Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   donkbet why? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557304)

sh58 11-29-2007 03:41 PM

donkbet why?

i have seen donkbets in 3bet pots before and they are almost always weak

so why this line here. villain has no reads on me as i have just sat and we haven't played before. if he datamines he probably sees me as 22/18. i have him as 18/18/4 over 200 datamined hands

Party Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $47
sh58 (BTN): $200.80
SB: $343.85
BB: $366.45
UTG: $260.75

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to sh58 (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $7</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">sh58 raises to $22</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $15

Flop: ($47) 7http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 6http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $31</font>, <font color="red">sh58 raises to $85</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $238.75 and is All-In</font>, sh58 calls $93.80 and is All-In

Turn: ($404.60) 5http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($404.60) 6http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $404.60 Pot ($2 Rake)
sh58 showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Sixes) and WON $402.60 (+$201.80 NET)
UTG showed T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Thttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (two pairs, Tens and Sixes) and LOST (-$200.80 NET)

is he inducing a raise?

does anyone out there donkbet in 3bet pots, cos i don't understand why people would do it 100BB deep?

Imrahil 11-29-2007 03:44 PM

Re: donkbet why?

He doesn't have a clue so he probably flips a coin.

jakeduke 11-29-2007 03:53 PM

he probably thinks he has some fold equity w/ the lead, and then when you raise says "i look weak and he's raising w/ ak so [censored] him i arrin".

I would maybe consider leading with a strong hand every once in a while (because those leads do get raised a ton ime), but i've never actually done it and don't think i'm missing out on much.

h_ven 11-29-2007 03:56 PM

He had an overpair and gutshot, he loved his 4 extra outs. But you're right, how can he think he's ahead when you 3-bet PF and raise him on the flop?

I play middle pairs much more cautiosly after being 3-bet PF, and would probaby c/f most flops. If I bet out and got raised, then I'd also have to fold, obv.

therockofgibraltar 11-29-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I play middle pairs much more cautiosly after being 3-bet PF, and would probaby c/f most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

please dont tell me you are only calling for set value? I think it is not profitable to call 3-bets with pp with 100bb stacks only for set value. Have to gamble sometimes.

Casper05 11-29-2007 04:03 PM

because villain is an idiot

h_ven 11-29-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I play middle pairs much more cautiosly after being 3-bet PF, and would probaby c/f most flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

please dont tell me you are only calling for set value? I think it is not profitable to call 3-bets with pp with 100bb stacks only for set value. Have to gamble sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I set mine way too much. This a big leak in my game and I need to learn to play medium and small pocket pairs better. Would c/ring be a good line here sometimes?

sh58 11-29-2007 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He had an overpair and gutshot, he loved his 4 extra outs. But you're right, how can he think he's ahead when you 3-bet PF and raise him on the flop?

I play middle pairs much more cautiosly after being 3-bet PF, and would probaby c/f most flops. If I bet out and got raised, then I'd also have to fold, obv.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would stack off against me with TT in that spot everytime, but the point is why donk when i will probably Cbet and then he can raise.

Daddy Warbucks 11-29-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i would stack off against me with TT in that spot everytime, but the point is why donk when i will probably Cbet and then he can raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Seems like even against a light 3 bettor, you're only ever going to be SA/WB when you get action.

sh58 11-29-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Seems like even against a light 3 bettor, you're only ever going to be SA/WB when you get action.

[/ QUOTE ]

we has a gutshot

carnivalhobo 11-29-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont need "action" when they cbet/fold to a c/r like 60% of the time. and we has an outs

Daddy Warbucks 11-29-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont need "action" when they cbet/fold to a c/r like 60% of the time. and we has an outs

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not talking about anybody folding though, he's talking about stacking off on this flop with TT.

sh58 11-29-2007 06:36 PM

there isn;t much else to do with TT here. we are OOP, i hate c/c, then ending with a tricky decision if a JQK or A hit, or convincing ourselves to fold to a blank when he keeps betting.

we can't c/f the flop with an overpair, so c/r is the only move. we are only a 3/1 dog if he has JJ, QQ, KK or AA anyway, and we are a favorite over 99

when i am OOP in 3bet pots w/o the betting lead i am pretty much always c/f or c/r

AZDezertRat 11-29-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am i the only one that that will 3bet on button with AK then when someone donk bets me reraise the flop with AK on this board knowning he will fold often... And does... obv as played hero is rep'ing AA/KK/QQ type hand but if hero is good he can do so with AK knowing donk better has to fold a lot of hands that beat AK

Daddy Warbucks 11-29-2007 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there isn;t much else to do with TT here. we are OOP, i hate c/c, then ending with a tricky decision if a JQK or A hit, or convincing ourselves to fold to a blank when he keeps betting.

we can't c/f the flop with an overpair, so c/r is the only move. we are only a 3/1 dog if he has JJ, QQ, KK or AA anyway, and we are a favorite over 99

when i am OOP in 3bet pots w/o the betting lead i am pretty much always c/f or c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

The more i think about it the more i like the bet/fold with a donk bet here. Except he didn't fold.

nazahl 11-29-2007 06:43 PM

"ooohhh I have an overpair, I beat AceKing, I should bet!!! lolz, ohh he raised??? AK again obviously!!! I'm ALL IN!"

nazahl 11-29-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c/c is fine here

sh58 11-29-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am i the only one that that will 3bet on button with AK then when someone donk bets me reraise the flop with AK on this board knowning he will fold often... And does... obv as played hero is rep'ing AA/KK/QQ type hand but if hero is good he can do so with AK knowing donk better has to fold a lot of hands that beat AK

[/ QUOTE ]

i think with AK in this spot, knowing that UTG raisecallers usually have a tightish raise, i;d just muck AK to the donk.

a TAG's calling range is gonna be maybe 99-QQ. maybe half the AA and KK combo's, sometimes AK. basically i don't like to try and get people to fold overpairs in 3bet pots.

when people donk on something like a Qxx board i will bluffraise alot with whatever i happen to have. this is because it is usually people with JJ-99 not wanting to c/f, so they b/f instead

ellington1641 11-29-2007 06:50 PM

I'd definitely c-r...worst case is you have 6 outs, you get a lot of folds, if he checks behind it's not terrible, and you might get called by a worse hand like 99 or maybe even 55, depending on how big his c-bet is...

donkeykong2 11-29-2007 08:56 PM

he prly just thought, overpair, i bet to protect my hand and see if he has anything. he RAISES? gotta be a bluff, who raises with good hands if i bet into him?, i m all in!

yad 11-30-2007 02:02 AM

in one of fimbulwinter's old posts he says one of the criteria for moving up to 5/10 (lol those were the days) was knowing when to b3b and when to c/r. villain hasn't figured it out yet.