Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dipset? (for rap fans) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=61754)

Jules22 03-15-2006 07:07 AM

Dipset? (for rap fans)

is this record label any good? what songs and artists should i be getting? thanks in advance

-Skeme- 03-15-2006 07:51 AM

Re: Dipset? (for rap fans)

They're easily the best lyricists in the game today.

PierceAndPierce 03-15-2006 08:04 AM

They're the only movement, moving!

PierceAndPierce 03-15-2006 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They're easily the best lyricists in the game today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they're not the best lyricists if you're looking for introspective rhymes and what not a la Nas / Jay-Z / Common / Wu-Tang / etc etc.

However, they're the best lyricists if you're looking for "gangsta" music. Dipset (The Diplomats being their official name) are the best lyricists if you're looking to listen to rap about hoes, hydro, guns, crack, sex, violence - basically "that gangsta" music.

The Diplomats is comprised of basically Cam'ron, Juelz Santana, Jim Jones, Freaky Zeeky, JR Writer (I think). But the only important people are Cam'ron aka "Kill Cam" aka just "Cam" and Juelz Santana aka "Juelz" or just "Santana."

I sound like such a groupie ho. But I will continues.

Cam has better lyrics, and he has more of an old school vibe (old school in the relative sense, of course). Think of a thugged out Ma$e that likes to wear pink and talks about hoes, cooking crack, and doing someone else's "wifey." You seem to be a young'n, so I would recommend Santana - better flow, but his lyrics are... you get the idea. Jim Jones, aka "The Capo," he's alright, has more of a west coast feel, straight up thugged out.

Everybody else is irrelevant.

Now, I will provide you with the essential Dipset discography:

The Diplomats - "Dipset Anthem" -> That gangsta music
The Diplomats - "I Really Mean It" -> That gangsta music
The Diplomats - "Hey Ma" -> That clubbing music
The Diplomats - "Hey Ma Remix" -> That TRL music
Cam'ron - "Oh Boy" -> That clubbing music
Juelz Santana - "Santana's Town" -> That gangsta music
Jim Jones and some other clowns - "Certified Gangsta"
Santana - "Mic Check"
Santan - "Oh yes"
Cam'ron - "Gangsta music party 2"
Cam'ron - "Down and out" ->produced by Kanye, pretty solid song
Cam'ron - "Get'em girl" ->that gangsta music
The Diplomats - "Whutup Dipset" -> That gangsta music
Cam'ron - "Sucking or not" -> That misogynistic music
Cam'ron - "wet wipes" ->that nonsensical music
Jim Jones - "baby girl" -> that misogynistic music
Jim Jones - "G's up" -> That misogynistic music

Start with the above list, and if you want more of that "gangsta music!" go to the following link:

http://www.ohhla.com/YFA_camron.html

And everything by Dipset sounds a billion times better if you pump that [censored] up loud in your car. People will give you funny looks, but just throw on a bandana, scowl, and yell "Dipset, beyatch!" while you shoot up their posse while getting head while doing coke while...you get the idea.

But, I have to say, they make that gangsta music. [censored] sounds good, I can't deny it. I should get an honorary degree in African-American Studies for this post.

klepto 03-15-2006 09:23 AM

how could you forget "there it go (whistle song)?"

i'm hot when i'm out at the wynn. YOU HEARD ME!

PierceAndPierce 03-15-2006 09:30 AM

I left off too many songs.

Why? Because... Dip Set is the greatest. All there songs are gangsta. Download everysingle dipset song you can get your hands on

REmeber: They're not just a rap group; they're a movement,

-Skeme- 03-15-2006 09:33 AM

Bwaahhah Dipset are the worst collection of rappers ever.

doc_1982 03-15-2006 10:45 AM

Did you not hear what PierceAndPierce JUST said? They're more than what you people call music.

JBB 03-15-2006 10:48 AM

You have no idea how happy I was when I opened up OOT this morning and saw the first post was about The Diplomats.

I'd say on the whole they're kind of a joke but also kind of awesome.

DIP SET DIP SET DIP SET DIP SET....JU-ELLLLLLLLLLLZ!!!!

scrub 03-15-2006 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You have no idea how happy I was when I opened up OOT this morning and saw the first post was about The Diplomats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Purple Haze was one of the best albums I heard last year.

scrub

junglewarfare 03-15-2006 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, they're not the best lyricists if you're looking for introspective rhymes

[/ QUOTE ]

lololol

edit:

[ QUOTE ]
The Diplomats - "Hey Ma Remix" -> That TRL music

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOL

dibbs 03-15-2006 11:52 AM

Their name sounds too close to dips**t for me to take them seriously, then again I dont think theyre supposed to be taken seriously

Some good mindless fun though from all I've heard. I really need to pick up Purple Haze but keep forgetting.

Dids 03-15-2006 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Most unexpected post ever.

Dipset strike me as stupid fun that sometimes crosses a line into "too stupid to be fun". I really like Julez, don't care for the rest that much.

scrub 03-15-2006 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Dipset strike me as stupid fun that sometimes crosses a line into "too stupid to be fun". I really like Julez, don't care for the rest that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pretty eclectic taste.

I agree that it's pretty easy for their stuff to descend into self-parody, and that even some of their best stuff can have some extremely awkward lines in it, but I still enjoy some of their stuff a great deal.

scrub

JBB 03-15-2006 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pretty eclectic taste.

I agree that it's pretty easy for their stuff to descend into self-parody, and that even some of their best stuff can have some extremely awkward lines in it, but I still enjoy some of their stuff a great deal.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to second Did's post. If nothing else, your involvement in this thread has solidified my love for Freeky Zeeky and Co.

JBB 03-15-2006 12:28 PM

In my quest to make this the best thread of the morning, I'd like to add this from wikipedia:

[ QUOTE ]
The broader hip-hop community has accepted and utilized many of their terms, including "doggie", "A!", "no [censored]", "scooby snacks", "piff," "huff," "u mad?", "move the movement", "off' wit' Ya' Kufi Smacker", "goonie goo goo,", "duck tales", "family matters", and "coochie rap".

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF!?!

Dids 03-15-2006 12:34 PM

Dipset's jargon is the best.

"YOU MAD DOGGY, YOU MAD" IIRC is a quote from Cam'ron in an interview with Bill O'Reilly.

Scooby Snacks is clearly not a Dipset original.

JBB 03-15-2006 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

"YOU MAD DOGGY, YOU MAD" IIRC is a quote from Cam'ron in an interview with Bill O'Reilly.

[/ QUOTE ]
loading slowly, but this should be priceless

doc_1982 03-15-2006 12:43 PM

If you haven't seen this, you just aren't part of the movement

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJ65lhGIf...ipset%20london

EDIT: don't know what all that is at the start, never seen it before, fast forward to when they're riding around in the truck

junglewarfare 03-15-2006 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you haven't seen this, you just aren't part of the movement

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJ65lhGIf...ipset%20london

EDIT: don't know what all that is at the start, never seen it before, fast forward to when they're riding around in the truck

[/ QUOTE ]

the british guy at the beginning is [censored] bizarre.

scrub 03-15-2006 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty funny.

YOU DONE FOR THE NIGHT!

scrub

PierceAndPierce 03-15-2006 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it's pretty easy for their stuff to descend into self-parody,

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

I was kind of worried that I'd get flamed for my love for the dip set dip set dip set dip JUELZ!

However, I have a theory as to why The Diplomats are geniuses.

THEORY AS TO WHY DIPSET IS GENIUS

PierceandPierce is now going to tell you what's really good.

Let's compare The Diplomats to G-Unit. G-Unit, those honchos take themselves way too seriously. See, they're considered by some to be "studio gangsters," yet they take themselves extremely seriously (bulletproof vests, bodyguards, etc etc). BUT. DO YOU EVER SEE JUELZ IN THE HOOD WITH TEFLON? LAST WEEK I SAW JUELZ AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE, AND HE WASN'T WEARING NO TEFLON. NO [censored]!

Back to G-Unit versus Dipset. One has to give Dipset credit for how perceptive they are, as they seem to have come to terms with the fact that the state of hip-hop today, is pretty much about "That TRL Music" (reaching out to 13 year old white girls who have access to Daddie's money), and rich suburban White kids, who in order to escape their comfortable, yet bland and emo like existence as members of the middle and upper-middle class, live vicariously through the exploits and feats of ghetto heroes such as... JUELZ!! And of course the African-American youth are also in need of hero figures outside of Will Smith, Robery Horry - I mean, Will Smith, Nick Cannon, and Will Smith. Thus paving the arrival of DIP SET to save our nation's youth.

So, Dipset recognizes that fact. So they exploit that. How? By... DESCENDING INTO SELF-PARODY! They don't have to be gangsta. They are so gangsta that they can make fun of the whole concept of "gangsta;" while G-unit still strives to maintain a certain degree of authenticity, Dipset just lets it hang.

In reality, they are ignorant, but perceptive intellectuals. Their music is a satire of the first calibre of the capitalistic decadence created by post-modern consumerist culture. Except their vision is so avant-garde that very few members of society catch onto their scathing critique of capitalism and the state of the music industry today.

So when Cam'ron, who actually graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Kennedy School at Hahvahd (no [censored]!), tells people that Dipset "is the only movement moving" he's really refering to a movement aimed at creating a new paradigm through which one can view popular culture today from a more nuanced perspective.

So in the year 2008, when Cam'ron is elected President, Juelz is Vice President, Jim Jones is the Secretary of Defence, just remember that you read it here first.

No [censored].

JBB 03-15-2006 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was pretty funny.

YOU DONE FOR THE NIGHT!

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, if Cam'ron and Dame were a little more eloquent, they toally could've pwned O'Reilly. The principal seemed reasonable enough, and did praise Cam and Dame for some of the positive things they do.

O'Reilly really didn't have any facts and only pre-conceived notions of who Cam was and what "hip hop" is.

JBB 03-15-2006 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it's pretty easy for their stuff to descend into self-parody,

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!

I was kind of worried that I'd get flamed for my love for the dip set dip set dip set dip JUELZ!

However, I have a theory as to why The Diplomats are geniuses.

THEORY AS TO WHY DIPSET IS GENIUS

PierceandPierce is now going to tell you what's really good.

Let's compare The Diplomats to G-Unit. G-Unit, those honchos take themselves way too seriously. See, they're considered by some to be "studio gangsters," yet they take themselves extremely seriously (bulletproof vests, bodyguards, etc etc). BUT. DO YOU EVER SEE JUELZ IN THE HOOD WITH TEFLON? LAST WEEK I SAW JUELZ AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE, AND HE WASN'T WEARING NO TEFLON. NO [censored]!

Back to G-Unit versus Dipset. One has to give Dipset credit for how perceptive they are, as they seem to have come to terms with the fact that the state of hip-hop today, is pretty much about "That TRL Music" (reaching out to 13 year old white girls who have access to Daddie's money), and rich suburban White kids, who in order to escape their comfortable, yet bland and emo like existence as members of the middle and upper-middle class, live vicariously through the exploits and feats of ghetto heroes such as... JUELZ!! And of course the African-American youth are also in need of hero figures outside of Will Smith, Will Smith, and Will Smith. Thus paving the arrival of DIP SET to save our nation's youth.

So, Dipset recognizes that fact. So they exploit that. How? By... DESCENDING INTO SELF-PARODY! They don't have to be gangsta. They are so gangsta that they can make fun of the whole concept of "gangsta;" while G-unit still strives to maintain a certain degree of authenticity, Dipset just lets it hangs.

In reality, they are ignorant, but perceptive intellectuals. Their music is a satire of the first calibre of the capitalistic decadence created by post-modern consumerist culture. Except their vision is so avant-garde that it very few members of society catch onto their scathing critique of capitalism and the state of the music industry today.

So when Cam'ron, who actually graduated Summa Cum Laude from the Kennedy School at Hahvahd (no [censored]!), tells people that Dipset "is the only movement that's moving," he's really refering to a movement aimed at creating a new paradigm through which one can view popular culture today from a more nuanced perspective.

So in the year 2008, when Cam'ron is elected President, Juelz is Vice President, Jim Jones is the Secretary of Defence, just remember that you read it here first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Magnificient Treatise.

I do believe their genius is more unintentional, but I like where you are going.

CAM in '08!

PierceAndPierce 03-15-2006 01:29 PM

While we're at it, we should make

"Santana's Town" the "Official OOT Anthem."

Better yet, somebody should just create a new forum dedicated to, not Dipset, but "The Movement."

scrub 03-15-2006 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, if Cam'ron and Dame were a little more eloquent, they toally could've pwned O'Reilly. The principal seemed reasonable enough, and did praise Cam and Dame for some of the positive things they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if O'Reilly had been a little less cagy about the way he set up the segment. Cam clearly had a lot of material that he wanted to unload on O'Reilly with, but his ostensible opponent was a fanboy school administrator.

scrub

KingNeo 03-15-2006 01:35 PM

Dipset is probably the biggest bunch of trash rappers in history.

Lead by Camron and his amazing rhyme style:

rinky dink
stinky stink
pinky bling
later ma if you want we can link a link
what a coinidink

No joke that is how he rhymes.

He tried to come at Jay Z recently and it was probably the funniest thing I ever heard. Not because it was tight and he ripped on Jay Z, but because it was such trash that I felt sorry for him. THe loser is coming out with a new cd soon and he wanted some media coverage.

Idiot tries to get in the media by throwing rocks at the throne. Joke.

NotMyJob 03-15-2006 01:36 PM

God they suck............

shant 03-15-2006 01:39 PM

This thread further solidifies that scrub is rad and that I could hang out with JBB.

shant 03-15-2006 01:42 PM

Also, have you guys heard The Official Dipset Mixtape Volume 1? 72 TRACKS ON 1 CD!

RicardoG 03-15-2006 01:59 PM

Dipset is hilarious. I saw Cam on rapcity once doing a freestyle while counting a large stack of bills, not even caring about the freestyle. Them Harlem N.iggas is real gully.

JBB 03-15-2006 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread further solidifies that scrub is rad and that I could hang out with JBB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this thread is a good litmus test on life.

Dids 03-15-2006 02:08 PM

I feel like this thread is a good place to mention that Cam's verse on "Gone" off of Kanye's album is [censored] amazing.

scrub 03-15-2006 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like this thread is a good place to mention that Cam's verse on "Gone" off of Kanye's album is [censored] amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true--he makes both Kanye and the other guy sound like amateurs. Just brutal.

scrub

scrub 03-15-2006 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this thread is a good litmus test on life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys would get along, and were both crucial parts of the success of SCRUB STEAK TOUR '05: FEEL THE EXCITEMENT.

scrub

-Skeme- 03-15-2006 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
makes both Kanye and the other guy sound like amateurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Kanye already does sound like an amateur.

scrub 03-15-2006 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but way more than usual on that track. But you're right--I wasn't sufficiently catty about Kanye.

scrub

jnalpak 03-15-2006 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bwaahhah Dipset are the worst collection of rappers ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

jnalpak 03-15-2006 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of you are forgetting the fact that kanye is first a producer and THEN an MC....this line was paved by another so called BADBOY but he hasnt faired too well in recent years except for clothing.

Kanye is a wolf with sheeps clothing with regards to MC...he is a much better producer/writer/director...DO NOT COMPARE him to other actual non-pop rapper-types.

JaBlue 03-15-2006 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Description: Funny video with Camron and his producer going at it with a principal and a news broadcaster.

hahahahahahah