Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Kirk Morrison is the Greatest Player in the World! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495405)

gaboonviper 09-06-2007 10:35 PM

Kirk Morrison is the Greatest Player in the World!

Everytime I see this guy play on tv he plays PERFECTLY. I think he will go on to become known as the greatest player in the world. He has only come back to poker for a short period of time and already is doing great...already has won MILLIONS. Also seems like a really nice guy.

pologuy64 09-06-2007 10:46 PM

Re: Kirk Morrison is the Greatest Player in the World!

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I see this guy play on tv he plays PERFECTLY. I think he will go on to become known as the greatest player in the world. He has only come back to poker for a short period of time and already is doing great...already has won MILLIONS. Also seems like a really nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this Daniel N. Gimmie Account?

J.C. Gloves 09-06-2007 11:05 PM

Plz to be not jumping to conclusions about a guy who "seems really nice." Can you plz actually sit down @ a table and play a while with someone first before you crown them the 2nd coming of w/e you think is holy.

I too think his sense of humor in the interviews is fun and whatnot, but we cannot just say he's the best this or that from watching a few of his hands on TV. Need personal experience playing against him or bigger sample sizes.

Again, anyone can run good. Look @ the Grinder. All over the place last year (results-wise), WTF has he done lately? And does that even mean anything?

Fermion5 09-07-2007 01:48 AM

Did you not see kirk contemplate folding middle set on a WPT final table? Trying to be a superstar and say 'i told you so' if he is up against the nuts. Just like DN when he flopped a set with 22 in the ME.

MrTimCaum 09-07-2007 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you not see kirk contemplate folding middle set on a WPT final table? Trying to be a superstar and say 'i told you so' if he is up against the nuts. Just like DN when he flopped a set with 22 in the ME.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

when im in that spot, i snap call while in mid-fist pump, windmill slam my cards on the table, and then c-walk my way across mike and vince's table

Rootabager 09-07-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

when im in that spot, i snap call while in mid-fist pump, windmill slam my cards on the table, and then c-walk my way across mike and vince's table

[/ QUOTE ]

then I grab their mic and start yelling holla holla holla over and over again.

breitling996 09-07-2007 05:18 AM

i played with kirk at the lapc and my impression of him was the he was prob a rich amateur that was better than most rich amateurs... his play did not impress me at all.. but all u need is be competent, run hot and have the roll or some one horsing u with a roll to do well in live tourneys...

Dids 09-07-2007 10:16 AM

gaboonviper,

Make less stupid posts, or I will ban you, fyi.

davidlong14 09-07-2007 10:33 AM

Great analysis...people in real life are all EXACTLY like the personae projected on TV:
*OJ the affable Hertz shill, Congressman Mark Foley the protector of exploited children, Senator Larry Craig the defender of family values, Brad Booth with a BR big enuf for HSP, etc. etc.

Funkert 09-07-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

i sincerely hope you will find yourself in that spot some time soon..... and that it will be televised [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

StrayBullet 09-07-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gaboonviper,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just F'ING WOW!

Willy 09-07-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gaboonviper,

[/ QUOTE ]
I am a little confused. Must all his posts be "less stupid" or must he post fewer stupid posts?

Mygtar 09-07-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gaboonviper,
[ QUOTE ]
I am a little confused. Must all his posts be "less stupid" or must he post fewer stupid posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful Willy or you're next!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

killakev 09-07-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

then I grab their mic and start yelling holla holla holla over and over again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. For the love of great television, I wish you the best in any televised event you play!

gobboboy 09-07-2007 03:34 PM

Talked to Kirk today in London, he says he's quitting poker again soon.

Red Lion 09-07-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Talked to Kirk today in London, he says he's quitting poker again soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you make that post without further clarification.

gobboboy 09-07-2007 04:09 PM

That's pretty much all he said. Was ordering a beer for him and a friend and he said "hey what's up mate," I said something about his recent rush he's been on and he said "yeah but I can't do this, I'm quitting soon."

Dids 09-07-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gaboonviper,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A little of both?

JulioYalil 09-07-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kirk Morrison is PROLLY NOT the Greatest Player in the World!

[/ QUOTE ]

JulioYalil 09-07-2007 08:31 PM

jimmy, is that all he said? he didn't give a reason? noone bothered to ask why?

NoSoup4U 09-07-2007 09:12 PM

He said something very similar at the WSOP. I don't think he is a big fan of the poker lifestyle.

huhwhatyousay? 09-07-2007 09:39 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

wisehandpoker 09-07-2007 09:48 PM

I have a profile on Kirk coming out in Bluff next month that covers the reasons he'll likely eventually quit again. It's mostly that he's realized over the years that the Vegas lifestyle wasn't for him and holds a lot of traps that he'd like to avoid (sportsbetting is a biggie) and that he was legitimately happy living a simpler life in New Zealand.

kerr 09-07-2007 09:54 PM

i thought he mentioned in a recent video that he would be moving back to the land of the long white cloud.

CaryDarling 09-07-2007 11:30 PM

There is a reason Kirk left the country for an extended period of time. Follow the money trail.

Anamul 09-08-2007 01:31 AM

More Fish down in this Hemisphere of the Globe!!

Al Capwne 09-08-2007 01:53 AM

Well, as for now, he's 3rd in chips at the FT of the WSOPE H.O.R.S.E. event.

Mad Steady Eddie 09-08-2007 11:47 PM

seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

funniest [censored] i've read all week

Dima2000123 09-09-2007 01:18 PM

There's something about Kirk that makes you wonder. He always looks so dour and miserable on TV, as if he's one step from going off the deep end.

pocketpared 09-09-2007 01:35 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if one day you read in the newspapers he climbed up a tower at some university, took out a deck of cards and killed 7 bananas, a la Chris Ferguson.

The B 09-09-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

seriously

when im in that spot, i snap call while in mid-fist pump, windmill slam my cards on the table, and then walk the dog on em' across mike and vince's table

[/ QUOTE ]

Kenny Tran walks the dog on em'