Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Prop Bet: 60 lbs in 60 days. Discuss (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539534)

eljizzle 11-06-2007 05:39 AM

Prop Bet: 60 lbs in 60 days. Discuss

So like most of you slackers, I've become a fat piece of [censored] over the last few years. Of course not being motivated enough by simple health, I decided I needed a monetary reward for getting back into shape. I met up a with a friend of mine who loves the action and here's what we came up with. I must lose 60 lbs in 60 days to win the bet. I am wagering 500 against his 1500. I can use whatever means necessary and don't have to keep it off for any amount of time.

Here is some basic info. I am 6'0" and when I started this, weighed about 265-270 lbs. I was a week or so into the weight loss when I started to lose motivation so thats when I made the bet. This sucks because its easy to lose the first 10-15 lbs and I made the bet after already losing that...so this will have to be "real" weight loss. We discussed the terms on the evening of 10/31 and on the morning of 11/01, he accepted the bet taking my word that I weighed in at 258.0. So on the morning of 1/1/08 (maybe not 60 days, but that is the day) I must weigh in at 198.0 to win or lose the bet.

I'm about 251 right now...should be interesting.

There are more details, but I'll wait to see if anyone gives a sh!t before I post...I'm hoping this will turn into the "can i hit my friend's fastball" or "do 100000000 pushups" thread...but with my luck, no one will care...

EricW 11-06-2007 05:41 AM

Re: Prop Bet: 60 lbs in 60 days. Discuss

If the money is really important to you and you don't care about your health, you can easily do this by not eating.

EricW 11-06-2007 05:44 AM

Actually I wouldn't say "easily" but you can do it but you'll look like [censored].

Popinjay 11-06-2007 05:47 AM

Crystal meth is your only hope.

Realllly bad idea for a bet imo. If you win, $1500 will not be worth what it will take to get you there. And it's not at all healthy to do this and you will be at high risk to gain it all back at the end.

Baloosh 11-06-2007 06:01 AM

Losing an average of 1 lb. per day for 60 days has got to be one of the most unhealthy things I've ever heard of. GG OP! This is a true BBV4L degen bet. If you win it and survive, you'll be Gildwulf for a day.

Your best bet is to do 100% Atkins diet and force your body into ketosis. Those first 20 or 30 will melt off, but then your problem will be you'll still have another 30 or 40 to go. laffo.

john voight 11-06-2007 06:02 AM

put me down for $130k

eljizzle 11-06-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Losing an average of 1 lb. per day for 60 days has got to be one of the most unhealthy things I've ever heard of. GG OP! This is a true BBV4L degen bet. If you win it and survive, you'll be Gildwulf for a day.

Your best bet is to do 100% Atkins diet and force your body into ketosis. Those first 20 or 30 will melt off, but then your problem will be you'll still have another 30 or 40 to go. laffo.

[/ QUOTE ]

The additional details are that I've done this sort of thing before. Not for a bet though. I went from 270-185 in about 3.5 months with just diet/exercise. A lot of people said "that sounds unhealthy" but I ate fresh fruits/vegetables every day and cycled my ass off. Started at 4 miles/day until eventually I was doing 25-30. I didn't focus on the weight loss, it just came... I didn't starve myself, and on paper the weight loss seemed "excessive" but it seems to me that eating right and exercising are both healthy things, so I don't consider that to have been an "unhealthy" experiment. The only thing that worries me is that that time was the summer, and this is the winter. No way am I riding a bike in this cold. So i'm gonna have to hit the treadmill or something...

I'm not gonna ruin myself to do this...if I fall short, so be it, 500 is not a lot of money and I'll still feel good about being down to 210lb or whatever... Nevertheless, I think it's very doable...

eljizzle 11-06-2007 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the money is really important to you and you don't care about your health, you can easily do this by not eating.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes and no...i've tried this and after a while you just level out...you'd be surprised how much of your daily calorie burning is from your digestive system...you're better off eating a bunch of low calorie foods...the jury is still out on the "negative calorie effect" (foods that take more calories to digest than they contain) but I believe it...I've lost way more weight over a week period of eating apples/oranges/brocolli/spinach periodically throughout the day than i have over a week of starving myself...and i've done both. obviously i'm no nutritionist or dietician, but i know my body better than 99% of people know theirs...so that's just my take

theAMOG 11-06-2007 06:21 AM

How can some people be so dumb

I_AM_EVIL 11-06-2007 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can some people be so dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Genetics???

BooNaNy 11-06-2007 06:46 AM

Dude don't do it. I don't think it's worth it for $1500, imo... Trying to lose 60 lbs without proper program will make you gain more weight in the end. Do it gradually, meaning, start eating healthy and exercise. There is no short cut to losing weight.

yeotaJMU 11-06-2007 06:54 AM

not possible imo... as an overweight person who diets - regains - diets etc you cant do this. i weigh about 250 myself right now and would find it hard to get to 210 in 60 days. also, i have made bets like this for substantial money b4 but the want of food will prevail... i suggest not drinking cuz when ur drunk youll just say [censored] it and eat. gl though i need to diet again too [censored] college food

Spechel EDD 11-06-2007 07:00 AM

lose 40lbs. cut the other 20lbs through sauna room. proceed to pass health problems lane and collect your $1500.

eljizzle 11-06-2007 07:05 AM

the "want of food" is a non issue...I am eating plenty...just salads with spinach and whole vegetables w/ light dressing....sure a slice of papa johns sounds good, as does some in n out burger...but that sh!t will be there in 6 months when I can eat in moderation...the trash food is out of my system now and the occasional craving is quite manageable...

and yes, i plan to do the weight cutting at the end... I'm not sure how effective it will be since most of the "water weight" I would cut was the first 10 lbs that i lost...and ya, i probably won't succeed...that is why i'm getting 3:1...It was pretty dumb to take the bet, much less initiate it, but whatever...if it gets me to 215, it'll be worth the 500 for the motivation i was apparently otherwise unable to come up with....plus i can always buy my way out... i said it before, i'm not gonna kill myself to do this...just eat crazy healthy and do tons of exercise... i never said i was gonna starve myself and take up crystal meth... i'll update on 12/1 or something...

qdmcg 11-06-2007 07:17 AM

THIS IS NOT HEALTHY AT ALL BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE YOU WON'T LISTEN.

CUTTING 20 POUNDS IN A SAUNA ISN'T AS EASY AS PEOPLE MAKE IT SEEM. YOU ALSO FEEL LIKE COMPLETE [censored].

eljizzle 11-06-2007 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THIS IS NOT HEALTHY AT ALL BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE YOU WON'T LISTEN.

CUTTING 20 POUNDS IN A SAUNA ISN'T AS EASY AS PEOPLE MAKE IT SEEM. YOU ALSO FEEL LIKE COMPLETE [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ask Gabe Ruediger... (someone will get this, I'm guessing DannyOcean will be one of the first)

Dakotasdad 11-06-2007 08:11 AM

GG health

EddieRooo 11-06-2007 08:24 AM

lol @ people that think eating well and exercising loads is unhealthy.

You'll be shattered but if you have the time to constantly exercise (assuming you do the right stuff- ie not weights etc) then I don't see why not.

qdmcg 11-06-2007 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You'll be shattered but if you have the time to constantly exercise (assuming you do the right stuff- ie not weights etc) then I don't see why not.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ people thinking its healthy to cut 1 pound per day (3500 caloric deficit)

ZBTHorton 11-06-2007 09:06 AM

I lost 100 pounds in 100 days a couple of years ago. 100% healthy. Being monitored by a doctor, nutritionist and personal trainer all the time.

It doesn't HAVE to be unhealthy and bad. You just have to be amazingly motivated and have nothing else to do, ever.

qdmcg 11-06-2007 09:10 AM

how much did you weigh originally? the heavier you are, the easier it is

PS -- i expect you'd agree that regardless of your situation its more than likely going to be unhealthy for most individuals. it will also encourage a lot of muscle loss which is counter productive to most people's goals

gobbomom 11-06-2007 10:13 AM

I think I would've waited 'til after Thanksgiving and Christmas to do this, but good luck OP

ricav 11-06-2007 10:21 AM

get rid of a leg or two and you're done, easiest 500 bucks eva

Quanah Parker 11-06-2007 10:35 AM

Awesome prop bet.
Considering OP's history, he stands a chance of making this.
OP might want to check out some wrestler forums, they're the masters of extreme weight loss.
The timing of the bet is the worst thing. With less daylight, motivating to do the required exercise will be tougher, and you're Jan. 1st finish date is right after the holidays. Temptations will be abundant.
GL on the $1.5k. I think it will be close.

Colm 11-06-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lose 40lbs. cut the other 20lbs through sauna room. proceed to pass health problems lane and collect your $1500.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much. plan on cutting a tonne of water the day before. drink a gallon of water a day the week of and cut the water 24 hrs before weigh in, you will lose a lot through urine, then go sauna suit. (consult doctor etc etc) go to a wrestling forum to learn how to cut water weight properly. eat healthy, exercise a lot, and be safe. good luck.

Colm 11-06-2007 10:42 AM

additionally, 20lbs is a lot easier to sweat/piss out for a 218lb guy than a 175lb guy (gabe cake), but the fact that you would not be in the same shape as a pro athlete would make it harder so it's a trade off. i've cut about 10lbs w/ no sweating, only pissing without much difficulty at 170 so i bet you could do 15 easy at 213 if you had to.

Scorpion 11-06-2007 11:17 AM

There is an easy way to do this and it is by taking DNP. You could lose 60 lbs in less than 60 days with it.

plzleenowhammy 11-06-2007 11:22 AM

just get a tapeworm.. ez mobney

FaDi 11-06-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is an easy way to do this and it is by taking DNP. You could lose 60 lbs in less than 60 days with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol one of the first things i got when i searched for that was this

http://www.sonoma-county.org/da/DNP_alert.htm
and this

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/steroid-profiles/dnp.htm
[ QUOTE ]
Risks/Side Effects

Hearing all of these wonderful things probably has you wondering what the side effects and risks are. They are quite formidable and contribute to making DNP one of the most intolerable (though effective) drugs used in bodybuilding. Starting with the most significant, and descending in importance, are the following risks and side effects of DNP use.

Risks:

Overheating - There is no upper limit to DNP's body temperature increase, meaning that one may literally "cook from the inside" if they take too much. Dosage considerations will be given later, but even an overdose of 4-6 times the recommended dosage may be lethal. Much smaller overdoses may result in damage to the brain and/or other body systems.

Carcinogenesis - Phenols in general are reputed to be carcinogenic. Although 2,4-dinitrophenol has never been implicated in a cancer diagnosis, some are nonetheless concerned, and understandably so. In addition to the inherent carcinogenic potential caused by its status as a phenol, production of free radicals and the release of various compounds stored in adipose tissue stores during DNP's rapid oxidation of fat may also potentially be harmful.

Death - This is self-explanatory and has occurred with several bodybuilders who chose to use this compound.

Side Effects:

Discomfort and sweating - This is the single most noticeable effect of DNP use, both by the user and those around him/her. Even in the winter, while indoors at ambient temperatures, one may expect his or her shirt to be completely soaked through with sweat. Those with jobs requiring formal or semi-formal apparel are advised to consider other means of fat loss (or a new job, if preferred). Other obvious considerations lie in the areas of social life, personal appearance, etc. and the user must prioritize.

Insomnia - Second in frequency of reports to sweating and discomfort is insomnia; this may be at least partially attributed to discomfort. Possible means of countering this include such supplements as Valerian root or melatonin. Alternatively, one may deal with this via prescription or OTC sleep medications or GHB-A precursors. However, these may be addictive if used on a regular basis and if their use may be avoided, by all means abstain from using them.

Yellow bodily fluids - Some don't notice this, but others find that all of their bodily fluids take on a yellowish appearance. Urine is a darker yellow, and even semen and vaginal secretions may be affected. According to current knowledge, this is not known to be harmful in and of itself.

Muscle Soreness - This is yet another thing that may be minimized via cerebral function. Dan Duchaine has recommended using a weight such as to allow no fewer than 15 reps per set of any weight training workout; judging from anecdotal reports and personal experience, this seems to be good advice. Low levels of ATP are a cause of muscle soreness in and of itself; the additional factor of encumbered recovery mechanisms make extreme soreness (and if not careful, catabolism) quite possible.

Allergic Reactions – These are highly individualized but may be summarily discussed. Various reactions are common with DNP use, and approximately 10% of users will be extremely allergic to it. Allergic reactions can include hives, blisters, and/or inexplicable rashes. If you suffer any of these side effects, and they are extremely bothersome, it is the recommendation of the author to cease usage immediately. If so desired, another trial may be made at a later date with a lower dosage, but do not attempt to continue the drug cycle at that point.

Carbohydrate Cravings - To counter this, some methods will be touched on later. As with most diets, willpower is sometimes the single most important factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scorpion 11-06-2007 01:25 PM

I am not going to argue if DNP is good for you or not. Just that it will work if he were to want to win bad enough. He said he could use any means necessary to lose the weight. This is an option.

ianisakson 11-06-2007 01:52 PM

i'm a former wrestler and expert in speed weight loss.

OP is correct in eating lots of fruits in vegetables, the key to rapid weight loss is to keep your metabolism burning, starving yourself will get you a hard and quick 10-15 pounds but you will lose no actual body mass. I always tried to break my day down into 3 sections, Morning, afternoon, and evening. In the morning you want to try to get up on a regular schedule and get in an early workout if possible as well as get your carbs for the day in (if you plan on having any carbs in your diet) and some fruit for the sugar/quick energy. Carbs tend to take a few hours to digest and give you the energy you'll need through the afternoon and evening.
Try to stay active through the afternoon and keep your body burning calories whether it's another workout or just not sitting on your ass all afternoon. your afternoon diet should be switching to vegetables, proteins, and maybe another serving of fruit.
In the evening it's very important to eat your lightest meal of the day and avoid carbs, including things that are high in sugar ldo. Another thing that you can do in the evening is situps and pushups along with some stretching, this will keep your body burning calories even while you sleep. Drink lots of water throughout the day obviously and you should have some success.

cliff notes: Watch your carb intake, they take a few hours to digest and eating carbs late in the day will not help you lose weight. Do your big workout for the day in the morning to keep your body in full calorie burning mode all day. Focus your diet on fruits and vegetables and enough proteins to keep your muscles in good shape to burn calories.

BowToYourSensei 11-06-2007 01:55 PM

i've done this in slightly over 60 days. if you're willing to limit your diet to salads and fish and excercise the insane amount it takes to do this, then go ahead.

otherwise, lololol you're [censored]

EDIT: also, you pretty much can't drink anything except water

xSCWx 11-06-2007 02:06 PM

I saw a thing on spike TV UFC I think where a guy got his ass cleaned out to make the cut for his weigh-in.

Poop it out.

fluffpop62 11-06-2007 03:51 PM

Actually I would recommend the Raw Diet or becoming a vegan. If you actually adhere to either you will lose quite a bit of weight.

Google 30 Day SuperCharge me (watch the youtube video)

or pick up Skinny Bitch

good luck!

ianisakson 11-06-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I would recommend the Raw Diet or becoming a vegan. If you actually adhere to either you will lose quite a bit of weight.

Google 30 Day SuperCharge me (watch the youtube video)

or pick up Skinny Bitch

good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

girl diets don't work lol

27offsuit 11-06-2007 04:35 PM

Impossible.

Unless, of course you Ride The Snake.

AntonHeat 11-06-2007 05:10 PM

TR this plz op like day to day blog it or w.e

Spechel EDD 11-06-2007 05:42 PM

so many fatties lmao

eljizzle 11-06-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TR this plz op like day to day blog it or w.e

[/ QUOTE ]

With work and stuff, I don't have time...but basically as long as I'm losing a pound a day, i'm not really gonna do anything but diet/exercise...when that starts to level out (which will be soon) I'll basically be upping the exercise factor...and I'll definitely do an update every week or so in December or something...

Quicksilvre 11-06-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about triple the safe rate of weight loss, that's why not.