Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   WPEX Regulars thread (lc) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419637)

DING-DONG YO 06-04-2007 03:18 PM

WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

OK Im pretty curious what yall think of some of the MHSH WPEX regs.

hoppscot22 06-04-2007 03:27 PM

Re: WPEX Regulars thread (lc)

I don't even know who still plays cause i no longer play on there. But when i logged a lot of hours in there I played a lot against the following.

- Da Enigma: Solid 2+2'er im pretty sure. Played a lot with him whether that was 50-100 heads up trying to get other to join or what not. Looking back I was def -EV against him, I think hes good.
- Twayankees: I'm not sure. Ran good toward the end of when i was playing, cant be a long term winner.
- Boypinoy: Maybe a bot?!? I dunno, plays bad, but probably is up on me lifetime heads up (always plays 30 60)
- Damanwithdamoves: Tricky laggy guy that always gave me a ton of trouble.
- MadCaddy: Toward the end of my run he jumped on and played a lot of 100 200. He got me good playing heads up and shorthanded when i would tilt. I thought he was probably the best player i have ever played heads up, doubt he still plays.
- Retirementmoney: Donator, too bad he busted his account when I was moving back to school playing 100-200 with I think enigma and tongni, maybe reztez too. I was sad when he disappeared.
There was another guy who played high from some foreign country who was absolutely atrocious, cant remember his name but he crushed me.

DING-DONG YO 06-04-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- Twayankees: I'm not sure. Ran good toward the end of when i was playing, cant be a long term winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree, but saw him at 100/200 the other day. He can't be that busto.

killsadie 06-04-2007 03:56 PM

taking shots

SteveL91 06-04-2007 04:29 PM

Off the top of my head from 5/10 and 10/20:

jhstv17 (or something similiar). I haven't seen him in a while, but I thought he was one of the better players I encountered.

GoingDownSlow. Same as above.

I_DRAWOUT_U. I may have got the name wrong, but he's from Denmark. He doesn't play that often, but when he does, he's probably one of the better players. There's someone with a similiar name (I_SUCKOUT_U or something similiar) from Norway who can be a pain to play against if you're running bad, but he's pretty prone to tilting. And he's such a whiny bastard that I'll never think he's anything but mediocre.

JoeKKer. I think he's just moved up to 5/10 from 3/6. I think he's +EV in the games, and he's not really bad... but he needs to learn how to adjust to different players. The first time I played with him, I thought he was decent/good, but the second time, he was really spewy. So, while I don't think he's bad, he needs to retain better control over his emotions, or back off the LAGgier players until he's more comfortable adjusting to them.

There's one or two others I know I'm leaving out, but I just can't remember their nicks. These are really just the guys who I thought were/could be at least decent, and who I don't know whether or not they're 2+2.

PokerBob 06-04-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

JoeKKer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is not good.

PokerBob 06-04-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Off the top of my head from 5/10 and 10/20:

jhstv17

GoingDownSlow.

[/ QUOTE ]

both very solid.

jstill 06-04-2007 08:54 PM

im curious how many people here beat the 5/T or lower at wsex for more than 1bb/100 (or even breakeven) over more than 100k hands

i just can not, im a loser pre rakeback, the tables are tight usually, most playres are ok, the rakes high pre rakeback and apparently i have some real leaks i cant figure out? altho i have improved a ton and figured some out along the way

just venting, today i dropped a grand pre-rakeback while raking 300 over 2k+ hands at 3/6 and am a bit discouraged since this was a really [censored] run.

somethin makes me think i should have taken gehrig/ ilp's advice along time ago and not had this been my sole site since the ban

hoppscot22 06-04-2007 09:04 PM

BB wise i was very much breakeven at wpex, maybe like a .2 or .3/100 winner over 100k hands. But the immense amount of rake from playing shorthanded with their high rake system made my winrate... I'm not exactly sure on the numbers but pretty high.

jstill 06-04-2007 09:33 PM

yeah i know my winrate in the end after gettin 100% rb is nothin to sneer at since u can lose 1bb/100 and be making over 2bb/100 which is a significant amount of money for playing small stakes online poker as a source of income, but just pscyhologically its kinda harsh to see ur money on the table consistently dwindling in the long run and it bruises my ego a bit to think some of these players i think im probably better than in general may be doing better than me? aka they are actually better than me.

plus eventually i fear my spending will busto me so id like to figure out what people are doing to get an edge in these games so i can make more, move up and move money to other sites

jstill 06-04-2007 09:40 PM

what are ur guys impressions of these players:

jabbahursty
bigdog ( somethin attached to it i forget)
capptain
queenly
syrah
keepatit
nunnnnzzzz
john the fox
illogic
inthenut
goingdownslow
imagumdrop

for known 2p2ers mrmumsan and sonartec gave me a hard time with their styles esp if running cold, and inferno and guruman especially have pretty much owned me in the past altho inferno plays less often and higher now.

there used to be a sick lagtag Poirot that i guessed was one of the only true large winners pre rakeback, he stole like 50% and was probably 30/20/3 ish . He was european i believe but disappread eventually, thank god cuz i never won a pot off him. was he one of u?

jstill 06-04-2007 09:42 PM

also for girls, jody mac lisa something and wsex girl what do u think

DeathDonkey 06-04-2007 11:52 PM

Da_Enigma is very good and plays more hands than should be humanly possible but is not a bot [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Twayankees is a winning player in certain lineups very shorthanded but I will die convinced he is a LAG fish but I have never seen him take a loss I don't think.

Boypinoy busto'ed or quit I think.

Damanwithdamoves plays almost as much as da_enigma but if you think he is tricky or laggy then I don't know what to tell you. Very solid player but a bit weak tight IMO. He's gonna bust my balls for that comment but I never minded having him at the table whereas da_enigma made me sad on a regular basis.

MadCaddy - I'm 99% certain this was the actual MadCaddy because he probably has tons of money on WPEX for sportsbetting and randomly plays poker there. He is extremely good and experienced and when I used to see you playing him I always laughed at your awful game selection.

I was RabitWombat (unfortunate typo when I created it and you can't change names) if anyone has any comments I no longer play there.

-DeathDonkey

Kinja 06-05-2007 12:10 AM

Hey Wombat, why you give up at WPEX? Bust out?

Kinja 06-05-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agree, but saw him at 100/200 the other day. He can't be that busto.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is playing when the 50/100 and 100/200 games are going. He re-defines the term "LAG" but does it well. Tilt prone and comments on his poor play all the time, kinda funny.

hoppscot22 06-05-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Damanwithdamoves plays almost as much as da_enigma but if you think he is tricky or laggy then I don't know what to tell you. Very solid player but a bit weak tight IMO. He's gonna bust my balls for that comment but I never minded having him at the table whereas da_enigma made me sad on a regular basis.

MadCaddy - I'm 99% certain this was the actual MadCaddy because he probably has tons of money on WPEX for sportsbetting and randomly plays poker there. He is extremely good and experienced and when I used to see you playing him I always laughed at your awful game selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

MadCaddy plays very very good. Unfortunately for me, when i played him I was tilty/running reallly badly/he was running well. Therefore that was a bad situation. He did indeed bet sports and that is in fact the case the main reason he had money on wpex i think. I often talked to him about his sports betting, he might take 10k off me one day, but wouldnt even really care because he had put 80k on the ncaa tourney or something. Obviously terrible game selection, but I was (and still am, but not to the same extent) a very arrogant "I'm the best" kinda guy. That has been a good thing, and a bad thing in poker for me. Playing MadCaddy = obviously a bad/expensive lesson that I learned.

Ex MadCaddy runs good:

** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to hoppscot22: [4s, 4d]
Player 4: Fold
Player 5: Raise ($200)
Player 6: Fold
hoppscot22: Call ($100)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [4h, 7c, Qh]
hoppscot22: Check ($0)
Player 5: Bet ($100)
hoppscot22: Raise ($200)
Player 5: Call ($100)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [Qc]
hoppscot22: Bet ($200)
Player 5: Raise ($400)
hoppscot22: Raise ($400)
hoppscot22: Call ($200)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [Ac]
** End Round **
** Evaluate **
Player 5: Show Cards ($0)
hoppscot22: Muck ($0)
** Showdown **
Main pot $3245, Rake $5
Summary hoppscot22: bet $1600, won $0, net $-1600, HoleCards [4s, 4d]
Summary Player 5: bet $1600, won $3245, net $1645, HoleCards [Qd, As], HiHand [a full house, queens full of aces] [Qh, Qd, Qc, As, Ac], won $3245 from main pot

(bad river bet looking back, sigh)

I'm glad i could offer a little comic relief in your life DD.

As for my comment about daman vs da_enigma. I dunno i played a lot more with da enigma im pretty sure, and i never had as much trouble with him compared to damanwithdamoves. I was maybe just running better against Enigma, but my comment was just based on my memory of daman busting my balls more then da enigma.

Tway runs good:

** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to hoppscot22: [Ks, Ad]
Player 6: Fold
Player 1: Fold
hoppscot22: Raise ($150)
Player 5: Raise ($200)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [Jh, Qc, Ts]
hoppscot22: Bet ($100)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [Qh]
Player 5: Call ($200)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [Qd]
Player 5: Call ($200)
** End Round **
** Evaluate **
hoppscot22: Show Cards ($0)
Player 5: Show Cards ($0)
** Showdown **
Main pot $1795, Rake $5
Summary hoppscot22: bet $700, won $0, net $-700, HoleCards [Ks, Ad]
Summary Player 5: bet $800, won $1795, net $995, HoleCards [9h, 9s], HiHand [a full house, queens full of nines] [Qh, Qd, Qc, 9s, 9h], won $1795 from main pot

(river bet debateable, made a post about it, who cares damn you tway)

I played a fair amount with someone that i think was called Gooftroop - i think that was his name. There are similar people on 2+2 dont know if he is any of them. I didnt think much of his game, would probably still play him heads up 1-2. I actually thought he was really bad, i think most people who play heads up limit holdem think that their opponents suck, so maybe he is really good...

** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to hoppscot22: [Kd, As]
hoppscot22: Raise ($150)
Player 4: Raise ($200)
Player 4: Call ($100)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [Ac, 9d, 3d]
Player 4: Check ($0)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [Td]
Player 4: Call ($200)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [4s]
Player 4: Raise ($400)
** End Round **
** Evaluate **
Player 4: Show Cards ($0)
** Showdown **
Main pot $2198, Rake $2
Summary Player 4: bet $1100, won $2198, net $1098, HoleCards [4c, 4h], HiHand [three of a kind, fours] [4s, 4h, 4c, Ac, Td], won $2198 from main pot
Summary hoppscot22: bet $1100, won $0, net $-1100, HoleCards [Kd, As]

(the old river one outer)

Hand ID 94521975
$100/$200 Texas Hold'em (Split Limit) - 01:59:19 18/03/2007 ET
Table 'Push (6 Max)', 6 seats max, Real money
Seat 4 is the button. Small Blind $50, Big Blind $100
Note: seat IDs range from 1 to 6
Seat 4 (playing) : Player 4, amount $5874, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Seat 5 (playing) : hoppscot22, amount $15919, amount bet $0, penalty (None)
Player 4: Small Blind ($50)
hoppscot22: Big Blind ($100)
** Dealing Down Cards **
Dealt to hoppscot22: [Kh, Kd]
Player 4: Raise ($150)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [Kc, 5d, 8s]
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [7h]
hoppscot22: Raise ($400)
Player 4: Call ($200)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [4s]
** End Round **
** Evaluate **
Player 4: Show Cards ($0)
** Showdown **
Main pot $2798, Rake $2
Summary Player 4: bet $1400, won $2798, net $1398, HoleCards [6s, As], HiHand [a straight, four to eight] [8s, 7h, 6s, 5d, 4s], won $2798 from main pot
Summary hoppscot22: bet $1400, won $0, net $-1400, HoleCards [Kh, Kd]

Last two from heads up match with this gooftroop character, i obviously ran pretty badly down the stretch.

Looking back at some of these hands I ran really badly the last 2k or so hands i played at 1-2. No wonder i want to avoid heads up limit holdem now.

Kinja 06-05-2007 12:29 AM

Would like to hear some thoughts on SillySal. This player is always sitting on a 30/60 table waiting to play heads-up and never joins existing games. I've only watched the dude play 3 times and seemded very LAGy but hey, its heads-up.

DeathDonkey 06-05-2007 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few reasons...concern about bots, lack of game selection, losing (mostly losing). Lifetime on wpex I beat 10/20 and 20/40 for a handy clip and got slaughtered at 5/10 and 30/60 and up which I don't really have an explanation for. With my rakeback I still did fairly well of course but I made a decision that playing 25k hands and breaking even with extremely large swings in both directions and then getting a fat rakeback payment was not worth the stress and mental anxiety I underwent during those huge swings. I think playing with such a low edge and with the frustrating style of some of the players on wpex was causing me to tilt easier and just add stress to my life.

-DeathDonkey

Kinja 06-05-2007 12:57 AM

excellent reasoning, and I agree as I am in the same position but running well recently at 20/40 and 30/60. We played once heads-up and you killed me, you hit every flop and draw. anyhow, good luck to you out there, I respect your game and learned a few things from ya.

Ps. for some reason I can't beat the 5/10 as well, I'll be dammed, got to rethink that one and adjust.

surfdoc 06-05-2007 01:02 AM

DD. I didnt play there very long but I quit for the exact same reason you did. Being a break even player or -1/100 loser and making the same as I would elsewhere being a 1/100 winner is not even close to the same mentally. Way easier to put in hands when you can outplay people and feel good about your game.

bugstud 06-05-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DD. I didnt play there very long but I quit for the exact same reason you did. Being a break even player or -1/100 loser and making the same as I would elsewhere being a 1/100 winner is not even close to the same mentally. Way easier to put in hands when you can outplay people and feel good about your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I'm going with the get outplayed and run hotter than the sun treatment currently.

PokerBob 06-05-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A few reasons...concern about bots, lack of game selection, losing (mostly losing). Lifetime on wpex I beat 10/20 and 20/40 for a handy clip and got slaughtered at 5/10 and 30/60 and up which I don't really have an explanation for. With my rakeback I still did fairly well of course but I made a decision that playing 25k hands and breaking even with extremely large swings in both directions and then getting a fat rakeback payment was not worth the stress and mental anxiety I underwent during those huge swings. I think playing with such a low edge and with the frustrating style of some of the players on wpex was causing me to tilt easier and just add stress to my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the mental aspect of wpx is often overlooked, so i am glad you brought it up. the bottom line is to make money, but that often is not enough. i know several people who simply cannot stand to look at PokerTracker and see red numbers, regardless of whether or not they are actually earning money.

also, the players are much more aggro than at other sites. this does not mean that they are better by any stretch, but the beats that they dish out are phenomenally retarded and can be super frustrating.

SteveL91 06-05-2007 03:01 AM

I've played roughly 47000 hands at WPEX since the start of the year. I'm only up a little bit from play, but I'm up nicely overall due to rakeback. I'm still down ~200BBs at 5/10 over 31500 hands, and I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to subject myself to that hell long enough to climb out of it. Frankly, I think I'd rather jerk-off with a cheese grater. I know I've been running pretty obscenely, but maybe I don't have as big of an expectation as I thought (I figured 1-1.5 overall). Either way, seeing the big streaks of red and the piss poor winrate can be soul crushing, but you get used to it. As long as I make money, I'll live.

FWIW, I play as rogueshadow. I've been pretty inconsistent this year, but lately, I think I've been playing pretty well. Except tonight. I was really spacey tonight and playing pretty bad; kept misreading my hand and the board, etc.

inferno 06-05-2007 03:31 AM

I heard twayankees say his br was atleast 200k that was a couple of weeks ago but he isnt a very good players.
Da Enigma is prolly the only player who adapted to my style hu, I beated him first time we played hu and he took my buyins after that. That being said I am green in every limit except 2/4 (and 10/20 fullring) at wpex. I think most money comes from people who suddenly join the site(or the high limits) play some days and are gone after that. Lately I only see Nemo_bladen(or something) sitting and sometimes da_enigma nonethereless 20/40+ games are pretty much dead. OOH right before I forget yesterday I played some 10/20 and a player called thanatos or something (huge spazz) was kinda beating me badly but I dont know wheter he is good or just lucky that one session.

DeathDonkey 06-05-2007 04:41 AM

You must be one of the bots then, I did well against them heads up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inferno, you are the only person I've heard who is beating the 5/10 so congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

DING-DONG YO 06-05-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must be one of the bots then, I did well against them heads up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Inferno, you are the only person I've heard who is beating the 5/10 so congrats! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

5/10 is the only limit I can beat on there consistently.

DING-DONG YO 06-05-2007 08:54 AM

Few more, what do you guys think of:

doperoper
deetleman (or something close)
precision auto
bluffcall

context 06-05-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Few more, what do you guys think of:

doperoper
deetleman (or something close)
precision auto
bluffcall

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't played there much lately, but from what I saw several months ago.

doperoper - thought he was pretty straight-forward to play against.

deetlman - few notes on him, lag who doesn't seem to believe you when you have a hand.

precision - made a comment in chat aluding to be a well known 2+2er, pretty good, very agressive.

bluffcall - don't think I've played them.

jstill 06-05-2007 12:34 PM

precisions definitely good, i usually dont sit at his six max tables unless theres one or 2 known idiots, i assumed he was 2p2 or atleast lurked but didnt think hed be a well known one playing 3/6 - 5/T

inferno 06-05-2007 12:36 PM

precision_auto and doperoper have their share to make trashtalk comments in chat and are both prolly 2p2 (I know precision_auto is 2p2 for sure)

jstill 06-05-2007 12:44 PM

imagumdrop and jabbahursty both give me hell as well, particularly the former over a smaller sample

jabbas probably the second biggest whiner on the site tho besides gambo idiots

danzasmack 06-05-2007 01:59 PM

this site = no lettin' me deposit

PokerBob 06-05-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

danzasmack 06-05-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm down well over 200bb's since friday. everything hits vs. me. If i was on this site you would be robusto soooo fast it's like absurd. Free moneys. For all.

I will admit this is the only time I appreciate 2p2. A few years back had i been going through swings like these i would be 110% broke. Thanks you flippin' nits.

ggbman 06-05-2007 02:26 PM

Twa has a pretty good underdstanding of the game but goes on tilt retarded easy and usually ends up donking it up b/c of that...

Madcaddy hasn't been playing there at all latley... I always felt like he ran well but in retrospect he also played very well overall

Feitefrank or whatever his name is has been playing a lot less, and IMO used to be one of the tougher opponents but makes more marginal mistakes now when he does play

DaManWitdaMoves is a good player who is tough when he's on his B game or better

I_Drawout_U is pretty good as well... i'm prolly forgetting a good number of people, im really only going to compliment who doesnt suck and not say who does [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerBob 06-05-2007 04:12 PM

my favorite wpx player was Jozlak. he even gave me his stars SN, so i could torture him there. i miss him. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

jstill 06-05-2007 06:14 PM

there was a Mr woo or something like that for awhile (mr then something asian), he was my favorite by far, a true maniac.

in all honesty infernos definitely rite, the true fish/ easy money dont last long there. u ll catch a true loose passive or real idiot donk every once in a great while but they ll be around for like a month sporatically then disappear forever.

hofbrau's a regular who seemed solid for awhile then he started adding all these leaks to his game like cold calling utg raises next in fr with mid pps in MP and cold calling HU alot in the sb in 6max over and over and over again.

master p also seemed like a serious lag fish, who plays occasionally, and loves to try to be overly tricky/ deceptive for no good reason. hes kicked my ass every encounter tho and made me reload multiple times so i guess i cant talk [censored]

jstill 06-05-2007 06:19 PM

fwiw parvelx the 2p2er thinks i suck bad and always talks [censored] to me saying i never fold my blinds, and never fold postflop even tho my bb defense is only like 55% and i showdown in the low-mid 30s. Hes not alone tho i get berated fairly regularly.

jabbahursty used to talk alot of smack to me saying i was a sick maniac freak (like he does to everyone else) but i think after awhile he realized i knew what i was doing (kinda)

hoppscot22 06-05-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Twa has a pretty good underdstanding of the game but goes on tilt retarded easy and usually ends up donking it up b/c of that...

Madcaddy hasn't been playing there at all latley... I always felt like he ran well but in retrospect he also played very well overall

Feitefrank or whatever his name is has been playing a lot less, and IMO used to be one of the tougher opponents but makes more marginal mistakes now when he does play

DaManWitdaMoves is a good player who is tough when he's on his B game or better

I_Drawout_U is pretty good as well... i'm prolly forgetting a good number of people, im really only going to compliment who doesnt suck and not say who does [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ill take that whole post as a compliment

justin 06-05-2007 06:28 PM

There is not a player on the site i hate/love more than jozlak. Whenever he types "LOL" i feel like stretching through computer and strangling the french (censored) to death. Very curious what his sn is on stars. If you dont mind pokerbob, can u pm me it?