Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   QQ - wrong played ? Scary Flop, Loose Passive opponent (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390390)

Spurious 04-28-2007 06:38 AM

QQ - wrong played ? Scary Flop, Loose Passive opponent

MP1 - TAG player
Button - Loose Passive - Saw him showing all kind of Hands and being involved in nearly any pot.

Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.60 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.80 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (15.80 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17.80 BB.

slicer65 04-28-2007 07:02 AM

Re: QQ - wrong played ? Scary Flop, Loose Passive opponent

if button is loose he could have anything. on the turn you at least have the pot odds to call. i dont know if the situation warrants 3 bets on turn. And I would have definetly c/c on the river.

Lunkan 04-28-2007 07:19 AM

Cap the flop. Button often has no flush here and the times he does you still have around 30% equity.

If button is passive, I would call down after being raised on the turn.

Spurious 04-28-2007 08:14 AM

3bet on the turn was wrong i guess. Capping or calling on the Flop were both close, i should have capped.
I bet the River because i thought, if he missed his flush i get an extra bet. On the other hand, he might not call if he missed his flush.

BigBadBabar 04-28-2007 08:37 AM

i would cap flop and turn and lead the river at least. this is a ton more things than it is a flopped flush. even if it is a flush, which i'm not saying is the case, we have outs.

nerdking 04-28-2007 11:02 AM

grrrrunch

call the turn, c/c the river. obv we're behind a flush or a straight here, so watch yourself. Loose passive button getting gonzo on this flop worries me.

Buzz-cp 04-28-2007 11:03 AM

calling 3-bet &amp; donk is interesting, not bad, but I shut down after button raises turn.

Buzz

Spurious 04-28-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would cap flop and turn and lead the river at least. this is a ton more things than it is a flopped flush. even if it is a flush, which i'm not saying is the case, we have outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldnt cap the turn and i lead out on the river.

lautzutao 04-28-2007 04:33 PM

Would have capped the flop.

Why only call on the flop and then donk the turn?

bozlax 04-28-2007 04:39 PM

Cap the flop, bet the turn. If BTN raises you on the turn, call down.

bozlax 04-28-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would cap flop and turn and lead the river at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is loose PASSIVE. He 3-bets this flop, what do you think he has? You can cap the flop for value with your draw to a boat or better and a third player contributing, but after that you call down UI.

Dr. Matt 04-28-2007 04:57 PM

wow LP is 3-betting you on a flop like that? You have a lot of outs to improve to beat a flush... and A-high could be getting a little crazy, especially if he has a pair, like 8's or something. Or he could have a lower set. 2-pair seems highly unlikely... not too many combinations with you taking up the Q's and the 2 being there.

MP1 is another interesting hand... I'd say he has AA/KK/AQ/KQ about always... especially after cold-calling 2 back to him on the flop. When he folds the turn, I can guarantee he doesn't have A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... those would be good peels.

Since he calls on the flop 2 back to him, he's dead money. I'd cap the flop for value, thinking our LP friend either has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and is getting weird or a flush or 88. Sometimes these guys go crazy with JJ/AQ in this spot too, so I'd give some lenience in his range. Overall, I'd assume he has a flush over the other hands.

Once the turn hits, if I had capped, I would have lead and called a raise. As played, I don't mind the donk in case it gets checked through and they get a free card to their spades. The 3-bet is really really spewy though... especially since it seems really obvious LP's don't raise unless they have near the nuts.

River, I c/c and pray.

Bruce D 04-28-2007 05:57 PM

Cap the flop for value. You have 2 opponents and are drawing to 10 outs IF you are behind. That gives you at least 40% equity in the hand. You may be behind to a flush. Button could be puming a flush draw on the flop.

As played I only call the turn raise and c/c the river

Spurious 04-28-2007 07:36 PM

Hmm, k thanks for the advice.
He actually turned over J6s of Spades. Coldcalling 3bet PF with that hand, good job [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
I didnt put him on KK/AA because he would have capped PF. AQ/KQ was one of my guesses. I had a feeling that he flopped a flush, but i couldnt get rid of my set, and it would have been stupid.
I think i should have called down or raise if i'd hit.

Buzz-cp 04-28-2007 07:45 PM

actually if one villain has the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the other has a FD, hero has 34% equity. this is the worst case scenario tho

Xhad 04-28-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would cap flop and turn and lead the river at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button is loose PASSIVE. He 3-bets this flop, what do you think he has? You can cap the flop for value with your draw to a boat or better and a third player contributing, but after that you call down UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played in awhile, but wouldn't a flop cap be at best EV neutral if you're that convinced you're beat? Especially if you feel you have to lead out on the turn and charge yourself for your draw?

The stop-and-go is reasonable against someone capable of 3betting the flopped flush draw for a free card but loose-passives don't do that.

Mr. Zero 04-28-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Button is loose PASSIVE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the pre-flop action, what range of hands would a passive player three bet the flop with? A passive player up against a preflop raiser and three better, with some paint hitting on the flop, followed by a bet and a raise on the flop. In my mind, save for KK or AA that he didn't want to cap PF, the range involves villian holding two spades. I probably call down unless I fill up.