Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   1 Robber from NYC Shooting Arrested--Shocker, he has a record (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545117)

craigruby 11-13-2007 12:38 PM

1 Robber from NYC Shooting Arrested--Shocker, he has a record

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11132007...ust_689967.htm

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...amp;id=5758828

Figure he will start ratting out his friends by the weekend to reduce his charge.

BK1248 11-13-2007 12:49 PM

Re: 1 Robber from NYC Shooting Arrested--Shocker, he has a record

how the fk does this guy murder someone and is out in 7 years

craigruby 11-13-2007 12:52 PM

Maybe a plea bargain? Any attorneys here care to chime in?

nineinchal 11-13-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, can the DA and the judge who gave him the sentence please explain this?

AngusThermopyle 11-13-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably was charged as manslaughter with no priors. 5-25 years is the sentence range. He would have been 23 at the time.

jalexone 11-13-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably was charged as manslaughter with no priors. 5-25 years is the sentence range. He would have been 23 at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who makes these idiotic rules. Intentionally killing someone should result in eternal deprivation of freedom for the offender. If sentencing requirements were put to a public vote we would have a lot less repeat offenders and hence a lot less murders.

AngusThermopyle 11-13-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Intentionally killing someone ....

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have all the details of the 1995 case?

*TT* 11-13-2007 01:32 PM

NJ.com

This morning the Grand Jury will meet to indite Bill (I just learned his formal name is William from the news this morning, through calls I got last night they were referring to the captured robber as Bill). There may be an error in the NY Post story, I was told he was the shooter - we should learn more this morning after the indictment is issued.

TMTTR 11-13-2007 01:33 PM

From NYS court info:

Two Charges:

A Felony - MURDER: WHILE COMMIT CERT FELS
B Felony - ROBBERY-1ST:DISPLAY FIREARMS

Arrest Friday, Arraignment Saturday, Release Status: Remanded (I would hope so!).

There is a calendar entry for an appearance today... That could be the Grand Jury indictment... but I could be wrong.

(I was looking for info on the system for earlier crime, but couldn't find anything... may be too old)

StevieG 11-13-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta make room for drug users

*TT* 11-13-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, saddy he is right.The Rockefeller Drug Laws are sick.

TMTTR 11-13-2007 01:55 PM

I can be completely off base, but the timing is right (95/96) -- there was a federal prosecution of a gang (described as a "violent narcotis trafficking organization" operating in the Bronx) called the "Nasty Boys" -- the Federal Indictment names a William Delvalle as one of the defendants (although not charged with all the same crimes).

If I have the right guy, I am going to guess that he cooperated and got the reduced sentence. I need to get back to real work... more if I learn anything later.

brettbrettr 11-13-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or gamblers.

This could only come from Boston.

jeffnc 11-13-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget at least temporary holding space for poker room operators and players.

Seb86 11-13-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Phat Mack 11-13-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Or gamblers.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll confess: this one stunned me. But, I admit that I'll feel a lot safer when they get internet gamb00lers of the streets.

FireStorm 11-13-2007 04:41 PM

Is this a discussion about justice that is hopefully forthcoming, or critical commentary about drug laws and sentencing guidelines from 10+ years ago? What's that old phrase about keeping your eye on the ball?

Bipolar00 11-13-2007 07:26 PM

Srsly take this [censored] to politics, if anyone but TT chimed in on that comment they woulda been given a timeout or something equally lame.

NYTyler 11-13-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Or gamblers.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll confess: this one stunned me. But, I admit that I'll feel a lot safer when they get internet gamb00lers of the streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is so stupid it makes me sick. But I am glad that they caught this guy. I wonder how they found him.

Gonso 11-13-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Srsly take this [censored] to politics, if anyone but TT chimed in on that comment they woulda been given a timeout or something equally lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but who the hell are you?

*TT* 11-13-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but who the hell are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously someone who was banned in the past, where should we set the over/under how long he will last this time?

SpleenLSD 11-13-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<wince> all too true.

TMTTR 11-14-2007 10:57 AM

Apparently the Grand Jury failed to indict this guy in a timely manner and he was released yesterday. Charges are still pending, but he can't be held without an indictment...

Defense claims that charges are based solely on a single eye witness...

Story also includes description of earlier murder conviction. Pretty sick that this guy was on the streets regardless of what his role was in the murder and robbery two weeks ago.

New York Post story

psandman 11-14-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the Grand Jury failed to indict this guy in a timely manner and he was released yesterday. Charges are still pending, but he can't be held without an indictment...

Story also includes description of earlier murder conviction. Pretty sick that this guy was on the streets regardless of what his role was in the murder and robbery two weeks ago.

New York Post story

[/ QUOTE ]

So that you understand, this release deos not have the effect of preventing the DA from getting an indictment. He is just released from custody now while there is no indictment.

*TT* 11-14-2007 12:13 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

We found out they were holding Bill on Monday, I am shocked he was being held as long as he was. I assume the PD's idea was to keep it quiet so they could catch the other criminals. They really screwed this one up.

And LOL at the defense lawyers claim of only one eye witness. Thats a DA error, they thought they needed only one eye witness to support the case but there were many available + the eye in the sky worked. This was 100% PD & DA bumbling, nothing more. He will be brought back in for sure.

cardshark 11-14-2007 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...I was told he was the shooter...

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, I am unclear on this detail. All the articles say policed does not believe he was the shooter. Am I understanding this correctly? You got some information, from some other source, that police believe he was the shooter, right?

cardshark 11-14-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...They really screwed this one up.

And LOL at the defense lawyers claim of only one eye witness. Thats a DA error, they thought they needed only one eye witness to support the case but there were many available + the eye in the sky worked. This was 100% PD & DA bumbling, nothing more...

[/ QUOTE ]
TT,

I find that the articles are very vague and inconsistent. That is a trademark of fine American journalism. To quote Thomas Jefferson: "To be truly informed one must learn how to completely ignore newspapers."

I have not seen any piece of information that convinces me that this scumbag is the right guy. What is important is that they catch the right people (all 3 of them) and lock them up in a small cell for the rest of their miserable lives. What I want to see I the news is some piece of information that will be more convincing that this guy is the right guy.

And I agree with previously expressed sentiments. This guy should not be on the streets to begin with, just for the previous murder.

*TT* 11-14-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT, I am unclear on this detail. All the articles say policed does not believe he was the shooter. Am I understanding this correctly? You got some information, from some other source, that police believe he was the shooter, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

other sources. Apparently he wasn't the shooter, but I should not disclose why it was assumed he was until the indictment is handed down.

PS - they got the right guy. Trust me on this one, he was one of the robbers. There are a lot more than just one eye witness, there were over 60 people in the club.

burningyen 11-14-2007 03:55 PM

What kind of masks were these guys wearing?

nyc999 11-14-2007 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

other sources. Apparently he wasn't the shooter, but I should not disclose why it was assumed he was until the indictment is handed down.

PS - they got the right guy. Trust me on this one, he was one of the robbers. There are a lot more than just one eye witness, there were over 60 people in the club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if this guy was a regular in the NYC poker scene?

NYTyler 11-14-2007 08:18 PM

I didn't understand the story completely....were they saying that they did not get it in front of a grand jury in time or that the grand jury refused to indict?

*TT* 11-14-2007 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't understand the story completely....were they saying that they did not get it in front of a grand jury in time or that the grand jury refused to indict?

[/ QUOTE ]

refused.

PS: the question about if this guy was a regular should not be answered until the robbers are all caught. I know this is annoying, but its for the best.

jjshabado 11-14-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

New York Post story

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I have so much respect for Mrs. DeSena.

FireStorm 11-14-2007 09:22 PM

Not to create more havoc then I usually do, but, what the hell, let's give it a go:

One wonders why, given the rules of this forum, we are constantly told not to discuss anything specific, but you feel free to give us the statement "they got the right guy ... trust me on this one". Seems a bit contradictory to make someone's guilt "obvious" when said person was arrested and then released after several days without an indictment. Also, it stands to reason that if we're told that this person is 100% "the right guy", it shouldn't be an issue for us to be told whether or not he was a club regular, etc.

*TT* 11-14-2007 09:34 PM

Firestorm - do us all a favor, get lost. You have done nothing helpful in these NYC poker threads. I'm 1 post away from banning you for trolling. It hasn't happened sooner because I'm trying to be as fair as possible but next time will be the last straw. This is your final warning, and its public so you have no one to blame but yourself if you misstep. If you don't like the way the forum is run then start your own forum and you will have nobody to complain about.

FireStorm 11-14-2007 11:12 PM

I told you already, feel free to ban me at any point. If that's what you do for freedom of speech, so be it. My question is simple and makes a legitimate point, if you choose not to answer by blasting me because you hate the fact that I criticize your policies, this is your issue, not mine. The question is very clear, why is it OK to conclusively state that someone is guilty of robbing XYZ club but not OK to state whether or not said person frequented XYZ club? Which forum rule is this violating?

FireStorm 11-14-2007 11:23 PM

I requested myself to be banned, sorry to those who like my posts, and those who don't, you have a reason to be happy now. Absolutely ridiculous that I get threatened to be run for asking a reasonable legal question. I suppose I should construct future inquiries with the provision that the responding party possess a functioning brain.

Adebisi 11-14-2007 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He will be brought back in for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might be a little hard to find, given that he knows he's probably going to get indicted for felony murder really soon. I think the cops/d.a. really f'd this up bad. This guy is probably staying with his buddy in Cleveland or his cousin in Atlanta or some such by now.

*TT* 11-15-2007 12:02 AM

All - sorry for the distraction from this critical issue. Firestorm is gone, lets get back on track.

*TT* 11-15-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He will be brought back in for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might be a little hard to find, given that he knows he's probably going to get indicted for felony murder really soon. I think the cops/d.a. really f'd this up bad. This guy is probably staying with his buddy in Cleveland or his cousin in Atlanta or some such by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually they have a detective assigned to follow the accused so they don't lose him. Of course I would not be surprised if he tries to flee, and considering the bumbling nature of the case so far I wouldn't be surprised if he shakes any tail he may have (assuming one was assigned)