM

Are we pushing river as a bluff? Cause I really don't like it as a value push. Unless OP's image is a bluff happy lagtard that has showndown atleast one bluff raise push on the river.

Borned_Luckbox1 11-08-2007 07:48 PM

We're obv pushing river as a bluff

not

aditya 11-08-2007 07:49 PM

That was a rhetorical question. Obv we're pushing it as a value push.

fringsrache 11-08-2007 07:50 PM

wow. pushing the river would never cross my mind. call or even fold against some players.

cassette 11-08-2007 07:52 PM

River push is gross. I like how you played the hand.

KeanuReaver 11-08-2007 07:55 PM

if you're ok with pf then its played fine

Darkfolder 11-08-2007 07:56 PM

Are you guys serious? He needs to have the best hand less than ~20% of the time if we shove. Do you think he gets away from lets say KK?

KeanuReaver 11-08-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys serious? He needs to have the best hand less than ~20% of the time if we shove. Do you think he gets away from lets say KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

incorrect

Melchiades 11-08-2007 08:01 PM

How is that incorrect? That is the odds villain will be getting when we shove, isn't it? Problem is we are not doing so hot vs the range he valuebets here. So even if he calls with every overpair and J when we push, a call is still better.

DMoogle 11-08-2007 08:09 PM

This is good. I think we're getting called by a better hand more than a worse hand if we shove. I like how you played it.

KeanuReaver 11-08-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is that incorrect? That is the odds villain will be getting when we shove, isn't it? Problem is we are not doing so hot vs the range he valuebets here. So even if he calls with every overpair and J when we push, a call is still better.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what everyone is arguing
and why i said the guy above was incorrect
maybe the hand itself will be +EV if he wins the hand 20%~ of the time but that doesn't make shoving better than calling

Darkfolder 11-08-2007 08:21 PM

I doubt hes folding ANY hand he is valuebetting, I could be wrong tho.

Melchiades 11-08-2007 08:23 PM

You may be right. But we are below 50% against the range he is valuebetting which makes a push bad even if he is. And if he bet/folds stuff like QJ it gets even worse.

Darkfolder 11-08-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may be right. But we are below 50% against the range he is valuebetting which makes a push bad even if he is. And if he bet/folds stuff like QJ it gets even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 69.672% 68.85% 00.82% 42 0.50 { AcAh }
Hand 1: 30.328% 29.51% 00.82% 18 0.50 { TT+, 88, AJs-ATs, KJs-KTs, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AJo-ATo, KJo, QJo }

aislephive 11-08-2007 08:36 PM

I really doubt we're ahead of his calling range to a shove.

xorbie 11-08-2007 08:36 PM

He doesn't even have QJ or KJ here that often, and people are definitely capable of folding those (and QQ/KK) to a river push here.

Melchiades 11-08-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 0: 69.672% 68.85% 00.82% 42 0.50 { AcAh }
Hand 1: 30.328% 29.51% 00.82% 18 0.50 { TT+, 88, AJs-ATs, KJs-KTs, QTs+, JTs, T9s, AJo-ATo, KJo, QJo }

[/ QUOTE ]
I am nittier than this dude and I'm def opening QTo/JTo/T9o/T8s, maybe T8o.

Board: Jd Th 8c 6d Ts
Dead:

Hand 0: 52.778% 52.22% 00.56% 47 0.50 { TT+, 88, AJs-ATs, KJs-KTs, QTs+, JTs, T8s+, AJo-ATo, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo, T8o+ }
Hand 1: 47.222% 46.67% 00.56% 42 0.50 { AcAh }

pokeriseasy 11-08-2007 08:40 PM

This is one of those spots where if you shoved the river with KQ or 9x people would say you're repping nothing so you'll get called super light, so why not shove when we have AA? I think he calls with alot of Js, and KK, QQ. Of course were are beat here some of the time but against an aggro player I think he'll value bet this river w/1 pair a decent amount. And he'll also be bluffing a fair percentage of the time.

xorbie 11-08-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those spots where if you shoved the river with KQ or 9x people would say you're repping nothing so you'll get called super light, so why not shove when we have AA? I think he calls with alot of Js, and KK, QQ. Of course were are beat here some of the time but against an aggro player I think he'll value bet this river w/1 pair a decent amount. And he'll also be bluffing a fair percentage of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

19/16 guy in a normal 2/4 game, this guy prob 3 barrels like 10 times a session. he doesnt have QJ or KJ or any J here at all to even think to call light with in the first place.

pokeriseasy 11-08-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

19/16 guy in a normal 2/4 game, this guy prob 3 barrels like 10 times a session. he doesnt have QJ or KJ or any J here at all to even think to call light with in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

19/16 preflop numbers says absolutely nothing about how he plays postflop. AA is not calling light in this spot, Calling light would be KJ, QJ or J9. OP smooth called preflop, and flat called 2 streets, he has shown no strength whatsoever. Villain has to put OP on KJ at best, and would expect him to fold to a 3rd bet. I'm not saying villain is bluffing her a ton, but it's certainly in his range given OPs line. As is AJ and KJ and QQ, KK. He could also be betting QJ here trying to move villain off of splits and better Js. Which apparently will work alot of the time since people want to fold AA here.

nextgenneo 11-08-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoff def does 3 barrel more than this

PartyScout 11-08-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My notes for this guy#

"SOLID DOES NOT 3BARRELL"

stackingboxes 11-08-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My notes for this guy#

"SOLID DOES NOT 3BARRELL"

[/ QUOTE ]

don will pay off with questionable holdings if you've established a LAG or semi LAG image.

d2themfi 11-08-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fsuplayer 11-09-2007 03:45 AM

id raise the flop like everytime. its co vs button so you're going to get action from such a wide range of hands.
now id just call the river tho unless u have a laggy image, and even then its close.

ogdundar 11-09-2007 04:40 AM

I like postflop. Preflop I hope you have good reasons for.

aislephive 11-09-2007 04:12 PM

Alright cool, looks like postflop is considered standard for the most part. Villain had T8o, lol.

TheChad 11-09-2007 04:33 PM

don't fold, but you can raise at basically any point here. I would have raised PF and prob again on the flop. sucks he snapped you.

Jay Riall 11-11-2007 10:18 PM

I like it.

catcher193 11-11-2007 10:39 PM

I try to get it in on flop against most, but why the bump