Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Why I do not hate Absolute (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528318)

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:04 AM

Why I do not hate Absolute

I know that nobody will give me any credit since I just joined today and I have no posts. FWIW I have been browsing 2+2 for 4 years..I used to have an account but apparently it got erased since I haven't signed into it for a long time. I have rarely ever posted here. I read through BBV and NVG forums daily, but I just do not post.

I've been playing online poker for around 4 years now and I have played at almost every site. Actually I used to prop at Absolute when I first started playing seriously. Well, after that I propped at a few other sites, and then I eventually ended playing on my own with rakeback.

Right now the best deal for me as a volume player with rakeback that I can find is at Absolute. I have been making 3-4k$ a month in rakeback, and also I am clearing the 200,000 ARP's 1-2 a month making me $3k for each 200k. I normally play a lot of different stakes...2-4NL - 10-20NL sometimes higher depending on the softness. Also I play Limit HU games 30-60+. The rate at which I make the ARP's is pretty fast.

For a volume player like myself I do not think there is a better option to make as much as I make per month in bonuses. I am extremely unsatisfied with what has been going on in this whole situation on absolutes side. Obviously people are seeing hole cards. I definitely am biased because AP is making me a lot of money recently.

Do you all really think that an important person at AP is taking this money? I am very skeptical to think that this person (scott tom) is an important part of AP. Maybe he founded it and bought out.. He is for sure a bad egg.. but he will not be around at all and none of this will happen again for sure anytime soon or ever again. AP is a MAJOR poker site that is not going to let stupid stuff like this ever happen again. When I was a prop there the manager used to tell me how they were #3 of all the poker sites and that they were always trying do anything they could to move up in the ranks. AP has given me great support and fast cashouts all the time. Maybe it is because I am a VIP Elite player. I honestly believe this site is not crooked...they just had a bad egg in the system.

I know a lot of people will disagree and not even listen.. But most of the people that are even responding and talking trash about AP rarely if ever play there. From a high volume exclusive AP player I don't think I will let this bother me unless they decide to completely deny the accusations which apparently they aren't doing. They had a bad egg and it happens all the times in all kinds of corportations...They will completely get rid of him and they will strive to make AP's security the best that they can. I honestly believe that...I have no affiliation with them besides being paid by them from ARP bonuses.

They obviously handled the whole situation wrong when it was brought up to them by denying everything. I believe that is the reason that nobody here at 2+2 trusts them. I am not sure that this is happening but I like to believe that once it was brought to their attention they took the appropriate steps in making this whole situation end. I believe that they were scared to make it public because everyone would freak out and never play there again. They just hoped it would go away. After the accusations (which I believe are 100% correct) I believe that they had to make sure this was never going to happen again. If I am wrong and there was stuff happening in the past 5 weeks then none of what I am saying has much influence.

I do not love AP for anything else except for that they pay me the best, and the games are soft for my style of play.

ZJ123 10-22-2007 04:05 AM

Re: Why I do not hate Absolute

tl;dr

N 82 50 24 10-22-2007 04:06 AM

how's the coffee?

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-22-2007 04:06 AM

that is some intense ass spam

GTBMuckface 10-22-2007 04:07 AM

shotgun

edit: wow u [censored] are fast

notfreemoney 10-22-2007 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that nobody will give me any credit since I just joined today and I have no posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

prodonkey 10-22-2007 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
that is some intense ass spam

[/ QUOTE ]

GTBMuckface 10-22-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know that nobody will give me any credit since I just joined today and I have no posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

i just tried killing notfreemoney's avatar, twice.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:10 AM

any regular player that plays at AP knows that I am not just a 2+2 scammer. I am a regular high stakes volume player there under the name NOSTRAKHAN

ski 10-22-2007 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any regular player that plays at AP knows that I am not just a 2+2 scammer. I am a regular high stakes volume player there under the name NOSTRAKHAN

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored], they stole his account too..

Capitola 10-22-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very skeptical to think that this person (scott tom) is an important part of AP. Maybe he founded it and bought out.. He is for sure a bad egg.. but he will not be around at all and none of this will happen again for sure anytime soon or ever again. AP is a MAJOR poker site that is not going to let stupid stuff like this ever happen again. When I was a prop there the manager used to tell me how they were #3 of all the poker sites and that they were always trying do anything they could to move up in the ranks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Guess what? They were lying when they said they were #3. They are not and never have been. They have also blatantly lied and tried to cover up this scandal from the start. And yet you trust everything they say?

There is nothing to suggest that they will start behaving like a responsible big business, as you seem to think they will. They certainly haven't so far.

Edit: Woohoo! 100 posts! And it only took me 2 years!

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-22-2007 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored], they stole his account too..

[/ QUOTE ]

ikestoys gimmick account. he just wanted to see how this went over before he posted under his own account that he's going back afaik.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:19 AM

nnnnoooooonan i love caddyshack but that avatar is pretty disturbing...atleast get some hot girls making out instead of those 2 sucking face...nice reply by the way...why even say anyting at all? So many people on this forum are so proud of their post count when probably 1% of your posts have any meaning at all

ciro bonano 10-22-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I have been browsing 2+2 for 4 years. I read through BBV and NVG forums daily, but I just do not post.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can easily prove this point by making a list of the top20 best BBV topics which have never appeared in another compilation.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:22 AM

by the way I do not like IKESTOYS at all. He is a complete azzhole. He is a good player but tells everyone that they suck and laughs at fish when they lose their stack to him. He is my least favorite player at absolute

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-22-2007 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nnnnoooooonan i love caddyshack but that avatar is pretty disturbing...atleast get some hot girls making out instead of those 2 sucking face...nice reply by the way...why even say anyting at all? So many people on this forum are so proud of their post count when probably 1% of your posts have any meaning at all

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed my avatar.

also sick burn imo.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:27 AM

it wasn't meant to be a burn...thanks for changing it, you have shown real class

2hi4me2cu 10-22-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that nobody will give me any credit since I just joined today

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I do not love AP for anything else except for that they pay me the best, and the games are soft for my style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you work for AP?

Xibalba 10-22-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i just tried killing notfreemoney's avatar, twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nearly cost me a laptop monitor.
Yes, I'm stupid.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:36 AM

I may be wrong about this...but I am pretty sure they generate the 3rd most amount of traffic among US players. I think Stars and Full Tilt are ahead of them. And worldwide I would guess that they are 4th behind Stars, Party, and Full Tilt. Again, it is very possible I am wrong about this.

I totally agree that they have lied and denied and tried to cover this up from the start, and I posted why I believe they did this in my original post.

baronzeus 10-22-2007 04:39 AM

nostrakhan i played you HU a lot, you play ok

mother_brain 10-22-2007 04:48 AM

Why aren't all of you chumps just beating your fish farm crap poker players 24-7. For such a fishy site most of their players seem to spend a lot of time advertising for what a great site it is.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:48 AM

I do not work for AP...I get paid best there because of rakeback and because of the absolute rewards program which you can transfer your points to cash. when you get 200k in points you get $3000. I seem to make this fairly fast...I am probably not like many normal people that play there since I play a lot and I play HU a lot which means that I make it to 200k ARPs very quickly. I would guess that I have been making 300k+ ARP's a month for the last 3 months. I play 40k+ hands a month which may be why AP is the best option for me right now. I think that they have softest games between stars and FT.. I wish that I had rakeback at FT but i can't get it since I already made an account there. I did have someone offer to get me rakeback there but I had to sign up under some bogus name and I just do not trust that.

Capitola 10-22-2007 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be wrong about this...but I am pretty sure they generate the 3rd most amount of traffic among US players. I think Stars and Full Tilt are ahead of them. And worldwide I would guess that they are 4th behind Stars, Party, and Full Tilt. Again, it is very possible I am wrong about this.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are currently 4th among sites open to Americans according to pokersitescout. They were even lower before Party and others pulled out. IIRC, their marketing lied for years by claiming to be #3, and not just in the US but worldwide.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 04:50 AM

hey baronzeus what is your AP name? I read your posts a lot here and I respect what you have to say

2hi4me2cu 10-22-2007 04:52 AM

I still dont see why in the light of recent events - anyone would want to play there. If you have good poker ability, you should be able to make money on any reputable site. One that maybe hasnt been involved in cheating.

Phil153 10-22-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that nobody will give me any credit since I just joined today and I have no posts. FWIW I have been browsing 2+2 for 4 years..I used to have an account but apparently it got erased since I haven't signed into it for a long time. I have rarely ever posted here. I read through BBV and NVG forums daily, but I just do not post.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you read these read these forums daily with the default browse settings that everyone hates, and you've been doing it for years?

Then your first post ever gives a very unpopular opinion about the absolute scandal? nh sir. you win the the internet.

Phil153 10-22-2007 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do not work for AP...I get paid best there because of rakeback and because of the absolute rewards program which you can transfer your points to cash. when you get 200k in points you get $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention their weekly big money tournaments!

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-22-2007 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do not work for AP...I get paid best there because of rakeback and because of the absolute rewards program which you can transfer your points to cash. when you get 200k in points you get $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention their weekly big money tournaments!

[/ QUOTE ]

and reload bonuses

mooz3 10-22-2007 04:57 AM

You are very naive. However, you prove an important point...."When it comes to money, everyone is of the same religion".

One day you may get money stolen from you, or you may get your money tied up in some type of Neteller fiasco. This could happen here....if Enron can disappear overnight then Absolute Poker can disappear, as well. Funds can be frozen and you can be stiffed.

Very few people are capable of giving up an income stream for the sake of PRINCIPLE. The only recourse the poker community has is to put these places out of business and encourage authorities to put people in jail. If these things do not happen then people will continue to steal and laugh at you.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 05:01 AM

the only reason that I have written this post is because I haven't seen anybody back up absolute at all.

I don't think it is right for everyone to completely give up on this site because of this ordeal. One person that was/is associated with the site fcked a lot of ppl over. I think that this can happen anywhere. It is not absolute's fault. This could have happened at any site and maybe has already.

I agree that they have handled it incorrectly by denying everything. Look at how this whole community has pretty much blacklisted absolute already once the allegations were proven true. they were hoping to make it blow over which didnt happen.

I may be ignorant but I still trust them as my main poker site until they prove me wrong. They haven't screwed me over...they have treated me very well. If I had been one of the few that had been had lost money, then I may have a different view on the whole situation

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 05:04 AM

not sure what you mean by the default browse settings but yes I guess I use them and and I do read daily...don't believe if you dont want to, I do not care much if you are not going to give me a chance

MrGatorade 10-22-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nostrakhan i played you HU a lot, you play ok

[/ QUOTE ]

I played you HU and you dont play me anymore. Lets play 2 tables of 50-100 and go nuts like we have done in the past. Grab a pepsi and lets play for a few hours.

-Crazy Mike

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 05:06 AM

yes i can make money on any site but I have been making the most at absolute. I play where i have the highest ev

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 05:09 AM

crazy mike im sure you like the money ive donated to you

i gotta try to have better game selection...you're not someone that is worth playing for me

what is your whole take on this ap situation? I see that you still play there. Why not back me up and tell the community how much money you make in bonuses there, since nobody seems to believe me.

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-22-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
crazy mike im sure you like the money ive donated to you

i gotta try to have better game selection...you're not someone that is worth playing for me

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ someone turning down crazymike and saying they need better game selection

(not a dig at your nos, just funny because of mike's previous claims comments about ts)

mother_brain 10-22-2007 05:17 AM

I've never played 25-50NL in my life. But i'll transfer my entire bankroll and play all you want...if i get user363.

nostrakhan 10-22-2007 05:19 AM

sorry what is TS? i would like to play crazy mike when he is not running the best...but he is tough to play when running well. he uses the momentum to his advantage to the fullest.

NNNNOOOOONAN 10-22-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry what is TS? i would like to play crazy mike when he is not running the best...but he is tough to play when running well. he uses the momentum to his advantage to the fullest.

[/ QUOTE ]

TABLE SELECTION

Capitola 10-22-2007 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One person that was/is associated with the site fcked a lot of ppl over. I think that this can happen anywhere. It is not absolute's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]
See, you don't know that. You're just believing what they're telling you. Right now it looks like the #1 and #2 guys in the company were involved, and it's pretty unlikely that nobody else knew about it.

The "rogue consultant" story is misleading at best if the "consultant" is actually the second in command. At worst it's just another lie/coverup. If they want us to believe it, they need to release a lot of details about what happened and how it could be done by just one guy working alone. Wanna bet they're not gonna do that?