Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ATs hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523213)

joker122 10-15-2007 03:11 AM

ATs hand

co is TeamMCO, btn is doughnutz.

stars 50/100 a while ago.

co opens, btn 3bets, i cap in the bb w/ AcTc.

flop 77J w/ 1 club, i bet, co raises, btn calls, i call.

turn is an A, putting 2 hearts up.

plan for turn and river?

NMcNasty 10-15-2007 04:14 PM

Re: ATs hand

Bet and call down as long as you dont face two to you. Both players are capable of playing that flop like that with a lot of weak holdings, and they can both semibluff or free-showdown the turn so I'm not comfortable pitching my ace in such a large pot. Check-calling down is definitely too weak. Check-raising might be good but I still wouldn't want to risk free cards in such a large pot even though they probably only have 2-4 outs.

JustZak 10-15-2007 04:36 PM

I agree that check calling down would be too weak here, but I'm not sure what kind of hands would semibluff or free-showdown the turn on this board given that we cold capped preflop. I would expect to almost never be good here if we get raised after betting the turn.

NMcNasty 10-15-2007 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that check calling down would be too weak here, but I'm not sure what kind of hands would semibluff or free-showdown the turn on this board given that we cold capped preflop. I would expect to almost never be good here if we get raised after betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

After thinking about it some more I can't really think of much either, but both opponents are fairly unpredictable. Maybe they show up with 8hTh or A9 (backdoor flush) somehow. It just doesn't feel right to fold vs those opponents with those odds. Are you really bet/folding there?

JustZak 10-15-2007 05:21 PM

I agree against these opponents I'd be extra hesitant to fold in this big pot. But the texture of this board is such that I think it would probably be correct to bet/fold this turn. I admit that in practice I would end up stubbornly calling down when raised on the turn often, and as I'm thinking about it right now I just think it's wrong even against these two opponents. Despite both of them being a bit unpredictable this just isn't a spot where either one should have an ace we chop with or any kind of semi bluffing hand besides maybe T9, T8 and 98 of hearts.

baronzeus 10-15-2007 06:04 PM

i personally would be checking this turn and calling a bet

Hock_ 10-15-2007 07:02 PM

This is a really interesting hand actually (and I can't wait to find out what happened -- I have no idea). Given this particular board and the preflop action I wouldn't be too worried about draws. And you could well be way behind JJ or AK or A7s or something. Plus there's an outside chance that a lagtard like doughnutz would semi-bluff bet this turn if it gets checked to him. So I think I'd vote to check/call down.

gaming_mouse 10-16-2007 12:11 AM

I know this isnt the point of the post, but is PF standard for you?

EDIT: Also, wtf does does doughnutz have after the flop cc? JTs, JQ, JK, AJ?

Lestat 10-16-2007 01:45 AM

c/r turn, lead river. What else is there?

Lestat 10-16-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i personally would be checking this turn and calling a bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Why check/call after making your hand??

gaming_mouse 10-16-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r turn, lead river. What else is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a J bet if when you check to them? What hands would you be calling down with here?

Orthognathic 10-16-2007 03:49 AM

Agree with Hock_. This is a discussion-worthy spot. It might be an interesting situation to figure out which of the other two players has the stronger hand.

Scary that Hock_ is smooth calling. I didn't know he had a call button!

baronzeus 10-16-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scary that Hock_ is smooth calling. I didn't know he had a call button!

[/ QUOTE ]

he just likes to agree with sharks like me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

joker122 10-16-2007 10:58 AM

i'm sure if you stove ATs against these 2 guys' ranges i have plenty of equity to cap. also i think the post flop FE i gain from capping is not negligible because one has to at least somewhat respect a semi-cold cap.

j4lvlie 10-16-2007 03:14 PM

Call it down

AAlphamale 10-27-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
co opens, btn 3bets, i cap in the bb w/ AcTc.

flop 77J w/ 1 club, i bet, co raises, btn calls, i call.

turn is an A, putting 2 hearts up.

plan for turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's get this straight.

Preflop there is a raise and a reraise before you. You have AT suited which is nice hand to raise when no-one has raised yet. But now it seems likely that you are dominated and with-out position (their hands are maybe JJ-AA, AK, AQ, AJs). You could have called for one bet more, maybe even for two bet more, but there is a danger of cap from the original raiser. I would fold here.

Now. Flop missed you completely. Still you bet?? Board is paired, the other two players have two pair or a full house, or at least better overcards then you. Raise from original raiser and call from button, your hand is no good here. You are drawing dead. The turn A makes things even worse. I would say co has AA-KK and button has JJ which he is slowplaying, or vice versa (button is playing AA-KK weakly), or button has AK-AQ, AJs (most likely). So there may be a boat-over-boat situation and you are just shovelling dead money to the pot. Either way, you are beaten in several possible ways. Have you played much? I think you should start by practicing from $.50/$1 or $1/2 levels. Small Stakes Hold 'Em is a book I would recommend you to read.

But it's nice to notice that the players at limits this high can be as bad as their small stakes colleagues; there will be shortage of fish when I get my bankroll big enough for high stakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

AAlphamale 10-27-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there will be shortage of fish when I get my bankroll big enough for high stakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

shoulda said: no shortage. oh well.

AffleckKGB 10-27-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But it's nice to notice that the players at limits this high can be as bad as their small stakes colleagues; there will be shortage of fish when I get my bankroll big enough for high stakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling there will always be at least one fish at your table.

Orthognathic 10-27-2007 08:49 PM

Affleck... You should know by now that TeamMCO only raises AA or KK in the cutoff. Doughnutz only 3 bets with either AA or KK also but for sure he has JJ or 77 here since he had to flop nuts or second nuts in order to smooth call [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I am still curious what imissparty had here. I do agree that he probably did lose the hand, but I wish AAlpha's thought process was more prevalent in high limit players!

Dankenstein 10-31-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

joker122 10-31-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wp.

KitCloudkicker 11-01-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you played much? I think you should start by practicing from $.50/$1 or $1/2 levels. Small Stakes Hold 'Em is a book I would recommend you to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

i literally cant stop laughing