Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Nov *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536958)

sixfour 11-02-2007 01:27 PM

*** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Nov ***

Didn't see a new thread yet. Been offered two trades, first is a counter when I told someone "lol" when trying to shift me a TE I'm never going to use. My team (4-4, 6/12, standard Yahoo so no PPR):

Cutler
Westbrook/Bush/Barber/White/Young/Chatman
Coles/Curry/Evans/Crayton
Gates/Brady
Bironas
Green Bay

First trade:

I get Donald Lee and Anquan Boldin, and lose Kyle Brady and LenDale White

Second trade:

I get Marc Bulger, Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall and give up White and Lee Evans.

First one's effectively White for Boldin as I'd drop Lee for someone instantly, probably Andre Davis. Opinions on which to go for, if either?

Aces McGee 11-02-2007 01:47 PM

Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Nov ***

I don't like the second deal at all.

Have you shopped White? You might be able to get a better WR bc he's been so hot. If not, I don't mind that one, unless you start four RBs or something crazy. You're plenty deep at RB.

-McGee

kyro 11-02-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you shopped White? You might be able to get a better WR bc he's been so hot. If not, I don't mind that one, unless you start four RBs or something crazy. You're plenty deep at RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The deal in a vacuum is good for him, but I really think he can get more for White, and if not, maybe shop someone else like Barber or Bush for a top WR/QB.

Aces McGee 11-02-2007 01:52 PM

x-post from the "old" thread:

14 team league. 4 pts for passing TDs (had this wrong before), 6 for rushing or receiving TDs. 10 yds rush/rec, 25 yds/pass per pt.

Ronnie Brown's injury leaves me with Jamal Lewis, Thomas Jones, Chris Henry, and Ryan Grant in the backfield. My QBs are Romo and Schaub.

Been offered Jeff Garcia and Marion Barber III for Romo. My first thought was that it's a no brainer, but Romo/Lewis/Jones actually outscore Garcia/Barber/Lewis by about 2 points per game in our format.

All thoughts appreciated (and thanks to kyro for responding to me earlier this morning).

-McGee

Needle77 11-02-2007 08:05 PM

Re: *** Official Fantasy Football Adds-Drops/Trades/Misc Thread : Nov

Start QB, RB, WR, Flex, Flex, TE, K, Def. Keeper League(keep 3)

My roster:(2-6)
QB- Favre, Kitna
RB- Addai, Fred Taylor, Ronnie Brown, DeShaun Foster
WR- Roy Williams, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burres, Patrick Crayton
TE- Bo Scaife

His roster:(4-4 in the wildcard hunt)
QB- McNabb
RB- Clinton Portis, Steven Jackson, Brian Leonard, Jason Wright, Ladell Betts
WR- Owens, Stallworth, Santana Moss
TE- Shockey, Ben Watson

I've been offered SJax for Favre and R. Williams and I declined it. I'm gonna try and get Shockey away from him, seeing as I need a TE desperately. The trade needs to go through and be accepted by 1 am tonight.

What would you guys offer?

sixfour 11-02-2007 08:20 PM

Ended up declining both, am trying shopping White for more but have told the guy in the first trade that I have another offer on the table and to quit screwing about with the tight ends. I'd imagine he'll come back with a straight deal.

What sort of WR do you think I could command for Barber straight up?

EHoffman 11-02-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ended up declining both, am trying shopping White for more but have told the guy in the first trade that I have another offer on the table and to quit screwing about with the tight ends. I'd imagine he'll come back with a straight deal.

What sort of WR do you think I could command for Barber straight up?

[/ QUOTE ]
I recently gave away Santonio Holmes for MBIII. You might be able to pull a Boldin or Chad Johnson depending on your league.

666shooter 11-04-2007 05:13 PM

ESPN league standard scoring. No PPR. 10 team. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K.

QB: Cutler, Rivers
RB: Peterson (MIN), Westbrook, Bush, Kevin Jones, Brandon Jacobs
WR: Holt, Fitzgerald, Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Andre Johnson
TE: Witten, Greg Olsen
K: Stover
D/ST: Redskins, Patriots (Only have the Redskins as a fill-in for Patriots this week, they will be dropped after this week is over)

QB free agents: Gerrard, Huard, Campbell, Warner, Schaub, Losman.

I'd like to trade Jones and/or Olsen for a better QB. I found teams that had two strong QBs and were weak at RB/TE and here are the QBs I believe might be attainable: Team A has Ben Roethlisberger & Matt Hasselbeck; Team B has Marc Bulger & Derek Andersen; Team C has Peyton & Eli Manning; Team D has Drew Brees & Jeff Garcia.

Out of those teams, I think my best shot is Eli Manning. Would you trade Jones/Olsen for Eli Manning? Is there a better deal I can make? Maybe I can trade Jones and Cutler or Rivers for Eli?

Needle77 11-04-2007 08:06 PM

Is Ron Dayne keeper material?

skiier04 11-05-2007 09:41 AM

I get:

Steve Smith

I give:

Edgerin James
Chris Chambers

I have Addai, Marion Barber, and Lamont Jordan as my other RB's, and Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Stallworth, and Ted Ginn as my WR's. I went for this trade after I saw Johnson get hurt bad, and I figured he would be out for the year, or at least a month. It doesn't sound as serious now but either way he still hasn't been performing on the field and I think Steve Smith is at least an upgrade at the #3 receiver spot.

666shooter 11-06-2007 04:33 PM

If Green is going to be out for a considerable period of time and Echemandu doesn't steal TDs, I'd say yes if there aren't any better options out there.

666shooter 11-06-2007 04:41 PM

Steve Smith's value drops without a good QB throwing to him. If Delhomme were still in there then I'd go for it. You already have Wayne, Chambers shouldn't do too bad in SD, Johnson's injury is nowhere near as severe as originally thought...I don't think you should do this trade.

legend42 11-06-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Ron Dayne keeper material?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, assuming your league awards points for a player's cholesterol level.

666shooter 11-06-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd like to trade Jones and/or Olsen for a better QB. I found teams that had two strong QBs and were weak at RB/TE and here are the QBs I believe might be attainable: Team A has Ben Roethlisberger & Matt Hasselbeck; Team B has Marc Bulger & Derek Andersen; Team C has Peyton & Eli Manning; Team D has Drew Brees & Jeff Garcia.

Out of those teams, I think my best shot is Eli Manning. Would you trade Jones/Olsen for Eli Manning? Is there a better deal I can make? Maybe I can trade Jones and Cutler or Rivers for Eli?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget Eli, I don't like his schedule and his numbers aren't very impressive. Is Jones and Cutler or Rivers for Hasselbeck reasonable?

Black Aces 518 11-06-2007 05:18 PM

10 team league, no ppr, 4 pts for pass TDs. You start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR and 2 flex. At QB I have Cutler, Schaub, and Griese (picked him up to play vs DET last week, didn't cut him after Schaub got inj).

At RB, I have Westbrook, K. Jones, McGahee, and R. Bush. WR I have Roy Williams, B. Marshall, R. White.

Since I can't start all 4 RBs, and my QB situation is atrocious, I am looking to trade. There are 2 teams with multiple QBs that are worth approaching. The team with Palmer said not interested in trading Palmer, the team with Peyton only has Peyton, and the team with Brady isn't trading Brady.

So these are the two target teams:

QB Tony Romo, Dal QB
RB Travis Henry, Den RB P
RB/WR Laurence Maroney, NE RB
RB/WR Terrell Owens, Dal WR
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR
TE Kellen Winslow, Cle TE
D/ST Steelers D/ST, Pit D/ST
K Ryan Longwell, Min K
Bench Ladell Betts, Was RB
Bench Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
Bench Julius Jones, Dal RB
Bench Donovan McNabb, Phi QB
Bench Derek Anderson, Cle QB
Bench Kyle Brady, NE TE
Bench Santonio Holmes, Pit

QB Brett Favre, GB QB
RB Larry Johnson, KC RB Q
RB/WR LaMont Jordan, Oak RB
RB/WR Willie Parker, Pit RB
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
TE Tony Gonzalez, KC TE
D/ST Seahawks D/ST, Sea D/ST
K Jason Elam, Den K
Bench Drew Brees, NO QB
Bench Plaxico Burress, NYG WR Q
Bench Chris Chambers, SD WR
Bench Laveranues Coles, NYJ WR Q
Bench Joey Galloway, TB WR
Bench Heath Miller, Pit TE
Bench Giants D/ST, NYG D/ST

So. Which RB should I be most willing to deal, which QB should I target?

Brad22 11-06-2007 09:23 PM

Who would you rather own for the remainder of the season

cookieb 11-06-2007 09:47 PM

Great problem to have but

sixfour 11-06-2007 09:52 PM

I've since [the OP] been shopping White round, and have been offered Curtis and Gore for Evans and White. Take or not? The only change to my roster since the OP is that I've dumped Brady for Andre Davis.

[edit - if it makes a difference, I face the guy offering the trade this week, he's 3-6 vs. my 5-4]

Sickboy 11-06-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've since [the OP] been shopping White round, and have been offered Curtis and Gore for Evans and White. Take or not? The only change to my roster since the OP is that I've dumped Brady for Andre Davis.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be the worst trade ever

correia 11-07-2007 03:30 PM

I'm thinking about trading Lynch for Reggie Wayne. I really don't want to do this but my WR2's suck (Crayton, Cotchery, Walter) and I do have depth at RB.

My team:

WR1: Housh
Rbs: Lynch,Bush,Gore,Graham,Chatman

Thoughts?

hoyasnaxa 11-07-2007 03:50 PM

I would definitely not do that. I dont think you need WRs at all. obv drop walter and pick up chris henry or someone, but I think you are fine.

666shooter 11-08-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN league standard scoring. No PPR. 10 team. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K.

D/ST: Redskins, Patriots (Only have the Redskins as a fill-in for Patriots this week, they will be dropped after this week is over)

[/ QUOTE ]

I get Marc Bulger, I give up Kevin Jones. This would seem to be a no-brainer if it weren't for how the Rams have played this season, the injuries on the OL, and Bulger's injuries (latest being the thumb last week but he isn't listed on the IR this week).

Would you trade Jones for Bulger or save Jones for a different QB deal?

hoyasnaxa 11-08-2007 03:57 PM

I definitely wouldnt trade him for Marc Bulger. I would wait, probably just pick up Losman.

666shooter 11-08-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I get Marc Bulger, I give up Kevin Jones. This would seem to be a no-brainer if it weren't for how the Rams have played this season, the injuries on the OL, and Bulger's injuries (latest being the thumb last week but he isn't listed on the IR this week).

Would you trade Jones for Bulger or save Jones for a different QB deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

I managed to trade Kevin Jones for Matt Hasselbeck...I think I got a steal here considering my RB depth. Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed.

legend42 11-08-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I managed to trade Kevin Jones for Matt Hasselbeck...I think I got a steal here considering my RB depth. Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have tried to trade one of your stud RBs (maybe with one of your QBs) for a top QB. Jones is becoming a very solid RB, and with Hass, Rivers, and Cutler, you're just going to have a big headache deciding who to start each week.

La Brujita 11-09-2007 12:08 AM

i have lt portis barber and j lewis

we only start 2 no flex

i've been offered tj housh and rudi johnson

for portis and barber

i take this no brainer right?

666shooter 11-09-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

we only start 2 no flex

for portis and barber

[/ QUOTE ]

LT is always worth a start but having to choose between Jamal Lewis and Rudi Johnson for the 2nd RB does not sound appealing at all. Who do you have at WR?

Spellmen 11-09-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

we only start 2 no flex

for portis and barber

[/ QUOTE ]

This depends highly on who your other WRs are, please include them. Having to start JLew or Rudi every week is pretty gross, and Housh's value could take a little hit with Henry coming back

legend42 11-09-2007 05:30 PM

I have a couple possible trades in the works, the crux of which are based on which of these WRs is going to be best from here on out (non-keeper, PPR scoring), especially in weeks 14-16 (matchups included in parentheses). If anybody has the insight and generosity to rank them 1 through 4, that would be even better:

La Brujita 11-09-2007 09:01 PM

sorry i should have included wrs

i have santonio holmes marvin harrison driver lee evans berrian

ya i have a good team for an 11 team league

i said no and he changed it to lewis and barber for tj and rudi

i snap called

agent_fish 11-09-2007 10:05 PM

TRADE:
Ryan Grant and Priest Holmes for TO

Should I vote against this trade? The guy giving away TO is a donk. He might think it's really a good idea.

legend42 11-09-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TRADE:

Should I vote against this trade? The guy giving away TO is a donk. He might think it's really a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you're supposed to let him do it.

Thanir 11-09-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TRADE:

[/ QUOTE ]

Our league is commissioner only can veto, and I follow the idea of not vetoing a trade unless I suspect collusion. Who am I to know what the guy is thinking who looks to be getting the short end of the deal. Maybe he sees a lot of value in his end of the trade for the postseason run. I might ask the guy why he is making the trade just because it does seem lopsided, but my guess is he likes those 2 backs, and is heavy in wr?

4 High 11-11-2007 11:07 PM

Who Gets the best side. I am giving up the Anderson side, but i have Brady already and i need WR help pretty badly.

nolanfan34 11-12-2007 12:34 PM

Would you make this trade?

I give up: Jeff Garcia, Jamal Lewis, Dante Stallworth, Kellen Winslow.

I get: Peyton Manning, Lawrence Maroney, Julius Jones, Bo Scaife.

14 team league, .5 pts per reception, TD passes worth 6 pts. My current QBs are Garcia and Kitna. I have Addai, Benson, and Lewis. WR's would be Housh, B. Marshall, and Crayton if I give up Stallworth. Of course losing Winslow would hurt, so is the upgrade with Manning and Maroney worth it?

Thinky 11-12-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you make this trade?

I give up: Jeff Garcia, Jamal Lewis, Dante Stallworth, Kellen Winslow.

I get: Peyton Manning, Lawrence Maroney, Julius Jones, Bo Scaife.

14 team league, .5 pts per reception, TD passes worth 6 pts. My current QBs are Garcia and Kitna. I have Addai, Benson, and Lewis. WR's would be Housh, B. Marshall, and Crayton if I give up Stallworth. Of course losing Winslow would hurt, so is the upgrade with Manning and Maroney worth it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is a good trade for you. You are giving up a lot of good players for a QB who is not producing great fantasy numbers.

I would stay put if I were you.

legend42 11-12-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who Gets the best side. I am giving up the Anderson side, but i have Brady already and i need WR help pretty badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you bother with getting Kitna (who is a top 10 QB that you'll never start) unless you plan on turning around and trading him for another WR upgrade? But I'd prefer to just trade Anderson straight up for a stud WR.

closer 11-12-2007 06:50 PM

I need some help here.

12 Team League

Standard yahoo scoring but touchdown passes at 6 points.

Start

QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/FLEX/TE/K/DEF

My Team

QB: Griese/Huard/Vince Young
RBs: Addai/Rudi Johnson/Kenny Watson/Earnest Graham/Selvin Young/Ryan Grant
WRs: Andre Johnson/Sanontio Holmes/Brandon Marshall/David Patten
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Phil Dawson
DEF: New England

I'm currently on the playoff bubble and I need a QB pretty badly.

Teams Im looking to trade with.

Team A
Marc Bulger/Kurt Warner/Adrian Peterson/Larry Johnson
Team B
Brett Favre/John Kitna/Frank Gore/Fred Taylor
Team C
Matt Hasselbeck/Jeff Garcia/SA/Lynch

What QB do you think I should go after and what RB should I trade?

rafiki 11-12-2007 10:33 PM

MacGuyV 11-13-2007 09:00 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with Boldin? I guess the hip is still bothering him? Would anyone not rather have Driver and/or Andre Johnson going forward?