Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Flushing urinals with your feet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373791)

gumpzilla 04-06-2007 01:36 PM

Flushing urinals with your feet

So I was just upstairs taking a leak, next to a guy one urinal over. Upon conclusion of his micturition, he lifted up his foot and kicked the handle to flush the urinal. I was pretty taken aback by this and started speculating as to why he would have done it. Is it some kind of crazy germ phobia thing? Is it for increased efficiency so he can use his hands to zip up while flushing and save valuable deciseconds?

More importantly, how many of you out in OOT land do this? If you do, please post below with your reasons.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:38 PM

Re: Flushing urinals with your feet

flushing a urinal?

DemonDeac 04-06-2007 01:38 PM

not for a urinal, but i do it when i use a toilet stall

mbillie1 04-06-2007 01:38 PM

People pee all over the toilets, I use my shoe to flush that bad boy.

blinden84 04-06-2007 01:38 PM

I've been known to wash my hands afterwards.

RunDownHouse 04-06-2007 01:38 PM

Sometimes I do this, but only in really disgusting bathrooms, places like dive bars where there's [censored] on the walls or whatever. I feel kinda bad when I do because I figure that there's nastiness on the bathroom floor, which goes on my show, which I then put on the handle, and the next person will presumably then touch the handle. But if the bathroom is that gross, the next person is probably the reason why, so I only feel a little bad.

Don't know if I've ever done it with another person in the bathroom, though.

mbillie1 04-06-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flushing a urinal?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah I was thinking of toilets for some reason, who flushes a urinal?

GTL 04-06-2007 01:41 PM

i don't do it on urinals because i'm not that flexible. i do it on toilets in stalls. i'm not a germaphobe. there is just pee all over the flushing handles and i don't like touching it.

Aloysius 04-06-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flushing a urinal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha - but seriously alot of guys on my floor do not flush the urinal I've noticed (I work at a big corporation). Why is that? Disgusting.

Also isn't the urinal flush lever really high? How the hell do you reach that with your foot?

-Al

guids 04-06-2007 01:41 PM

I dont flush any public toilets

gumpzilla 04-06-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also isn't the urinal flush lever really high? How the hell do you reach that with your foot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He pretty much wound up and kicked it. It seemed awkward as hell to me.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:43 PM

my reply was not intended to be funny. i can't ever remember seeing a urinal that had a button to flush it. am i just somehow overlooking their existence?

trapsetter 04-06-2007 01:43 PM

Most urinals I use (the ones at work anyway) have laser sensors that know when you're walking away, and they flush automatically. If I had to flush a urinal, i'd probably use the back of my hand and then wash it thoroughly.

In a stall, I always use my feet, no questions asked.

The other thing I do is after I wash my hands, I dry them with paper towel and then keep the paper towel on my hands when i grab the door handle to exit, and then throw the paper towel away somewhere outside the bathroom. There's a ton of piss on that door handle as well, not to mention the faucets.

I guess at the end of the day you're going to come into some contact with other people's waste matter, but i'd like to limit that as much as possible.

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 01:44 PM

This is another one of those small things that give away a person's true douchey inside.

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my reply was not intended to be funny. i can't ever remember seeing a urinal that had a button to flush it. am i just somehow overlooking their existence?

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently. Maybe you thought the big lever above all pre-autodetect urinals was just for decoration?

mbillie1 04-06-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... they all flush. Some have an automated sensor, some have a lever and some have a button. Some have a continuous flow. But virtually all urinals have a user-operated flushing mechanism...

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He pretty much wound up and kicked it. It seemed awkward as hell to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I always hope these idiots slip and fall over on the bathroom floor when they try to do this.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:48 PM

obviously i know about the automated sensor ones.

don't some just flush automatically every 5 mins or so and have no button/lever whatever?

now i think harder i have probably seen a big silver button above the urinal once or twice (and pressed it), but it seems to be incredibly rare in the places i frequent.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:52 PM

me : how often do you see a button/lever hwatever
me : to flush a urinal
him : only abroad
me : ok so its not just me

Homer 04-06-2007 01:52 PM

I use my feet sometimes, but I don't wind up and kick it or anything.

punkass 04-06-2007 01:55 PM

I'm glad my office building has automatic flushes.

MyNameIsSamSnead 04-06-2007 01:55 PM

http://www.michaelmain.com/urinal_cake.jpg

Yeti.....ignore the urinal cake, but notice the large, silver unmistakable flushing mechanism. Do you live outside of the US? Maybe there are urinal variations that don't have this traditional handle.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:58 PM

Yeah, I live in England. It appears we are lagging behind in bathroom hygiene.

Fishmonger 04-06-2007 02:00 PM

wtf, just wash your hands afterwards

Aloysius 04-06-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - this is so retarded to me - take a leak, zip up pants, flush urinal, walk over to sink wash hands.

Where in this process does one feel compelled to high-kick the lever?

-Al

mbillie1 04-06-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where in this process does one feel compelled to bother flushing a urinal at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - this is so retarded to me - take a leak, zip up pants, flush urinal, walk over to sink wash hands.

Where in this process does one feel compelled to high-kick the lever?

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the guys who don't wash their hands.

punkass 04-06-2007 02:03 PM

I kick the level if it's a toilet. I'll flush if using a urinal.

Wash your frickin hands people. It amazes me when I see people just walking out after taking a piss.

Sephus 04-06-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Where in this process does one feel compelled to bother flushing a urinal at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you do it for the next guy.

guids 04-06-2007 02:04 PM

Meh, I dont wash, but I also dont piss all over my hands. the less I touch in a bathroom the better, I also use the papertowel trick to open doors.

miajag 04-06-2007 02:05 PM

I use my elbow. Probably 95% of the urinals I use are automatic flush now, though.

RoundGuy 04-06-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You suck.

Yeti 04-06-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It amazes me when I see people just walking out after taking a piss.

[/ QUOTE ]

This amazes you? Honestly? For what it's worth, I rinse my hands but I'm sure this accomplishes pretty much nothing.

Fishmonger 04-06-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I dont wash, but I also dont piss all over my hands. the less I touch in a bathroom the better, I also use the papertowel trick to open doors.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very odd to me that you'll use a paper towel rather than touch a doorknob with your bare hands yet you don't wash up after pissing.

guids 04-06-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont piss in stalls, and there really is no need to flush a urnial. Im one of those weirdos that dont poop in public restrooms either.

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very odd to me that you'll use a paper towel rather than touch a doorknob with your bare hands yet you don't wash up after pissing.

[/ QUOTE ]
His [censored]'s not dirty, only everyone else's.

Aloysius 04-06-2007 02:09 PM

Patrick - right.

I'm putting posters in this thread on ignore who 1) don't wash their hands after taking a leak 2) don't flush so the next guy is greeted by a urinal full of piss and 3) high-kickers.

-Al

guids 04-06-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it weird that all you guys are apparently peeing all over your hands.

RoundGuy 04-06-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, I've considered this question -- wouldn't you wash before grabbing your penis? Who knows where your hands have been. I know my dicks clean.

You still suck for not flushing public toilets. Like I want to see your [censored] from last night's burrito when I walk into the stall you used....

kerowo 04-06-2007 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one watches Mythbusters or reads the Straight Dope? Your pee hits the urinal and some of it atomizes and gets on your hands. So even though the "...X taught me not to pee on myself" joke is funny, you are still getting pee on you in the bathroom.