Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Oden allegedly declaring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378213)

FlyWf 04-14-2007 12:57 AM

Oden allegedly declaring

With both Cook and Conley! [censored].

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2837151

Shadowrun 04-14-2007 01:08 AM

Re: Oden allegedly declaring

surprised?

tuq 04-14-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
surprised?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only at this being surprising enough to be worthy of its own thread.

jah7_fsu1 04-14-2007 01:41 AM

I figured he would stay all four years!!!!

Signed,

Idiots

danvh 04-14-2007 01:51 AM

Conley did suprise me a little. Thought he would play one more. But I guess he is playing the odds on being one of the best PGs in the draft and this being his peak draft potential.. Wish they had to play 2

g-bebe 04-14-2007 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
surprised?

[/ QUOTE ]
Only at this being surprising enough to be worthy of its own thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

bottomset 04-14-2007 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wish they had to play 2

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its retarded making them play 1

gusmahler 04-14-2007 05:06 AM

So PokerGolfFiend doesn't have to start a poll:

Greg Oden

Entering Draft

danvh 04-14-2007 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wish they had to play 2

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its retarded making them play 1

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of agree with you also. I dont think these kids should have to go to college. BUT. If we are going to make them. I think they should go 2. I dont want to start (restart) this argument though..

onlinebeginner 04-14-2007 02:43 PM

for him its good

for basketball its not

Clarkmeister 04-14-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for him its good

for basketball its not

[/ QUOTE ]

lololol

Iplayboard 04-14-2007 02:46 PM

ESPN.com has Cook projected as a late first- early second rounder.

Is it smart for him to leave?

Tyler Durden 04-14-2007 03:01 PM

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...er-Posters.jpg

ligastar 04-14-2007 03:04 PM

As a UNC fan I'm happy. GG Oden.

FlyWf 04-14-2007 10:23 PM

Cook is obviously the surprising part. He played like dogshit for half the season. He's talented but I don't know how he sells "Played behind Jamar Butler and Ron Lewis" into a draft pick.

pryor15 04-15-2007 10:54 AM

eligibility question: does the NCAA have rules in place for a situation like Conley's where his Dad is an NBA agent?

69sofine 04-15-2007 11:07 AM

rules for what?

pryor15 04-15-2007 11:11 AM

well, you can't have contact with an agent and still be an amateur. his dad is an agent. do the math

ligastar 04-15-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well, you can't have contact with an agent and still be an amateur. his dad is an agent. do the math

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have agent/client contact with an agent. What if his grandpa was an agent, he couldn't go to grandpa's for Christmas?

pryor15 04-15-2007 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have agent/client contact with an agent. What if his grandpa was an agent, he couldn't got to grandpa's for Christmas?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i'm wondering...it's a thin line between a xmas present from Grandpa and an agent trying to land a future client and i'm sure the NCAA has a rule about this somewhere...i mean, there's the stepfather option, the uncle, all sorts of potential family connections that could be manipulated

ligastar 04-15-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't have agent/client contact with an agent. What if his grandpa was an agent, he couldn't got to grandpa's for Christmas?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i'm wondering...it's a thin line between a xmas present from Grandpa and an agent trying to land a future client and i'm sure the NCAA has a rule about this somewhere...i mean, there's the stepfather option, the uncle, all sorts of potential family connections that could be manipulated

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about a Christmas present.

You're making this more difficult than it needs to be. It is real simple. If you have agent/client contact with an agent the NCAA will rule you ineligible. If you go to the movies with your Dad who is an agent the NCAA will not rule you ineligible. That being said, obv when he goes pro Pops will be the agent.

mmbt0ne 04-15-2007 02:03 PM

Why do I see Mike Conley's agent skills being right up there with Master P's?

ligastar 04-15-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do I see Mike Conley's agent skills being right up there with Master P's?

[/ QUOTE ]

It may be because you're ignorant and lump all African Americans in your mind as being the same.

Conley recently was named executive director of World Sport Chicago, an organization focused on bringing sporting events to Chicago as a prelude to an Olympic bid by the city. Previously, he was the executive director of the High Performance program of USA Track and Field[1].

Jack of Arcades 04-15-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may be because you're ignorant and lump all African Americans in your mind as being the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

mmbt0ne 04-15-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Conley recently was named executive director of World Sport Chicago, an organization focused on bringing sporting events to Chicago as a prelude to an Olympic bid by the city. Previously, he was the executive director of the High Performance program of USA Track and Field[1].

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, ok. Master P also built a $400M empire. Businessman does not translate over to lawyer.

Degenerasian 04-15-2007 06:47 PM

Not so fast.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=...p&type=lgns

kidcolin 04-15-2007 06:49 PM

Once he talks to Thad Matta, and Thad tells him, "next season, we're going to stick to our jack up 3s style of offense instead of dumping it down low to the most dominant big man in the country", he'll declare for the NBA.

MEbenhoe 04-15-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not so fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're going to take his likely agent's word who could be saying something like this to jack up a shoe contract offer over his dad's? Oden is gone.

Degenerasian 04-15-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not so fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're going to take his likely agent's word who could be saying something like this to jack up a shoe contract offer over his dad's? Oden is gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never stated my opinion on said subject.

D.Puffy 04-19-2007 08:37 PM

bye bye oden

capone0 04-19-2007 10:16 PM

Bye bye everyone. Finally.

ArtMonkRules 04-19-2007 11:11 PM

Who cares. Basketball is stupid.

LBJ 04-19-2007 11:16 PM

Pretty big dick move by Conley there..

Said just two weeks ago that he was 100% returning for his sophomore season. Now he runs off with Greggy...

It's a shame too, I think he could have benefitted hugely from playing another season in college.

jah7_fsu1 04-20-2007 01:22 AM

Kids are always saying they are coming back and don't do it...they just lose a game, get interviewed right afterwards and caught up in something. Julian Wright did this before Conley, and tons of other examples in years past.

Pudge714 04-20-2007 01:25 AM

Mods please ban or change D. Puffy's avatar. I'm an insensitive prick who is pretty much never offended and I think that's way out of line and way too soon.

bottomset 04-20-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods please ban or change D. Puffy's avatar. I'm an insensitive prick who is pretty much never offended and I think that's way out of line and way too soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

just block the image

SuperUberBob 04-20-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so offended by that handshaking icon too.

jah7_fsu1 04-20-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something? What is it supposed to represent?

Dids 04-20-2007 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something? What is it supposed to represent?

[/ QUOTE ]

The handshake is a default icon. I'm assuming it was something related to the VT thing.

Jack of Arcades 04-20-2007 05:37 PM

It said "I still hate VT" or something. See the topic in About the Forums.