Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Wii Sports High Scores (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=277661)

lennytheduck 12-07-2006 04:28 PM

Wii Sports High Scores

My roommates and I have become absolutely addicted to this game; it's probably on an average of 8-10 hours per day. I'll assume that everyone else is enjoying it as well. What are some of your high scores so far?

Golf (9 holes): -4
Bowling: 226
Boxing: ~1600 points

None of us really play baseball because it sucks and we just started to get into tennis. Lowest Wii Fitness Age so far is 22.

econophile 12-07-2006 04:41 PM

Re: Wii Sports High Scores

my first wii fitness age was 56 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A S U 12-07-2006 04:45 PM

I'm just getting into this. I was preoccupied with Zelda, but took a break and love it! Tennis is the best by far. I think I have a rating around 1600 after like 15 matches or so. I bowled a 185. So far on golf I've only managed -1. That [censored] 9th hole and destroyed so many great rounds!

Davey 12-07-2006 04:53 PM

My best game bowling was a 267, tennis is close to 1900 points. Other games I havent played as much. First wii fitness age was 67, now its usually around 24-26.

Soul Daddy 12-07-2006 04:54 PM

I pretty much only play bowling and fitness tests, for which my highs are 256 and 21 respectively. Though I'm significantly worse at bowling than I was when I started. I assume that has to do with my Pro classification? If not, then I just lost my flow.

4_2_it 12-07-2006 04:56 PM

My 9 year old daughter bowled a 239 over the weekend. Her average is around 195.

She just takes two steps to the right and wails on the ball. She consistently hits the pocket and very rarely knocks down less than 8 pins.

Of course, I have yet to break 190 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Nicholasp27 12-07-2006 04:57 PM

for golf fans, new golf game comes out this month; getting good reviews

whipsaw 12-07-2006 05:02 PM

I don't think anyone could get to 1600 in tennis in just 15 matches unless you won pretty much every point.

Soul Daddy 12-07-2006 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it Super Swing Golf? I thought that looked like one of those games that would only release in Japan. It sounds pretty sweet. Really, I'd gladly accept any golf or baseball game that had any depth whatsoever right now.

skiier04 12-07-2006 05:06 PM

Bowling 272 holla

A S U 12-07-2006 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anyone could get to 1600 in tennis in just 15 matches unless you won pretty much every point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually lost 2 matches. It was a rough quess. No more than 20 for sure. I did beat the first 4 teams 40-0 in straight sets. I also play best of 5, if that makes a difference.

A S U 12-07-2006 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Online capable?

Little offtopic, but do you know when the games are going to go online?

Vlorg 12-07-2006 05:26 PM

I got my first Platinum medal finally in the boxing bag event.

Edited to remove number of bags in case it's a spoiler for anyone.

lennytheduck 12-07-2006 07:27 PM

Just got a new high bowling of 269, had 8 strikes in a row.

Also got the first platinum today, also in bowling, by getting a strike on Stage 10 of Power Throws.

Anyone know anything more about the new golf game?

nolanfan34 12-07-2006 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also got the first platinum today, also in bowling, by getting a strike on Stage 10 of Power Throws.

[/ QUOTE ]

How the F did you do that? I can't seem to really get my ball to go faster, let alone get a strike on that stage.

lennytheduck 12-08-2006 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How the F did you do that? I can't seem to really get my ball to go faster, let alone get a strike on that stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think a lot of that game is luck. One important thing to get used to in bowling is your release, however. The earlier you let go of the ball, the faster it rolls, but it also has a lot more spin because it on the lane longer. I prefer to toss the ball in the air when im bowling for real but to roll it more when im playing the Power Throw game.

Abones 12-08-2006 12:57 PM

277 is my bowling best
My best fitness age is 30 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Badger 12-08-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpm8uNARfYE

Soul Daddy 12-08-2006 01:29 PM

hahahaha... wtf?

lennytheduck 12-08-2006 02:16 PM

Up to 289 in bowling today. Spared the first frame and got 9 on the last ball.

Down to 21 in Wii Fitness.

splashpot 12-08-2006 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpm8uNARfYE

[/ QUOTE ]
Glitch or built in cheat?

Badger 12-08-2006 05:15 PM

Easter egg apparently. I couldn't get it to work. Only works on the 91 pin set up.

AllinDan 12-11-2006 01:15 PM

when I play tennis against my roommates it doesn't raise the ratings of our miis at all. what are we doing wrong?

4_2_it 12-11-2006 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when I play tennis against my roommates it doesn't raise the ratings of our miis at all. what are we doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

It only works when you play against the computer. I have a zero rating, but am close to unbeatable with my daughter as a doubles partner.

After all, we can't allow unscrupulous people to manipulate their ratings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

whipsaw 12-11-2006 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It only works when you play against the computer. I have a zero rating, but am close to unbeatable with my daughter as a doubles partner.

After all, we can't allow unscrupulous people to manipulate their ratings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and her should play the computers to see how good you are - get up to the 1900/2000 match. You never know if you're unbeatable until you play the toughest cpu players!

Teetster 12-11-2006 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first wii fitness age was 56 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

My 3.5 year old son loves the fitness test. (I don't know why.) His first 2 day scores were 80 and 79. Yesterday he scored 29. He's gotten pretty good with the remote.

Oh and on the bowling game where it progressively adds more pins, his high score is 562 and I haven't beat it yet. Damn kid.

I still own him at regular bowling though.

:-) :-)

Teetster 12-11-2006 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Inquiring minds want to know.

4_2_it 12-11-2006 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You and her should play the computers to see how good you are - get up to the 1900/2000 match. You never know if you're unbeatable until you play the toughest cpu players!

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you play 2 vs. the computer? When we play 2 it always puts us against each other. (Can't say I've tried to make it 2 vs computer though.)

akishore 12-11-2006 04:21 PM

You know the most frustrating thing EVER?

Getting 90 pins out of 91 on stage 10 of the power throws drill. Uggghhhhhhhhh!

My score ended up being a record for my console, 533 or so, but if I had gotten that ONE extra pin, it would be 625 or so.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

whipsaw 12-11-2006 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you play 2 vs. the computer? When we play 2 it always puts us against each other. (Can't say I've tried to make it 2 vs computer though.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes, I found this by accident. Point your mote at the tv and click on the players on the screen where you choose best of 1, 3, or 5. You can switch each one between yourself and the cpu. Have player 2 click both players on the right and player 1's net player. Now you're both on the same side against the cpu. Enjoy!

4_2_it 12-11-2006 05:42 PM

whipsaw,

Thanks!

whipsaw 12-11-2006 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whipsaw,

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Trip report against 1900/2000 for five matches anticipated!

x2ski 12-12-2006 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Inquiring minds want to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my only Platinum medal too. For me, I just bowl normal and try to hit the pocket as usual. Nothing special... But there are times where I hit the pocket perfectly (IMO) and there are tons of pins still standing, so I dunno.

Regular bowling: 259
Golf: -3

Re: Tennis Training - Holy balls this gets hard. I'm quite proud of my 54 total returns (Gold only, I think... Maybe Platinum too? [I just finished a long-ass poker session so I'm a little foggy]). It took me forever to break 50. That chick can get viscious! Also, so far there doesn't seem to be any pattern to her shots. They seem completely random, which I think is pretty cool for replay value.

tannenj 12-13-2006 06:35 AM

golf: -7 (9 holes)

hr derby: 10/10

lennytheduck 12-13-2006 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
golf: -7 (9 holes)

hr derby: 10/10

[/ QUOTE ]

How many feet in HR Derby? My best is 5321.

tannenj 12-13-2006 09:53 AM

i'll have to check later, probably around your best though.

akishore 12-22-2006 04:31 AM

246 in bowling. My scorecard looked like:

X X X X X X 9/ X 9/ 9/8

Yes, that's right, not only a turkey, but a SIX PACK right off the bat. Sexy time. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

akishore 12-22-2006 04:33 AM

Also, I got to lane 18 in the third training mode for bowling (the one where you pick up spares while avoiding obstacles). 18!!!

Unfortunately, it was during a fitness test (my normal record is 8, I was just on fire during the test), and during the third part of the test (the baseball compact-hit drill), the game froze. This was the first time it's ever frozen. So I had to reset the system, so not only did I not get to find out my wii age, it didn't count the record (though I don't know if it would have anyway). [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

skiier04 12-22-2006 08:38 AM

I bowled a 300.

Nicholasp27 12-22-2006 10:55 AM

it wouldn't have recorded any record in wii fitness...u have to play it in training mode to get the training record

but ur age woulda been low if u did even decent on the other 2 games