Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   iWitness v2 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=63044)

SamIAm 03-16-2006 06:11 PM

iWitness v2

Roland and I wrote an app called iWitness. Maybe you heard about it.

The wiki page over at the OC gives a good description and has decent instructions. You can also download the latest version there.

This Party Poker script opens, and keeps open, tables with your defined characteristics. For instance, you want to observe $10/$20 and $15/$30 6max Limit Hold'Em tables with at least four players sitting. iWitness opens that type of table and watches to ensure they maintain enough players. If the table starts to empty, iWitness closes it and opens a new one.

This has nothing (directly) to do with .hhf files. You need a handgrabber like Juk's FPHG to write those.

Any questions, feel free to ask them here.
-Sam

JoeSchmo 03-17-2006 03:12 AM

Re: iWitness v2

Great program, but I have one question. I'm currently using it for NL Holdem SNGs. Is there any way to specify Speed or Regular? It currently only opens Regular SNGs.

If not, any chance that could be added to the program? Oops, I guess that's 2 questions. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks.

Roland 03-17-2006 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way to specify Speed or Regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1228/speed0nd.png

Roland 03-17-2006 05:41 AM

To everyone having trouble getting iWitness to open tables, I'd like to quote a post Mogobu made on OC:

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I just found a major source of this problem.

One of the work-arounds for the Party problem where we have to click the action buttons multiple times was to install TweakUI, which is a Windows XP Power Toy, and set it for X-Windows mode where activation follows the mouse cursor.

I just watched iWitness repeatedly try to open one table after another, repeatedly getting the "donk" sound because focus was stolen back to the iWitness GUI, where the mouse cursor was.

I turned off X-Windows mode and everything is copacetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

bambi 03-17-2006 07:21 AM

Can you witness tables with certain VPIP etc, or just AV pot and players

Roland 03-17-2006 07:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you witness tables with certain VPIP

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is impossible because that info isn't displayed in the lobby.

Roland 03-17-2006 07:49 AM

To quote Mogobu again:

[ QUOTE ]
If you have Party up and running and a few tables open when you start iWitness, it has trouble opening tables. It's not reading the running tables at startup; it would probably be best to read what's up as a first pass. This is especially useful if you re-start iWitness for any reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.

winchips 03-17-2006 01:45 PM

to datamine i need to:
1. download iwitness
2. get handgrabber

run both and i will be able to on party?

Mogobu The Fool 03-17-2006 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to datamine i need to:
1. download iwitness
2. get handgrabber

[/ QUOTE ]

[Anal Mode]

No.

You need:
1. iWitness to keep farming poker tables.
2. A handgrabber to create hand history texts (FreePHG is great)
3. A poker database system to import the hand history texts into a usable database format.
4. A datamining system or a lot of knowledge about datamining if you're going to do it yourself with queries or code.

Steps 1, 2, and 3 get you data. Step 4 refers to doing actual data mining; data mining is what you do with your data, not what you do to get data.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datamining

[/Anal Mode]

winchips 03-17-2006 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to datamine i need to:
1. download iwitness
2. get handgrabber

[/ QUOTE ]

[Anal Mode]

No.

You need:
1. iWitness to keep farming poker tables.
2. A handgrabber to create hand history texts (FreePHG is great)
3. A poker database system to import the hand history texts into a usable database format.
4. A datamining system or a lot of knowledge about datamining if you're going to do it yourself with queries or code.

Steps 1, 2, and 3 get you data. Step 4 refers to doing actual data mining; data mining is what you do with your data, not what you do to get data.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datamining

[/Anal Mode]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
ok, i have PT - so it sounds like need to follow steps 1 and 2 then import them to PT. What exactly does #4 mean or does it just mean i have to figure out what to do with the info?

SamIAm 03-17-2006 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[Anal Mode] blah blah blah.[/Anal Mode]

[/ QUOTE ]We go through this dance SO many times. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Will somebody please go to Wikipedia and add the "poker definition" of datamining? After all, it's wikipedia; we have the power.

Oh! Or we can use "Datamining" for poker, and "Data Mining" for Mogobu's uptight definition. That'll fix it, right?
-Sam

[ QUOTE ]
I need to follow steps 1 and 2 then import them to PT. What exactly does #4 mean?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. Ignore #4. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

winchips 03-17-2006 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Anal Mode] blah blah blah.[/Anal Mode]

[/ QUOTE ]We go through this dance SO many times. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Will somebody please go to Wikipedia and add the "poker definition" of datamining? After all, it's wikipedia; we have the power.

Oh! Or we can use "Datamining" for poker, and "Data Mining" for Mogobu's uptight definition. That'll fix it, right?
-Sam

[ QUOTE ]
I need to follow steps 1 and 2 then import them to PT. What exactly does #4 mean?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. Ignore #4. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

Mogobu The Fool 03-17-2006 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, the terms are interchangable with or without the space. How about Table Mining? Hand Mining? Poker Mining? All are appropriate and mean the right thing. . .

I wish I could just give up. . .

Mogobu The Fool 03-17-2006 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we have the power.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH.

Jeff W 03-17-2006 07:10 PM

I'm using iwitness w/ multi XP user account networking. How can I configure iwitness to open 10 tables on my 2nd and 3rd xp accounts(assuming I have extra party accounts)? Right now it only opens 4 tables even if I'm logged in.

Thanks.

AngelicPenguin 03-17-2006 07:50 PM

How does the "Play and Witness" option work? It launches a "browse for folder" window asking me to "Select the folder <your screenname> in the HandHistory folder"

I'm lost [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

You need this setting to have witness keep tables up for you while playing, right?

Thanks and great app,
Matthew

WalkAmongUs 03-17-2006 11:15 PM

is there anything that converts the .hhf files to .txt so that i can set up pokertracker to auto-import?

right now it sees the .hhf files but imports no hands.

jukofyork 03-17-2006 11:23 PM

If you are using FPHG to create the .hhf files, then you can just tell it to output .txt files instead.

Just exit run.bat to have the command line options like so:

FreePHG.exe -e txt

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: This sub-tread also explains a method to get PT to import the .hhf using a fake EmpirePoker.exe executable.

WalkAmongUs 03-18-2006 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are using FPHG to create the .hhf files, then you can just tell it to output .txt files instead.

Just exit run.bat to have the command line options like so:

FreePHG.exe -e txt

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly do i modify the run.bat file in the PHG folder to change this? I'm an idiot.

jukofyork 03-18-2006 12:31 AM

If you are not already using the run.bat file, then it may be easier to edit a shortcut:

1. First make a shortcut to FPHG.
2. Right click the shortcut and select properties from the menu.
3. Go to the 'shortcut' tab, and where it says Target: add the option "-e txt" to the end. So the text should now read "<wherever you put FPHG>/FreePHG.exe -e txt".

Alternatively, if you want to edit and use the batch file, then simply open run.bat and edit it to look like this:

@echo off
start /low FreePHG.exe -e txt

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Roland 03-18-2006 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm using iwitness w/ multi XP user account networking. How can I configure iwitness to open 10 tables on my 2nd and 3rd xp accounts(assuming I have extra party accounts)? Right now it only opens 4 tables even if I'm logged in.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tray menu -> Login on... -> <name of user account>

AngelicPenguin 03-18-2006 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
multi XP user account networking

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly? Does this allow you to run multiple instances of Party using different accounts on the same box?

-Matthew

SamIAm 03-18-2006 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
multi XP user account networking

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]You can't run the Party executable twice. However, if you make Windows accounts "PokerMining 1" and "PokerMining 2" and so on, they can all open the Party.exe once each, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

bhudson 03-18-2006 01:44 PM

"Play & Witness" checks your Hhf file and if it's being updated, leaves the table you are sitting at alone.

Roland 03-18-2006 01:52 PM

Lol, I dug out a link but you were faster than me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bhudson 03-19-2006 12:42 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Roland, btw, is there any way you can have iWitness close and restart Party every so often?

I set my machine up and it works fine for about half an hour and then WHAM! - non paged pool memory goes haywire and it crashes. Party is leaking like crazy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Roland 03-19-2006 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Roland, btw, is there any way you can have iWitness close and restart Party every so often?

I set my machine up and it works fine for about half an hour and then WHAM! - non paged pool memory goes haywire and it crashes. Party is leaking like crazy

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this happen even when you're not playing? And every half hour? That's pretty bad.

Either way, not a problem to add that.

bhudson 03-19-2006 02:12 PM

This machine is just for mining, I don't play..

Still trying to find out what the problem is, I'll update if I can narrow it down. And yes, it's basically unusable right now. I suspect though the problem is not party... I'm running the hand grabber across the network, and I think this combined with high CPU usage is exhausting the non-paged pool.

An additional problem, not as serious, is I have this "Error" client in my client list, and it has one table listed as open (it's not really open) taking up a slot, leaving me with only 9 tables open.

The client list reads:
1 Administrator 9
ERROR Administrator 1

Little confused about what's going on there..

Roland 03-19-2006 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An additional problem, not as serious, is I have this "Error" client in my client list, and it has one table listed as open (it's not really open) taking up a slot, leaving me with only 9 tables open.

The client list reads:
1 Administrator 9
ERROR Administrator 1

Little confused about what's going on there..

[/ QUOTE ]

What causes this is when you have another .ini file in the folder you run iWitness from (except the iWitness.ini).
Try giving it it's own folder.

Not sure how it could list a table though...

bhudson 03-19-2006 03:49 PM

Ahhh, I see what is going on with the .ini files - I was sharing the same folder between two different computers. Thanks!

SamIAm 03-19-2006 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, I see what is going on with the .ini files - I was sharing the same folder between two different computers. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]Wait, sharing the folder between two different computers, both using iWitness? That's what you're SUPPOSED to do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

bhudson 03-19-2006 08:13 PM

For networked mining right? I didn't honestly look into the mechanism, but in my case I wasn't mining concurrently - instead I had mined on one machine, turned it off, then started mining on the other.

And in that case the leftover ini files caused the account from the other machine (now off and not in use) to show up and even have tables attached to it (read from the ini file) and those tables would actually count towards the 10 table group total.

marathoner1977 03-21-2006 03:14 AM

I hate to ask this question, but HOW DO U DOWNLOAD IT??????

I registered at www.overcards.com, but when I go to the "iWitness" link I can't figure out how to actually download the program?

TY

spoohunter 03-21-2006 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate to ask this question, but HOW DO U DOWNLOAD IT??????

I registered at www.overcards.com, but when I go to the "iWitness" link I can't figure out how to actually download the program?

TY

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe I have the exact same problem : )

Roland 03-21-2006 04:38 AM

You don't have to "download" it - just copy&paste the code into editor and save as .ahk.
Please read the instructions at the top of the Wiki page.

reset12 03-21-2006 10:37 AM

Is it just me or the overcards.com site is down...
If you guys still have the info written on the wiki page, maybe paste it here. Or i'll wait till the server is fixed.

Anyway, thanx in advance for that code...Can't wait to start mining (fill table!) again.

Roland 03-21-2006 11:03 AM

Working fine for me... try this link.

reset12 03-21-2006 11:23 AM

Nah...still not working..
Doesnt work either with IE...
Weird...

Copy paste?
Thanks

reset12 03-21-2006 11:36 AM

ah...
Find the bug...
My PeerGuardian...
Sorry!

ferb 03-21-2006 11:40 AM

When trying to view tables that I am mining, I am only able to open them for a few seconds and then they minimize themselves. Anyone else experience this?