Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Farha VS. Sbrugby (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=420818)

chezwiz75 06-05-2007 07:44 PM

Farha VS. Sbrugby

Sbrugby down 500k From his blog...

I am staying in Vegas longer than I expected. Sammy Farha and I are playing HU 500/1000 (probably gonna get bumped up to 1K/2K tonight) 1/2 plo and 1/2 nlh. We finished a marthon session whcih eneded me down 500K. We were both playing very aggressively and at one point Sammy was down 800K but was able to come back. We probably played 4 or 5 pots that were over 1/2 million dollars. The match really swung back and forth and I am loking forward to continueing it later tongiht. This is probalby the largest game I have ever played in as we both had 1/2 mil in front of us and we were playing insanly agressively. To have 4-5 1/2 mil++ size pots as well as about 15 200-500K pots shows how wildly we were playing.

ifoughtpiranhas 06-05-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Farha VS. Srugby

aba nlhe +ev

farha plo +ev

moving shapes 06-05-2007 07:47 PM

pretty cool

Methodz 06-05-2007 07:48 PM

wow sick. Aba getting into the high stakes live games

ifoughtpiranhas 06-05-2007 07:48 PM

its insane though i cant wait to hear more. i hope aba posts al the seedy details

chezwiz75 06-05-2007 07:49 PM

I think Farha +ev in both only because it is live.

jmill2511 06-05-2007 07:49 PM

Gooooo Aba

ifoughtpiranhas 06-05-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your wrong, verrrry wrong

Methodz 06-05-2007 07:51 PM

I don't really understand abas logic in playing HU PLO. He says hes not good enough to play Benyamine HU again, but Farha is a better PLO player than Benyamine, AND it's live.

Eh, final results should be interesting.

Micturition Man 06-05-2007 07:52 PM

Re: Farha VS. Sbrugby

[ QUOTE ]
Sbrugby down 500k From his blog...

I am staying in Vegas longer than I expected. Sammy Farha and I are playing HU 500/1000 (probably gonna get bumped up to 1K/2K tonight) 1/2 plo and 1/2 nlh. We finished a marthon session whcih eneded me down 500K. We were both playing very aggressively and at one point Sammy was down 800K but was able to come back. We probably played 4 or 5 pots that were over 1/2 million dollars. The match really swung back and forth and I am loking forward to continueing it later tongiht. This is probalby the largest game I have ever played in as we both had 1/2 mil in front of us and we were playing insanly agressively. To have 4-5 1/2 mil++ size pots as well as about 15 200-500K pots shows how wildly we were playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason the use of probably here amuses me... like there might be some 2k/4k NL game from his past that happens to have slipped his memory.

john voight 06-05-2007 07:52 PM

Farhar FTW

selurah 06-05-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

samsdmf 06-05-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really understand abas logic in playing HU PLO. He says hes not good enough to play Benyamine HU again, but Farha is a better PLO player than Benyamine, AND it's live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because sammy is an awful Holdem player?

bottomset 06-05-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

selurah 06-05-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winnnnnner!

Methodz 06-05-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]"awful" or just decent? I don't think the money aba wins from NLHE will be greater than the money Sammy takes in PLO, imo.

Aba is showing that he has a ton of balls to play Sammy though. So..go aba [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

samsdmf 06-05-2007 08:03 PM

From all accounts SAmmys NLHE game is way worse than Brians PLO game

samsdmf 06-05-2007 08:03 PM

Oh and who has a piece of aba in this one?

Rootabager 06-05-2007 08:05 PM

I say this in every thread but where the hell does farha get so much money.

Butcho22 06-05-2007 08:06 PM

bidnesses

TomHimself 06-05-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]farhjA is overated in plo

neverforgetlol 06-05-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]farhjA is overated in plo

[/ QUOTE ]

barry greenstein says farha is so good at shorthanded plo they only play it if they can play other games with him as well to regain an edge.

moving shapes 06-05-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm off to get a massage and grab some sleep before round two with Sammy. We are playing in Bobby's room at the Bellagio and the game is drawing a crowd as its bigger than "the big game" that runs there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the atmosphere is amazing. "oh my god, who is this kid??"

chezwiz75 06-05-2007 08:14 PM

Out of the people that say that farha doesn't have an edge because it is live... how many of you actually play live?

There is a lot more info in a live game and I would assume that Farha has played a helluva lot more live then Brian.

I agree that if this was online Brian is + ev and probably in both. However he just didn't look very comfortable in HSP and imo looked intimidated by the others because it was live.

jmill2511 06-05-2007 08:16 PM

^ lol

greg nice 06-05-2007 08:16 PM

shoulda demanded the button every time for PLO

thatpfunk 06-05-2007 08:19 PM

lol srsly.

aba has a HUGE edge in both games. how many hands of HU plo and nlhe has farha ever played? maybe 20k?

and aba has been playing the best players in the world for his last 300k hands? hm. gee. ZOMG FARHA HAS HIS TELL, thatll make up for it.

this is sick high though. whoever has abas action are lucky ducks.

edited to add: im thinking 20k is way too high for sammy. 10-15k of HU, mayyyyybe.

im very curious how much either of them will have to lose to throw in the towel. 2M? 5M?

invisibleleadsoup 06-05-2007 08:19 PM

just to clarify,they're playing limit holdem,nlhe and plo?
has aba played much limit before?

ASPoker8 06-05-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of the people that say that farha doesn't have an edge because it is live... how many of you actually play live?

There is a lot more info in a live game and I would assume that Farha has played a helluva lot more live then Brian.

I agree that if this was online Brian is + ev and probably in both. However he just didn't look very comfortable in HSP and imo looked intimidated by the others because it was live.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

ifoughtpiranhas 06-05-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u make me giggle. if your levelling im stupid but i dont think you are.

isapistola 06-05-2007 08:21 PM

the average PLO pots are much bigger than NLHE and theres a lot more action in PLO (because of more possible draws, duh).

thats why i think farha is getting the best of this match ev wise. with the sick swings in PLO it could turn out for either one of them.

and yes, i also think farhas experience in live games give him the edge.

Grandezza 06-05-2007 08:23 PM

Why doesn't Farha play the online PLO games?

ifoughtpiranhas 06-05-2007 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't Farha play the online PLO games?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think online is for him somehow.

thatpfunk 06-05-2007 08:25 PM

to everyone citing BG for how skilled farha is at PLO.

he rates sammy as a 7 (LOL) at NLHE. i giggle at the thought of giving him a 3. sammy couldnt beat 100nl.

Astyanax 06-05-2007 08:27 PM

Grabdezza he does under what is rumoured to be various nicknames like 'arbian night'.

He is better than Brian at PLO. He has made more money has a better feel. Even Townsend must suffer from fear at 500k pots, Farha doesn't bat an eyelid and thus has an edge (excluded his obvious supernatural omaha skills).

Greenstein is very honest on his blog (about other players, some good, some bad) and if he says that they won't play Farha in just PLO but only with other games you have to assume he is rated quite highly.

bap2086 06-05-2007 08:32 PM

if they keep playing farha will get cleaned out.

Hopscotch 06-05-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grabdezza he does under what is rumoured to be various nicknames like 'arbian night'.

He is better than Brian at PLO. He has made more money has a better feel. Even Townsend must suffer from fear at 500k pots, Farha doesn't bat an eyelid and thus has an edge (excluded his obvious supernatural omaha skills).

Greenstein is very honest on his blog (about other players, some good, some bad) and if he says that they won't play Farha in just PLO but only with other games you have to assume he is rated quite highly.

[/ QUOTE ]
honestly how do you know this crap.

bkholdem 06-05-2007 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and who has a piece of aba in this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

boosted is bankrolling him.

bottomset 06-05-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the average PLO pots are much bigger than NLHE and theres a lot more action in PLO (because of more possible draws, duh).

thats why i think farha is getting the best of this match ev wise. with the sick swings in PLO it could turn out for either one of them.

and yes, i also think farhas experience in live games give him the edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

um the big PLO pots will be coinflip-ish(60/40 to 50/50), so while the pots will be bigger the edge one player has will be smaller

why don't the big HA games run on FTP considering how so many play both

ifoughtpiranhas 06-05-2007 08:43 PM

do u think aba could not roll himself for this game. i defo think he could. i think hes more minted than most of you think. do u believe he had his entire net worth sitting in his full tilt account. the first million is the hardest to make and since aba made his first million i he never looked back