Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NFL Week 13 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274062)

Russ M. 12-03-2006 02:06 PM

Official NFL Week 13 Thread

Didn't see this yet. Atlanta has thrown one pass so far, and they have one drop.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:22 PM

Re: Official NFL Week 13 Thread

Grossman just threw a really, really ugly interception right to a Vikings player. The play before, he threw to Desmond in double coverage in the endzone when Moose was wide open running a slant n go.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:26 PM

Whole lot of offense in the Rams-Cards game. Cards started at their own 10 (penalty on ko return) and easily drove 90 yards for the TD. Now the Rams drove to the 9, but had to settle for a figgie. Good start for fantasy players all around.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:42 PM

Interception #2 for Grossman, throwing a deep jump ball for Berrian down the sideline. Picked by Winfield. Ball seemed to hang up in the wind.

Nick B. 12-03-2006 02:42 PM

It looks like none of the Detroit players want to be there.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 02:45 PM

I woke up and my pots had iced over, you bitches

Redskins -----------> PLAYOFFS!

ridonkulous 12-03-2006 02:47 PM

Re: I woke up and my pots had iced over, you bitches

Devin Hester is awesome.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:47 PM

My god Hester is sick. Catches it on the bounce, takes two steps backwards/sideways away from FOUR Vikings, breaks a tackle, breaks another tackle at the ten, touchdown.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 02:48 PM

Chicago with a nice punt return TD

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember when I said they should have been starting Campbell a long time ago? Yeah.....

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember when I said they should have been starting Campbell a long time ago? Yeah.....

[/ QUOTE ]Clearly you were right, but I don't think you had any inside info on Campbell or anything....some young QBs turn out to be good and some don't. Hes 2/2 on the day, so its not like they're throwing a ton, but he does have a long TD pass to Moss. I actually havn't even been able to watch any of the games(I live in NY) so I havn't been able to really form an opinion on him yet. I'd be estatic if he could play well enough to be trusted as the starter for next year.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 02:51 PM

actually 2/4 now that I look.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:52 PM

I was only half serious. I was impressed with Campbell in college, but I thought they should start him because there was no point in starting Brunell over him. I didn't think Campbell would be great right away.

The touchdown to Moss was luckboxed. He just chucked it up into double coverage, one defender fell, and Moss outjumped the other. It's nice having Santana Moss to throw deep to.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 02:56 PM

And the week has its first ridiculous roughing the passer penalty. Urlacher gets called for "flexing his muscles and shoving him to the ground." (ref's explanation, verbatim). The anouncers are openly tearing the call and the rule apart.

holeplug 12-03-2006 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the week has its first ridiculous roughing the passer penalty. Urlacher gets called for "flexing his muscles and shoving him to the ground." (ref's explanation, verbatim). The anouncers are openly tearing the call and the rule apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

They just need to get it over with and say that if the QB falls down on any play its a penalty.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Obviously I'm biased since I'm rooting for the Vikes due to the bet, but I dont' think this one was as bad as some others I've seen. Urlacher did shove him clearly after the ball was released. But yeah....lol at that explanation.

PokerFink 12-03-2006 03:04 PM

Holy crap, Tony Siragusa just had a nice analysis (paraphrasing):

"By now, Grossman should realize that he has a great defense that can win games. He needs to be patient. There is no reason for him to take all these chances and make bad decisions. Just be patient and let the defense take care of things. If he was more patient and eliminated the mistakes, the Bears would be unbelivable."

Fans are booing Grossman a lot.

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 03:04 PM

Watching Grossman now...

How on earth was this guy(and the entire offense) so good for the first few weeks of the season?

PokerFink 12-03-2006 03:22 PM

My guess is that teams weren't expecting them to throw deep all the time.

Richard Tanner 12-03-2006 03:24 PM

Manning just threw his 2nd interception today. Although it's interesting to point out, of his 8 total this year, 5 have started in his receivers hands and been either tipped or dislodged. Lol Variancaments.

Cody

Richard Tanner 12-03-2006 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching Grossman now...

How on earth was this guy(and the entire offense) so good for the first few weeks of the season?

[/ QUOTE ]

First 9 weeks=2 teams with winning records I recall.

Cody

capone0 12-03-2006 03:24 PM

Look at the teams he played. Especially those at the time who were clueless defensively. They also have much more film on him now. Obviously his flaws are very apparent to opponent Ds.

Richard Tanner 12-03-2006 03:31 PM

OH MY GOD!! A Titan's WR catches the ball, gets hit by an Indy CB and clearly falls at the 1 (with the ball in his right hand, away from the goalline), then rolls into the endzone. It's ruled a TD, every possible review angle shows what I described and the ref upholds the call???

Why even have reply if you aren't going to watch them.

Cody

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 03:31 PM

I don't think the Bears make the Super Bowl. Its hard to say which team will since the NFC sucks so much, but I just can't imagine them beating 2 good teams even at home. I think that Dallas would definitely beat them right now though.

Richard Tanner 12-03-2006 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the Bears make the Super Bowl. Its hard to say which team will since the NFC sucks so much, but I just can't imagine them beating 2 good teams even at home. I think that Dallas would definitely beat them right now though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Dal stays hot, it'd be hard to pick against them, but it's pretty unlikely that Romo stays this hot for 8 weeks.

Cody

Assani Fisher 12-03-2006 03:33 PM

btw, LT with a 51 yard TD run so far today...funny that its so commonplace that we don't even mention it.

Russ M. 12-03-2006 03:35 PM

Yep, standard.

Jack of Arcades 12-03-2006 03:35 PM

Reggie Bush has 3 first downs receiving and a TD running.

The offense has really sucked for New Orleans today, but Deuce has a long run (on a fake End Around to Bush) and Reggie has had a couple of great touches.

Jack of Arcades 12-03-2006 03:37 PM

Roderick Green was actually *holding onto Drew Brees's arm*, but he was able to throw it to Reggie who got his 4th first down today.

Jack of Arcades 12-03-2006 03:42 PM

And Reggie has his 2nd TD. A pretty good run on that play. He's coming alive.

Russ M. 12-03-2006 03:43 PM

Wow terrible decision by Campbell. Not the first time in this game he's tried to just chuck it facing a possible sack.

holeplug 12-03-2006 03:47 PM

I really need sunday ticket....on cbs its 31-0 Jets over the Packers and they are not changing the game yet

PokerFink 12-03-2006 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really need sunday ticket....on cbs its 31-0 Jets over the Packers and they are not changing the game yet

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the [censored] steelers game because I'm in a steelers market.... no cowboys/giants for me. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

TheRover 12-03-2006 04:01 PM

lolololol

Grossman gets a pass tipped at the line and a LB picks it off. Next play Johnson has a pass bounce right off a receiver's chest and into the hands of a DB.

SuperUberBob 12-03-2006 04:03 PM

I can't believe the Bears are the best team in the NFC.

If they had a schedule like the AFC teams, they probably wouldn't even have a winning record.

SuperUberBob 12-03-2006 04:04 PM

How is that not roughing the passer?

May be one of the most blown calls in the NFL.

CrazyPsycho 12-03-2006 04:09 PM

Here comes Buffalo...let's see if they can keep up the momentum.

17-14...

Jeff W 12-03-2006 04:09 PM

[censored] Chargers have to make me sweat every game.

SuperUberBob 12-03-2006 04:13 PM

Dear Brad Johnson,

Ricky Manning Jr. is not on your team.

SuperUberBob

Case Closed 12-03-2006 04:14 PM

Oh bears...I don't know what to say.