Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Bonus of Hollywood Poker - Any experiences?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539427)

folding_the_nuts 11-06-2007 01:43 AM

Bonus of Hollywood Poker - Any experiences??

Hi!
I found Hollywood Poker as I checked the different sites which are attached to the bonus-books programm...
600 % Bonus up to 1500 bucks ( max250 *6)+ ipod Nano etc sounds too good. They pay in increments.
Is this site serious? Someone already got his/her bonus??
Multitabling ( max 4) should manage to get the bonus in 3-4 days ( 10/25 cent -tables)

Sounds very good, but I'm not keen on depositing 250 bucks or more without some reassurances...

Any post regarding Hollywood Poker would be nice,

Greets,
Nutsfolder

orlov 11-06-2007 02:42 AM

Re: Bonus of Hollywood Poker - Any experiences??

they are a good safe site, just ur on crack to believe that you can get the bonus in 3-4 days.

NL 25 takes about 1000hands for every 100points.

You need 18000 points for the whole bonus, that is 18million hands.

I really doubt you play 18 million hands of nl25 in 3-4 days.

Bobo Fett 11-06-2007 03:09 AM

Not sure what sounds "too good" about this offer. A good bonus is about more than just its size...this is a 12x bonus, which is pretty crappy on OnGame. BonusWhores shows that clearing at $0.29/hr at .10/.25, so that would be $1.16/hr 4-tabling. As orlov said, you won't be finishing it in 2-3 days.

Hollywood Poker is a reputable site, no problem there. I'd be taking the $200 6x bonus, no point taking OnGame bonuses at 12x...you can find 9x or better all day long, unlimited 7.2x at Tower.

themandude 11-06-2007 03:36 AM

18 million hands, sooo probably be done next weekish

Blue Lagoon 11-06-2007 08:53 AM

You will never clear this bonus playing micro and low limits.

Select the easiest bonus and you will not receive the iPod but a cooool calendar or playing cards.

And you can always buy a good bonus with your Poker Points after clearing your sign-up deposit.

thisnamedoesntfi 11-06-2007 10:03 AM

Hollywood is a great site. As stated at 25NL you need to attack the smaller bonuses. Hollywood has been one of the best sites for me as far as cashouts etc fwtw.

folding_the_nuts 11-06-2007 11:13 AM

Maybe I'm on crack, maybe I only have problems with your language.
I thought they pay 12 points per raked dollar.
if you play 4 tables with an average of 5 dollar pots ( 0,25 dollar rake)and 70 hands an hour.

280 hands an hour * 0,25 = 70 dollar rake
70 dollar * 12 points = 840 points an hour
18000 points / 840 points = 21,42 hours

21,42 hours can be made in 4 days....
What did i get wrong. Please explain in simple english

Nutsfolder

folding_the_nuts 11-06-2007 11:42 AM

Can i at least sell this calendar and the cards for a good bargain
Maybe Ebay??

Blue Lagoon 11-06-2007 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you play 4 tables with an average of 5 dollar pots ( 0,25 dollar rake)and 70 hands an hour.

Nutsfolder

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
I play Limit Hold'em with a $3 Big Bling, and an average pot of $30 .
And in this case the rake is $1.5, and I receive 1.5 Poker Points if, and only if I put money in this pot. If I fold the hand, and I am not in the blinds, I receive 0 Point.

And I can tell you that I receive something like 65 Poker Points for 100 hands played.

In your example, you play 280 hands per hour. So you receive 280 x (65/100) = 182 Poker Points.

With a 12x bonus (meaning 12 Poker Points for $1), you receive 182/12 = $15.17 an hour.

And this example is from a much higher limit than a No Limit game with a $0.25 Big Blind.

Blue Lagoon 11-06-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can i at least sell this calendar and the cards for a good bargain
Maybe Ebay??

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think you will make a lot of money...
The cards are not in Plastic, they are quite cheap. Even if they are obviously quite original with the Hollywood Poker Girls.

folding_the_nuts 11-06-2007 02:53 PM

oh. you only get the rake share if it comes to a showdown...
That's crappy

Bobo Fett 11-06-2007 03:01 PM

You're confusing the clearance rate of the bonus (every 12 points clears a dollar of the bonus) with the rate at which the points are earned. Blue Lagoon is correct, points are awarded in direct relation to the rake. If the rake for the hand is $0.50, everyone who contributed to the pot gets 0.50 points...if $1 is raked, you get 1 point, etc. Again, only if you contributed to the pot. If they gave you 12 points per dollar raked and then gave you a dollar per 12 points, you'd be getting 100% rakeback...of everyone's rake. I think they'd go out of business pretty quick giving out 500-1000% rakeback! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

So in your example, if you are seeing $70 raked every hour, the most you could earn would be 70 points. Of course, you won't be contributing to every raked hand...far from it, hopefully.

In future, it's probably safe to assume that if you calculate that you will earn $10-20 bonus per table hour playing $0.10/$0.25, you've likely made a huge error in the math. Generally speaking, I think anything over $1 per table hour is pretty goood...most bonuses will fall under this.

countjam 11-06-2007 04:35 PM

@ Bobo Fett

if the rake of the pot is $1 you get 0.7 points
if the rake of the pot is $2 you get 1.4 points
if the rake of the pot is $3 you get 2.1 points

the rest of it sounds right to me.

countjam

thisnamedoesntfi 11-06-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@ Bobo Fett

if the rake of the pot is $1 you get 1.0 points
if the rake of the pot is $2 you get 2.0 points
if the rake of the pot is $3 you get 3.0 points

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

orlov 11-06-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nutsfolder

[/ QUOTE ]
Its 12 points to clear 1 dollar of bonus, you dont actually get 12 points for 1dollar in rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

For 0.25 rake/pot you get 0.2points per hand that you contribute in on average.

280hands/hour means you only contribut to bout 140, so you get 28points/hour.

to get 18000points its alot of hours.

I apologize for the crack part, just to used to use the phrase in real life [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Bobo Fett 11-06-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
@ Bobo Fett

if the rake of the pot is $1 you get 0.7 points
if the rake of the pot is $2 you get 1.4 points
if the rake of the pot is $3 you get 2.1 points

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think so....I believe thisnamedoesntfi FYP correctly.

folding_the_nuts 11-06-2007 09:45 PM

Thank you guys!
Not very familiar with bonus,rake,etc, but now i know that is not worth the grind! Not with my bankroll.
Maybe I'm spoilt by the party poker-Bonus i got so easily!

Nutsfolder

thisnamedoesntfi 11-07-2007 02:53 AM

I think the $200 (cleared in two payments of $100) 6x bonus would certainly be worth the grind, especially if you sign up through PSO to get the 9000 points bonus as well, which works out at 2.5x for that $90.

Personally I have found Ongame to have some very soft players so no reason not to try it imo. What you have to do on your roll at the levels you play is find good small bonuses to clear at sites where the higher bonuses are worse. Hollywood is a perfect example of this. Then when you have a bigger roll and can play at slightly higher stakes you can move on to some bigger bonuses.

Bobo Fett 11-07-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What you have to do on your roll at the levels you play is find good small bonuses to clear at sites where the higher bonuses are worse. Hollywood is a perfect example of this. Then when you have a bigger roll and can play at slightly higher stakes you can move on to some bigger bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]
An excellent point....that way you're not leaving any bonus on the table.

I agree on the PSO idea as well...PSO & PokerSavvy are critical bankroll boosters to small stakes players IMO.

folding_the_nuts 11-07-2007 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What you have to do on your roll at the levels you play is find good small bonuses to clear at sites where the higher bonuses are worse. Hollywood is a perfect example of this. Then when you have a bigger roll and can play at slightly higher stakes you can move on to some bigger bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]
An excellent point....that way you're not leaving any bonus on the table.

I agree on the PSO idea as well...PSO & PokerSavvy are critical bankroll boosters to small stakes players IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, thanks for the tip for a boost in my small bankroll.
But I have another question which might sound a bit rookie-like.

Are the bonusses not only for those who sign up for the first time at a page?? So how can I get them step by step without fraud??
The only site I've been playing for longer than one year is Pokerstars. I only get some bonus offers to some special occassions. (WSOOP,etc)
Nutsfolder

thisnamedoesntfi 11-07-2007 08:30 AM

Just to give you the basic idea I'm talking about and Bobo Fett added to........

Take the Hollywood $200 bonus plus the 9000 points ($90) on PSO, and you have a relatively easy to clear bonus even on small stakes. Hollywoods bonuses get tougher to clear the higher the bonus, so naturally those sites aren't really worth chasing the higher bonuses on, for anybody at any stakes. Given that there is so many sites around with high bonuses that clear at the same rate as their lower ones e.g. ipoker sites , it makes sense to clear them later, when you have a bigger roll and can play at slightly higher stakes.

Whichever way you decide to go, you are doing the right thing and researching it first. The last thing you want to do is sign up to a bunch of sites without first plotting the best course for yourself

countjam 11-07-2007 11:11 AM

well i dont know what FYP means, but if you dont belive me just take a look at any ongame site, and find HOW DO I EARN POINTS. and you will see

this is taken from eurobet homepage ( Player points are accumulated by playing ring games and tournaments. Points are awarded at a rate of 0.07 points for each $0.10 of rake in a ring game. For example a rake of $3 will award all players contributing to the pot 2.1 points. For tournaments points are awarded at a rate of 5 points for each dollar of tournaments entry fee paid. For example if a player enters a $10 +1 tournament, he will receive 5 points.)

countjam

cultofray 11-07-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i dont know what FYP means, but if you dont belive me just take a look at any ongame site, and find HOW DO I EARN POINTS. and you will see

[/ QUOTE ]

From towergaming.com:

[ QUOTE ]
Q. How many Player Points do I earn?

For Poker Ring Games: 0.1 points are awarded for every $0.10 in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

thisnamedoesntfi 11-07-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is taken from eurobet homepage ( Player points are accumulated by playing ring games and tournaments. Points are awarded at a rate of 0.07 points for each $0.10 of rake in a ring game. For example a rake of $3 will award all players contributing to the pot 2.1 points. For tournaments points are awarded at a rate of 5 points for each dollar of tournaments entry fee paid. For example if a player enters a $10 +1 tournament, he will receive 5 points.)

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]
I will be steering well clear of Eurobet then. Tower/Best/Hollywood/Pokerroom all get .1 points for .10 rake.

Bobo Fett 11-07-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i dont know what FYP means, but if you dont belive me just take a look at Eurobet, and find HOW DO I EARN POINTS. and you will see

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

FYP means "Fixed Your Post", which is what posters sometimes do in reply to what they see as an error in a post. Rather than reply in detail, they just change the post to the way they think it should be. Perhaps a little confusing at times, but it seems to be a standard 2+2ism. Sorry, I couldn't resist doing it again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, this is either an error on their website, or they have a poor clearing rate. Bonuswhores shows all of them at $1 = 1 point, so I went and checked the websites to be certain. PokerRoom, Hollywood, and Tower all show $1 = 1 point. However, you are correct in that Eurobet shows $1 = 0.7 points. So obviously bonuswhores is in error, or Eurobet is. Seems silly to think it would be Eurobet that's wrong about their own bonus, but I've seen crazier things. I could be wrong, but didn't OnGame change their points from 0.7 to 1 point = $1 when they went from dealt to contributed? Perhaps Eurobet forgot to change that part.

It would be great if anyone who plays at Eurobet could actually confirm the points are awarded differently there. I cleared a bonus there a few months back, but I didn't notice a difference. It was a small bonus though, and if it cleared at 70% of the rate, I might have put it down to tighter play on my part if I wasn't getting cards.

Bobo Fett 11-07-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, thanks for the tip for a boost in my small bankroll.
But I have another question which might sound a bit rookie-like.

Are the bonusses not only for those who sign up for the first time at a page?? So how can I get them step by step without fraud??
The only site I've been playing for longer than one year is Pokerstars. I only get some bonus offers to some special occassions. (WSOOP,etc)
Nutsfolder

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct. If you've already signed up for a site, you can no longer get the site's first time deposit bonus, nor an affiliate kickback. The affiliates get paid for bringing new players to a poker site, and when they give you rakeback or a kickback, they are basically sharing this revenue with you. If you aren't a new player, they don't get paid, so neither do you.

If you have visited a poker room but not downloaded the software or made an account, you usually should clear your cookies before attempting to sign up through an affiliate. If you have downloaded the software but not made a real money account and/or deposited, you may be able to delete the software and clear your cookies or download from a clean computer and sign up through an affiliate, but that depends on the site.

countjam 11-07-2007 07:31 PM

ohhh i see thanks for telling me what FYP. is [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong, but didn't OnGame change their points from 0.7 to 1 point = $1 when they went from dealt to contributed? Perhaps Eurobet forgot to change that part.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i think you are right here, i have just been playing at ongame sites so long time, and didnt notice because i play SNG only now. SORRY ALL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

countjam