Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Send a message to Kevin Everett (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498300)

Assani Fisher 09-11-2007 01:04 AM

Send a message to Kevin Everett

http://www.buffalobills.com/KevinEverett.jsp

Tyler Durden 09-11-2007 01:06 AM

Re: Send a message to Kevin Everett

Great idea, thanks for posting this.

Russ M. 09-11-2007 01:07 AM

Sent.

anatta 09-11-2007 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

vixticator 09-11-2007 01:13 AM

Nice link.

I sent a few words. Not much to say, it really sucks that such a great game sometimes leads to devestating injuries. We all want to see big hits but when someone is seriously injured it's very sad. Never want to see a young man go through this.

Kos13 09-11-2007 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nutshot2 09-11-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:21 AM

Nah

Toro 09-11-2007 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice link.

I sent a few words. Not much to say, it really sucks that such a great game sometimes leads to devestating injuries. We all want to see big hits but when someone is seriously injured it's very sad. Never want to see a young man go through this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to make a statement here that is inconsistent to my own feelings which is that I don't care if players use steroids in the NFL. But I have to suspect that the fact that they are bigger, stronger and faster contributes to increasing the likelihood of this type of injury.

Dids 09-11-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Kevin,

I had no idea who you were until 3 days ago, but now that I do it's way sadder than you're hurt than all the other people who got hurt over the past three days because you're (now) famous.

Dudd 09-11-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Kevin,

I had no idea who you were until 3 days ago, but now that I do it's way sadder than you're hurt than all the other people who got hurt over the past three days because you're (now) famous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, this is being a giant douchebag. Yes, he's not famous until he broke his neck. But, do you enjoy the NFL? Do you watch any NFL games? Of course you do, and these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can entertain you, much more so than the big name superstars of the world who don't play special teams and get paid tons more. Without guys like him, there would be no NFL.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can make tons more money than they otherwise ever could dream of

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Without guys like him, the Bills would hire one of hundreds of other people willing to take his place

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, it's sad. It's not "let's organize the interwebs to deal with this national tragedy" sad.

nutshot2 09-11-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
these guys are putting their lives on the line every week so that they can make tons more money than they otherwise ever could dream of

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Without guys like him, the Bills would hire one of hundreds of other people willing to take his place

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, it's sad. It's not "let's organize the interwebs to deal with this national tragedy" sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're a huge douchebag.

slothinator 09-11-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats, you're a huge douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be new here. Everyone already knows this; it's part of his charm. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kyro 09-11-2007 01:07 PM

Meh, I understand where Clark and Dids are coming from and I understand it to a point. But when I heard the news on ESPN last night, I got a little sick to my stomach. I don't think this makes either Clark or Dids bad people to feel this way, but I don't fault anyone for being emotionally affected by it.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't fault anyone for being emotionally affected by it

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. I just find the outpouring of concern etc to be a little odd considering what happens on a daily basis all over the place, to people who don't have a saftey net, and didn't make a choice to put themselves in harms way. Not saying I wouldn't be an NFL player myself if I wasn't a scrawny talentless dork. Not saying it's not tragic and sad. I have friends/acquaintences who play(ed) in the NFL. I just think the attention it gets is way out of whack. Keep in mind, this is coming from a person who finds it absolutely mind boggling that people cared so much about Princess Diana or Random Kennedy Dude dying.

Dudd 09-11-2007 01:20 PM

Look, we all ignore tragedy, otherwise we couldn't go on living. When was the last time you thought about Africa? But I think it makes you a giant douchebag to crowd around the tv every week when jacked up's on and then try and act like you're too cool to care when someone gets seriously injured.

Dids 09-11-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either. I just find the outpouring of concern etc to be a little odd considering what happens on a daily basis all over the place, to people who don't have a saftey net, and didn't make a choice to put themselves in harms way. Not saying I wouldn't be an NFL player myself if I wasn't a scrawny talentless dork. Not saying it's not tragic and sad. I have friends/acquaintences who play(ed) in the NFL. I just think the attention it gets is way out of whack. Keep in mind, this is coming from a person who finds it absolutely mind boggling that people cared so much about Princess Diana or Random Kennedy Dude dying.

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

Obviously it's sad and nobody suggest it isn't. It's just that it's not any more sad than anything else that's horrible and tragic and sad. I don't have enough time in my day to send a get well soon note to everybody in the world that needs it, and there's nothing special about this guy that makes me want to single him out.

SL__72 09-11-2007 01:31 PM

Whatever, no nead to rain on the parade of those who are emotionally effected by it.

Also, this not caring about one person's suffering because someone else is suffering worse thing is BS.

CrazyPsycho 09-11-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

Obviously it's sad and nobody suggest it isn't. It's just that it's not any more sad than anything else that's horrible and tragic and sad. I don't have enough time in my day to send a get well soon note to everybody in the world that needs it, and there's nothing special about this guy that makes me want to single him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

So don't post in the [censored] thread?

Homer 09-11-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

So don't post in the [censored] thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. There's nothing wrong with not sending this guy a get well note and/or thinking he doesn't deserve it more than anyone else, but that's no reason to come into the thread to let everyone know. No one cares.

Triumph36 09-11-2007 01:40 PM

mostly people who complain about things like this are self-important douches ... wait, you mean it's dids and clarkmeister? yeah, yeah, that sounds about right

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this not caring about one person's suffering because someone else is suffering worse thing is BS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say I didn't care.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people who complain about things like this

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I complain.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
act like you're too cool to care

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did I say I didn't care.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no reason to come into the thread to let everyone know. No one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as much reason as there is for people to come to the thread and let everyone know that they *are* sending an email.

Tyler Durden 09-11-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, we all ignore tragedy, otherwise we couldn't go on living. When was the last time you thought about Africa? But I think it makes you a giant douchebag to crowd around the tv every week when jacked up's on and then try and act like you're too cool to care when someone gets seriously injured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is about right. If you take joy in seeing the hard/punishing hits and feel nothing when someone gets hurt as a result....well there seems to be something wrong w/ that. I think it's selfish.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no nead to rain on the parade of those who are emotionally effected by it

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure that "rain on their parade" is a good phrase here.

Also I don't see where I told someone else not to care or be affected.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
feel nothing when someone gets hurt as a result....well there seems to be something wrong w/ that. I think it's selfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither Dibs nor I said we felt nothing.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dudd 09-11-2007 01:53 PM

Is it ironic to ignore Clarkmeister? 1

Tyler Durden 09-11-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
feel nothing when someone gets hurt as a result....well there seems to be something wrong w/ that. I think it's selfish

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I should not have written that. If you don't feel enough to take 20 seconds out of your day to type a note, that's being selfish considering he lives to play the game that you and I love to watch.

SomethingClever 09-11-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no reason to come into the thread to let everyone know. No one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as much reason as there is for people to come to the thread and let everyone know that they *are* sending an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, the title of the thread is, "send a message to Kevin Everett."

So it makes more sense for people who are sending an email to post in here than people who aren't.

FWIW I agree that it's a little silly to get very worked up about this when there are plenty of equally horrible or worse things going on in the world all the time.

But coming in just to crap on the thread is pretty pointless IMO.

kyro 09-11-2007 01:57 PM

I feel like we have this exact same discussion/flame war every single time somebody famous gets injured/involved in something tragic.

SL__72 09-11-2007 01:57 PM

Its just funny that you think it is a better use of your time to explain why you aren't going to send him a note then it is to send him a note.

vin17 09-11-2007 01:59 PM

A guy's just lost his career, livelihood, and won't be able to get it back.

Sure it actually affects nobody here, but c'mon.

Tyler Durden 09-11-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its just funny that you think it is a better use of your time to explain why you aren't going to send him a note then it is to send him a note.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, very true.

Clarkmeister 09-11-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I should not have written that. If you don't feel enough to take 20 seconds out of your day to type a note, that's being selfish considering he lives to play the game that you and I love to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a great human being. Please let me know how many letters you've written to local law enforcement that's been hurt on the job so I know just where to put you on the "great guy" scale. Sounds like you could be right at the top!

Triumph36 09-11-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a great human being. Please let me know how many letters you've written to local law enforcement that's been hurt on the job so I know just where to put you on the "great guy" scale. Sounds like you could be right at the top!

[/ QUOTE ]

this attitude is so obnoxious

the great thing about suffering is that someone out there is always worse off

Tyler Durden 09-11-2007 02:04 PM

Meh, I hate cops. I love football.